ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Case but no Job now

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DebSen
Newly Registered

Post by DebSen » Tue May 31, 2011 11:32 am

psdesai wrote:It does sounds unfair and there is nothing in the policy document which suggest that you should be in the employment when you apply for the ILR. (You should be actively looking for work, which I believe you were doing). I think you have a strong case for you here.
Hi PSDesai,

Thanks a lot. Yes, I was / am actively looking for Jobs and also in fact mentioned that in my covering letter "9. I am actively looking for a job in UK. I have attached proof of job search / applications in Annexure-A. I am very hopeful to get a job soon."..

She never wanted the Annexure-A, despite my request to her. She did not even accept the Annexure-A. (Annexure-A included Jobs Interview Mail/Invite, CV submission mails (10+) etc covering the period from Feb-May.

So.. do not know what is the next step....???

Tensed and wondering.....

Regards,
DebSen

Being fair does not mean that you will be treated fairly..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

I've sent you a PM

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm

DebSen wrote:
psdesai wrote:It does sounds unfair and there is nothing in the policy document which suggest that you should be in the employment when you apply for the ILR. (You should be actively looking for work, which I believe you were doing). I think you have a strong case for you here.
Hi PSDesai,

Thanks a lot. Yes, I was / am actively looking for Jobs and also in fact mentioned that in my covering letter "9. I am actively looking for a job in UK. I have attached proof of job search / applications in Annexure-A. I am very hopeful to get a job soon."..

She never wanted the Annexure-A, despite my request to her. She did not even accept the Annexure-A. (Annexure-A included Jobs Interview Mail/Invite, CV submission mails (10+) etc covering the period from Feb-May.

So.. do not know what is the next step....???

Tensed and wondering.....

Regards,
DebSen

Being fair does not mean that you will be treated fairly..
I can understand the fustration. However as things stands now there is nothing much you can do about it unless HO sends you some reply. Hopefully a favourable one. Meanwhile you can contact a good solicitor and take his/her advise on board so when you do get reply from HO , you are ready for further process.
Just make sure you are dealing with a genunie solictor (not some crook). I have heard so many times people being con by agents. (Just be careful)

I am sure you'll be fine as you have strong case.

edit:Also as you are looking for job. Get any job you can even with less money then you are expecting right now. I am sure you are highly skilled so you should be able to get something. And when you do, send a letter to HO that you are now economically active. (This is just a suggestion though. Might be good idea to take advise from senior members on this forum (or from a solicitor) about this)
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

DebSen
Newly Registered

Post by DebSen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi All,

I want to share some good news. I got my ILR today. Applied for myself and my daughter and after just over a month UKBA have finally given the passport with ILR stamped.

1. Applied in Croydon PEO on 27th May 2011
2. Received the documents today on 2nd July with special delivery.

Thanks everyone for encouragement.

Yes, they have been fair in my case.

Regards,
DebSen

DebSen
Newly Registered

Post by DebSen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Here is the time line....

1. Applied at PEO Croydon - 27th May 2011
2. ILR stamped - 26th June 2011
3. Posted (Royal Mail Recorded Delivery) - 30th June 2011
4. Received - 2nd July 2011