ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Earnigns for ILR as a Limited company director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

John wrote:£7072 / 12 = £589 per month could well be the ideal salary to pay the Director.
I have started my limited company in June 2011 and was unaware about the process of salary and dividends till I read your post. Thanks John for these details answers.

my question is I have not been paid from my Limited company for the month of July 2011 and August 2011. Can I NOW(in september) pay my self with the salary you have advised? And make a payslip accordingly.

The other question is who will sign the payslip? I have also raised a question about the PAYE requirment in a separate post before posting this in the same topic.
The question is... to be or not to be....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:33 am

My question is do I have to register my Ltd company with HMRC as PAYE?
Well yes you do. Are you trying to operate your limited company with no professional advice, and no (I suspect) knowledge about UK company law? If that is the case, I strongly suggest that you commence to get that professional advice.
Can I NOW(in september) pay my self with the salary you have advised? And make a payslip accordingly.
Well yes, it is your company, and you can make that decision. But as regards possibly also paying a dividend from your company, do ensure that all aspects of company law are complied with.
John