ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused again: under section3C please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

There is no application pending with UKBA that you wish to "correct". The problem has been that you have taken "corrective measures" only after your applications had been decided upon.

Once an application has been decided, it ceases to be "an application" .. and therefore there is nothing to correct! A request to reconsider the decision(s) may not be entertained because none of the caseworker(s) assigned to your application(s) seem to have erred in refusing your applications.

You can continue to wait for a response from the caseworker assigned to your most recent application but, IMHO, you may end up waiting in vain and, in turn, prolong your unlawful stay in the UK further.

Instead, you should seek professional legal advice from a "competent" solicitor to explore the possibility of applying for discretionary leave to remain in the UK - if your personal / family life in the UK in the past 8 years warrant any such discretion.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks,

I have got no option but to wait for a response, even if i want to leave i need the documentation that I have sent to sheffield office, as they contain all my original documents. And top of which my partner is malaysian and my two month old son dosen't have a passport yet. I need to sort that out as well.

I just pray that some miracle happens and the case worker re-considers my appeal.

PB

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Having said that how can i apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK?

Can i make a joint application whilst i apply for a passport for my son from the malaysian ambassy?

Please advise?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:47 pm

What do you mean when you say "joint application"?

DL as the name suggests is subject to discretion, so before making (yet) another attempt to remain in the UK - when your passports have been retained by UKBA and you have been advised to co-ordinate with "removal team" - you should seek sound legal advice from a competent solicitor.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Just a question.

Why didn't you apply for ILR if you have been resident in the UK for 8 years?

-H

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 am

I'm not sure I qualify for ILR as my stay in UK has been a combination of student and post study work.

At the moment I am waiting for Some response from the home office as my original documents are with them and soon I'll be contacting the removal team for my voluntary return, but hoping for some miracle to happen meanwhile.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

Guys, best that we stick to the subject of the topic ... and keep our opinions on matters unrelated to ourselves.