ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to know if EEA is PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Benefits of Permanent Resident for EEA / EU citizen

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:03 am

After you have acquired Permanent Residence ( PR) you ( and your family members whom you are sponsoring) are supposed to be treated the same as the nationals of your host nation ( the same rules apply as if you were British), thus you are no longer required to exercise Treaty Rights to be a qualified person, as PR means you automatically qualify.

In other words, you don't have those EXTRA hurdles to jump through any longer. You are supposed to be treated like a British citizen by all the authorities.

Also PR also gives you the ability to use the UK Visa system to sponsor someone if there would be any advantage in that????

Also, you can be out of the country for up to two years and you are still regarded as being a permanent resident. More than two years and you lose your PR status.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I am not totally sure. They scan everyone's passport (UK, EU, others) when they enter, and I think it would be naive to assume the information is just thrown away.
no mate its not true 100% because myw wife has a hungarian ID card with bar code at the back of it.
when ever we came from hungary to manchester or liverpool etc the border guard just see the card and let her go.
but when we travelled to birmingham they mention i need toscan your cardbut all border guard did was use UV light.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am

Jambo wrote:You are a bit inconsistent in the dates you provide in different posts. Dec 2005? Dec 2006? 2012? 2013?
Hi Jambo, I think i mixed the dates so here is the data

My wife and me came to the uk on 16th dec 2006 and got married on 19th dec 2006 and she got work in jan 2007 and applied for her WRS.
( So from 16th December 2006- 14th January 2007 we hadno insurance)

She worked from January 2007- January 2008 completing her 12 months under WRS and after that I got EEA2 .

On 13th January 2008 we came to England and she was off work for a 30-45 days. ( So during this time we had no insurance).

We both will be here in the UK for 5 years this December.

SO WHATS THIS 90 DAYS RULE SOME ONE MENTIONED IN THIS FORM?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 pm

90 days rule (or 3 months to be precise) means that for the first 3 months, the EEA national has the right to reside in a member state without any conditions. After 3 months, he needs to exercise treaty rights.
So you are fine for not having CSI for December 2006. You are also OK for January 2008 as your wife was a job seeker (no CSI is required).
As advised before, your wife can apply for PR in Dec 2011.

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Jambo wrote:90 days rule (or 3 months to be precise) means that for the first 3 months, the EEA national has the right to reside in a member state without any conditions. After 3 months, he needs to exercise treaty rights.
So you are fine for not having CSI for December 2006. You are also OK for January 2008 as your wife was a job seeker (no CSI is required).
As advised before, your wife can apply for PR in Dec 2011.
go for it in December.
my wife arrived 18 August, she start work in September, we will submit form in August.
not everyone goes to work strait from the airport :)

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 am

dear all,

I am really thankful to all of you who wrote back for your precious help.

I ambit relived with the 90 days thing and also today i checked the papers of our work and when we relocated my wife found a self employment work on 8th may means after 30 days she was relocated. so i can search if i have so emails looking for work at that period.

Thanks everyone again.

regards