ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Accommodation: Can I use a temporary hotel address?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pompeyboy

Post by pompeyboy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 am

Casa wrote:You may want to check this thread out following the US member's spouse visa refusal today on financial grounds,
It supports my belief that contrary what the Regulations appear to imply, potential employment for the foreign national spouse is disregarded unless a formal offer of employment is submitted with the application.
Have a read through the refusal. Parents-in-law were offering free accommodation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=84733
I read the answer from the ECO. She provided no evidence that she had been looking for a job. We will provide evidence. They had 11.00 GBP in the bank? We now have 6500 GBP after we pay for our Visa applications. I will be starting a job the week after we arrive and our accommodation is taken care of. If my wife does not get a job at all, we will be above the requirement. At this point I can't see it being refused as we have all the bases covered the best we can. If we get refused, we get refused. There's nothing more I can do.

As someone said to me, get on with it. That's what we are doing and we are following the guidelines from the ECO. Thanks for everyone's help on here.