ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JennyK
Newly Registered

Post by JennyK » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If I were you, I would make sure you spend less than 2 years away from the UK in order to retain your PR.
I definitely do not want to loose my PR which means I have until 30 Jan 2012 to get back to London! I am going to reapply immediately and forget the appeal.

You mentioned before that I should not give any details on our savings but surely that can only go in our favour if I prove that we have sufficient funds to initially support ourselves? They also mention on the supporting documents section that we should provide evidence of savings....
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I personally would also tend to complain very loudly. They mishandled your initial application and unless you complain, NOBODY will know about it. You do not need to do it now, but please please do it eventually! http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... acomplaint
I will most definitely be complaining...like you said it's important for errors like this to be brought to their attention.

Would you be able to help me with a covering letter for the next application please? I am not sure how to put all the information you have provided me with into a letter for the UK Border Agency and I really want to get it right.

Thanks again for your help!

JennyK
Newly Registered

Re: Suggestion

Post by JennyK » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:48 pm

EU_lawyer wrote:@JennyKI would suggest you contact Your Europe Advice as they'll be able to advise you on your various options.
Thanks for this. I emailed Your Europe Advice and they were very helpful. They advised me to reapply and not appeal and they confirmed that I do not need to have the original documentation...I just need to submit the previous application reference number and list the documents that were not returned.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 pm

JennyK wrote:Thanks for this. I emailed Your Europe Advice and they were very helpful. They advised me to reapply and not appeal and they confirmed that I do not need to have the original documentation...I just need to submit the previous application reference number and list the documents that were not returned.
I totally agree with this, though I would include an explicit list of all the documents already submitted and photocopies of your photocopies.

EU_lawyer
Newly Registered

Post by EU_lawyer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 pm

JennyK wrote:
EU_lawyer wrote:@JennyKI would suggest you contact Your Europe Advice as they'll be able to advise you on your various options.
Thanks for this. I emailed Your Europe Advice and they were very helpful. They advised me to reapply and not appeal and they confirmed that I do not need to have the original documentation...I just need to submit the previous application reference number and list the documents that were not returned.
Good luck! Do keep us posted on how things go.

venusz79
Newly Registered

Urgent information needed EEA and none EEA ciziten

Post by venusz79 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am

Hi everyone! im new in here, but i hope someone can help me. i need to clarify an information that i found on EEA FP website.

Well, im EEA national (Slovakia) my husband is Turkish (non EEA). we got married this year in July in Turkey. Our marridge certificate has been appostolised, so it is accepted in 7 countries. My husband is still in Turkey. Im living and working in UK 7years now. We are going back to my country to visit my family in October.

The question is: CAN MY HUSBAND TRAVEL WITH ME FROM SVK TO UK?

as i said, i saw on EEA FP website, that if an EEA citizen exercising her/his treaty rights in UK, that a none EEA citizen can travel with her/him and can enter UK without EEA FP application, however he will have to apply within one month for the EEA FC once he will be in UK.

Is this right? we really need to know. I will take my work contract, payslip, bill and also i have managed to find a flat for us, so i have our tenancy agreement as well.

Please can someone tell me is this is true? apparently if i would be British, he will not be able to do this. but as im EEA citizen I can accompanied him when he is travelling.

we tried UK embassy to get information, and the website as well, but they are useless...

I would appreciate your help as we are traveling to SVK on th 19th. He is coming from Turkey and i will be flying from London.

MAny thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Just curious...

Did you provide any evidence with the EEA FP application about what you or your husband are presently doing for work or about your savings?

Also did you get back all of your supporting documentation?

I.G.G
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Query

Post by I.G.G » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:24 am

Hi everyone,

Please I need your light up
My husband and I knew each other for 3 year now and got married recently in Sept 2014
He live in Ivory Coast works there full time with no saving and will be applying for the EEA family permet soon to join me. We have put together all together

1- Do all documents (ALL) needs to translated in English
2- I work part time receive £800 and end up with £300 after expenses. With no saving. Will I meet the financial requirements?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit Query

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I.G.G wrote:My husband and I knew each other for 3 year now and got married recently in Sept 2014
He live in Ivory Coast works there full time with no saving and will be applying for the EEA family permet soon to join me. We have put together all together

1- Do all documents (ALL) needs to translated in English
2- I work part time receive £800 and end up with £300 after expenses. With no saving. Will I meet the financial requirements?
What financial requirements are you referring to?
What is your citizenship? What are you doing presently in the UK?