ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for PR if I marry an EEA who is eligible to PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 pm

mcovet wrote:if her country of origin allows dual citizenship, she is still an EEA national. If not, then she loses her original nationality and becomes british, then you may not use the route anymore. Therefore, find out if she is allowed dual citizenship and if not, wait until YOU get PR.

reda wrote:
Greenie wrote:she can apply for citizenship once she has had ILR for one year, and providing she meets the other standard requirements.

Waiting to marry and apply for the visa after she gets citizenship will just delay the process for you for another year - it is the same application for you regardless of whether she has PR or is a British Citizen. Once she has acquired permanent residence you can apply for leave to remain as her spouse, you do not need to wait for her to be British.
hi,i wondering if your wife(eea) get her british citizen before you get your permanent residente do you still familly of eea than u can use eea4 application or not ?.
actually it's my EX(polish citizen) and i already retain my right of residence from HO,
3 months later she going to apply for BC and i going to apply after her(6months time) for PR
does change some thing she apply before me or not?

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=wait
Read this topic and links.

I have quite similar question, but if you can prove that you have been living together for 5 years, you have some chances, if not, sorry you have to wait.

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 pm

When you have lived here for a continuous period of 5 years with the EEA or Swiss national (who must have been in employment, self-employment, studying or self-sufficient in the UK throughout the 5 years), you can apply for confirmation of your right to permanent residence in the UK.

They do not say YOU HAVE BEEN MARRIED for a 5 years, so you have some chance, even you have not been married for 5 years.