ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Income based?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euftw
Newly Registered

Post by euftw » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Why should I have any government dictate a timeframe within which I should find a job when I decide to live off my own savings?
What if I choose to take a few months vacation first? Acclimatise...spend time with my family.
The way things are set up forces people into a certain lifestyle....I think that's very wrong about the system. We will not live of social services, so I don't see anything wrong with not working in the beginning.
Don't you agree?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Sounds fine with me! If you have the savings to do that, then by all means do so.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:46 pm

euftw wrote:Why should I have any government dictate a timeframe within which I should find a job when I decide to live off my own savings?
What if I choose to take a few months vacation first? Acclimatise...spend time with my family.
The way things are set up forces people into a certain lifestyle....I think that's very wrong about the system. We will not live of social services, so I don't see anything wrong with not working in the beginning.
Don't you agree?
no one is forcing you to do anything. The EU directive is very flexible on the ways to exercise treaty rights. It's you who decided that being a job seeker is the easiest way.

euftw
Newly Registered

Post by euftw » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:52 pm

haha....good 1 Jambo :lol:

anyway, I will report back how it went...so others may benefit from our experience.