ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benefit?????

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

John wrote:
our current leave does not restrict us from claiming any benefits or public funds
So just to make it totally clear, you are saying that the current visas do not have a "No recourse to Public Funds" condition?

If such an endorsement is missing, then there is clearly not a problem claiming the benefits that you mention.

I am not going to speculate about a future visa. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.
----------------------------
Thanks for making things clearer for me.. i guess have to cross this bridge with only two applicant will not be that risky compared we had to apply for whole family of four in the past.

Regards

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am

Greenie wrote:There is on such thing as a dependent of DL. Switching on FLR(M) would be a waste of money and would mean she would have to wait a further 5 years for ilr (and have to make another application for limited leave in 2.5 years time.

As far as your son in concerned, yes you can register him as British once you have ilr.
---------------------
thanks .. may be cos DL is outside rules..
so this time just had to apply for my wife and daughter for DL and i guess they dont require any financial maintenance requirement along with english or life in the UK for this (esp for my wife).. kids are exempt for that.
once again thanks for your guidance.

regards.