ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or Extension, Speeding conviction International Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rushabhjvora

Post by rushabhjvora » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Sarath, your case seems to be straight
Forward as no court is involved - Acc to md it's not a criminal conviction . Just go through other pages of this forum and u'll get an idea.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 am

no need to declare PCN( Penaltiy charge notices) and if you paid the fine within time in the application as these are not criminal convictions

normal_human
Newly Registered

Post by normal_human » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:34 am

ilrdec11 wrote:I have sent an email long time back explaining the same ( ie clear CRB but having court fine). He said its upto caseworker how they handle the case.Couple of people with like these convictions got ILR approved in CRYODON PEO.
What are your plans are you going to apply for Settlement or Extension?
If you are going to apply for settlement will you answer yes or no to unspent convictions question? And mention this court fine in your notes?

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 am

I will tick YES and mention the offence(court fine) in the application form and mention that I don't have any unspent convictions according to the disclosure Scotland CRB

normal_human
Newly Registered

Post by normal_human » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 pm

ilrdec11 wrote:I will tick YES and mention the offence(court fine) in the application form and mention that I don't have any unspent convictions according to the disclosure Scotland CRB
And you will apply for Settlement with yes on the form?

rushabhjvora

Post by rushabhjvora » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Best luck mate,

Things are very confusing - ILR should have a standard set of rules and should not be dependent on case workers.

Technically, a fine from court will be spent after 5 years. Now if there are different categories of fine (i.e. driving on international licence, getting fine from court is OK) should be mentioned somewhere in UKBA website. Today I called to a solicitor as I have got a fine from HMCS for not paying road tax in 2007 and I was advised not to take a risk. But you never know.... for me its matter of 1500GBP and extra wait for 3 months, so I m thinking for extending the visa. Initially I was planning to apply in August 2012 but now will apply after 16th Nov 2012.

Let me know how it goes....