ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = HSMP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nandha72
Newly Registered

Post by nandha72 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:35 am

To apply for dependant VISA in India, All you need is 6month's Bank statement, 6 months Pay Slip, Letter from you employer and Mortgage statement or Letter from the home owner.
You also need original full Birth Certificate of your son or daughter and copy of your passport showing your VISA Status.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:04 am

If the child is entitled to a british passport then that is the easiest route, trying to get an indian passport for my baby seemed a nightmare for me as nearly everyone I spoke to said why was I botheringtrying to get an indian passport when everyone is trying to get a british passport:D. I think it would be impossible to get an indian passport in any case as the birth certificate states our baby as British since I am british so the indian passport authority would reject it anyway i think. I just thought It would avoid having to apply for a visa everytime we wanted to go on holiday to india, but this OCI has come along now so that problem is solved :)

new2board
Newly Registered

Post by new2board » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:05 pm

hi everyone,

just want to share our experience with you all. our baby got the visa without any problems in India. we were bit worried but we saved some money by not applying from within uk.

Nobody asked for his visa when leaving uk or entering in India.

Also in India the only original document they asked for is baby birth certificate. Other than that we attached all photocopies

- last six months salary slips
- last six months bank statement
- copy of our passports
- hsmp approval letter
- our house rent aggrement (though it was not required)

it took less than a week to get his passport back.

hope it helps you guys.

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Could you please tell me how much is the fee in India for getting baby's Dependent visa stamping?

dwaipayan
Newly Registered

Post by dwaipayan » Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 am

Well as far as I know the cost would be around Rs 8500 for a baby .

My wife is travelling with our 3 mth baby soon . Both of them have an Indian passport and my wife is on Work Permit visa. My daughter was born here and has a british birth certificate but an Indian passport with no dependant visa stamped yet.

Will she have any problems in taking our baby to India as we have not got her passport stamped with an UK dependant visa ?

Both of them intend to come back after 3 mths and thus we plan to get the dependant visa stamped in India which is of course cheaper as well .

My question is while leaving UK or entering India will she or our baby face any problems .