ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thread to track HSMP applications from U.S.A

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:20 pm

-- Couple of bank statements showing the direct deposit of salary twice a month
Oh so you have sent only couple of bank statements. I have all but for last 12 months but few missing. How many months, if I may ask?

It would be really nice to hear from someone who already got the HSMP approved or someone who knows if the paystubs have to be a colored letter head.

I'm really worried about that part even though I've got them all stamped by employer but being not colored, they *look* like copies (THEY ARE NOT).

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 pm

I have only send two bank statement as I don't have any others, I have clearly mentioned in my letter that the bank statements are an additional evidence on top of the other documents supplied, I have provided minimum evidence in form of Paystubs printed on official company stationary, W2 statement and a letter from HR showing break down of the salary for last 12 months.

Hope that helps

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:50 pm

In my case, I submitted the following:

- W2
- Letter of employer stating the current salary
- 12 months bank statements, with the payroll deposit highlighted.

My paystub are all in electronic format, so I just forego that since if print it, it may not look "official" enough.

The payroll deposit entries actually shows the company name and my name, so I sent the 12 months statements instead.

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Thanks, pateketu and lanwarrior!

I am still not sure about few of my bank statements being printed and how that might be looked upon.

One more thing, did you write a cover letter for each section or just a general cover letter stating all you are sending? Cover letter for a chances of employment and other details there or just fill the section space provided in the HSMP form?

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:23 pm

I wrote a cover letter for each section and giving extra explanation as needed for documents provided.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:49 pm

You know, I wish that the HSMP Office will give some guidance on certain electronic documents, since these are becoming more prevalent nowadays, especially in US.

I am in the Risk Management business and almost 90% of my clients use electronic paystub since the employees are paid using direct deposit. Also getting the employer to sign the printed pay stubs is almost a no-no since the employer will ask many question and I am sure many people doesn't want to say "Oh, I am quitting the company but for now just waiting for my HSMP visa, thus I need you to sign these paystubs"

Just ranting.. :)

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:43 am

So I called the HSMP office to check my reference number since it's been a week now and my CC has been charged. It took about 15 minutes on hold and when the operator finally answered, he said he couldn't find my information on the screen (!). I was scared s**t, thinking all of my documents were lost! I gave him my last name, DOB, and finally he asked for the DHL tracking number.

After about another 5 minutes on hold, he FINALLY got me my reference number.

JUST TO CHECK: the reference number format is:
- Start with "HS"
- Have 10 digits
Is this correct?

So my timeline now is:
07/31/06: DHL delivered package
08/01/06: CC charged
08/09/06: Called HSMP at +441142074074 and given REF#

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:30 pm

lanwarrior,

Did you also write cover letter for each section? Also, how descriptive did you go in each of the letters?

I know quite naive questions but who wants to take a chance in this. :?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:15 am

windmill wrote:lanwarrior,

Did you also write cover letter for each section? Also, how descriptive did you go in each of the letters?

I know quite naive questions but who wants to take a chance in this. :?
I did write a cover letter for each section, attached to the evidence itself. I separated all the evidences by section according to the HSMP Application form.

I put very decriptive information, even provide a summary of WHAT the caseworker SHOULD look at in each evidence that will tie back to the requirement.

I.e. for the bank statement, I highlighted the deposit made by my company and in the cover letter I provide statement for the Caseworker to look at the highlighted entries in the "Deposit Section".

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 am

I called the work permit office and my case has not yet been assigned to a case worker despite the urgent request form. :cry:

The guy told me that the whole process takes 5 weeks even if I send in an urgent treatment form. I hope I get approved and I hope I get approved fast! I have tickets for Europe for the beginning of September. I am praying hard!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:08 am

I called HO and finally given the Ref. (NOT the CC ref.# as mentioned above).

So my timeline now is:

07/31: application received
08/01: credit card charged
08/09: received credit card ref. # (not HSMP ref#)
09/15: received application ref. #

The lady I spoke to said that the case has been assigned to a case worker.

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Any of the under 28 applicants from the US: Where did you guys get your passport notarized from?

I just went to a notary and I was told that they cannot notarize govt issued documents (CA state law and all) unless I put a statement on it that its a true copy of the originial and then can stamp and notarize it ..

I can do that no problem but will it be the same as they putting the statement down?

Anyone else had to get it done? If yes, how did you guys do it?

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:13 am

I went to a FirstTech Credit Union, there stamp only siad that the document is a true copy ofthe original copy

I think most of western union and banks have notarizing facility

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 am

Windmill,

I got my passport notarized in California too. They make you sign a statement saying that it's a true copy, and then they stamp it and sign it. So it's still officially notarized. I got mine done at a UPS store.

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Thanks pateketu and giblet!

I went a UPS store as well and they said the same thing. I was just worried if making that statement on your own would make any difference or not.

Seems like it might not.

My employer is such a dummy. They wont give me my job description on an official letterhead. They are willing to stamp my job description on their template form and attach a cover letter with it but wont put those words on letterhead. Its worrying me a bit but I dont think I can do anything more.

They simply say let them contact us if they have any concerns (HR knows its for the UK). :?

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:59 pm

I don't think your signed statement makes any difference, but the stamp and their signature is what officially notarizes it. So don't worry about that part.

Is there any way you can get letterhead on your own? We have stacks sitting around my office.

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:47 pm

Thanks giblet!

I've got them floating around in the office as well - loads of em. But a bit worried to use them - even though it will be verbatim of what they provided, I can't sign them (sure I can attach it with my reference letter which says,"please see the attached detailed job descriptions").

So thinking shall I still attach them (without signature)?? :?

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:08 pm

I don't think there is anything dishonest about printing it on letterhead and submitting it without a signature. It's really just a supplement for the other stuff.

I'm thinking about doing the same, I have a job description printed off my company's website, but maybe putting it on letterhead is more 'official.'

I'm definitely sending too much, and over-proving every point. I know it will make my processing take longer, but I think better safe than sorry. The fact that you can't submit any new info for a review makes me want to submit everything possible the first time.

Are you a US citizen? When do you expect to have your application finished?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:21 pm

You guys are making me worried now! :lol: I submitted the following for proof of income:

1) W2 (printed)
2) LEtter of employment stating salary (original)
3) Bank statement for 12 months (printed)

I did NOT submit my payroll slip.

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:51 am

I'm thinking about doing the same, I have a job description printed off my company's website, but maybe putting it on letterhead is more 'official.'
It is very important to have the experience letter on the original company letter-head without which you are unlikely to be awarded points in this section.
I'm definitely sending too much, and over-proving every point.
There is definitely no question of over-proving if your letter is on company letter-head. As a matter of fact, you would be doing a disservice to yourself by not having the experience letter on company headed paper.

I would suggest to take some time off, think of some way to convince your employer to issue the appropriate letter in the desired format on the letter-head. After all, it is definitely an expensive proposition, this HSMP, with all application fees, EC fees, and the processing time that it takes up.

regards

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am

I actually have a letter that is on company letterhead. However, I wanted to print out the job description from my company's website, and this is what I was thinking about printing on letterhead.

I'm not even sure if I need the second document, and this is what I meant by over-proving!

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:58 am

Same here. I already have a letter on the official letter head and the job description (stamped) on the templates which they use always.

In fact, I even have a letter stating that its their policy not to give job descriptions on letterhead so this should be considered equivalent to original and regarded as true. In case of question contact them.

But, now I'm thinking to print the same on letterhead too and attach them alongwith anyway.

giblet, I'm not a US citizen. I think I'm almost done with my documents so hopefully by the end of this week I should be able to put em all together and beginning next week send em out.

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:00 am

oh and lanwarrior, we are discussing the job description and employer reference, not the proof of income. I guess you should be fine with what you've sent <fingers crossed> :D

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:43 am

Oh my bad! :lol:

I got employer references for all of my past 4 employers and the current one. All are printed on company's letter head and signed by my Managers.

In each letter, I didn't put the job description, but I write my job responsibilities, those that commensurate with the job descriptions and what exactly I've done. I then brought the letters to each Manager, ahve them read it, and sign. Worked like a charm...

:lol:

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:47 pm

Hi all!

I just got an email from HO about DHL courier pickup and I was notified that my case has been APPROVED!

Timeline is:

07/31: app. received
08/01: CC charged
08/15: ref. given via phone
08/17: notified that case has been approved

All in all, it took 2 weeks from the day the app. is received to approval.

Now I am just waiting for the documents back and will be applying for EC.