ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP!! Need my wife here soon ....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tryafrica

Post by tryafrica » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:54 am

dear Kaya

she has the originals of all the documents and she will be dhling them, to be very frank with you, most of the immigration programmes on offer around he world are not known to the general public in this part of the world. she only got to know obout he programme in the uk.

i will give him the documents as presented to the HO, do they do this all the time or my case is a unique one.

thanks a million,

tryafrica

Post by tryafrica » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:23 am

Dear

While waiting for the dhld documents from my wife, my HSMP application got approved, whats the way forward.

Please help.

Tryafrica

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:40 am

Tough one - 1 minute no progress the next you got to decide :) . Afraid that this one is for you to sort out but think along the lines of:

HSMP pros

1. You've worked hard to get it and you deserve the status.

2. You enter the UK in a category leading to settlement on an 'independent basis'

3. Because of (2) your previous visa refusals are moot - unless there were issues around fraud but I'm sure there are none.

4. Immigration Rules allow amalgamation of time on HSMP with time as a principal applicant/ dependent in any other category leading to settlement - may be useful if renewal an issue.

HSMP Cons

1. You will have to pay a second EC fee.

2. HSMP visa valid for 1 year.

3. Self/ employment for renewal purposes must be in designated profession - fairly wide scope.

AV dependent pros

Pros

1. To validity of your wife's AV - max 4 years.

2. Open employment - no restrictions as to profession.

3. ECO appears to have made a decision to issue visa and just needs to affix it.

AV dependent cons

1. Category leading to settlement but on a dependents basis - as we have seen on the board relationships go sour (I wish you the best of course) and immigration dependency can be an issue.

2. From a practical point post UK entry you will need your spouses details - ppt to apply for National Insurance, registration with GP, visa appplications to other countries etc due to the dependent factor.

3. Some element of ECO subjectivity on dependence - not much though as you are married.

IMHO the HSMP just shades it. Note that whilst you may have two visas technically the last visa issued to you supercedes the previous one.

Best of luck.

tryafrica

Post by tryafrica » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:44 am

Thanks Kayalami

I thought i would inform the officer of the new developments on the day that i will be presenting the requested documents.

Will it be possible for me to withdraw my dependent application at this stage in favour of the hsmp, in light of its independence.

Out of interest though, what would have been the consequences if the av had been granted by 'mistake'.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:04 pm

tryafrica wrote:Will it be possible for me to withdraw my dependent application at this stage in favour of the hsmp, in light of its independence.
Best way is to tell ECO to grant you HSMP visa after which you will then withdraw the AV application. He should be happy with this.
tryafrica wrote:Out of interest though, what would have been the consequences if the av had been granted by 'mistake'.
Depends if a genuine HO mistake or based on fraudelent documentation/ misrepresentation. If the former then some form of discretionary leave may be granted if the latter they throw the book at you.

tryafrica

Post by tryafrica » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:10 am

Kayalami

Your word is very encouraging, i hope he will react in the most anticipated way.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed, i should have gone to meet the officer by now, but dhl delayed in picking up some of the documents from UK, am informed they will be getting here probably by thursday. So Friday morning,...the bell rings.

Thanks a lot

tryafrica

Post by tryafrica » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:34 pm

Colleagues :D

Got the EC, no questions just showed him the hsmp and asked to come and pickup my visa in an hour, very easy and relaxed the ECO was this time around.

Kayalami will be off next wednesday, must i bring some Zambezi for you.

Many thanks to you all for your support, i would not have done it all alone.

This is the best forum,

Regards

:wink:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:56 am

tryafrica wrote:Got the EC, no questions just showed him the hsmp and asked to come and pickup my visa in an hour, very easy and relaxed the ECO was this time around.
Congratulations on your achievement and perseverence - no hurry in Africa and all that. How did the AV thing go - presume you withdrew it post HSMP EC issuance?
tryafrica wrote:Kayalami will be off next wednesday, must i bring some Zambezi for you.
That would be nice thanks but don't feel obliged :lol:
tryafrica wrote:Many thanks to you all for your support, i would not have done it all alone.
Glad to have helped.
tryafrica wrote:This is the best forum,
Thanks for the heads up - please visit us regularly and update us on your UK entry for the benefit of others. Best wishes to you and mrs ta on your new life in the UK.

Warmest regards

Kayalami

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 am

I am moving to a 3 bed house soon and have a job that pays well.
Would you advice me to wait for some time ? What would be my chances if I apply now?
Does my being a HSMP candidate help me?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 am

Johnson02 wrote:I am moving to a 3 bed house soon and have a job that pays well.
Would you advice me to wait for some time ? What would be my chances if I apply now?
Does my being a HSMP candidate help me?
troll.