ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2, Unmarried, anyone got COA with the right to work?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA family permit VISA

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:24 pm

tearOne wrote:hi all,

please help me this serious issue suddenly destroyed my VISA

I am currently on Tier 1 VISA due for extension in next 30 days. I totally forgot to maintain funds in a personal account. There is strict requirement for Tier 1 extension to keep funds for 90 days only £800 but I forgot. Funds are maintained but in a business account and that will not be considered.

Now I am thinking I will get refused if I apply for extension due to maintenance funds issue which is very big issue.

What I am thinking to switch to EEA family permit. My GF is polish and we have a son. Can you please help if I can switch while I am in UK in next 30 days because we are not married yet. If yes then what is the right procedure for this? what form I should fill up, can I still be able to work or continue my job?

regards,

Jimi
How long have you been living together? The HO would normally expect 2 years as proof of unmarried couples. The application form to use is EEA2 and it takes several months for a decision to be made. As an unmarried partner you will not be allowed to work until a decision is made.

Also worth knowing is that you can't count time under tier-1 and EEA regulations for ILR. So if you switch, your clock for ILR/PR resets.