ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Back home - How to Check Tier2 Application Status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:04 pm

naz77 wrote:Hi, I just found out from home office that they the parcel has not left the building . they asked me to send the fax , i sent it . is there any way i can go to croydon directly to pick that up . will it work ? please advice
Ask HO if they allow you to get there for the parcel collection...

bandihareesh
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by bandihareesh » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm

joy123 wrote:You can't! These idiots on phone (Immigration Enquiry) won't give you a status update until it has been at least 6 months since your application was lodged.

You can however, speak to your local MP, explain him your situation and ask him to write to UKBA asking them to prioritise your case.

If you really absolutely need to go and haven't got a choice, then you can withdraw your application and get your passport back. But it has its own consequences.
Hi, I am in a situation where, the biometrics (for Tier 2 Visa extension) will be done on 21-Feb-2012, and hence the passports are expected to be received around 21or 22-Mar-2012. But, I have resigned for the current job in UK and moving out of UK. My last day with current employer is 16-march-2012 and would like to travel to my country on 17-Mar-2012. Can I ask for return (withdraw) of documents? If they return, say on 14th or 15th of March, Can I stay for 3-4 days, arrange for my travel and leave UK on 17-mar-2012? [ My earlier Visa got expired on 30-Jan-2012 and I have filed all the documents on 20-Jan-2012 itself with Home office]. While leaving UK, if immigration in airport were to check my documents, I can show them that I have actually filed before visa got expired and also gave biometrics and then withdrawn..this is to prove that I have not overstayed. Please guide; do you see any other problems?

gupta_ust

Re: Return of documents

Post by gupta_ust » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 am

bandihareesh wrote: While leaving UK, if immigration in airport were to check my documents, I can show them that I have actually filed before visa got expired and also gave biometrics and then withdrawn..this is to prove that I have not overstayed. Please guide; do you see any other problems?
There is no immigration check or stamping when you are leaving UK....