ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ombudsman

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Joejo wrote:"tier-1"Please keep us updated on this.

Yeah of course will post any up dates, as per now just had a few days preparing my statement as well as my family, sent them to my solicitor to look through. now my question is guys, after how long will i get to have a court date. Who reads through my statement?, is it the Judge as well the Homeoffice reps. anyone gone through the same process of ideas.
have you been given a right of appeal to the tribunal? surely your solicitor has advised you about this?

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

have you been given a right of appeal to the tribunal? surely your solicitor has advised you about this?
Yeah they have and yes my solicitors say we still in the 10 day time zone but i'm not sure of the duration the AIT fixes the hearing date. as i want to get updated letters of support by then.Do all parties read through the statements including the Judge.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:39 pm

hearings are usually listed within 4 weeks of the date you submit the appeal - but this depends on whether the tribunal dealing with your case has any backlogs etc.

any evidence you seek to rely on should be served on the tribunal and the UKBA at least 5 working days prior to the hearing. Your solicitor should be advising you of this.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi all,

My solicitors sumitted my appeal thats all they told me, however as mentioned above that hearings are listed with in 4weeks if no backlogs. assuming its the 4weeks, does the listing mean fixing a court hearing date. sorry i'm just slightly confused :? :? :?

Thanks

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Joejo wrote:Hi all,

My solicitors sumitted my appeal thats all they told me, however as mentioned above that hearings are listed with in 4weeks if no backlogs. assuming its the 4weeks, does the listing mean fixing a court hearing date. sorry i'm just slightly confused :? :? :?

Thanks
Hi guys

Thank God my appeal date came through today for end of next month its on ART8 grounds. i have collected most of my evidence from Family,church,doctors and close friends. i'm kindly asking boards members to suggest any ideas of what more i may need to prepare myself further or questions to expect from the Judge.i will be grateful for all ya help thanks

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi guys

I'm sure one or two people have gone to the first tier tribunal on this forum appealing an article 8 claim however i'm not asking much just sharing experience and ideas so as i may well prepare my self too.

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Joejo wrote:Hi guys

I'm sure one or two people have gone to the first tier tribunal on this forum appealing an article 8 claim however i'm not asking much just sharing experience and ideas so as i may well prepare my self too.

thanks
your solicitor should be preparing you for the hearing, and is in a much better position to do so since s/he has the benefit of being furnished with all of the circumstances of your case and the issues in dispute. There is no standard set of questions you will be asked and nor is there a standard list of documents you need to provide. It all depends on the case.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks Greenie, i just wanted to well prepare as this is more of a good short to sort things out,yeah the solicitors i sup will do but you know some of them just can't really be relied on., out of experince i prefer lots of research to be well informed so as i'm not caught unware without knoweldge of whats happening. But thanks again

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi guys

due for my appeal hearing next week on Article 8 grounds i have prepared and given all evidence in relation to the notice of decision from ukba. any last min advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi

well i hope this time someone might answer my query. i sent my bundles ready for the appeal next week but not recived the one from homeoffice though till now.is that a good thing on my side, what could i expect. or dont they have any defence regarding my case.

Someone please share

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm

again why isn't your solicitor advising you on this?

UKBA often don't comply with directions to file bundles, it doesn't mean that they have 'no defence' their 'defence' or argument is contained in your refusal letter. The UKBA bundle will usually include copies of the application(s) you have made relevent to the decision, copies of supporting documents and the refusal letter. If this information is not contained in your bundle then the tribunal may adjourn the hearing for the information to be served. If the information is contained in your bundle then the hearing will usually proceed. The fact that they haven't served a bundle is not any indication of the likelihood that your appeal will succeed.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Fri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm

"Greenie" again why isn't your solicitor advising you on this?

UKBA often don't comply with directions to file bundles, it doesn't mean that they have 'no defence' their 'defence' or argument is contained in your refusal letter. The UKBA bundle will usually include copies of the application(s) you have made relevent to the decision, copies of supporting documents and the refusal letter. If this information is not contained in your bundle then the tribunal may adjourn the hearing for the information to be served. If the information is contained in your bundle then the hearing will usually proceed. The fact that they haven't served a bundle is not any indication of the likelihood that your appeal will succeed.

Hi Greenie

Thanks for your time, no he did not but your explanation has made great sence to me now.yes its all contained in their notice of refusal.

thanks again

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 am

Hi guys

Me again went for my appeal hearing but homeoffice presenting officer didn't turn up, however my barrister advised that we request for an adjournment as the HO didn't consider in there notice of decision the interest of my daughter and nephew who are all british citizens. So Judge agreed as her decision would be appealed as she can't exercise discreation in Human right cases but can limit judgement to wether or not the HO decision was lawful. On that point of interest of children being noted she agreed to adjourn the appeal....,on grounds that the HO reconsider thier notice of decision in the best intrest of the children involved.So wat happens next :? :? :? :? my solicitor had a tantrum as to why the hearing didnt proceed on art 8 other other family members and friends, how long will the adjornment be for, will Ho change their minds after absonding and sort it out finally.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am

Hi
if a the AIT adjourns the appeal hearing so that the Home office may consider the intrest of children in their decision. How long are they given or how long does the whole process take.

Thanks

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi guys
The HO has decided to reconsider my case now, does anyone know what the process is or how long they are given.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi guys

My appeal was allowed on the 13th June 2012 to the extent that its remitted to the Secretary of State for futher consideration under Section 55. Anyone who has been through the same or with Knowledge about this please share. I'll be so grateful The HO have 5days to Appeal. If the HO don't appeal does that mean that i will be granted leave.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey Fellas

As my previous post states, I won my appeal nearly five weeks now HO didn't challenge the Judges decision. I have not heard anything from them but rang the HOPO unit two days ago. They said that when they recieved my file from SAT it was processed and sent on the 5th last week to a particular person of BGL & S local immigrtion team they don't know how long or what the next teams time scale is to work on it.

Well people i hope some persons would kindly share and give me a time line as of there experience of allowed appeals and process in the UK. I will be very grateful.

Thanks

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Joejo

Sorry i have no idea about appeal times but been following your posts
congrats...fingers crossed u get through okay... good luck...

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 am

chweetgurl Hi Joejo

Sorry i have no idea about appeal times but been following your posts
congrats...fingers crossed u get through okay... good luck...

Hi chweetgurl

Thanks for the congrats will try to push as i wait for whats goin on wit em', i hope someone out there could have an idea to share. what about you have you made any progress.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:00 am

Hi guys

me again..., well after my appeal being allowed not heard a twich from the HO, its now 9weeks. I rang em and they say that my file has been sent to the appropriate team however they can't tell me who they are, solicitors wrote to em after 1month with no response. Got the Ombudsman to chase em so yesterday she rang me saying that UKBA have replied to her saying that they will conclude my case by Mid Oct 2012 with no specified date i'm wondering could they be telling fibbs again most of all to the Ombudsman.

Ket

Post by Ket » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey Joejo. I won my appeal in January 2012 and still waiting for UKBA to process my visas. I am soo frustated.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:12 am

Hey Ket

did you try Ombudsman or MP,It worked for me before i went to court. Most people suggest that.so whats ya position.

Ket

Post by Ket » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Hey Joejo, my Mp did get in touch with UKBA. UKBA advised that they working on my case and visas will be issued in the next 2 months. I am still concerned as i do not know how much true that can be.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 am

Hey Ket

if you did get a response thru ya MP thats gr8 but am in the same dilemma of not knowing when other than waiting its so frustrating and painful but lets hang in there. They advised on my side as well that they will conclude my case by mid Oct. When are ya 2months ment to be up.

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Joejo wrote:Hey Ket

if you did get a response thru ya MP thats gr8 but am in the same dilemma of not knowing when other than waiting its so frustrating and painful but lets hang in there. They advised on my side as well that they will conclude my case by mid Oct. When are ya 2months ment to be up.
Hello Joejo
I have been following your posts. I am very delighted that you won your case. Hopefully you ll recieve good news.
I have also been waiting for 6.5 months for home office to rectify their mistak. I am very frustrated too.
I came to UK in 2005 as a student. got married to my boyfreind on 2009 and applied for spouce visa in 2010, after 5 months they issued me one, but unfortunaly the wrong stamp. I didnt notice it because nothing were written on the stamp. I also went outside the country 3 time and came back, even border agency didnt told me anything.
So I lived my life 2 years knowing that I have got the spouce visa. After finishing the probationary period I went to public enquery office to apply in person for my Indefinite Leave to Remain. That day was the worst day of my life :cry: They told me I have not been granted a spouce visa and refused the application. They asked me to send it by post and told me this is very complicated :shock: I did. Still no news!!

I am living in fear not knowing what will happen!! i found this really unfair that I have to pay for their mistake.

Your posts help me to know the procedure. I decided to wait for another two weeks and then send a complain to UKBA and also MP!