ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Application - past status dilemma

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 am

As long as you prove that you are in a genuine and legal marriage then it doesnt matter how long you were engaged for prior to that. I know of people who have made successful applications and only met days before the wedding, and admitted that they had arranged marriages on the application form.

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 pm

Hi,

Just wondered how everyone is getting on? Any progress being made? I contacted the British Embassy in Pakistan a few days ago to ask if there was any chance that my husbands case could be brought forward as the current waiting time is 12 weeks for assessing spouse visas (could be longer if the applicant has to be interviewed/enquires to be made) and I am due to give birth early December. As this is my first baby, naturually I want to have my husband with me for support and he would be able to share such a wonderful experience. The embassy replied by email with a big fat NO stating that pregnancy was not a priority and that the only reason they would consider bringing his case forward was if I had a medical condition.

I am depressed at the moment. I am due to give birth soon, and I keep thinking "what if my husband never gets the chance to come back". I can't face being a single mum. I am also still young and would love the chance to have more children. I feel that my life is ruined. I guess all I can do now is wait...[/list]

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:57 pm

Try to be positive rainbow......you never know it might actually be processed sooner than the 12 weeks (which i can say now that my husbands application was processed in 9 weeks from Islamabad).

I'm sure you have a strong family network who can support you when you give birth, I know it's not the same as having your husband be here but just bear in mind that he will be here soon inshahallah.

I assume you're too far into your pregnancy to even think about maybe going to pakistan and giving birth.....private healthcare there is better than over here so there's nothing to worry about. Or maybe you can go when the baby arrives instead?

I hope it all turns out for the best :)

rainbow24

hi

Post by rainbow24 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Hi Sunnydayz

Just looking back over all the messages posted here and I wondered how you are getting on with the appeal process? I wish you all the very best.

I should hear from Islamabad in February 07 Insha Allah but they said it may take longer if they need to interview my partner.

One question I would like to ask you. At the interview did the ECO ask questions such as "Why did you enter the UK" and "where did you stay while you were in the UK" etc. Did they want to find out all the details of your partners stay in UK and if she worked etc? If my partner was to tell them that he worked whilst living here illegally, would this affect the case?

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:41 pm

I am also looking to hear from Pakistan Embassy in February 2007 for my husband's spouse visa, im actually really nervous coz i know the decision can be turned either way, its really hard collating all the evidence together for the visa application but WAITING for the news is the worst part!

rainbow24

Good luck

Post by rainbow24 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:12 pm

The Confused One

Good luck! I agree it is really hard collating all the evidence together for the spouse visa. It has given me a real headache and sometimes you just feel so depressed with it all.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and I hope your husband gets the chance to come back and join you in the UK.