ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension ILR 5 year Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks for your quick response Sir. I would be happy to go futher as you said.

Apart from this, i was thinking whether i can qualify for the following,
[1] I worked as a limited company and i been away from the country during the 3rd year of my 5 year's.
[2] As a limited company i was insearch of Clients. And because of this i left the country to client place's to talk about the extension of contracts with us. But it was turned down. For this, i been away from the country for 86 days. I had been with three clients and everything turned down for other reasons. And along with this i have visited my parents for a week or so as they are based in the same country.
[3] Now my limited company has been dissolved, as everything went into loses. How can i show that i was under business trip?
[4] Can the employer letter stating that i was under business trip would be sufficient during that period? or do i need to show anymore evidence? do i need to submit the bank statements for those periods when i been out of the country. I had no invoices done to my business account during that 86 days period as the contracts turned down. But everything done as a business purpose looking for clients and i been away from the country.
[5] Before this 86 day period trip,the business is running actively with all the invoice transactions into my business accounts.
[6] I contacted the bank and they said my business account has been closed and it's too old to access the statements though.

I tried to keep as much information as possible to clearly understand.

Please help me, if i can qualify for the above as i can straight away apply for ILR instead of going for Extension again.

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 am

Hi Seniours,

Need some information regarding 180 days rule.

Does this rule mean that Applicant can be out of country for 180 days while remain un-employed.

If the applicant is fully employed, and is on holidays or working in some other country for short regular intervals, then under this case, does the 180 days rule apply. For example, the applicant spends 1 month working in Sweden while 1 month on holidays in 2009. Then 1 month wokring in India while 1 month holidays in India, immediately after the work in India.

Please help in this regard.

Cheers
M

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:11 am

hsmp1412 wrote:I thought the 90 days after the visa start date rule was only for T2 applicants and not T1. Am i right?
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

180 days criteria

Post by spybadshah » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I am on tier - 1 (general) visa due for extension in Aug 2012 for 2 years to make 5 years in Aug 2014. I recently came to know about this 180 days criteria from my friend and hence got a bit worried since I have away for over 130 days until now.

All my holidays were paid holidays and I have never been unemployed. I was wondering if I need to worry about this 180 days as I get about 5-6 weeks holidays from work each year and hence I travel abroad. Can someone guide me on this and if I need to provide evidence of being employed during my holidays what paperwork would help.

Let me know if going over 180 days will make things complicated, then I might try to keep my visits down and get chilled in this cold British weather.

Thanks Mate

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: 180 days criteria

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:38 pm

spybadshah wrote:Hi All,

I am on tier - 1 (general) visa due for extension in Aug 2012 for 2 years to make 5 years in Aug 2014. I recently came to know about this 180 days criteria from my friend and hence got a bit worried since I have away for over 130 days until now.

All my holidays were paid holidays and I have never been unemployed. I was wondering if I need to worry about this 180 days as I get about 5-6 weeks holidays from work each year and hence I travel abroad. Can someone guide me on this and if I need to provide evidence of being employed during my holidays what paperwork would help.

Let me know if going over 180 days will make things complicated, then I might try to keep my visits down and get chilled in this cold British weather.

Thanks Mate
Count all holidays start - end dates. The total should not be more than 180 in 5 yrs. In addition to this, you should not have a continuous 90 day leave period. If you meet the 2 conditions mentioned, you should be okay.
Give me more Karma (+)

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Please assist me for my above message !!

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 am

nani_varaprasad wrote:Thanks for your quick response Sir. I would be happy to go futher as you said.

Apart from this, i was thinking whether i can qualify for the following,
[1] I worked as a limited company and i been away from the country during the 3rd year of my 5 year's.
[2] As a limited company i was insearch of Clients. And because of this i left the country to client place's to talk about the extension of contracts with us. But it was turned down. For this, i been away from the country for 86 days. I had been with three clients and everything turned down for other reasons. And along with this i have visited my parents for a week or so as they are based in the same country.
[3] Now my limited company has been dissolved, as everything went into loses. How can i show that i was under business trip?
[4] Can the employer letter stating that i was under business trip would be sufficient during that period? or do i need to show anymore evidence? do i need to submit the bank statements for those periods when i been out of the country. I had no invoices done to my business account during that 86 days period as the contracts turned down. But everything done as a business purpose looking for clients and i been away from the country.
[5] Before this 86 day period trip,the business is running actively with all the invoice transactions into my business accounts.
[6] I contacted the bank and they said my business account has been closed and it's too old to access the statements though.

I tried to keep as much information as possible to clearly understand.

Please help me, if i can qualify for the above as i can straight away apply for ILR instead of going for Extension again.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Hi Experts,

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

HI,

Can any of the experts help me with the above query please. Thanks.

zwadi

5 years ILR or 2nd Extensions

Post by zwadi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Hello Guys,

I am really after some help and would really appreciate your reply.

Can I get ILR or need to take 2nd extension for just 1 month?

Please see the following dates:

Got visa on 15 April 2009.
Came to UK on 6th August 2009
Got first extension on 21 May 2012
Visa is getting Expired on 19 May 2014

I came to UK after 3 months and 20 days since visa stamped date but I got the passport from embassy on 8th May 2009 as nearly one month lapsed during processing.

In short , now I am falling short of 2 months and 15 days in 5 years threshold.

Can you please advise if I can apply for ILR ? if yes then any link would be helpful to support my case or any reliable solicitor?

I know it is bit early to ask it but I got to plan my holidays and want to come out of this dilemma.

Thanks

ZA
zwadi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 am

zwadi, are you also zabadeen?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:03 pm

HI Vinny,

Yeah that's me ...I lost my other accounts details.

Sorry for any confusion but i met couple of friends last week and they were quite sure that i can apply for ILR..

So i thought it is worth checking here.

Thanks

ZA
zwadi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:07 pm

zabadeen will be made inactive, please do not create multiple accounts again otherwise you'll face being banned.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:10 pm

yeah sure, i m not going to use that account as it is inactive at the moment.

so from now on i will be using zwadi.

thanks for your guide.
zwadi