ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What salary components are considered

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alifaroo

Post by alifaroo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 am

AccountantMatthew wrote:AMAPs are only relevant to employment alifaroo (so if you have worked for someone or if you are the director/employee of a company you own) or if you were in self employment (so sole trader/partner) but were under the VAT registration threshold.

If you are a sole trader and above the VAT registration threshold then you will claim the business proportion of your motor expenses as a business expense.

This article is useful - please note that the VAT registration threshold is now £77k (2012-13) and this is also a third party website to which I have no affiliation with whatsoever, it's just a useful article:

http://www.freeagent.com/central/motor- ... d-partners
cheers

pg.london
Newly Registered

Post by pg.london » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

Thank you guys for your inputs..

Good news from my side.. I have got My Visa extended for 3 years...The case worker considered the gross figure (having both taxable component and non taxable dispensation expense component) on my salary slips and she also matched the net salary figures against bank statement salary credit entries. she was not keen of knowing whether I paid tax or not.

regards
PG.london