ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28th March PEO Croydon - IT Issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Sufi2 wrote:Pls can we have people's timelines of hearing from Croydon PEO - was at Croydon today and not even called to counter after everyone was almost gone i went to ask they said 'did you give us your documents?' I was shocked, of course I had I They hunted for file then said we cannot proceed as system is down will call you next week. After paying a hefty sum! I plan to complain after I hear the outcome of my application. Can somebody post address to claim refund? Application now being treated as postal.

Pls post as soon as you hear from Croydon
I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences too. Did they tell you they were now treating it as a postal application? They told us they would call next week and on their website it states that if they can't decide an application on the day they will decide it on the next working day or as soon as possible thereafter. This doesn't make it sound like they'll all be treated as postal applications now

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 am

Patagonian wrote:
Sufi2 wrote:Pls can we have people's timelines of hearing from Croydon PEO - was at Croydon today and not even called to counter after everyone was almost gone i went to ask they said 'did you give us your documents?' I was shocked, of course I had I They hunted for file then said we cannot proceed as system is down will call you next week. After paying a hefty sum! I plan to complain after I hear the outcome of my application. Can somebody post address to claim refund? Application now being treated as postal.

I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences too. Did they tell you they were now treating it as a postal application? They told us they would call next week and on their website it states that if they can't decide an application on the day they will decide it on the next working day or as soon as possible thereafter. This doesn't make it sound like they'll all be treated as postal applications now
is this 'further checks' limited to WP->HSMP->Tier1->ILR or WP->Tier1->ILR route only? trying to establish a pattern...

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 am

harshil223 wrote:is this 'further checks' limited to WP->HSMP->Tier1->ILR or WP->Tier1->ILR route only? trying to establish a pattern...
Not quite sure I understand your question. The sole reason they could not process our application yesterday was due to IT issues - the link that checks the fingerprints on the various government databases was down and they cannot process any applications without this information. We were applying via SET(M).

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 pm

Sufi2 wrote:Pls can we have people's timelines of hearing from Croydon PEO - was at Croydon today IT went down. No service. After paying a hefty sum! I plan to complain after I hear the outcome of my application. Can somebody post address to claim refund? Application now being treated as postal.

Hi Sufi , I have been a victim of similar situation as they were unable to locate my details on their live location i do not know what it means but was given similar answer that by 48 hrs some one will contact it has been almost 4 weeks no news yet

I have complained on this matter

I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... _standards

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... on-peo.pdf

rk79

Post by rk79 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 am

@patagonian nothing and absolutely nothing. The guy at the counter told me someone will be in touch with me. I've been trying to ring a number he gave me. I am sure all of you know there customer services number is good for nothing. I was able to speak with a CS rep on 29th but couldn't even get through on Friday.

I am angry also because I was given incorrect information. I will keep you posted.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 am

I really feel for you guys.
It could be me or any other Forum Member in similar situation.
It is pity that they know, most people applying for ILR have less than 28 days left before their current leave runs out and they also know that appointments are booked up much earlier and it is almost impossible to find any appointment at all in next 28 days or less before the leave runs out.

So if there is an IT issue and even if your declined to be seen i.e. no payment taken then your only Viable option is to apply by post and wait..for months before you can hear any decision.

At least those who have been successful to make a payment can chase-up by various means i.e. Complaint to UKBA itself, Ombudsman, lettter from MP etc.

I do think people in either of above should be given priority treatment in next few days and their application be accommodated by UKBA staff working overtime or something, afterall they are taking 1000s of Pounds in fees.

OK, rant over.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

rk79 wrote:@patagonian nothing and absolutely nothing. The guy at the counter told me someone will be in touch with me. I've been trying to ring a number he gave me. I am sure all of you know there customer services number is good for nothing. I was able to speak with a CS rep on 29th but couldn't even get through on Friday.

I am angry also because I was given incorrect information. I will keep you posted.
That's not good. I know the systems were down most of the day on Thursday last week and then crashed again when we were there on Friday afternoon so hopefully they'll get through the backlog including our cases in the next couple of days. Please let us know if you hear from them and I'll do the same. Good luck!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

nnj10 wrote:I really feel for you guys.
It could be me or any other Forum Member in similar situation.
It is pity that they know, most people applying for ILR have less than 28 days left before their current leave runs out and they also know that appointments are booked up much earlier and it is almost impossible to find any appointment at all in next 28 days or less before the leave runs out.

So if there is an IT issue and even if your declined to be seen i.e. no payment taken then your only Viable option is to apply by post and wait..for months before you can hear any decision.

At least those who have been successful to make a payment can chase-up by various means i.e. Complaint to UKBA itself, Ombudsman, lettter from MP etc.

I do think people in either of above should be given priority treatment in next few days and their application be accommodated by UKBA staff working overtime or something, afterall they are taking 1000s of Pounds in fees.

OK, rant over.
The WORST part is, this ukba SCAMER first takes the money then bring up this 'IT Issue' the best legal way of scamming people. You can withdraw your application but they wont refund.. any one else has any better scamming plan than this? I doubt it... :twisted:

insomniacslab
Newly Registered

Post by insomniacslab » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:56 am

Oh wow. I wish I did not read this. My appointment is april 2 at 10:30 and hopefully all systems are go as my visa expires april 11, and I am sure to leave the country for work May 12th.

I will let you guys know what the situation is at Croydon tomorrow. I am just hoping it is good news on all accounts.

rk79

ILR SET(O) Update - 28th March PEO Croydon

Post by rk79 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 am

Hi All,

I wanted to update y'll that I received a phone call this morning from PEO Croydon confirming they have approved my ILR application and asked me to come and collect my documents.

I am impressed that they took time to call me because they couldn't decide on my application given the visa issues.

Finally, they even offered to send the docs by post.

Please let me know in case there are any questions.

Regards,
Rahul

Venk_it

Re: ILR SET(O) Update - 28th March PEO Croydon

Post by Venk_it » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 am

Congrats Rahul,

I am in the same boat you were in. I had an appointment on 29th where there were major IT issues and said that biometrics results were not received so they could not complete my application. fingers crossed waiting for my application. Do you know of any number to call?

rk79

Number to Call

Post by rk79 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am

I was suggested to send a fax to 0208 196 3249

Please mention

Name
Nationality
DOB
Application Number

There is a number too but not sure if they will reveal much on the phone

friendandenemy
Newly Registered

PEO CROYDON....IT ISSUESS....ILR SUCCESS

Post by friendandenemy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I attended premium services at PEO CRO on 29/03/2012. Due to IT issues, they couldn't process my application on the same day and collected my passports informing me that they will call me about decesion.

I just received call from home office informing me that my ILR is success and they are sending my passports by post which should reach in 3 days followed my ILR and BP card.

Please let me know if anyone need any information.

Regards,
SK

Venk_it

Re: PEO CROYDON....IT ISSUESS....ILR SUCCESS

Post by Venk_it » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:13 pm

friendandenemy wrote:Hi All,

I attended premium services at PEO CRO on 29/03/2012. Due to IT issues, they couldn't process my application on the same day and collected my passports informing me that they will call me about decesion.

I just received call from home office informing me that my ILR is success and they are sending my passports by post which should reach in 3 days followed my ILR and BP card.

Regards,
SK

Hi ,

What time was your appointment on 29th? I am unable to send a private message so asking it here?

Regards,VK

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Regards,
SK
Hello SK,

I am trying to establish a trend. Thanks for sharing good news and congratulations.

My appointment was on 30th at 9 am but stayed almost whole day and at 4pm was informed that the case worker is not getting the response from other department about my previous WP..

He promised someone will be in touch more likely monday or tuesday ( if i am that lucky).. what was on the letter he mentioned? mine he said the appliaction is valid and he has passed on to other team for further enquiry etc.

Thanks alot!

friendandenemy
Newly Registered

Post by friendandenemy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Venk_it wrote:

Regards,
SK

Hi ,

What time was your appointment on 29th? I am unable to send a private message so asking it here?

Regards,VK

My appointment was at 9AM but stayed until 5PM.

friendandenemy
Newly Registered

Post by friendandenemy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

lahore2664 wrote:

Regards,
SK
Hello SK,

I am trying to establish a trend. Thanks for sharing good news and congratulations.

My appointment was on 30th at 9 am but stayed almost whole day and at 4pm was informed that the case worker is not getting the response from other department about my previous WP..

He promised someone will be in touch more likely monday or tuesday ( if i am that lucky).. what was on the letter he mentioned? mine he said the appliaction is valid and he has passed on to other team for further enquiry etc.

Thanks alot!
I didn't received any letter so far. My passports were handover to case worker and he confirmed on 29/03 itself that all is OK but they can't see biometric results on the system. so he took passports and returned back all other documents and informing me that i will receice call from home office. I got call around 11:30AM today confirming my ILR and they are going to send passports by post.

justAnotherNumber
Newly Registered

30th March Tier 1 Application IT Problem

Post by justAnotherNumber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I visited the UKBA in Croydon on Friday the 30th of March. My appointment was at 1.30pm. I was there until 5.45 and then they told me they would not be able to process my application because of IT problems.

They said they would call me early next week assuming that all the IT problems were resolved.

It would be interesting to know if there IT problems have been resolved. They did mention to me that the head of UKBA IT would visit them on Monday to assist with the problem.

If anyone was at the Croydon office today hopefully they could give some feedback?

Patagonian

Re: 30th March Tier 1 Application IT Problem

Post by Patagonian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm

justAnotherNumber wrote:It would be interesting to know if there IT problems have been resolved. They did mention to me that the head of UKBA IT would visit them on Monday to assist with the problem.

If anyone was at the Croydon office today hopefully they could give some feedback?
Things appear to have been back up and running today. There are reports of applications being processed today (eg see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 1eaa330933). Hopefully we'll be getting a call within the next couple of days

justAnotherNumber
Newly Registered

Post by justAnotherNumber » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Patagonian wrote:
justAnotherNumber wrote:It would be interesting to know if there IT problems have been resolved. They did mention to me that the head of UKBA IT would visit them on Monday to assist with the problem.

Things appear to have been back up and running today. There are reports of applications being processed today (eg see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 1eaa330933). Hopefully we'll be getting a call within the next couple of days
I received a call this morning stating that my application has been approved and they will be posting my documents today.

I hope Royal Mail takes good care of it.

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:26 pm

justAnotherNumber wrote:I received a call this morning stating that my application has been approved and they will be posting my documents today.

I hope Royal Mail takes good care of it.
Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to report back. It's encouraging for the rest of us who are still waiting

Sufi2
Newly Registered

Post by Sufi2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Was worked up expecting a call, but a package had arrived home instead, ILR approved dated 03 April. All the best fellows

clipclap
Newly Registered

Solicitor received call from home office.

Post by clipclap » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 am

The application has been approved. Waiting for the BRP now.
Best wishes to everyone whos awaiting outcomes.

Patagonian

Re: Solicitor received call from home office.

Post by Patagonian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 am

clipclap wrote:The application has been approved. Waiting for the BRP now.
Best wishes to everyone whos awaiting outcomes.
Congratulations Clipclap and thanks for the update. Did they call you yesterday? Thanks

skashif87
Newly Registered

Post by skashif87 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

lahore2664 wrote:
Hello SK,

Thanks alot!

Hello,

I too have been a victim of of these delays. I was at UKBA Croydon PEO on 30 March 2012 at 11:05 with my family. Our Biometrics was done with a little of wait but then announcements were made pertaining IT issues. We were then being called at one of the counters where they took our passports and rest of the documents. Around 04:00 pm we were being called back and told that everything is fine with the application but they couldn't carry verification checks. They asked us to wait for their call in the next week and the week is over by now. Though, they have all our documents and passports. They made waste of our money and our time. Irresponsible attitude!!! We are still awaiting to hear from them. :(

What was mentioned in your letter? Keep me posted as we were there on the same day!

Thanks.