ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 am

pankaj25 wrote:i have stopped thinking about it and i really do not care now a days,
it's been 8 months now but i still have my job,will got to india in diwali whether i get the visa or not.
You sure are lucky with your employer. Most employers want to see passport with visa in it before they take you into employment. Although the rules say that the prvious leave is automatically extended, they are not interested in that.All they want as proof of right to work is the passport. They don't even acknowledge letter from HO.
Good things come to those who wait.................

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Folks,

Tier 1 visa finally approved! God is truly awesome!

Waiting since January 2009.
Approved June 2009 for 3years.

For all those still waiting I urge you to hold on strong, this too shall pass...and you shall be smiling sweetly as long as you're genuine. Don't get discouraged or frustrated by HO and all their checks. So long as you are genuine it will come through positive by God's grace.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm

hoopsy wrote:Hi Folks,

For all those still waiting I urge you to hold on strong, this too shall pass...and you shall be smiling sweetly as long as you're genuine. Don't get discouraged or frustrated by HO and all their checks. So long as you are genuine it will come through positive by God's grace.
Huge congratulations Hoopsy, really happy for u!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess it is just me left now. I'l keep holding on. U take care.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:10 pm

xxbade wrote:

Huge congratulations Hoopsy, really happy for u!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess it is just me left now. I'l keep holding on. U take care.
Thanks a lot xxbade. I wish you all the very best, and pray you get positive result soon. Don't worry, if all your docs are complete and genuine you have nothing to worry about. Just commit it to God and hang in there. It is well.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

xxbade wrote: I guess it is just me left now.
First of all huge Congratulations to hoopsy. Man that was a long wait for u.

and xxbade, nah mate not just you. mine has been in since mid nov 2008...hahahah :? ..extended checks

now i only hope they have lost the passport and they get me a new one made..only red in color :lol:

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:34 pm

dtjesus wrote:

and xxbade, nah mate not just you. mine has been in since mid nov 2008...hahahah :? ..extended checks

now i only hope they have lost the passport and they get me a new one made..only red in color :lol:
Thanks a lot. I wish you all the best, hope you receive good news soon.

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:08 am

dtjesus wrote:

Hey, thought i was the only one left. Guess the two of us. Fingers crossed then, although i share your hope in them losing our passports and getting red ones, that would be so cool and compensation for the torture of waiting so long(wink wink).
At least we now know from hoopsy that extended checks does not mean refusal,that is positive, like hoopsy said as long as we are genuine,we have no problem.
Keep me posted okay.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

Hearty congratulations to you, hoopsy. It was a long time coming and I'm sure you're glad to be off the rollercoaster.

Best wishes to everyone still on the rollercoaster. No matter how harrowing it is, it does have an end..... a good end.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:47 pm

Congrats hoopsy... for holding your nerves with confidence...

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:15 pm

flygirl wrote:

Hearty congratulations to you, hoopsy. It was a long time coming and I'm sure you're glad to be off the rollercoaster.

Best wishes to everyone still on the rollercoaster. No matter how harrowing it is, it does have an end..... a good end.
Thanks Flygirl. It sure is a sweet relief. A very harrowing journey....but thank God for a happy ending :D

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Congrats hoopsy... for holding your nerves with confidence...
Thanks a lot tvn_ramesh.

MA
Newly Registered

Post by MA » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 am

Hi Folks,

Just checking for advice- submitted my Tier 1 (IGS to HSMP) in May 2008,however the application is still pending final decision. HO told my MP in October 2008 and January 2009 that they were conducting an 'extended check' of my oversea earnings .

Kindly drop me a line if you had gone through this in recent time .

Many Thanks,

MA

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:23 pm

MA wrote:Hi Folks,

Just checking for advice- submitted my Tier 1 (IGS to HSMP) in May 2008,however the application is still pending final decision. HO told my MP in October 2008 and January 2009 that they were conducting an 'extended check' of my oversea earnings .

Many Thanks,

MA
Hi MA, as am sure you have read going through the posts that i am going through the same thing. HO also told my MP that my application is going through extended checks, i made my application september 2008, it will be one year next month.
Another member of the Forum called Hoopsy went through the same thing but his came through not to long ago so there is yet hope for us.
Are you able to work?

xxbade

Post by xxbade » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 am

xxbade wrote:

Many Thanks,

MA
Hi MA, as am sure you have read going through the posts that i am going through the same thing. HO also told my MP that my application is going through extended checks, i made my application september 2008, it will be one year next month.
Another member of the Forum called Hoopsy went through the same thing but his came through not to long ago so there is yet hope for us.
Are you able to work?

Hey guys, i know its been a while and nobody actually posts here anymore, I seem to be the last person but i am so grateful to God as my visa was approved yesterday. Goodluck to whoever or if anyone is still waiting.

dabeanies
Newly Registered

student to tier 1

Post by dabeanies » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:42 pm

xxbade wrote:
xxbade wrote:

Many Thanks,

MA
Are you able to work?

Hey guys, i know its been a while and nobody actually posts here anymore, I seem to be the last person but i am so grateful to God as my visa was approved yesterday. Goodluck to whoever or if anyone is still waiting.
Congrats dude. Did you switch from student to tier 1 ?