ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babumk
Newly Registered

Time period to make the first entry to UK

Post by babumk » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am

I have a valid "Tier 1 (General) Migrant" VISA and it is valid from Oct 12 2009. I am planning to travel on March 2010. I would like to know if there is a stipulated time period within which I have to make the first entry to UK from the visa validity start date.

Is it acceptable to enter UK say after, 4 months from the validity start date? Also does this have a consequence on visa extension at the end of 3 years ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Time period to make the first entry to UK

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

babumk wrote:I have a valid "Tier 1 (General) Migrant" VISA and it is valid from Oct 12 2009. I am planning to travel on March 2010. I would like to know if there is a stipulated time period within which I have to make the first entry to UK from the visa validity start date.

Is it acceptable to enter UK say after, 4 months from the validity start date? Also does this have a consequence on visa extension at the end of 3 years ?
DUPLICATE

narulade

Post by narulade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:12 pm

today i got my approvel . mine was JR case and i was out of the country for most of my time ..

Visa expiry date: 10 Dec 2009
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 10th Nov 2009
Fee deducted: 11th Nov 2009
Reference number received: 13th Nov 2009
Visa stamped: 7th Dec 2009
Valid till: 3rd Oct 2013
Stamped docs received: 10th Dec 2009

anandpathak

help needed for HSMP visa at VFS bangalore

Post by anandpathak » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Hello friends,
I am from bangalore and I intend to apply for tier 1 general visa next month in Jan2010.Already i have prepared my documents and bank balance for the same :)
While trying to find answers to my queries came across this discussion board and the enthusiastic people who are helping each other in the best possible way.
I will be submitting my application at VFS bangalore and need to know few things about the VFS bangalore, Documents, Income funds and other tips and tricks for submission.
Request any good Samaritan who has applied at VFS bangalore and have successfully got the visa pls share your contact details with me at anand.imp@gmail.com . Mobile number will be highly appreciated and obviously i will disturb you the least :)

Thanks in advance
Cheers

anand
anand.imp ATRATE gmail.com

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: help needed for HSMP visa at VFS bangalore

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:32 am

anandpathak wrote:Hello friends,
I am from bangalore and I intend to apply for tier 1 general visa next month in Jan2010.Already i have prepared my documents and bank balance for the same :)
While trying to find answers to my queries came across this discussion board and the enthusiastic people who are helping each other in the best possible way.
I will be submitting my application at VFS bangalore and need to know few things about the VFS bangalore, Documents, Income funds and other tips and tricks for submission.
Request any good Samaritan who has applied at VFS bangalore and have successfully got the visa pls share your contact details with me at anand.imp@gmail.com . Mobile number will be highly appreciated and obviously i will disturb you the least :)

Thanks in advance
Cheers

anand
anand.imp ATRATE gmail.com
Anand... rather than waiting for somebody to come and help you.. you shd help yourselves by searching the forum..

please read the below link to understand wat docs applicants usually put with their aplication..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879

Also read the HO Guidance for more idea and rules..

then come back with questions.. goodluck

deveshm
Newly Registered

Please help SOS

Post by deveshm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi,

I want to know if there has been any Chartered accountant from India who has applied for HSMP Tier 1 visa in last 6-7 months. If yes, has the application been successful and what is the time taken? Folks, in my case i have applied through an OISC consultant who is not at all helpful and is now telling me to write to my Local MP in London to seek his intervention on compassionate grounds. I am totally short of ideas. Request your guidance please!!!

deveshm wrote:
Hi,

My case has been a sorry tale. I had applied for HSMP visa for self and dependent visa for my wife and kid within UK. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and had a work experience of 6 years 11 months at the time of making application. In UK, my work experience has been of total 20 months at the date of application. My previous visa was work permit sponsored by my employer. I had applied on June 1, 2009 and since then it's been a long ordeal of wait. Between money was debited from my a/c in last week of June. Further my kid's recent photo was asked for in first week of July. My OISC consultant assured me that it means that my application is successful and the reason that they have asked for recent photo of my son is to scan and put it in visa. That was 10th July and since then it's been an endless wait to get back passports. I have consistently tried to approach my consultant as well as home office for update and they have stuck to 1 line "THE APPLICANT IS BEING SELECTED FOR EXTENDED CHECKS". Between i moved house and every utility/medical service required passport for identification as i do not have a UK driving license. When i literally begged Home office for mercy, they issued a letter to concerned authorities that my passport is held by Home office for visa purposes. While this atleast confirmed that my passport is not lost, I am clueless as to when is this ordeal going to end and what do I need to do. Please help with your or some known person's experience.

Khan5
Newly Registered

Post by Khan5 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 am

Applied on 06/11/09
Application received by HO : 09/11/09
Acknowledgement Letter : 13/11/09
Aproval date : 17/12/09
Application received by me on : 19/12/09
Approved

Finally I received my approved application after 41days . Just be patient as far as your application is fine , it will be approved .

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:58 am

Khan5 wrote: Applied on 06/11/09
Application received by HO : 09/11/09
Acknowledgement Letter : 13/11/09
Aproval date : 17/12/09
Application received by me on : 19/12/09
Approved

Finally I received my approved application after 41days . Just be patient as far as your application is fine , it will be approved .
Hi Bud,

Its been 41 Days for me as well, I have Applied on

Applied on 10/11/2009
Application received by HO : 11/11/09
Fee Debited : 12/11/09
Acknowledgement Letter : 19/11/09

After that i haven't heard anything from HO. Did they contact you for further details?

Thanks

sandeepvk
Newly Registered

approval

Post by sandeepvk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi All,

I got my Visa approval today (HSMP to Tier 1 extension) . I have been a silent reader of this forum. My timeline is below
Current visa expires: Jan 02, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 16
Date Docs reached HO: November 17
Date Payment Deducted: November 19
Acknowledgement letter: November 23
Date Approved: December 11
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 19

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan 02, 2013

I had not kept the self addressed envelope. So the documents came through signed for post. It was a nightmare waiting for this as my application had some issues. I am a contractor operating through a limited company. During the initial months of company formation, I had withdrawn Salary and Dividends as 2 or 3 payments each month. In one month I took more salary than what my accountant calculated. This was reduced from the dividend taken. My payslips and dividend vouchers show only one amount for each month. Everything was a real mess. I explained this in the covering letter in tabular form. Added my comments to each payment and made it clear. I think this helped as otherwise the caseworker would have been really confused. I would be glad to help anyone who is in a similar situation. Please send me a message if you need help as I wouldn't be visiting the forumn everyday.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HI Guys Please help

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

p_p wrote:I want to apply for the UK Tier 1 (Highly skilled workers) permit;
but I am having confusion on one point under education qualification, I have done engineering in Electronics& Telecommunication from pandit Ravi Shankar shukla university Raipur Chhattisgarh. I want to know if it comes under professional qualification or not.
You can check in here and get your doubts cleared..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Khan5
Newly Registered

Post by Khan5 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 pm

No, i wasn't contacted by the HO . Just be patient you will be fine .

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Khan5 wrote:No, i wasn't contacted by the HO . Just be patient you will be fine .
Has anyone received documents today/yesterday?

Just wanna check if they are still releasing cases..... as christmas nearing and how long Royal mail is taking time to deliver....

Thanks,

anandpathak

help 4 final Check ofdocuments -submitting at VFS bangalore

Post by anandpathak » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello Gurus,
I am and SAP Consultant and planning to apply for Tier 1 -General next month at VFS bangalore and getting my documenst ready. request few inputs from you.

1.Is accomodation proof necessary? I will travel alone and my family (wife n kid) will join once I get settled in 4-6 months. I am applying only for my Visa and will mention that my famly will join later and i m not maintaining the funds for them as of now.Your expert comments!!
2.Do we have to submit photocopies along with original.if yes how many?
3.Only masters degree certificate and transcript sufficinet or need to submit previous graduation documents also. If yes ,Will photocopies of graduation certificate suffice.
4.For english , my masters qualification is not in PBS Online data base but graduate engineering is .wht should I do?
5. The self assesment tool does not allow me claim points in English as my Master's college is not listed in PBS.
NARIC certified that my postgraduation is equivalent to Masters . I have read in forum that many people suggested attaching printout of PBS calculator with applicaton.whats should i do as PBS will show it english points as ZERO? Should i overwrite it with PEN.
Could any of you pls share your mobile number so that i can call you up for quick check if you are still in india.

Thanks in advance fro your help.
Best Regards
Anand

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 am

Got my approval by post a few minutes ago.

Current visa expires: Jan xx, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 30
Date Docs reached HO: December 1
Date Payment Deducted: December 1
Acknowledgement letter: December 3
Date Approved: December 22
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 28

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan xx, 2013

Thanks everyone.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: help 4 final Check ofdocuments -submitting at VFS bangal

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:28 pm

anandpathak wrote:Hello Gurus,
I am and SAP Consultant and planning to apply for Tier 1 -General next month at VFS bangalore and getting my documenst ready. request few inputs from you.

1.Is accomodation proof necessary?

- Not required but you can do that by booking a temporary hotel accomodation in your name and attach the email confirmation

I will travel alone and my family (wife n kid) will join once I get settled in 4-6 months. I am applying only for my Visa and will mention that my famly will join later and i m not maintaining the funds for them as of now.Your expert comments!!

- Its fine just make sure you have enough funds

- Actually not required but applicants in india tend to put 1photo copy

3.Only masters degree certificate and transcript sufficinet or need to submit previous graduation documents also. If yes ,Will photocopies of graduation certificate suffice.

- Everything you send should be ORIGINALs.. dont take risk...

4.For english , my masters qualification is not in PBS Online data base but graduate engineering is .wht should I do?

- You can use ur Graduation Degree for English and put the original Degree certificate not photocopy

5. The self assesment tool does not allow me claim points in English as my Master's college is not listed in PBS.
NARIC certified that my postgraduation is equivalent to Masters . I have read in forum that many people suggested attaching printout of PBS calculator with applicaton.whats should i do as PBS will show it english points as ZERO? Should i overwrite it with PEN.

- You can use ur Graduation Degree for English and put the original Degree certificate not photocopy

Could any of you pls share your mobile number so that i can call you up for quick check if you are still in india.

Best Regards
Anand

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks a lot Ramesh for your valuable response.
Juts few secondry queries on them.
1.I am travelling only after 3-4 month of getting visa in Jan-2010. I intend to stay at my friens place in London In that situation getting Hotel accomodation in so much in advance will be difficlt. I hope this could be understood by Imigration folks.Your comments.
2.For the maintenance fund i hope you meant "sufficnat fund only for myself" i.e 2800GBP , not for my family as they are travelling later and i m not filing for their Visa as of now.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
anandpathak wrote:Hello Gurus,

1.Is accomodation proof necessary?

- Not required but you can do that by booking a temporary hotel accomodation in your name and attach the email confirmation

I will travel alone and my family (wife n kid) will join once I get settled in 4-6 months. I am applying only for my Visa and will mention that my famly will join later and i m not maintaining the funds for them as of now.Your expert comments!!

- Its fine just make sure you have enough funds

- Actually not required but applicants in india tend to put 1photo copy

- Everything you send should be ORIGINALs.. dont take risk...

Best Regards
Anand

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 pm

anandpathak wrote:Thanks a lot Ramesh for your valuable response.
Juts few secondry queries on them.
1.I am travelling only after 3-4 month of getting visa in Jan-2010. I intend to stay at my friens place in London In that situation getting Hotel accomodation in so much in advance will be difficlt. I hope this could be understood by Imigration folks.Your comments.

In the first instance Accomodation proof is not requested by the HO but people intend to put like hotel bookings.. but i am 100% sure it is not required so dont worry abt it;

2.For the maintenance fund i hope you meant "sufficnat fund only for myself" i.e 2800GBP , not for my family as they are travelling later and i m not filing for their Visa as of now.

- Yes got ur point..

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Dear gurus,

My apologies in advance if boarders find this post not relevant to this topic but its folks being fresh applicants may be aware of the process in a better way. I have already searched/read all the discussion related to this issue but was not of much help and did not get proper response.

Sorry to bother you again but i encountered a typical issue and need your input on it urgently. I understand that i have not yet applied for Visa in last 3 months but i have intensions to do the same this month itself but received a shock from NARIC so need your help.
I have already sent review mail to NARIC and query mail to UKBA but have not received any response yet.

I intend to apply for Tier 1 -General Visa for UK and currently in process of preparing my documentts.
I have a query regarding the points to be claimed for Education Qualification and request your input on the same.
My qualification achieved in India is not present in the available list of qualification at UKBA website thus I got the equivalent assessment done by NARIC UK.
The outcome of the assessment was :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Country of Qualification:India
Title of Award:Post graduate diploma in Industrial Engineering
Awarding Institute : National Institute of Industrial Engineering.
Year of Completion: 2004
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British Postgraduate Diploma Standard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I intend to use the Visa application form VAF9 and PBS Appendix 1 .
In PBS Appendix 1 ,section 3.3 - Points being claimed for qualification there is a check box for "Masters" for claiming 35 points.
Where as in the tier 1 general guidance note section 75 states as below:
==============================================
75. points for a qualification:
PhD* 50 points
•
Master’s degree* 35 points
•
(*or equivalent vocational or professional
qualification)
===============================================
When I check the NARIC website ( Ref : http://www.naric.org.uk/documents/code% ... dology.pdf , Page 7) , I could find that "comparable to British post graduate diploma standard" is equivalent to Masters according to FHEQ (Framework for higher education qualification , UK).

There is confusion between Master ( PBS1 appendix) and Master's degree (guidance note)
I would like to know if I can claim 35 points for my this qualification

Another irony of this situtaion is my classmate got his assesment in Feb 2009 as " British taught Masters degree" Wondering how Naric asseses the qualification. Do you know anyone who got his assesment revaluated successfuly with NARIC.

Any suggestion on this will be highly appreciated

Best Regards
Anand
Bangalore

rajmanda
Newly Registered

how to track the status online with reference number

Post by rajmanda » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 am

Hi Guys,

I have applied for tier1 from WP on 31/12/2009 and i have got the reference number on 08/01/2010. Amount has been debited from my account on 06/01/10.
Is there anyway i can check the status of my application online with the reference number or simply have to wait until for the response from HO.

Thanks
Raj

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: how to track the status online with reference number

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 pm

rajmanda wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied for tier1 from WP on 31/12/2009 and i have got the reference number on 08/01/2010. Amount has been debited from my account on 06/01/10.
Is there anyway i can check the status of my application online with the reference number or simply have to wait until for the response from HO.

Thanks
Raj
I would advise you to wait, the day fee is deducted, give your application atleast a week and then another few days because of the insane snow last week. This has made mails to be delayed for delivery.
I am not sure of any online link for checking your status, i guess thereisnt one.

Hope that helps.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

fkhoja
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extention Application Time?

Post by fkhoja » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm

hi
Just wondering can i apply 6 months prior to my expiry of tier1???
If Yes - would i get the visa from the date i have applied or from the date when my last Tier 1 was suppose to expire?

I am wondering how long before we can apply for the extention as their website terms stats 5 weeks but i am sure we can apply 2-3 months prior? any comments or suggestions please?

thanks in advance

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm

ramesh // can u look at this thread. ..

i need help with AR. .

can you help me with my AR ? Thanks..

Link >>> http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50155

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 am

I have also applied for TIER 1 General. I applied for the Visa online ( i am in NZ).

Application Submitted online - 7th Jan
Fees Deducted --- 7th Jan (as application was made online)
Biometrics Done - 8th Jan
Application sent to International Mail centre - 11th Jan
International Mail Center received the application - 12th Jan
No Acknowledgement yet....Still waiting

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extention Application Time?

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 am

fkhoja wrote:hi
If Yes - would i get the visa from the date i have applied or from the date when my last Tier 1 was suppose to expire?

I am wondering how long before we can apply for the extention as their website terms stats 5 weeks but i am sure we can apply 2-3 months prior? any comments or suggestions please?

thanks in advance
I have seen cases two/three months before and they have been approved without any problems. Some people have done it because of reasons ( travel, home) and some did it without any reason.
I am not sure of six months as thats way too early. If you can wait, wait for few more months and then apply if there is not any circumstance that allows you to apply sooner.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extention Application Time?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:12 pm

fkhoja wrote:hi

thanks in advance
Yes you can apply at any time but HO recommends to apply 28days before expiry..

Most or all of the cases HO renews the visa extension from the date it is expiring but since 6months is too early in that case you MIGHT be given on the date it has been extended.. so unless you have some good reason or issue.. better wait and apply around 3-4months prior so that your extension date is continued with ur current expiry date