ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Naturalisation certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Big Question Help Needed

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am

Abdul-w-A
why don't you call your embassy in the UK ? Or post them a **copy** to certify on ?

Abdul-w-A wrote:Hello everyone on the priviliged club.

I recieved my approval a few weeks ago and was reading this thread.

It seems that I have a bit of a problem regarding birth certificate stamped at country of origin embassy.

I'm Syrian and Syria has no embassy in Ireland.

how will I stisify this requirement?!!!

is there a contact number/email to the officials in charge of this at the passport office to talk to them about that?

Any help highly valued.

regards

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed May 04, 2011 7:04 pm

It seems that I have a bit of a problem regarding birth certificate stamped at country of origin embassy.

is there a contact number/email to the officials in charge of this at the passport office to talk to them about that?

Any help highly valued.

regards
Abdul, did you receive your Certiicate of Naturalisation? i'm asking you this because i've been waiting for more than 8 weeks now & INIS are still getting the Minister's seal on my cert which was printed a few weeks ago.. what a disgrace ! the guys who posted their documents on March 7th like me have already travelled on their Harp Passport !

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu May 05, 2011 10:56 am

HOTSPURS, ahahahahaaha....be patient, you are irish already.
Nanette

HOTSPURS wrote:

Any help highly valued.

regards
Abdul, did you receive your Certiicate of Naturalisation? i'm asking you this because i've been waiting for more than 8 weeks now & INIS are still getting the Minister's seal on my cert which was printed a few weeks ago.. what a disgrace ! the guys who posted their documents on March 7th like me have already travelled on their Harp Passport !

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu May 05, 2011 4:08 pm

I had to go to Burgh Quay for my family's GNIB renewal today & the Officer was baffled when i said I have neither my GNIB Card nor my Certificate of Naturalisation.. What's the story with the spouse of Irish Citizens getting 1 year Stamp 4 ? As a Non-EU spouse, my wife was only visiting Burgh Quay once every 2 Years !!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:I had to go to Burgh Quay for my family's GNIB renewal today & the Officer was baffled when i said I have neither my GNIB Card nor my Certificate of Naturalisation.. What's the story with the spouse of Irish Citizens getting 1 year Stamp 4 ? As a Non-EU spouse, my wife was only visiting Burgh Quay once every 2 Years !!
I heard they now only give 1 year stamp 4 for spouses of Irish citizens. Another of many ridiculous rule change.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm

9jeirean wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:I had to go to Burgh Quay for my family's GNIB renewal today & the Officer was baffled when i said I have neither my GNIB Card nor my Certificate of Naturalisation.. What's the story with the spouse of Irish Citizens getting 1 year Stamp 4 ? As a Non-EU spouse, my wife was only visiting Burgh Quay once every 2 Years !!
I heard they now only give 1 year stamp 4 for spouses of Irish citizens. Another of many ridiculous rule change.

9jeirean
I thought it was 1 yearly stamps twice then come third time until the expiry of the passport. There was never a consistency amongst immigration officers, if Immigration Officer woke up on the wrong side of the bed it was yearly otherwise longer ones. Unless there is complete new rule in place as you mention.

samchoopra

IRELAND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by samchoopra » Sat May 07, 2011 1:20 pm

[/b]Hi there,
is any 1 pls tell me at what stage the 3 reference mentined in naturalisation process will be checked.i search a lot but i dd not find any information about it.my concern is i read a lot about naturalisation process long delays more then 2 years so it can be happened the refree contacts numbers mentioned in application will not accesible some time for example if some 1 will be at holiays or may be if some 1 will change their mobile numbers.
can any 1 will guide me pls will the refrees will be called at very early stage or it will me in the middle or the last stage.?

AND WILL THE REFERENCES REALLY CHECKED AT SOME STAGE OR ITS ONLY A FORMALITY TO SUPPORT APPLICATION.....
IS ANY APPLICANT AT THIS FORUM BEEN INFORMED BY HIS REFREE HE MENTIONED AT THE APPLICATION GET PHONED OR CALLED BY
NATURALISATION DEPARTMENT TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE APPLICANT CHARACTER AND BEHAVIOUR IN IRELAND.

i will be very thankfull if some 1 will answer me....tHANKS IN ADVANCED.

HOTSPURS

Re: IRELAND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat May 07, 2011 6:21 pm

samchoopra wrote:[/b]Hi there,
is any 1 pls tell me at what stage the 3 reference mentined in naturalisation process will be checked.i search a lot but i dd not find any information about it.my concern is i read a lot about naturalisation process long delays more then 2 years so it can be happened the refree contacts numbers mentioned in application will not accesible some time for example if some 1 will be at holiays or may be if some 1 will change their mobile numbers.
can any 1 will guide me pls will the refrees will be called at very early stage or it will me in the middle or the last stage.?

AND WILL THE REFERENCES REALLY CHECKED AT SOME STAGE OR ITS ONLY A FORMALITY TO SUPPORT APPLICATION.....
IS ANY APPLICANT AT THIS FORUM BEEN INFORMED BY HIS REFREE HE MENTIONED AT THE APPLICATION GET PHONED OR CALLED BY
NATURALISATION DEPARTMENT TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE APPLICANT CHARACTER AND BEHAVIOUR IN IRELAND.

Dude, relax. There's very less chance of INIS calling the references. Having said that, INIS would want to call them if all 3 names are NOT typical Irish names AND are naturalised Citizens (going by the place of birth somtimes but not always). In my case, they never called any of my references(all native Irish born in Ireland) - if they're unable to reach any of your references, INIS might write to you but that's far-fetched as INIS do not have the time to even answer our calls let alone call somebody !

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: IRELAND CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by nanette » Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 am

but that's far-fetched as INIS do not have the time to even answer our calls let alone call somebody !

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...SO TRUE...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HOTSPURS wrote:
samchoopra wrote:[/b]Hi there,

Dude, relax. There's very less chance of INIS calling the references. Having said that, INIS would want to call them if all 3 names are NOT typical Irish names AND are naturalised Citizens (going by the place of birth somtimes but not always). In my case, they never called any of my references(all native Irish born in Ireland) - if they're unable to reach any of your references, INIS might write to you but that's far-fetched as INIS do not have the time to even answer our calls let alone call somebody !

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Tue May 10, 2011 6:18 pm

folks, Has anyone received their CoN recently. it's been 10 weeks wait for me & when i called this morning, INIS said 4-6 weeks more to go. i have a very bad feeling about this. an increase of fees from 950 € to 1250 € is imminent ?? Can they increase the fees for those who have sent the draft for 950 € already ?? In 2008, INIS 'held' approvals until after increase from 684 € to 950 € if you guys remember...

crown

Post by crown » Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 am

HOTSPURS wrote:folks, Has anyone received their CoN recently. it's been 10 weeks wait for me & when i called this morning, INIS said 4-6 weeks more to go. i have a very bad feeling about this. an increase of fees from 950 € to 1250 € is imminent ?? Can they increase the fees for those who have sent the draft for 950 € already ?? In 2008, INIS 'held' approvals until after increase from 684 € to 950 € if you guys remember...
Hotspurs,
I thought INIS letter stated that this would be done over 6 weeks. I sent in mine 29th April and I had hoped to collect by June
Crown

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu May 12, 2011 7:23 am

crown wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:folks, Has anyone received their CoN recently. it's been 10 weeks wait for me & when i called this morning, INIS said 4-6 weeks more to go. i have a very bad feeling about this. an increase of fees from 950 € to 1250 € is imminent ?? Can they increase the fees for those who have sent the draft for 950 € already ?? In 2008, INIS 'held' approvals until after increase from 684 € to 950 € if you guys remember...
Hotspurs,
I thought INIS letter stated that this would be done over 6 weeks. I sent in mine 29th April and I had hoped to collect by June
Crown
Hi Crown,
INIS did state CoN 'normally' issues within 6 weeks of payment. But these are not normal times, i'm afraid. An imminent fee increase is on the cards & let's hope we don't get a letter asking for an additional 600 € for the CoN. It's my 11th week waiting, so i'll know very soon either way...

crown

Post by crown » Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
crown wrote:
Hotspurs,
Crown
Hi Crown,
INIS did state CoN 'normally' issues within 6 weeks of payment. But these are not normal times, i'm afraid. An imminent fee increase is on the cards & let's hope we don't get a letter asking for an additional 600 € for the CoN. It's my 11th week waiting, so i'll know very soon either way...

Hotspurs,
11 weeks!!!! Shocking I trust something positive would happen now!
Crown

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sat May 14, 2011 12:54 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
crown wrote:
Hotspurs,
Crown
Hi Crown,
Crown, quite frankly speaking it does not sound right since a friend of mine got her cert within 3,5 weeks time (sent docs last week of March-11 *& received late April-11) who lives in Dublin area.

Are you sure they did receive your documents in full or is it lost somewhere? A quick call to DOJ may help to find out maybe?

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun May 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I've been calling Marys & Johns for the past 6 weeks or so, but it's the same reply.. Sent to Dublin for Minister's seal & the cert hasn't come back..Something fishy about the way INIS are being so secretive..don't know what's going on - 6 weeks for printing a cert & 6 weeks for the Minister's seal is a record for even INIS' standards..

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi any news in this blog. are people still waiting for 10 weeks before they get CON or is it quicker now

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 pm

bugu07 wrote:Hi any news in this blog. are people still waiting for 10 weeks before they get CON or is it quicker now

Hi Bugu,

I sent my documents on the 06th May (received by DOJ 09-May) & I haven't heard anything back. What was your timelines for CON?

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Applied last week only. But I know a friend who applied in 1st week of May and got it in 2 weeks. It appears that they print those CON in groups and few people have to wait longer. I hope I get mine sometime in June (wishful thinking)

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Guys,

Sent all documents for CON on the 06 May 11 and no news yet

Anybody any news?

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 pm

dgnhly wrote:Guys,

Anybody any news?
Hi, it should be very soon...posted my docs on May 3rd and just had the CON this morning

All the best

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 pm

tarakino wrote:

Anybody any news?
Hi, it should be very soon...posted my docs on May 3rd and just had the CON this morning

All the best

Congratulation Tarakino!!!
Just out of interest, what is the date of approval on your Cert? Would you mind sharing this information please?

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:41 am

dgnhly wrote:
tarakino wrote:

Anybody any news?

All the best

Congratulation Tarakino!!!
Just out of interest, what is the date of approval on your Cert? Would you mind sharing this information please?

Thanks, it was approved on May 20th

Good luck to everyone!

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Guys,

I think I got the CON. The postman dropped a note in the postbox for a registered post.

For the benefit of the forum the timeline for CON as;

06.05.2011- Oath taken
06.05.2011- All documents posted via registered post
09.05.2011- Delivered Tipperary Office
03.06.2011- Received post registered post docket advising parsel to be collected from the Postal Delivery Centre

dublinlad

Any updates

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Lads..any updates on current time line on CON?

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Just a question. Is it worth applying LTR now? I applied in May 2010 for Naturalization based on 5 years working visa. Few of my friends recently got their approvals who applied a bit before me. But they had LTR.

Do you think LTR is the big difference between granting some of the 2010 Guys who are getting yellow form?