ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jacqui78
Newly Registered

Post by jacqui78 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for my passport on 29/10/2012 (had my ceremony on 18/10/2012). I used 2, two month old, photographs and they sent me back a request to supply newest photograph (max. 1 month old). This request was sent using second class post, so I got it around 4th Nov. Immediately sent two more photographs, countersigned by my friend (a landscape architect) who had countersigned the form and earlier photos. However, I noticed my friend did not put my title (Mr) on the newer photo's. Apprehensive that they might reject the application, I emailed IPS clarifying this point. Did not hear from them back, though.

Few days later, I received my letter for arranging an interview. I called up the number mentioned on the interview letter and organized one for 21/11/2012. The interview questions I was asked are as follows:

1) Date of my first arrival to the UK
2) My full name with spelling
3) My full address
4) Full name of my wife, previous names (maiden etc.)
5) Her and my birth dates
6) Age of my son
7) My mortgage lender + address of property
8) Previous addresses (few of them)
9) My counter-signatory's occupation
10) Birth dates of my parents
11) Who do I hold my bank account(s) with?
12) Which University did I attend?
13) Names of my parents
14) My credit card lenders
15) Mode of my application for passport (postal, online etc.)
16) Application date for passport (approx.)
17) Citizenship ceremony date and type (private, public etc.)
18) If passport application was smooth (explained the photo situation)

The answers to these questions are already with them, they just verified that I am the right applicant. So the answers have to given out from memory (and no, they don't judge us if we hesitate / take few seconds to think).

After the end of the interview, I was told IPS will contact me in couple of days.

I received my passport today (24/11/2012) by courier.

Hope this is helpful. All the best to others who are waiting. :)

Cheers

Shre

2s0e0p1
Newly Registered

Quick question

Post by 2s0e0p1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello,

when the letter of approval for AN - naturalisation arrives. It arrives normal post or special delivery?

please can anyone clarify this for me.

many thanks.

jacqui78
Newly Registered

Post by jacqui78 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm

In my case, it was a normal post..

2s0e0p1
Newly Registered

Post by 2s0e0p1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm

meaning Royal mail second class?

tinah1234
Newly Registered

Post by tinah1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:46 pm

2s0e0p1 wrote:meaning Royal mail second class?

Yes.

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Passport application photos

Post by HariMathy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am

Hi,

I am having my ceremony next tuesday and will apply for my passport wednesday, i read that in my photos(which i supply) it should be countersigned by somebody.

Can i get sign from any of my friends(who has PR or citizenship), or should i need to take sign from my referee?

Also what are all the supporting documents which i need to send with my passport application.

Thanks
Mana..

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Passport application photos

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 pm

HariMathy wrote:Hi,

I am having my ceremony next tuesday and will apply for my passport wednesday, i read that in my photos(which i supply) it should be countersigned by somebody.

Can i get sign from any of my friends(who has PR or citizenship), or should i need to take sign from my referee?

Also what are all the supporting documents which i need to send with my passport application.

Thanks
Mana..
The Countersignatory has to be British/Irish passport Holder. Also, they must be a professional. If you have one of your Naturalisation referee that meets the requirements then it should be OK for them to sign your passport form. More details can be found on the link below:

https://www.gov.uk/who-can-sign-passpor ... plications

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Members

I have attended UK Citizenship ceremony today at Reading Borough council and it was a excellent experience.

My details are as follows

1.Application through NCS Bracknell-24/8/12(5years work dependant visa+1yr ILR)-Family application

2.Application approved-13/10/12
3.Date of Citizenship ceremony-5/12/12

A big Thank you to Jambo,Senior Members,Darksun,Greatmechengineer and to everyone for completing the journey.

Thanks
Jaffar

GIRIMUTHU
Newly Registered

can I apply from british passport from India

Post by GIRIMUTHU » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I have applied British citizenship (MN1) for my son on the 05/12/12 through NCS(Hounslow). and I am going back to India because I am going to start a business. Me and my husband are still in ILR. My husband will be here in UK for some more months.My query is that can I apply british passport for my son from India after getting his certificate of citizenship?? Or do I have to come back and apply from here. I have seen links where there is option to apply new child uk passport from India. the link is http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/resource ... cation.pdf.

But still I am confused and could not get proper information yet. I have also written to the british consulate and indian vfs in uk but didnt get any reply.I even asked people the NCS people but they have no clear idea.

Can anyone help please??
Any information regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 am

Yes you can apply british passport in india.

GIRIMUTHU
Newly Registered

Post by GIRIMUTHU » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 pm

thanks vij_sp_1980 for the reply....but can I also apply for OCI from india for my son???

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 pm

yes you can apply and any further queries please post in this forum regarding OCI.

pdsutton
Newly Registered

Post by pdsutton » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

[quote="shre.chatterjee"]

I used 2, two month old, photographs and they sent me back a request to supply newest photograph (max. 1 month old).

[/quote]

How did they know it was a 2 month old photo? Do you specify the date somewhere?

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 pm

pdsutton wrote:
shre.chatterjee wrote:
I used 2, two month old, photographs and they sent me back a request to supply newest photograph (max. 1 month old).
How did they know it was a 2 month old photo? Do you specify the date somewhere?
They have technology, my friend. They can do many things which we even can't imagine.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Members

Myself,wife and my son got naturalisation certificate last week and we are applying for first uk passport.

I would like to know do myself and wife should submit our grand parents details.

Thanks

Regards
Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 am

jaffar wrote:Hi Members

Myself,wife and my son got naturalisation certificate last week and we are applying for first uk passport.

I would like to know do myself and wife should submit our grand parents details.

Thanks

Regards
Jaffar
See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Jambo
Thank you for your reply.I checked FAQ Passport section. Thanks.please forgive me for my mistake of not checking FAQ.

Regards
Jaffar

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your reply before.I have filled the C1 Form to apply for first uk passport from doha as he will stay there for 2 months more and will come back to uk.

I have got my friend who is a dentist working in a hospital in reading and he has mentioned as a doctor in his profession and he has signed the countersignatory section and also the passport photo.He is a british as well.

I would like to know will it be a issue that he has mentioned his profession as a doctor,but he is a dentist.

Can I mention this in other information that he has mentioned doctor as profession,but he is a dentist.

Regards
Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

jaffar wrote:I would like to know will it be a issue that he has mentioned his profession as a doctor,but he is a dentist.
In what sense it this an issue? That dentists should not call themselves doctors? If he wrote that he knows you as a family friend and not as a patient, that should OK I believe.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your reply.I am glad to know that there will not be an issue and he knows me as a friend.

Thanks again.

Regards
Jaffar

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi people , i just wanted to know that for those who have applied and received their passports , which date is in your passports ? Is it the date you applied at post office or the date of the interview ? The reason i am asking is i applied for my passport on my birthday , so if they put the date you applied at the post office , that would be very cool , i would love that .

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Jambo wrote:
jaffar wrote:Hi Members

Thanks

Regards
Jaffar
See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.
The husband of a friend of mine became a British citizen through naturalisation in September. His passport application was initially refused because he had not filled in the grandparents's details. He pointed out to the passport office that in the guidance booklet it does state that this information is not required if you got your British citizenship through naturalisation and they told him that the guidance booklet is wrong. He provided the additional information and is now the proud owner of a British passport.

I became a British citizen through naturalisation on 5th December. The same day I filled out the online application form and despite the fact that I ticked that I became a British citizen through naturalisation and entered the certificate number, it would not let me proceed further without entering details for my grandparents. In the guidance notes I received in the post, it just states that if both your parents were born abroad, you need to enter the details for your grandparents unless you have entered a British passport number for your parents. Nowhere does it state that this information is not required in case of naturalisation. So it looks like this has changed.

Corinna

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:28 pm

trs2011 wrote:Hi people , i just wanted to know that for those who have applied and received their passports , which date is in your passports ? Is it the date you applied at post office or the date of the interview ? The reason i am asking is i applied for my passport on my birthday , so if they put the date you applied at the post office , that would be very cool , i would love that .
The passport normally has the date of the interview as that is the date your identity is confirmed and IPS issue the passport.

baldude

Post by baldude » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 am

I beg to differ. I am a naturalised british and applied for my first pp on 1st dec and gotten intvw letter delivered on 12th Dec 12. I did not fill in my grand parents details...

case worker who dealt with your friend application must be incompetenet. though i did not fill the form online, the PO Check and Send officer did not bother with grand parent details either.....

in my view nothing has changed. just case of incompetenet case worker. what amazes me is that case worker said guidance notes was wrong....must be his first day in office.

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 am

That is of course also a possibility. I wonder though why it did not let me proceed online without entering the details for my grandparents.

Corinna