ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anotherimmigrant

Long wait is over at last

Post by anotherimmigrant » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm

I got my certificate this week. Oath/Applied for cern on Oct 2009.

All you folks who ever waiting, be patient who ever waiting and nanette put great compilation of DO'S and Don't please review.

Please alway obey the law of the land and integrate with society.

Wish you all the best of luck!!

Slan!

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:24 am

Fake Paddy wrote:I have one question and that is does DoJ ask for additional documents before seeking reply from outside agencies or after.

My application is in prcess and DoJ waiting for reply from ONE outside agency. I guess they have reply from others but i was never asked to submit additional documents or information.
Fake Paddy, thats the big question.

I dont think they will ask the additional documents after receiving all reports from external agencies. I think they have some kind of time frame on each application, and they ask for additional documents irrespective of receiving documents from external agencies.

Deception-shy

Re: Long wait is over at last

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 am

anotherimmigrant wrote:I got my certificate this week. Oath/Applied for cern on Oct 2009.

All you folks who ever waiting, be patient who ever waiting and nanette put great compilation of DO'S and Don't please review.

Please alway obey the law of the land and integrate with society.

Wish you all the best of luck!!

Slan!
Congratulations "Anotherimmigrant"
Heard so many ppl are getting naturalization letters, is there any change in the processing time or DOJ is trying is clear the back log by clearing the applications quickly? Anyway, its a good sign.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am

I'd just like to reiterate my call to all those who got updates on their Citizenship application (or who have recently applied) to take a few monents to add/update their details on http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps so we can have a realistic overview of how long applications are really taking. It demystifies the ambiguous information given by the DoJ regarding the length to process applications.

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Congratulations to Anotherimmigrant and Capetown !!

When did you guys have sent your docs for cert, around what date?

i've sent mine in October as well, but still waiting

Thanks very much

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm

EBS wrote:When did you guys have sent your docs for cert, around what date?
I sent mine in Oct '08, and then I was asked again for a P21 in Apr '09.

Good luck :)

EBS

Post by EBS » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm

capetown wrote:
EBS wrote:When did you guys have sent your docs for cert, around what date?
I sent mine in Oct '08, and then I was asked again for a P21 in Apr '09.

Good luck :)
i meant, documents for Cert, around what date in October 2009 ? Beginning or second part of Oct?

Thanks

mad

Post by mad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 am

I applied for citizenship in August 2006. I was asked for additional documents in November 2008. I sent everything immediately. I was then told that my Garda report arrived in August 2009 and that my SW report was awaited. I sent my SW work report from social welfare office in November 2009. I called them a couple of weeks later and they told me that my Garda report is still awaited. But I told them that I was told that my Garda report was back already and now they are saying its still not back. It sounds very strange.

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate

Post by IrlNational2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 am

Hi Guys,

Could anyone who recently got naturalisation cert tell me if this comes as a registered post or by normal post?

Thanks

AShawna

Re: Naturalisation Certificate

Post by AShawna » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

IrlNational2009 wrote:Hi Guys,

Could anyone who recently got naturalisation cert tell me if this comes as a registered post or by normal post?

Thanks
From what I gather on the cert thread, it comes by registered post.

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=47518
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks
Yes, the certificate is sent by registered post.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 am

mad wrote:I applied for citizenship in August 2006. I was asked for additional documents in November 2008. I sent everything immediately. I was then told that my Garda report arrived in August 2009 and that my SW report was awaited. I sent my SW work report from social welfare office in November 2009. I called them a couple of weeks later and they told me that my Garda report is still awaited. But I told them that I was told that my Garda report was back already and now they are saying its still not back. It sounds very strange.
This is really strange. How come they say again that your GARDA report has not arrived? is there anyway to contact GARDA about this report?
My Application is waiting for Garda report from last one year and again they sent the reminder in october-2009, and its still not arrived. Its really taking ages to process the GARDA report.

Deception-shy

Re: citizenship

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="nanette"]You see Dublin123, I've never taken any SW benefits. So my letter was fine.
You actually don't have a choice here, just ask for the letter and see from there...

NOTE: I don't know what FIS stands for...

It took a month for me to get citizenship after providing SW letter...That was the only thing missing.

One other thing, it it always good to be honest, so if I was you and when I get the letter and if it says I've taken FIS, I will write a letter to INIS that should explain the reasons why I took FIS and for how long ...Just be honest.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

Hey Nanette,

I was asked to send the P60, bank statements, payslips and GNIB card during october-2009, and bank statements dont really reflect very healthy. Would that make any difference? or do we need to make sure that we have healthy bank statement before sending to citizenship office?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
nanette wrote:You see Dublin123, I've never taken any SW benefits. So my letter was fine.
You actually don't have a choice here, just ask for the letter and see from there...

NOTE: I don't know what FIS stands for...

It took a month for me to get citizenship after providing SW letter...That was the only thing missing.

One other thing, it it always good to be honest, so if I was you and when I get the letter and if it says I've taken FIS, I will write a letter to INIS that should explain the reasons why I took FIS and for how long ...Just be honest.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

Hey Nanette,

I was asked to send the P60, bank statements, payslips and GNIB card during october-2009, and bank statements dont really reflect very healthy. Would that make any difference? or do we need to make sure that we have healthy bank statement before sending to citizenship office?

The bank statement should be the one where your payslip money goes.....**current account**. As we all know current accounts are usually empty...:)- Well it is always better to have few 1000 euros in there.

NOTE:
Do NOT make massive tranfer to your account as this would look like you are trying to cover something...

What I did in my case is wait for my paycheck to come in and ordered a bank statement 3 days later which showed extra money in my current accounts (around 5K). Ensure that the bank statement covers the day of the transfer in your account.

You should relax, if you have a job (payslip, you pay tax) that should do it.

Nana.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:56 pm

The bank statement should be the one where your payslip money goes.....**current account**. As we all know current accounts are usually empty...:)- Well it is always better to have few 1000 euros in there.

NOTE:
Do NOT make massive tranfer to your account as this would look like you are trying to cover something...

What I did in my case is wait for my paycheck to come in and ordered a bank statement 3 days later which showed extra money in my current accounts (around 5K). Ensure that the bank statement covers the day of the transfer in your account.

You should relax, if you have a job (payslip, you pay tax) that should do it.

Nana.[/quote]

Thanks Nanette.
I have been working from last 6 years continuously, and when i sent my bank statements i had couple of thousand in my account. In some days i had only few hundreds. Lets see how it goes.

I have to calm down myself a bit, but you see this pressure is really putting me off by thinking all these issues.

Anyway, thanks again !!

(So Close but still sooo far)

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks sideshowsue and Ashawna
sideshowsue wrote:

Thanks
Yes, the certificate is sent by registered post.

Anti=fascist
Newly Registered

the most lazy and poor immigration system in the world,IRL

Post by Anti=fascist » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello guys why you all the time thinkin and talk about the naturlisation, i know its sad because if you all were in CANADA and Australia OR even in uk, all of you guys were, oh ready citiezen of those countries, forget it, even if you guys became a citizen, it doesnt make your life any long or doesnt helpn you financialy,forget it let them keep thire citiznenship, because ireland immigration authority doesnt want multinational country, look no one foreigner work in ireland immigration or jutice department of justice, it mean they hate multinational,NOTe, plesee forget it

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Sent: 11 February 2009 18:03:04
To: therighthook@newstalk.ie

Dear George,

I would like to draw your attention to a very neglected area of irish society....NATURALISATION. Currently there are 15600 applications pending at INIS (irish naturalisation & immigration services) for citizenship. The fees for completed and successful naturalisation application is €960. There is no fees for a refugee applicant and i can say there are not many applications pending on refugee status. if u take away for argument sake 5600 applications for being not meeting the criteria or of refugees, you are left with 10000 applications. Now...if you multiply that 10000 X €960 this means €9600000 for state coffers....isnt that the amount needed to give cancer vaccinations to under 12s?

Currently its taking 24-30 months for an application to get processed....while next door neighbour UK, which has twice the time more applications and less the fees is turning around applications within 8-9 months.

The issue is not the fees, i think issue is the timeframe its taking to complete these applications, these are the people like myself who have paid their taxes all along the five year residence period or 3 year period for spouses of Irish citizens whichever is the case, totaly legit contributors to the society pushed along the side.

Maybe if you get a chance to ask this question to the justice minister...

regards

this was sent a while back and i still havent seen any thing mentioned about naturalization times apart from the program culture shock a mere mentioning once r twice. :?

so conclusion is that our topic aint ugly enough for the locals.

zzz

Post by zzz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 pm

fatty patty wrote: this was sent a while back and i still havent seen any thing mentioned about naturalization times apart from the program culture shock a mere mentioning once r twice. :?
FYI:
13.01.2010 22:00 Newstalk - Coleman at Large
One lad from South Africa was in studio talking about delays.

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 am

Does anybody know are those F*s on strike with all other public workers?

it seemd like they are, i've been trying to ring million times - but in vain

no answering, no correspondence from them :twisted:

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 pm

EBS wrote:Does anybody know are those F*s on strike with all other public workers?

I keep promising myself I wont call but then I just give it "one more go" maybe I'll be lucky this time. Well, got through today.Started calling continuously from 11am, got through at 11:47am, was on hold till 12:25pm: "Application gone for decision". :roll:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

cool_irish
Newly Registered

Need your inputs and suggestions

Post by cool_irish » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Dear All,

I request if someone can give me information on my situation.

I am currently in clientsite outside ireland on a consulting assignment since last 10 months. I am due to finish this assignment in Mar 2010 and will be back in Ireland. Prior to this I was in Ireland for 8 years. I have a Irish Born Child - Permanent Residency and waiting for my citizenship approval which I hope is in final stages - they asked me the documents (P21, Bank Stmts, Payslip etc) in Sep 2009 which I've already sent in Oct 2009.

Now my question is when I am returining in Mar 2010 which is almost 11 months since I was out will there be any issues in immigration? will they ask me or rather stop me even if I have valid PR and valid GNIB card? The doubts are since I've heard that if you are away from Ireland for a longer period you may have difficulties getting in?

I appreciate if I get some help in answering my above questions.

Thanks
AK

Deception-shy

Re: Need your inputs and suggestions

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm

cool_irish wrote:Dear All,

I request if someone can give me information on my situation.

I am currently in clientsite outside ireland on a consulting assignment since last 10 months. I am due to finish this assignment in Mar 2010 and will be back in Ireland. Prior to this I was in Ireland for 8 years. I have a Irish Born Child - Permanent Residency and waiting for my citizenship approval which I hope is in final stages - they asked me the documents (P21, Bank Stmts, Payslip etc) in Sep 2009 which I've already sent in Oct 2009.

Now my question is when I am returining in Mar 2010 which is almost 11 months since I was out will there be any issues in immigration? will they ask me or rather stop me even if I have valid PR and valid GNIB card? The doubts are since I've heard that if you are away from Ireland for a longer period you may have difficulties getting in?

I appreciate if I get some help in answering my above questions.

Thanks
AK

HI Cool_Irish,

I dont think you would have any problem.
Everything is fine from you side as long as you have valid Irish visa, GNIB card, and salary lodging on to you local bank in Ireland.

You can go abroad on deputation, and it wont make any difference to your application processing since you are still being paid by the Ireland company and you are getting taxed every month by local Irish taxation.

(Sooo close yet sooo far)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

AShawna wrote:
EBS wrote:Does anybody know are those F*s on strike with all other public workers?

I keep promising myself I wont call but then I just give it "one more go" maybe I'll be lucky this time. Well, got through today.Started calling continuously from 11am, got through at 11:47am, was on hold till 12:25pm: "Application gone for decision". :roll:
Hey Ashawna,

I tried to reach them from last two weeks but i hanged up after holding receiver for more then an hour. Its really tiring to hold and listen to that music :-) and its same in my case too...I keep promising myself not to ring them but i give it " one last time" in anticipation of some movement in the application processing :-)

Good to hear that your application was sent for decision.
How long they take to make a decision once the application has been sent to minister for approval ? I'm not sure but I heard from friend of mine that applications are approved for every two months, is that right? otherwise throw some light on this.

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:53 am

I have been waiting for about 3.25 years for my application to process. I was being told that my application is at an advanced stage of processing since august 2009. However, in the last couple of months they have been telling me that my Garda report is still not back though it was ordered in Dec. 2008 and they had previously told me on a number of occassions in the past that it is back.

My timelines are as follows:

1. Applied: Sept 06.
2. Acknowledged: Oct 06.
3. Extra Documents requested: Nov. 2008 and March 2009.
4. Garda report: August 2009 but they later told me in Jan 2010 that my Garda report is not back.

I dont know what to do at this stage and would be highly grateful if someone can help me.

Please note that I sent them a detailed letter with my P21 for the last 3 years, My pay slips for 5 years, My P60 for 5 years and a letter from Social welfare saying I never claimed social welfare payments.

I never had an issue with the law and never even got a parking ticket.

So I would be greatly obliged if someone can help me.

Thank you so much everyone.