ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Student Visa

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm

sarara wrote:Someone here had directed me to a UKBA webpage a few days ago, to confirm that because my rights as a student are continuing, I am allowed to work park time, until I have a response to my FLR(M) application.

The workplace has asked for proof that I am allowed to work. I don't have my passport or old biometric card to hand. I do have a NI number, a copy of my biometric card (saying I'm a student allowed to work part time, but it expired 31/12/2012), and a letter from UKBA saying they have accepted my application for FLR(M). My plan is to provide them with these in conjunction with the UKBA link.

My question is - what do you guys think? Should this be enough? What else could I send them?
Follow this post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shendean

Hey Guys

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Take it easy we are are to help and discuss everything. anf for some good news as weel..

No arguing!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 pm

luckyjinx wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:It seems like you are getting more bothered than the OP
To be honest I'm just disgusted that this board has for the second time since I've been here been used to tell other people that they don't have a right to be upset or complain. This is easily the least supportive of the forums I visit.

I was sticking around to help people with questions, but with people like you here s**tting on everything then forget it. I'm out. Really not worth my time.
who gives a shit if you stay or not stay. I try to help those who like to take help and appreciate.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi how long can it take to finished an application after you were ask for more document and in my case I was asked for my old visa to be return which I have sent back do you think they have decided my case based on that,I submitted it on Friday so hopefully it reached on Monday can it take more than a week to get to me

sarara
Newly Registered

Re: Student Visa

Post by sarara » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="sarara"]Someone here had directed me to a UKBA webpage a few days ago, to confirm that because my rights as a student are continuing, I am allowed to work park time, until I have a response to my FLR(M) application.

The workplace has asked for proof that I am allowed to work. I don't have my passport or old biometric card to hand. I do have a NI number, a copy of my biometric card (saying I'm a student allowed to work part time, but it expired 31/12/2012), and a letter from UKBA saying they have accepted my application for FLR(M). My plan is to provide them with these in conjunction with the UKBA link.

My question is - what do you guys think? Should this be enough? What else could I send them?[/quote]

thanks, that is very helpful
Follow [url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ecs#765941]this post[/url][/quote]

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:13 pm

I did my biometrics last week. How long do guys think it will take for application made this year to receive their biometrics card and the documents back? I know that applications can be take within 6 months.

thanks

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

this my history regarding this visa flr m-

1st application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/11/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 08/11/12
Invalid letter received: 27/12/12
Visa Type : FLR(M)
Visa From: Fiance visa

payment didn't go through even though i always had more than the fee available in my bank account

2nd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 31/12/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 03/01/13
Payment deducted: 03/01/13
Invalid letter received: 05/02/13

they said was invalid because there was a new form, even though that application was submitted within the 21 days time limit of a new version of the form being introduced.

3rd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/02/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 14/02/13
Payment deducted: 08/02/13
Visa expired on: 06/02/13
biometrics taken; 18/02/13

I'm really stressed and annoyed with what has happened. I'm worried because I did a masters in another country and if I do not get the visa on time I will miss masters thesis presentation and will not graduate this year. UK border really knows how to mess up people's life even if you plan away a head and do your research, I have lost hope and everyday i'm getting more depressed with all of these.

shendean

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:this my history regarding this visa flr m-

1st application-

payment didn't go through even though i always had more than the fee available in my bank account

2nd application-

they said was invalid because there was a new form, even though that application was submitted within the 21 days time limit of a new version of the form being introduced.

3rd application-

I'm really stressed and annoyed with what has happened. I'm worried because I did a masters in another country and if I do not get the visa on time I will miss masters thesis presentation and will not graduate this year. UK border really knows how to mess up people's life even if you plan away a head and do your research, I have lost hope and everyday i'm getting more depressed with all of these.
ur lucky u get ur bio done so quick!
Shendean

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 pm

shendean wrote:

1st application-

2nd application-

3rd application-

ur lucky u get ur bio done so quick!
I don't feel lucky because its the third application and reading how long people's visa is taking give me no hope. Which means I will not graduate this year which is really all I wanted but thanks for your reply.

xsm0keyx
Newly Registered

Post by xsm0keyx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 pm

mrsabih wrote:
xsm0keyx wrote:
luckyjinx wrote:
xsm0keyx wrote:I have been watching the thread for a while and wanted to let people know that our visa and documents arrived today.

Here is our timeline. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope the time passes quickly.

Application Sent - 25th October
Biometrics - 15th January
Visa and Documents - 25th Febuary.

As a PS anyone who has received their visa does it have 24 months or 30 months. As mine has only 24 months and the letter says in 2 years we can apply for the ILR.

Thanks
Were you in the UK under old rules previously, like a fiance visa was approved before July 9, 2012? In that case, it's right - your path to settlement via marriage starts with the fiance visa if you have one.
Yes i was and i know that you have to wait 2 years before applying again. I just thought that the visa expiration date would be 30 months from now not 24. Because that means we cant apply for the next visa until the day that the current one runs out.
from which visa you switch your visa to flrm
how come you got approval with old rules thanx if you explain
We applied for the Fiance Visa in April 2012 so before the new rules

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 am

UKBA wrote:We believe our proposals to increase fees strike the right balance between ensuring the UK Border Agency continues to provide a world class service
What for do they use the word World Class Service??
According to beldingskills.com wrote:World-Class Customer Service, as we define it, is the process of consistently communicating to every customer - whether it is an internal customer or external customer - that they are valued, and that their satisfaction is paramount to your organization.

Achieving World-Class Customer Service requires strong service leadership, skilled management, effective teamwork, and skilled, caring and motivated people on the front line. Customer service representatives need to be supported by customer-centric processes and standards which are championed by effective management and strong leadership.
Is UKBA anywhere close to this definition?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sarara
Newly Registered

Post by sarara » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

@Damanisshallo

To be fair, it seems ALL immigration offices treat applicants like cretins and vermin - I'v had a similar experience with US immigration where they take literally YEARS to issue a response to green card applicants. It is incredibly frustrating, but not limited to the UKBA, I'm afraid. :(

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

sarara wrote:To be fair, it seems ALL immigration offices treat applicants like cretins and vermin - I'v had a similar experience with US immigration where they take literally YEARS to issue a response to green card applicants. It is incredibly frustrating, but not limited to the UKBA, I'm afraid. :(
But shouldn't they be ripped off with the so called WCS tag? Similar to how the UK's AAA credit rating was ripped off.

Shame there isn't any governance in place to check what they publish.
Skydrives, Templates

longtime
Newly Registered

overstayed or not?

Post by longtime » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 am

Hello everyone

I have applied for FLR(M) on the 5th july 2012
and yesterday 26th of February 2013 I was told by my solicitor that my application is refused due to the fact I came to UK with a tourist visa(family visit)...

my question is have I overstayed now? cause its been 8 months since my entry to UK but I was waiting for the decision. I still have my 2 year tourist visa. Will I be deported now? and what will happen to my tourist visa if i wanna come and visit my husband again?will I face difficulties entering th UK?

and my solicitor thinks i should go to appeal but I dont think I wanna go through this again? and I dont see any chance of getting the FLR with the appeal.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: overstayed or not?

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 am

longtime wrote:what will happen to my tourist visa if i wanna come and visit my husband again?will I face difficulties entering th UK?
You should not attempt to enter the UK on your visitor’s visa. In all probability the UKBA entry clearance officer at the airport may refuse entry if is known that you've sought a permanent stay but has not been granted a visa because they will be suspicious that the purpose for entering on the visitor’s visa is actually to stay permanent.

My personal suggestion is that, you make an application from your home country with appropriate supporting documents and hopefully you should get a fruitful news soon. Its much quicker than applying here.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

innocentdevil wrote:
luckyjinx wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:It seems like you are getting more bothered than the OP
To be honest I'm just disgusted that this board has for the second time since I've been here been used to tell other people that they don't have a right to be upset or complain. This is easily the least supportive of the forums I visit.

I was sticking around to help people with questions, but with people like you here s**tting on everything then forget it. I'm out. Really not worth my time.
who gives a shit if you stay or not stay. I try to help those who like to take help and appreciate.

Relax guys:

I know where Innocent Devil is coming from. Certain people are misled by falsely saying that something was seen on the website which is not true.
I never found anything on UKBA website that the applications are dealt within weeks. And also constant protest posting is not the idea of the forum either. I know people are upset but constant posting of their distress on the forum is making others a bit low as well, especially, when the fuss is made with in the UKBA given time scale.

However, Innocent : luckjinx has a point as well. We know that Xiaozhu has some other problem which she/he want to keep it private. So may be we should let that person go with their usual Protest Posting and leave it

Leave it guys its just a forum. We don't know anyone personally here and I don't think we should have anything against each other

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 am

1st application-

2nd application-

3rd application-

Why didn't you go for a PEO

longtime
Newly Registered

Re: overstayed or not?

Post by longtime » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
longtime wrote:what will happen to my tourist visa if i wanna come and visit my husband again?will I face difficulties entering th UK?
My personal suggestion is that, you make an application from your home country with appropriate supporting documents and hopefully you should get a fruitful news soon. Its much quicker than applying here.
I didnt know that in the first place. My solicitor didnt warn me about this. she just said it would be the right thing to do (to apply from my home country) and she told i have a chance of %99 receiving the FLR.

But talking to other solicitors I think my solicitor did everything wrong anyway. She did the application with my husband's british passport, but if she had done it with my Husband's spanish passport i could get the FLR due to EU rights.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 am

hello guys,please can anyone help me to solve my sore head now,after requesting my psw visa back which i sent back on friday via record delivery ,can anyone tell how long it might take for them to send my document back,is there any other inforrmation they will look for,and how long can it take to finish the process and sent it back to me,submitted on 29/6/12,biometric done on 15/10/12,please is ukba punishing people here based on their comments on this forum,and which bio month are they doing now,please ur answer will go a long way for me today

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Post by strayaleprechaun » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:34 am

@kings76 I understand you are feeling very frustrated and anxious, but this forum is not connected to the UKBA. There is no one here, without the help of a crystal ball, who can give you a definitive answer to your questions as we are as in the dark about UKBA processes as you.

Check the Skydrive to see who has got visa results recently so you can check the bio months being dealt with - there seems to be some visas being processed more quickly than others at the moment.

The only way to get your questions answered by a UKBA employee is to contact the UKBA by telephone. Good luck with that though, as from what others say they do not give out much helpful information.

I'm sorry to not be of more help. I hope you hear from UKBA soon.

rassell
Newly Registered

Flr m waiting time

Post by rassell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

Hi thanks to all ,hope u will get your documents very soon cz now home office Woking faster I think,
I applied 30/5/2012
Bio- taken 5/07/2012
Requested more documents
I sent it on 11/02/2013
Home office received on 12/02/2013
And they stamped my visa next day of receiving documents,
So quick
My solicitor received documents
On 18/02/2013 but he didn't ring me cz he was busy !!!!!!!
I called my solicitor on 20/02/2013 and asked him
Have u got any reply from home office?
He said "yes your visa approved""!!!!!!!
Any way ,thank to solicitor !!
Now looking for a good job
My question is.do I need to change my NI number? Cz I received
It when I had permition to work 20 hours,
But now can work full time
Or it's ok for full time work aswell,
I think it's ok, just confuse
Hope your waiting will over soon
Thanks

DieselD

Re: Flr m waiting time

Post by DieselD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 am

Hi Rassell

Your NI number lasts a lifetime.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

rassell wrote:... My question is.do I need to change my NI number?
No.

Your NI number remains with you for life no matter what your personal circumstances.

shendean

Post by shendean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

ID29 wrote:
rassell wrote:... My question is.do I need to change my NI number?
No.

Your NI number remains with you for life no matter what your personal circumstances.
maybe his refering he wanna change the surname r what! u cant change ur number but names u could!
Shendean

kings76

Post by kings76 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

@strayala sorry your name is too long to remember thank you for your advice it's a good one anyway I know it's a matter of waiting tomorrow is 8months of submission ,I do Hope whoever is holding it will find it very hot in his/her to keep it beyond this week .@ rasell I am borrowing by Faith that they have sent it to my lawyer as am going to his office now to know from him maybe he kept it and his waiting for the card to come but if so he is suppose to tell me so that I won't die of thinking before it comes ,,I know by Faith I have gotten it,thank you for your advices