ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussain252

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by hussain252 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:08 am

Ace87 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:57 am
On my 115 Working days I received not straight forwarded email.. Just GREAT INDEED after waiting for almost 6months. Received that email... Instead of decision has been made😖😖😖😢😢😢😢

So do I have to wait 3months more or 6months?
😱😱😱😱Scary... This is not good.
What are they doing really?
hey ace87 just wanted to ask did u receive the email after u enquired to the HO?

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:12 am

hussain252 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:08 am
Ace87 wrote:
On my 115 Working days I received not straight forwarded email.. Just GREAT INDEED after waiting for almost 6months. Received that email... Instead of decision has been made😖😖😖😢😢😢😢

hey ace87 just wanted to ask did u receive the email after u enquired to the HO?

I did. And that's the not straight forwarded email yesterday. Very frustrating 😒😒😤😤😤😖😖😖
I got mix emotions really don't know how to express.
But not losing hope, 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Praying to get decision sooner.

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 am

smarter1 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:04 am
Ace87 wrote:

Well, nobody can say how long you need to wait. You have to stay strong and find other ways how to deal with HO.

I and my partner is patiently waiting for the decision.
I really don't know what to describe this people.
I really don't understand why they took so long to decide. And what reason for not straight forwarded.
I'll wait.

Hope to get good news sooner.
And for everybody still waiting.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

loveindia
Newly Registered
India

Post by loveindia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:15 pm

UKVI really need to take consideration while dealing with lives of their own decisions but it looks like they are short of manpower and failing behind the overwhelming application piled in one visa processing centre in Sheffield. I have applied spause visa (non priority) from New Delhi on 25/09/2017, wrote email to them to check any progress after almost a month and got replied back from paid email that my application is being considered and " currently awaiting final decisions". I donot know if this is good sign or not since a lot of people are still waiting in Open position. Can anyone please share more recent trend of decisions from UKVI.

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:53 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:03 am
TatianaT wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:30 am
Does it mean application was refused? From the email above I cannot guess too what was the decision but the answer on my requests looks like excuse.... Have bad feeling about it
Tanya, do not stress before it is absolutely necessary. My understanding is that it does NOT mean you were refused but simply a delay. SimonS shared in his topic that they got the passport back after 3 weeks or something, they applied in SPB and had to involve MP from British side. Read his topic and may help you to plan your next step. There are many people, who received 'made decision' email but they have not received the passport.
Thank you! I read it too. You are right it is better to not lose hope. Hope we all will get decisions soon :)

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:58 am

Liloubash wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Barmo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:22 pm
Liloubash wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Hi Guys. Pleaaase I need your help!
Applied: 10th of April/priority from Rabat Morocco
On hold email: recieved
Not straightforward email: No
31st Oct email: recieved
My husband called UKVI day before yesterday for a status update the lady he spoke too said she can't see anything and she can't even confirm if it's still awaiting decision and he should call again after 24hours. So yesyerday when he was trying to call again he just got 3 emails from VAC almost at the same time one of them says UKVI has assessed your application and make a decision and the 2 other emails are the same and it say your passports and documents has been recieved and it is ready for collection just emails from TLS. ( NO EMAIL FROM UKVI TO SAY THEY MADE A DECISION)
I went today to the VAC in Rabat they only gave me an envelope that has my passport I opened it No decision no Visa not even a stamp to show that they touched my application at all I ask the staff they said that means its a refusal but am I not gonna recieve the reasons why I was denied?
Please! anybody know what does that mean?
GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYBODY STILL WAITING YOU WILL ALL RECEIVE THE GOOD NEWS INSHA'ALLAH.
I'm very sorry to hear this in 6month waiting very sad!!!but stay strong and believe in God.inshallah you get a positive decision me I apply from Rabat 18april still waiting ykoun khir bent bladi sabri !!!
Thank you do much for your reply I really appreciate it. Yeah I feel so sad I waited for 6 months I travelled all the way to Rabat thinking I finally got my decision but what I got was nothing!! I don't know what does that mean!!!
Hello,The same thing happened to my Hubby in Aug,we got a decision made email on the 16th if Aug,passport collected with no visa,no decision letter.We chased HO with several emails and complaints,my MP followed up as well but we did not receive a decision letter until 19th September wen they emailed a refusal letter.Refused because they think our marriage is not genuine bcos I hv they visited since I had my baby ,Anyway we lodged an appeal. It’s very sad how home office is treating people ,very in human.Why do they keep ppl in suspense before refusal letters? Please chase them up ,don’t give up because I guess they’ve refused u on a silly reason that’s why they did not gv u a letter so that they can get away wit it.Chase them for ur deciision letter ..Good luck

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:00 am

Emm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:58 am
Liloubash wrote:
Barmo wrote:
Liloubash wrote:
My husband called UKVI day before yesterday for a status update the lady he spoke too said she can't see anything and she can't even confirm if it's still awaiting decision and he should call again after 24hours. So yesyerday when he was trying to call again he just got 3 emails from VAC almost at the same time one of them says UKVI has assessed your application and make a decision and the 2 other emails are the same and it say your passports and documents has been recieved and it is ready for collection just emails from TLS. ( NO EMAIL FROM UKVI TO SAY THEY MADE A DECISION)
I went today to the VAC in Rabat they only gave me an envelope that has my passport I opened it No decision no Visa not even a stamp to show that they touched my application at all I ask the staff they said that means its a refusal but am I not gonna recieve the reasons why I was denied?
GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYBODY STILL WAITING YOU WILL ALL RECEIVE THE GOOD NEWS INSHA'ALLAH.
I'm very sorry to hear this in 6month waiting very sad!!!but stay strong and believe in God.inshallah you get a positive decision me I apply from Rabat 18april still waiting ykoun khir bent bladi sabri !!!
Thank you do much for your reply I really appreciate it. Yeah I feel so sad I waited for 6 months I travelled all the way to Rabat thinking I finally got my decision but what I got was nothing!! I don't know what does that mean!!!
Hello,The same thing happened to my Hubby in Aug,we got a decision made email on the 16th if Aug,passport collected with no visa,no decision letter.We chased HO with several emails and complaints,my MP followed up as well but we did not receive a decision letter until 19th September wen they emailed a refusal letter.Refused because they think our marriage is not genuine bcos I hv not visited since I had my baby ,Anyway we lodged an appeal. It’s very sad how home office is treating people ,very in human.Why do they keep ppl in suspense before refusal letters? Please chase them up ,don’t give up because I guess they’ve refused u on a silly reason that’s why they did not gv u a letter so that they can get away wit it.Chase them for ur deciision letter ..Good luck

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 am

Emm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:00 am
Emm wrote:
Liloubash wrote:
Barmo wrote:

Hello,The same thing happened to my Hubby in Aug,we got a decision made email on the 16th if Aug,passport collected with no visa,no decision letter.We chased HO with several emails and complaints,my MP followed up as well but we did not receive a decision letter until 19th September wen they emailed a refusal letter.Refused because they think our marriage is not genuine bcos I hv not visited since I had my baby ,Anyway we lodged an appeal. It’s very sad how home office is treating people ,very in human.Why do they keep ppl in suspense before refusal letters? Please chase them up ,don’t give up because I guess they’ve refused u on a silly reason that’s why they did not gv u a letter so that they can get away wit it.Chase them for ur deciision letter ..Good luck
Looks like they do everything in their power to make us away from our loved once. That's inhuman :(

ellie771
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ellie771 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:18 am

Liloubash wrote:
Barmo wrote:
Liloubash wrote:
hi liloubash, are you sure its been refused? I don't want to give you a false hope but I thought they were no longer putting visa vignettes on the non eu applicants passports! Someone with better knowledge might be able to confirm but until you know for sure don't despair, best of luck!

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:37 pm

TatianaT wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 am
Emm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:00 am
Emm wrote:
Liloubash wrote:

Looks like they do everything in their power to make us away from our loved once. That's inhuman :(
Your absolutely right they don't know how we feel we're the ones that are going through hardship it's easy for them to refuse us over silly reasons.
My husband got refused he recieved a refusal letter to they said we provided x2 slips not 6 my solicitor has wrote a letter to the entry clearance HO saying when we sent the bundle there was 6 when we recieved the bundle there was 6 how could u not have seen 6 payslips. I have got my MP involved she's shocked herself over a stupid error which The ECO has made my husband did not get granted a visa that was the only reason why he didn't get the visa.
It's best to do an appeal friend through an appeal it's a review provide as much proof as you can if they reconsiderate your decision your decision will be overturned and i hope this happens 🤞
Write a letter to the complaint department tell your solicitor to write a letter through 1st class post and email it to them also Get your MP involved they help a lot. Don't waste money on calling HO go to your MP it's free to call from there.
Also my solicitor provided by law if any documents are missing why didn't they contact me or my solicitor they are breaking the law they should always contact us if any documents were missing
Was your case on hold if u don't mind me asking ?
They just rushed because my husbands case was in one off the 6000 cases which were put on hold they did not concentrate on our case
they find any stupid reason to refuse us!
Only we know how it feels because we're far its easy for them to refuse after despite waiting 6 months this is the outcome we get couldn't they tell us before ?
😔😔😔
I wish you get your visa I will pray for all of us 🙏🏽

Amirahb
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Amirahb » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi , just asking for someone . Is the processing times for a spousal application faster from Canada and the U.S ? If anyone has any experience. An u let me know please ! Thank you .

movilla
Newly Registered

Post by movilla » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:58 pm

I applied for my US-based wife in July and we're now over 60 business days since the application went in. I called the UKVI call centre and the case is now escalated but I've been told we have to wait another 20 days (presumably business days) before I can call again. I've read in random immigration boards that 31st October is significant but I cannot work out why. Is there a change in the law or immigration rules that kicks in then?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

There were no recent changes in Immigration Rules recently. The reason why HO always tell you those days is they want to get rid of people, so obviously they do not allow to complain and do other bad things to them.

movilla
Newly Registered

Post by movilla » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 pm

I did a bit more googling and now see that the processing times for applicants from the US has now doubled from 60 business days up to 120 business days. I was hoping for some positive news but that is rather bad.

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:14 am

Amirahb wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Hi , just asking for someone . Is the processing times for a spousal application faster from Canada and the U.S ? If anyone has any experience. An u let me know please ! Thank you .
Any update on your visa?

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:19 am

Hello everyone, good luck to us all as 31st approaches. I pray lots of people get their visas-.

Please does anyone know how long we have to wait again after being contacted fo pay child IHS? BtW a decision was made before being asked to pay the IHS. I even called after paying the ihs for my baby and status is still decision made. My mother inlaw was diagnosed with pancreatic ca on Friday. My husband is shattered and all alone with her now. I need my passport and visa like asap. Like we all do

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am

AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 am
I noticed lots of people got their documents back from sheffield a short time after biometrics.
My husband didnt get his documents back and we r on day 80. Does that mean anything?
I'm near day 60 and have not received any of my documents back yet. I did receive a "case to straightforward email" on Friday 27/10/2017. I applied on 1/8/2017, biometrics on 10/8/2017 and my package was received by Sheffield on 17/8/2017. Has your husband received his documents back yet?

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am

Oops I meant "case not straightforward"

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 am

Country applying from: SriLanka
Type of visa applied for: Settlement spouse Visa
Priority/Non-Priority : Non priority
Date application submitted: 28th June 2017 - Online
Date biometrics taken: 7th July 2017
Date documentation sent to Sheffield UKVI: 21st July 2017. Next day delivery post.
Date documentation received by Sheffield UKVI: Not sure. No confirmation received by UKVI.
Documents returned: Somewhere in August 2017.
Office Location processing Your Visa: Sheffield, UK

Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
Received not straightforward email: No

Decision made email: Waiting
Email from VFS stating visa has been processed: Waiting

Date your visa was received: Waiting
Processing time from Biometrics date: 80 Business Days for today.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am

Today and tommorow :cry: hope is lost

Rekha2513
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rekha2513 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 am

M2sam wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am
Today and tommorow :cry: hope is lost
Hope for d best... Dont loose hope..

Kumar5689
India

Post by Kumar5689 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am

Stay strong and positive. I am waiting since December 2016 and there are so many people are waiting. Today or tomorrow ho have to give us answers.
Be positive and don’t lose hope. Good bless us all.

Rekha2513
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rekha2513 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 am

Kumar5689 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am
Stay strong and positive. I am waiting since December 2016 and there are so many people are waiting. Today or tomorrow ho have to give us answers.
Be positive and don’t lose hope. Good bless us all.
Yes true.. I also waiting from January 2017..

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:58 am

Received an email just now! Waiting since March.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

We wrote to you on 25 September to advise you that we would update you on your application for a settlement visa by 31 October. We are still working on your application, and are working hard to solve all outstanding cases. We will continue to keep you informed about the progress of your application.

Staff at our Visa Application Centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to a Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this further delay in the processing of your application will be frustrating to you and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your continued understanding.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Neosprin wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:58 am
Received an email just now! Waiting since March.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

We wrote to you on 25 September to advise you that we would update you on your application for a settlement visa by 31 October. We are still working on your application, and are working hard to solve all outstanding cases. We will continue to keep you informed about the progress of your application.

Staff at our Visa Application Centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to a Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this further delay in the processing of your application will be frustrating to you and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your continued understanding.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Just the received the same email.
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10