ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rassell
Newly Registered

Waiting time flr m

Post by rassell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks everyone for advice and helped me to remove my confuge

My opinion is,, if home office want you
For more/further documents and you give
It to them,
You will receive your documents within 2 weeks.
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Good to see that they've atleast done with May Applicants (Graph from Skydrive).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

lynnae
Newly Registered

Post by lynnae » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:this my history regarding this visa flr m-

1st application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/11/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 08/11/12
Invalid letter received: 27/12/12
Visa Type : FLR(M)
Visa From: Fiance visa

payment didn't go through even though i always had more than the fee available in my bank account
I don't know if your first application payment was by credit card, but I'll just add for anyone else that the advisor who we hired to help us with the application strongly suggested not paying by credit card.

She said that they have seen abnormally large numbers of "credit card refusals" come back for non-payment.

My first visa application I made in the UK came back with a refused credit card for unknown reasons (money was there, card details were correct), so after that I've always submitted a check.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm

saanju9 wrote:

1st application-

payment didn't go through even though i always had more than the fee available in my bank account

2nd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 31/12/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 03/01/13
Payment deducted: 03/01/13
Invalid letter received: 05/02/13

they said was invalid because there was a new form, even though that application was submitted within the 21 days time limit of a new version of the form being introduced.

3rd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/02/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 14/02/13
Payment deducted: 08/02/13
Visa expired on: 06/02/13
biometrics taken; 18/02/13

I'm really stressed and annoyed with what has happened. I'm worried because I did a masters in another country and if I do not get the visa on time I will miss masters thesis presentation and will not graduate this year. UK border really knows how to mess up people's life even if you plan away a head and do your research, I have lost hope and everyday i'm getting more depressed with all of these.
Why didn't you go for a PEO
When I first applied in November there were no appointments when I checked online. When I applied the third time I couldn't do with an appointment because the latest was March and my visa expired early on February. Also on the ukborder website says its fine if you apply within you visa expiring in 28 days and by March it would have been past this. That is a reason for them to reject you visa because you over stayed your visa and you don't get your money back.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

lynnae wrote:

1st application-

I don't know if your first application payment was by credit card, but I'll just add for anyone else that the advisor who we hired to help us with the application strongly suggested not paying by credit card.

She said that they have seen abnormally large numbers of "credit card refusals" come back for non-payment.

My first visa application I made in the UK came back with a refused credit card for unknown reasons (money was there, card details were correct), so after that I've always submitted a check.
It was a debit card. It went through the 2nd and 3rd visa application. So don't know why the first one didn't go through.

MoiMichMe
Newly Registered

Good news

Post by MoiMichMe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Hello, more good news from an August applicant who has been silently reading this forum since September. Yesterday I found out that I've been granted a 30-month spouse/partner visa (BRP card arrived on Monday). However, the cover letter from the UKBA caseworker doesn't inspire much confidence in their ability to decide FLR(M) applications properly.

First, the application was incorrectly considered under pre-July 9 rules. I applied at the start of August and was on a Tier 1 PSW visa when I applied, so we filled in everything for the post-July 9 rules, which according to their website was the correct thing to do (as I'd never been on a dependent visa previously).

Next, according to the old rules my application was refused, for mysterious reasons (there is no 'refusal notice' enclosed, although the letter does refer to one). We earn far more than £18,600 per year and live together as a couple in a one-bedroom flat so I honestly haven't a clue why they would have refused it, especially under the old rules...

But luckily, the caseworker decided to grant me a 30-month visa anyway based on the claim to a Family Life with a Partner under Appendix FM. We don't have any children, nor am I pregnant, so I guess we got lucky -- or perhaps being together for 3 years in the UK is enough. So I'm mostly happy because the 30-month visa was what I wanted in the first place, so I can apply for SET(O) based on 10-year residency in Aug/Sep 2015.

Even though they've clearly made some mistakes with my application, after more than 6.5 months of waiting, we just want to move on with our lives and believe that all's well that ends well. Here's hoping my HR dept. won't have kittens if they decide I need to show them that letter, which is full of bizarre mistakes and a missing 'refusal notice'. I hope my passport and the shiny new 30-month BRP will be enough for them.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting -- and I sincerely hope you'll all have someone more competent looking at your applications!

Apr 2012 - got married to DH (UK citizen)
4 Aug 2012 - applied for FLR(M) by post under new rules
9 Aug 2012 - payment taken and Acknowledgment letter sent
Late Nov 2012 - Biometrics
25 Feb 2013 - BRP arrived, spouse/partner leave to remain valid until late Aug 2015, work permitted, no public funds
26 Feb 2013 - Docs arrived, refused based on old rules (?!) then granted based on family life claim with my partner
Last edited by MoiMichMe on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

lynnae
Newly Registered

Re: Good news

Post by lynnae » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 am

MoiMichMe wrote: But luckily, the caseworker decided to grant me a 30-month visa anyway based on the claim to a Family Life with a Partner under Appendix FM. We don't have any children, nor am I pregnant, so I guess we got lucky -- or perhaps being together for 3 years in the UK is enough.
That almost sounds like they had a problem with the proof of marriage but accepted you as unmarried partners.

very odd.

However gratz!!

ESUSA
Newly Registered

SO EXCITED!!!!

Post by ESUSA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

I too am a silentish member to this forum and just received my documents and passport back. BRP to be delivered within the next 7 working days.

My Timeline:

Aplication made: 28/09/2012
Bio letter: 12/12/2012
Bio taken: 12/12/2012
Contacted MP: 19/11/2012
Filed complaint with Ombusman: 20/02/2013
Documents: 28/02/2013
BRP: 7 working days
Flight home: ASAP!!!!!!!

Im not sure whether or not dealing with the MP/Ombusman helped, but I can assure you it gave me some sense of relief. They regularly gave me updates and it made me feel somewhat better. I still am following through with my complaint to the Ombusman, as the UKBA has made these last 6 months painful!

I pray for everyone to receive good news soon. Thanks for this forum.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Well done ESUSA.

What address did you use for the ombudsman?
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

aurora_moon
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aurora_moon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 pm

ESUSA - I applied the day before you, and came home from the shops today to find a red card from Royal Mail for a recorded delivery! Going to pick it up this afternoon; I really hope it's our documents!! Congrats to you though :D

ESUSA
Newly Registered

Post by ESUSA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:55 pm

DieselD wrote:Well done ESUSA.

What address did you use for the ombudsman?
I Live in the Bershire area so im assuming the one in Reading Bourough Council. They are very good and we are claiming for the £561 to be refunded as well. They said 9 out of 10 times the applicant has gotten it back as they dont want to risk being taken to court. I think we have quite a strong case. It has cause myself and my family lots of stress and money.

ESUSA
Newly Registered

Post by ESUSA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm

My BRP just arrived. So the same day as my documents and passport.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi everyone who has gotten their visa congrats ,I don't understand why it is taking so much time for ukba to send my document back after submitted my psw visa which they ask for ,today is 8 months of submission and tomorrow is a week we posted the psw brb back ,I have complain to every channel I knew apart from ombudsman or should I still wait,am running out of patience ,please what should I do

littlej02
Newly Registered

Post by littlej02 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi all, been a silent follower the past few months, thought I would post my wife's timeline:

applied (from Student visa): 22 October 2012
acknowledgement: 29 October 2012
Biometrics letter: 27 December 2012 (dated 21 December)
Biometrics given: 27 December 2012
Asked for my (sponsor) passport back: 15 February 2012
Passport received: 25 February 2012

Today I wrote an email to my MP asking for their assistance. I received a reply a few hours later saying they were pleased to inform me that the visa was approved on the 25th February and then gave me the track and trace details to await the delivery tomorrow 01.03.13!!

I'm not sure if asking for my passport back aided the process in any way but I have read on other threads that a few people have had the application completed within a few weeks of doing the same thing. Might just be coincidence....

Just wanted to thank everyone for their updating their information to keep the hope alive and to wish everyone who is still waiting a speedy decision.

ESUSA
Newly Registered

Post by ESUSA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm

kings76 wrote:Hi everyone who has gotten their visa congrats ,I don't understand why it is taking so much time for ukba to send my document back after submitted my psw visa which they ask for ,today is 8 months of submission and tomorrow is a week we posted the psw brb back ,I have complain to every channel I knew apart from ombudsman or should I still wait,am running out of patience ,please what should I do
The Ombudsman called me today (after receiving documents) saying the application has now been processed and its on its way. I then asked her if contacting them sped up the process and she said 100% Then asked me if I wanted to close the case. I was just so desperate, I was willing to do anything! The complaint first goes to your MP then they sign it off and send it to them.

dic
Newly Registered

Post by dic » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello Guys I am new to this Forum. I applied for a Spouse Visa for myself
in 2011 This was granted just last month but for some reason they have placed me under the new immigration rules 9 July 2012? is this normal? Can I argue against it?
or appeal?

applied (): 8 September 2011
acknowledgement: 15 September 2011
Biometrics letter: waiting
Biometrics given: waiting
Decision : approved 17th Jan 2013 (Fax to my Lawyer)
Passport received: waiting

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm

@ dic you have every right to appeal it and I think you can win the case first your application is more than the maximum required time needed to process your application ,secondly contact your lawyer for advice and thirdly were you illegal when you made the application if no then on what stand did they based their decision to give you that visa when it is more than a year ,if it reaches court of law you can be compensated but seek more professional advice

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:35 pm

guys I think my last resort now is the ombudsman if I didn't get my document back tomorrow or at worst Monday it is 8 months today or did anybody has a professional advice

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

August Applications are under process.

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 pm

It looks like August Applications are under process. I got a letter dated 11 th Feb asking for my spouse passport sent to my old address. Luckily, it so happened that, i went to my old address to check mails , because I knew these idiots will do something like this....( because my bio metric invitation letter was sent to the old address ( http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ge+address )) and got this letter and sent my spouse passport.

It is mentioned in the letter to" use enclosed return label and reply ", where i didnot find one. Can anybody pls tell me what is that...??

The strange part is that, they have mentioned that " Please note a reply is required by 01/03/2015 (????)..... Still do they have a plan of holding the document for two more years...????????

It is very clear that there is no system in UKBA and some dumb idiots are placed for peanuts.
Date Biometrics Given in Post office :10/12/2012
== TAMILMARAN==
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
UKBA wrote:We believe our proposals to increase fees strike the right balance between ensuring the UK Border Agency continues to provide a world class service
What for do they use the word World Class Service??
According to beldingskills.com wrote:World-Class Customer Service, as we define it, is the process of consistently communicating to every customer - whether it is an internal customer or external customer - that they are valued, and that their satisfaction is paramount to your organization.

Achieving World-Class Customer Service requires strong service leadership, skilled management, effective teamwork, and skilled, caring and motivated people on the front line. Customer service representatives need to be supported by customer-centric processes and standards which are championed by effective management and strong leadership.
Is UKBA anywhere close to this definition?
Let them aim to give service first, then they can dream of world class service. Currently it is worst class service.....
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

IAMSOMEONE
Newly Registered

Post by IAMSOMEONE » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 am

Hi

I have received my passport and docs this morning..

Timeline as follow;-

Date Applied/Docs sent: 18/10/12
Payment deducted: 26/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 30/10/12
Biometrics taken; 03/01/13
Docs Received: 01/03/13
Biometric: to follow..

Visa From: Tier 1 PSW

shendean

Post by shendean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am

IAMSOMEONE wrote:Hi

I have received my passport and docs this morning..

Timeline as follow;-

Date Applied/Docs sent: 18/10/12
Payment deducted: 26/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 30/10/12
Biometrics taken; 03/01/13
Docs Received: 01/03/13
Biometric: to follow..

Visa From: Tier 1 PSW
Congrats!!

looks like november is coming too.. lol
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am

congrats. Looks like november is on the way. good for the wife :)

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:38 am

aurora_moon wrote:ESUSA - I applied the day before you, and came home from the shops today to find a red card from Royal Mail for a recorded delivery! Going to pick it up this afternoon; I really hope it's our documents!! Congrats to you though :D
Was there good news? Please note on the skydrive you have duplicated your details.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

hussanmaan
Newly Registered

Post by hussanmaan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:33 am

Received THE DX delivery letter in morning. missed my v imp delivery.
is they sending documents through DX delivery service. I booked next one on 4th of march.