ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 am

@New bloggers...welcome to the forum and pray that all goes well with ur applications.

@Godgives...the devil is a liar for having to refuse u,but in God I trust that he will overturn that decision and u will be granted ur stay in Jesus name.Ur reasons are the same as my sister who came as a visitor 6months ago and was refused a stay.But,she was given an appeal and they still have her stuff at the HO.It took them 5weeks to decide and this shows that they are definite making hasty decisions.I pray that all goes well for u and that u get granted a stay.

@All bloggers...let's not be deterred or be scared when one of us gets negative results.Instead,let's pray for them and let God take control.its understandable to be nervous but let's keep soldiering on and encouraging one another.The devil likes playing tricks to make us loose hope....I rebuke that in Jesus name. Those agents at the ho trying to bring negative results,may God strike them by fire by force!!!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 am

sanny26 wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@SANNY WHERE R U HUN? ANY NEWS YET????
I'm here hun, still no news I haven't seen my postman for the past 2 days now. I rang them yesterday the guy put me on hold to check if anything as been sent out then after 3-4 mins he came back and states a decision hasn't made yet and they working on it. But I felt like the application as been complete but because they haven't despatched it as yet he couldn't tell me its complete because its against their rules they not meant to tell u until it as been despatched. When u tink of it why would he put me on hold and states he's gona check if anything as been sent out if it wasn't complete he should av been able to tell me straight away because everything is right infront him.

I'm just hoping for the best for all of us.
Similar to mine too. They said it's under active consideration, does that not mean they are working on it too? :D
Ale001

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:03 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@SANNY U SHLD BE DANCING AZONTO YR GOOD NEWS IS COMING BABES......CONGRATS IN ADVANCE SO NEXT THING IS GO AND START PRACTISIN YR LIFE IN D UK AND GET D TEST DONE...... I PRAY MINE AND D REST OF US COMES SOON B4 SUMMER ENDS IN JESUS NAME
No, Sanny should be dancing Alingo :lol:
Ale001

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 am

Could someone please care to tell me why do we pay so much monies for the applications and get lullabys or fairytales when we contact HO not forgetting their high premium money-making scheme contact number??

We shall prevail by God's grace and mercy!!!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am

My friend just called me now and told me his good news, but it's a miracle. He applied for FLR (o) and no british child and no british wife, only base on protection, and instead of granting him 2.5 yrs, they grant him indefinite stay. He's still in shock now. HO are not predictable... He only apply for FLR(O), and they grant him Indefinite. What a miracle.
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 am

ale001 wrote:My friend just called me now and told me his good news, but it's a miracle. He applied for FLR (o) and no british child and no british wife, only base on protection, and instead of granting him 2.5 yrs, they grant him indefinite stay. He's still in shock now. HO are not predictable... He only apply for FLR(O), and they grant him Indefinite. What a miracle.
Whoa!!!! Result!!! Very very lucky for your friend!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 pm

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:My friend just called me now and told me his good news, but it's a miracle. He applied for FLR (o) and no british child and no british wife, only base on protection, and instead of granting him 2.5 yrs, they grant him indefinite stay. He's still in shock now. HO are not predictable... He only apply for FLR(O), and they grant him Indefinite. What a miracle.
Whoa!!!! Result!!! Very very lucky for your friend!!!
Thats the type of good news we need to hear and I pray we all get our stay... :D :D :D

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Nuchi wrote:Hi all,
I am one of the secret follower of this site and this keeps me strength up and I decided to write down my story to have a bit support from u guys.
I have limited leave to remain visa under the asylum and human rights act and my husband is a failed asylum seeker and a overstayer. We have 2 year old daughter,who born here but she also have the same visa as mine. My husband did sent a flr(o) application in August..but still no reply at all. This makes me really depressed and I don't know what do. Anybody have a similar situation like me? And I didn't show any financial support. I am really worried......

Our time line

Apllication sent: August 2012
Biometric done: Feb 2013
Decision: waiting..............

With H.O, patience is key. If you do not have it, learn to have it and wait. I am speaking by experience. If you allow the time to pass while they are holding your application, you will always be successful with the H.O. They know we are impatient and they act on it to disturb us. Unfortunately they succeed in doing so, after all, the answer to our applications is at their discretion. "We are all in the same boat"

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Chidy wrote:
Nuchi wrote:Hi all,
I am one of the secret follower of this site and this keeps me strength up and I decided to write down my story to have a bit support from u guys.
I have limited leave to remain visa under the asylum and human rights act and my husband is a failed asylum seeker and a overstayer. We have 2 year old daughter,who born here but she also have the same visa as mine. My husband did sent a flr(o) application in August..but still no reply at all. This makes me really depressed and I don't know what do. Anybody have a similar situation like me? And I didn't show any financial support. I am really worried......

Our time line

Apllication sent: August 2012
Biometric done: Feb 2013
Decision: waiting..............

With H.O, patience is key. If you do not have it, learn to have it and wait. I am speaking by experience. If you allow the time to pass while they are holding your application, you will always be successful with the H.O. They know we are impatient and they act on it to disturb us. Unfortunately they succeed in doing so, after all, the answer to our applications is at their discretion. "We are all in the same boat"
You have hit the nail on the wall. You've said the whole truth. Thanks for the brilliant advice..
Ale001

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Wow ! That's great news .....

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 pm

@Aleoo1....wow,that's friggin good news for God is great hey.I pray the grant me an indefinite too....

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="ale001"]My friend just called me now and told me his good news, but it's a miracle. He applied for FLR (o) and no british child and no british wife, only base on protection, and instead of granting him 2.5 yrs, they grant him indefinite stay. He's still in shock now. HO are not predictable... He only apply for FLR(O), and they grant him Indefinite. What a miracle.[/quote

Congrats to your friend. I was told a similar case some few months back that a lady applied for a student visa extension and got an indefinite stay instead. In as much as this a good news we all want to hear, we should also bear in mind that loads of people suffer from this ''mistake'' "inconsitency" of UKBA when they are unjustly refused, either because of these mistakes or the case officer just simply 'dozed off' while issuing the visa. I wish all the best of luck

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Congrats to your friend. I was told a similar case some few months back that a lady applied for a student visa extension and got an indefinite stay instead. In as much as this a good news we all want to hear, we should also bear in mind that loads of people suffer from this ''mistake'' "inconsitency" of UKBA when they are unjustly refused, either because of these mistakes or the case officer just simply 'dozed off' while issuing the visa. I wish all the best of luck

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 pm

socrates wrote:
We all defo need luck and just pray our case workers stay alert whilst processing our applications as such a random pattern they have :roll:

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
We all defo need luck and just pray our case workers stay alert whilst processing our applications as such a random pattern they have :roll:
Yes, they should stay alert when proccessing the applications, because these cases of 'good fortune' are one off compared to many cases that lack of concentration or msitakes has caused many people with good cases to be refused.

yahwadud

Indefinite

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Great news .i wish am granted indefinite leave too

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 pm

socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
Yes, they should stay alert when proccessing the applications, because these cases of 'good fortune' are one off compared to many cases that lack of concentration or msitakes has caused many people with good cases to be refused.
SNAP! :evil:

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 pm

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
I agree about these mistakes....I just got a call from my MP's office on Monday that the home office say I cannot work because I applied a day after my visa expired and when I showed evidence that I posted my application two or three days before my visa expired they yesterday told the MP that they have changed the information on my application to in-time instead of over stayer. So now I lost my job because of their mistake, have accumulated debt and now they say I should get a job first and ask the employer to contact them.....I don't know what employer will give me a job without showing a visa. i asked them for a letter but they have refused that. Its good to hear these good stories but there are instances where they make really bad mistakes like mine and others even worse. I am very sure that based on the previous information they had they would have just refused my visa without right of appeal and its only through God's grace that I found out about this mistake.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
I agree about these mistakes....I just got a call from my MP's office on Monday that the home office say I cannot work because I applied a day after my visa expired and when I showed evidence that I posted my application two or three days before my visa expired they yesterday told the MP that they have changed the information on my application to in-time instead of over stayer. So now I lost my job because of their mistake, have accumulated debt and now they say I should get a job first and ask the employer to contact them.....I don't know what employer will give me a job without showing a visa. i asked them for a letter but they have refused that. Its good to hear these good stories but there are instances where they make really bad mistakes like mine and others even worse. I am very sure that based on the previous information they had they would have just refused my visa without right of appeal and its only through God's grace that I found out about this mistake.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
God help you to stay strong babe!!! Thats what really freaks me out above all.... there s just no logic behind it whatsoever!!!!! I mean you had a job and everything, then HO got you the sack, so now they want proof of employment...?!!! WTF?!!!

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
verbina wrote:
@CrystalNewbie, what a costly mistake they made, thats exactly what I am saying. My own was that my decision lette of refusal r was sent to a solicitor I have never met, nor instructed, so I was srudying/working for 8 months, not knowing I have become an overstayer, until my employer made enquiries about my application, they were just told I don't have the right to work anymore, was dismissed from work, and the UKBA later wrote a letter to my solicitor that they made an error by sending my letter to a wrond address, but then I have lost my Job, become an overstayer

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm

No joke I reckon them case workers are having some form of sunstroke this week!! They ve been making some pretty deranged decisions since the heatwave struck!!! :roll:
When I go to report at the immigration thingie we usually have to queue up outside, right by the sunny back garden! And I always see ukba workers soaking up the rays out there whilst having a fag/ phone call break !! lol

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 pm

socrates wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:
@CrystalNewbie, what a costly mistake they made, thats exactly what I am saying. My own was that my decision lette of refusal r was sent to a solicitor I have never met, nor instructed, so I was srudying/working for 8 months, not knowing I have become an overstayer, until my employer made enquiries about my application, they were just told I don't have the right to work anymore, was dismissed from work, and the UKBA later wrote a letter to my solicitor that they made an error by sending my letter to a wrond address, but then I have lost my Job, become an overstayer
@Socrates...that's the home office for you....

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:43 pm

wooho that seems like a great news hopefully my case worker will be good like your friends too hopefully this good news will give other people on here some hope

btw when did he apply if you could tell us his timeline it be helpful

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:25 pm

ali90 wrote:
wooho that seems like a great news hopefully my case worker will be good like your friends too hopefully this good news will give other people on here some hope

btw when did he apply if you could tell us his timeline it be helpful
I hope my case worker to be as good as ur friends !
Can you plz share his/her story...

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Post by Mani jan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi guys good evening, can u please tell me is that possible to switch from discretionary leave to spouse visa from Inside the country?

I really appreciate if some one help me for this.