ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K_Karan

Cast your vote

Post by K_Karan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 am

Hello All,

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing our support and frustration caused by UKBA.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34835

Hope UK government understands!

Karan

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

The embassy havw said they are waiting for the sat team at angel sq to firward the letter on i have emailed them n will send fax today also thubny going tommorow
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

Sure12345
Newly Registered

Post by Sure12345 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:24 pm

sKAUR wrote:H ubby went to embassy they t9ok passpott n determination letter and said to come back after 3 hrs what does this mean.we r so nervous
See I told. They ll stamp ur visa by 3oclock congrats am happy for u tc

Sure12345
Newly Registered

Post by Sure12345 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:32 pm

sKAUR wrote:The embassy havw said they are waiting for the sat team at angel sq to firward the letter on i have emailed them n will send fax today also thubny going tommorow
K may I ask u few question. I have submitted my appeal and they gave date as 27 June 2012 to revert the decesion. I don't believe they ll revert they ll send the case to court for appeal. Bec of this issue am really stressed and taking treatment with doctor. If I send depression letter from my doctor ll they consider my emergency. Ll they arrange for early hearing court. I read somewhere in this forum u mentioned something like that. Pls advice is there anything can be done to get early gearing instead of waiting two more months from june

Sorry they gave date as 27 June 2013

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi they said at embassy that it will take up to a week for then to eexeice determubation letter from homeviffuce uk. They were very polite at tge embassy and my hubby going tommorow to see if any correspondence has come hopefully shouldnt take any longer than a week.
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 pm

H ubby went to embassy they t9ok passpott n determination letter and said to come back after 3 hrs what does this mean.we r so nervous
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 am

Received a email last night from the UK determination team a5 angel square they said they cant help bit can cobfirm the whole process should be complete by 27 of may 2013 and we should contact them after that date as the whole process takes 4 to 6 week s from 15 april. Will try calling today to see if I cab get the ball rolling as to were the determination letter is and if it has been sent to bhc new dehli
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

RJ123
Newly Registered

How to calculate number of working days

Post by RJ123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi All

I just wanted to check how does one calculate number of working days. Apart from excluding weekends and holidays in UK, do I need to exclude Indian holidays as well?

Thanks
RJ123

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Received a email last night from the UK determination team a5 angel square they said they cant help bit can cobfirm the whole process should be complete by 27 of may 2013 and we should contact them after that date as the whole process takes 4 to 6 week s from 15 april. Will try calling today to see if I cab get the ball rolling as to were the determination letter is and if it has been sent to bhc new dehli
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Heres one to confuse us. My hubby went embassy again who have said have said cine back tommorow with your passport and origbal letter. I have called the determination team at angel sq and they said the letter has been processed on the system and the whole process can take up to 27 may 2013 not sure what bhc intend to do x
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Sure12345 wrote:
sKAUR wrote:The embassy havw said they are waiting for the sat team at angel sq to firward the letter on i have emailed them n will send fax today also thubny going tommorow
K may I ask u few question. I have submitted my appeal and they gave date as 27 June 2012 to revert the decesion. I don't believe they ll revert they ll send the case to court for appeal. Bec of this issue am really stressed and taking treatment with doctor. If I send depression letter from my doctor ll they consider my emergency. Ll they arrange for early hearing court. I read somewhere in this forum u mentioned something like that. Pls advice is there anything can be done to get early gearing instead of waiting two more months from june

You could get a doctors letter which means you can forward on to the ait and they may consider it as special circumstances
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Sure12345 wrote:

You could get a doctors letter which means you can forward on to the ait and they may consider it as special circumstances
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Sure12345 wrote:

visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Heres one to confuse us. My hubby went embassy again who have said have said cine back tommorow with your passport and origbal letter. I have called the determination team at angel sq and they said the letter has been processed on the system and the whole process can take up to 27 may 2013 not sure what bhc intend to do x
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:18 pm

visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

Takdeer
Newly Registered

Post by Takdeer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:08 am

alice57 wrote:
Takdeer wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
alice57 wrote:For newbies who are making a fresh application for spouse visa please make sure your spouse's mployer letter should state clearly confirming the following---

A the person's employment and gross annual salary;
B the length of their employment;
C the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
D the type of employment ( contract or permanent )

We missed out on a point and had to resubmit the letter again ;(
You missed the hours a person works per week.It is a must requirement :wink:
Hello,
May I know what exactly needs to be given as part of the section "C. the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;"?
Should the employment letter must have the exact terminology for all of the above 4?
Appreciate your co-operation in answering this.

Thanks
Hello Takdeer,

Every company maintains a standard format in which the letter is provided by the HR for visa..In our case we did the same.But had to re sumbit it since it didn't mention specific terms as required by UKBA.We resubmitTed the letter by mentioning all the above details including the SOC code.

The letter should specifically mention terms like annual gross salary, your title,period of employment ,SOC code stating the reason the letter was provided

Point C basically means the letter should state the same salary mentioned in the application which is also coherent to all the documents provided as evidence for financial requirement eg salary slips, bank statements
Thank you very much for the response. But, I still need a bit more clarification on this.
1. When you mentioned, "you had to re-submit it since it didn't mention specific terms", what did u re-submit? (Did u requested the HR to provide the reference letter in the above format) Whom did u re-submit? (To UKBA?).
2. Do you mean you yourself prepared another letter on top of the employement reference letter provided by the HR which is not in the format specified by the UKBA? Please clarify.
3. May I know what is the SOC Code?
4. Regarding Point C, Is it the same as Annual Salary?
If I joined an organization around 3 months before and I was paid for the 3 months salary which is lesser than the threshold to meet for the application, what value needs to be entered for the Point C? Is it still the annual Salary?
5. What if the HR Refuses to give the details in the above format specified by the UKBA and follows the organization's own format which will meet some of the points in the above format?

Sorry for the detailled queries as these were the questions I am not sure.

Looking forward to hear for you!

Thanks & Regards

Takdeer
Newly Registered

Post by Takdeer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 am

alice57 wrote:
Takdeer wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
alice57 wrote:For newbies who are making a fresh application for spouse visa please make sure your spouse's mployer letter should state clearly confirming the following---

A the person's employment and gross annual salary;
B the length of their employment;
C the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
D the type of employment ( contract or permanent )

We missed out on a point and had to resubmit the letter again ;(
You missed the hours a person works per week.It is a must requirement :wink:
Hello,
May I know what exactly needs to be given as part of the section "C. the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;"?
Should the employment letter must have the exact terminology for all of the above 4?
Appreciate your co-operation in answering this.

Thanks
Hello Takdeer,

Every company maintains a standard format in which the letter is provided by the HR for visa..In our case we did the same.But had to re sumbit it since it didn't mention specific terms as required by UKBA.We resubmitTed the letter by mentioning all the above details including the SOC code.

The letter should specifically mention terms like annual gross salary, your title,period of employment ,SOC code stating the reason the letter was provided

Point C basically means the letter should state the same salary mentioned in the application which is also coherent to all the documents provided as evidence for financial requirement eg salary slips, bank statements

Hello,

I am providing the text from the Employment Confirmation / Reference Letter of my Previous employer.

The employer refused to alter the format and wanted to stick to this format onlyemployment.

Can anyone please confirm
- Is this is in an acceptable format by UKBA?
- If not what alternative I can provide.

Thanks in Advance!

Employment Letter:

20 March 2013
HR_CASE_XXXXXXXX

British Deputy High Commission
20 Anderson Road
Chennai – 600 006
India

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: <DummyNameofSponsor>

Please take this letter as confirmation that the above mentioned had been a permanent and
full time employee of YYYYY UK Limited (employee ID: NNNNNNN) from 6 February 2012 up to
18 January 2013 and he worked as a XXXXXXXXXX. During his employment with us, he received an annual base salary of £36,000.00.

Please be aware that it is YYYYY’s policy to provide only the above standard information on
a confidential to the recipient basis, and not to answer specific questions. This should not
be taken as either a positive or negative reflection on the individual concerned. No
warranties are given or representations made as to the suitability, accuracy or completeness
of the information supplied in whatever form or that further information will be provided.

This reference and other information is given without responsibility on the part of YYYYY or
its affiliates and any of their respective directors, members, officers, agents or employees.

Yours sincerely,

<Digital Signature of the HR>

XXXXXXXXXXXX
HR Administrator
XXXXXXXX@YYYYY.com

desmortess

Re: Spouse visa

Post by desmortess » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

gdl wrote:Hi,

Can someone please clarify if after submission of application- there are two different status as:

1. Visa application forwarded to BHC and thereafter
2. Visa under process at BHC.

I am wondering as I submitted my application at Mumbai VFS on 26th of Feb 2013 and ever since it has been just showing the status as application forwarded. Does this mean that it isn't under process?

Regards,
GD
Hiya mate

If you paid for sms updates then your visa application will change in online too especially the stage (Visa application under process at BHC).

If you dont then it will just say "Your application has been forwarded to BHC".

Sources: Confirmed with UKBA, Chennai

desmortess

Post by desmortess » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Can someone please clarify if after submission of application- there are two different status as:

I am wondering as I submitted my application at Mumbai VFS on 26th of Feb 2013 and ever since it has been just showing the status as application forwarded. Does this mean that it isn't under process?

Regards,
GD
Hiya mate

If you paid for sms updates then your visa application will change in online too especially the stage (Visa application under process at BHC).

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks a lot for explaining that!

Too many if's and but's and too long a wait!!

Regards,
GD

desmortess wrote:

Regards,
GD
Hiya mate

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Hubby went to bhc they said to wait for call letter. Strange though they asked him to come to embassy today. Im just going to wait for letter as the home office cab take up to 4 weeks to process the determination letter. U should be done on or before 27 of may 2013 I haope
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 am

Getting so sick of this now been a whole year since I applied I wish they would speed up now
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

chohans

Post by chohans » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Can someone help - I applied for my spouses visa 04/02/13 in India, still not heard anything.
Does anyone know how long we will have to wait

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:00 am

Hi Chohan,

Where did you apply from?

The overall process takes quite a while. My initial application through a solicitor was submitted on 7th July 2012. Thereafter, I submitted my passport and visa fee in Mumbai on 26th Feb 2013 to wake them from a slumber.

Yet nothing has happened!

Stay on this forum page to get updates.

Regards,
GD

chohans wrote:Can someone help - I applied for my spouses visa 04/02/13 in India, still not heard anything.

chohans

Post by chohans » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:47 pm

gdl wrote:Hi Chohan,

Where did you apply from?

The overall process takes quite a while. My initial application through a solicitor was submitted on 7th July 2012. Thereafter, I submitted my passport and visa fee in Mumbai on 26th Feb 2013 to wake them from a slumber.

Yet nothing has happened!

Stay on this forum page to get updates.

Regards,
GD

Hi Gd,

We submitted application in Jalandher. Application tracking still says being processed from 4th Feb 13.
Is there a time limit for them to process the application.
I have come back to UK and just waiting, its such a long process.
Can my partner get a visitor visa while we waiting

chohans wrote:Can someone help - I applied for my spouses visa 04/02/13 in India, still not heard anything.