ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP, 1+3+1 EXTENSIONS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Tyce,

I don't think HSMP visa will limit your freedom of working in another place as long as you get WP for that country, in terms of this, I believe there won't be anything happening to your HSMP visa.

However, the real problem will come eventually when you try to renew your HSMP visa or apply for ILR. Renewal of HSMP will again test your score that includes your past earnings, you need to make sure your earnings in another country will be counted in HSMP/Tier-1(FLR) as I'm quite suspicious what it is good to UK economy if your tax is paid to another country's government. For ILR, merely the time spent out of UK will be discounted (please refer to the details of ILR criteria).

Kelvin

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Not sure if everybody has read this one (quoted from thread HSMP JR case successful... HSMPians won):

breaking news:

Home Office won't appeal immigration ruling

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/14 ... on_appeal/

dont know if this is accurate report. cant see this on any website except here
if true then we can rejoice

meanwhile many people are trying to confirm this news

please use ur sources and confirm this if u can

lluu23
Newly Registered

Help for the confused...

Post by lluu23 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,
I am in the process of trying to extend my HSMP which is valid for 4 years but i have reached my 2nd year now.
i am really confused iwth the new system so i need to switch to
my existing visa to a tier 1 visa or a transitional arrangment visa.
As i previously working with my umbrella company, i qualified for the orginal visa when i first applied but about a year ago,
I changed to having my own company a year ago and therefore get paid a majority of my pay in divideneds
whcih as a result, my salary does not allow me to qualify for a tier 1 visa.

Does this mean i have to apply under the transitional arrangement for self employed?
or can i still qualify for a tier 1 as a self employed...
Please help! Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lily

Kelvin

Re: Help for the confused...

Post by Kelvin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 pm

lluu23 wrote:Hi,
I am in the process of trying to extend my HSMP which is valid for 4 years but i have reached my 2nd year now.
i am really confused iwth the new system so i need to switch to
my existing visa to a tier 1 visa or a transitional arrangment visa.
As i previously working with my umbrella company, i qualified for the orginal visa when i first applied but about a year ago,
I changed to having my own company a year ago and therefore get paid a majority of my pay in divideneds
whcih as a result, my salary does not allow me to qualify for a tier 1 visa.

Does this mean i have to apply under the transitional arrangement for self employed?
or can i still qualify for a tier 1 as a self employed...
Please help! Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lily
Hi Lily,

Are you 1+4 HSMP applicant ? If you are, you can just apply for ILR at the end of the 5th year.

Kelvin