ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABBH
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by ABBH » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Tarejasi wrote:Hi there
I am new here and having same issue for ETS. I even didn't know this issue is going on long time. After spending 2.5 years on my FLRM visa , I went to Cardiff this month for one day service. I have trinity a2 level for new extension . after waiting whole day I had a refusal letter saying my ETS exam was proxy test which I used for my student visa. I had my flrm visa last 2015 and even they didn't mention this issue that time or HO didn't send me any letter like others. I have in country appeal right . already appealed against the decision but wasn't aware about this situation before applying. Don't know what is gonna happen next
The same things happened to my friend. He has completed his Undergruats from UK and applied for work permit. He granted visa for work-permit after a year the letter has sent to him that he is the Victim of ETS. He will leave UK in November 2017. What I am trying to say nothing is gonna happen you will just waste your money, time and will be mentality disturb .

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for the reply mate. Let see how far they can go

anabat22
United Kingdom

Post by anabat22 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Anas786

pls can you share, what is happing after you filed JR in Feb. I'm very much interested to share my situation because it is exactly the same as yours only difference with the months and dates.
To cut it short, I applied for Tier 2 extension in Oct 2016, refused in Nov 2016 because of Toeic ( never given to UKBA) after taking all necessary steps my JR permission refused in June 2017 and now I'm applying for permission to Court of Appeal. Are you some where near to this? pls share

I understand you didn't submit Toeic with your tier 2 extension but have you ever used in your previous Tier 4 applications. I mean was your any leave obtain by using this Toiec? As I said I never used the test and provide to HO.I also did IELTS prior to Toeic which was in Aug 2012 but this didn't help.

Pls share
Regards

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Did you hire any Solicitor or you facing this issue by yourself mate

anabat22
United Kingdom

Post by anabat22 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 pm

of course, I'm using solicitor.

anabat22
United Kingdom

Post by anabat22 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi Hamzah88

I'm in the same situation never used Toiec still refused. Have you heard anything after you appealed in November 2016? Didn't get, whether you got the right of appeal or not.

Anas786
Newly Registered

Post by Anas786 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

anabat22 wrote:Hi Anas786

pls can you share, what is happing after you filed JR in Feb. I'm very much interested to share my situation because it is exactly the same as yours only difference with the months and dates.
To cut it short, I applied for Tier 2 extension in Oct 2016, refused in Nov 2016 because of Toeic ( never given to UKBA) after taking all necessary steps my JR permission refused in June 2017 and now I'm applying for permission to Court of Appeal. Are you some where near to this? pls share

I understand you didn't submit Toeic with your tier 2 extension but have you ever used in your previous Tier 4 applications. I mean was your any leave obtain by using this Toiec? As I said I never used the test and provide to HO.I also did IELTS prior to Toeic which was in Aug 2012 but this didn't help.

Pls share
Regards
Hi Anna,

I filled the JR application in Feb,2017 still waiting for outcome, no heard anything from the court but received the bundle from HO in April,but Never used the TOEIC certificate in any sort of visa extension, i read all about your's case on the forum which you had posted.hope for the best and never give up, one thing more pls try to consult with Malik law(Zishan), he was fighting TOEIC related cases in London.

Regards
Anas

anabat22
United Kingdom

Post by anabat22 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:25 am

Hi Anas

Have you applied permission for JR, am I right? I think you should have heard by now. Keep chasing the solicitor as well some times they are not proactive. Now a days HO is not taking long.
You mean Malik law chambers, have they won any JR or court of appeal cases? Do you know anyone who won the case similar to our cases?

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to post our journey so far....
April 2011- My husband came to UK on tier 4 student Visa
April 2012- Took the toeic test
May 2014 - We married
August 2014- He received a letter from HO stating TOEIC certificate was 'suspended' and he needed to take a new test.
November 2014 - Took Trinity College Grade 5 and applied for spouse Visa
Jan 2015- Granted visa
August 2015- He was called for an interview where he was aked few questions on toiec and was told he'd receive a reply within 2 weeks.
March 2016- I wrote to HO informing them I had not received anything. 2 weeks later he receives a letter of curtailment. Appeal right not given. We immediately submitted FLR-FP as we have a british child together
July 2016- FLR-FP refused appeal right given
21ST AUGUST 2017 - Hearing took place in FT.

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Well anyway we went in the judge explained the procedure. We took a barrister with us and Ms Fell a senior home office officer was present on behalf of HO. I was asked to leave the room my husband was asked questions for an hour; where why how when everything from A to Z on toiec. Literally every single detail. My husband answered right down to the point where he mentioned the dates and times of the examinations. Well after the cross examination I being his wife was called in and asked a few questions like why cant I relocate? Couldnt my family provide childcare if my husband was sent back? ( this really annoyed me and I answered simply by sayin no they can not our child is our reslonsibility not my parents or his parents). Then both the solicitors were to give the closing statements. Now this part is if great importance. The judge spoke and said somwthing along the lines of Now Ms Fell before we begin I would like to point out that you have given me in this bundle Mr ..........s test results unfortunately I am unable to understand what these test results are for are ther is simply a code with results next to it no exam name no name of who took it.

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:38 pm

The home office had submitted 2 bundles of paper work as proof in both bundles they had a piece of paper with my husbands results it was highlighted as the results. The judge pointed out that both papers had different results on them one paper had 1 result n one paper had 2 results. My husbands name was not on the paper nor of what test it was. Now the judge was not pleased but Ms Fell tried to make an excuse up. She then gave her closing statement in which she made excuses upon excuses trying to accuse my husband of not taking the test. Things like he studued in Luton why taje the test in London to which my barrister replied its his choice nowhere does it say he has to take it just where hes staying. She said why did he take it in April not May.

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 pm

I hope you all understand what I am trying to say I sat through the closing statements thinking what on earth is this. Absolute waste of our money, time and energy. The home office have absolute no proof. Oh and another thing she alao said 'if he was truly worried he would have contacted toeic' Seriously?!
Well anyway I will keep you posted, lets hope there is a good outcome to this. Goodluck to you all.

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Didn't they provide a voice recording?? We ha e a hearing in October too they've said my husband has to appear live via Skype from Pakistan

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 pm

No, nothing. They didnt even have my husbands correct test results let alone recordings.

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 pm

We've requested the voice recording too and they won't give it us keep us updated on what they say next to u

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi,
We received a letter yesterday from the first tribunal. Our appeal has been allowed under human rights ground. :D Alhamdulillah....We are just waiting for 14 days now as home office have the right to appeal the decision within 14 days....

anabat22
United Kingdom

Post by anabat22 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Anas 786

any update further to your last post. Have you heard back after you filed JR in FEB 2017?

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Hello Friends, I have contacted ETS regarding my Score verification. I have got this reply after mailing 100s times. Can any of you have any idea what does it mean please.

We refer to your communications in the above matter.
Educational Testing Service (ETS) is obligated to report test scores that accurately
reflect the performance of test takers. For that reason, ETS routinely reviews testing
irregularities and questions test results believed to be earned under abnormal or
nonstandard circumstances.
ETS’s Score Cancellation Policy for both the TOEIC Listening & Reading and
Speaking & Writing tests is clear, namely that ETS reserves the right to cancel
scores and/or take other action(s) deemed appropriate where ETS determines that
administrative irregularities have occurred in relation to a test. Administrative
irregularities include such matters as prohibited communication among test takers,
speaking anomalies, probable sharing of test content and/or answers, and/or the
presence of a proxy test taker. As confirmed by the relevant Policy, the reviews of
scores by ETS are confidential. You agreed to these policies and procedures when
you registered for the TOEIC test.
As you should be aware, because the validity of your test results could not be
authenticated, those scores from the test taken on 15/5/2012 at Premier Language
Training have been cancelled. As such, your Certificate is no longer valid.
It appears from your correspondence that there are ongoing proceedings with the
Home Office. ETS is not a party to your legal proceedings and you do not set out the
basis on which it is said that you are entitled to any order against ETS. In the
circumstances, we suggest that any additional matters or queries should be raised
with the Home Office rather than ETS.

sarsk87
Newly Registered

Post by sarsk87 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 am

Tarejasi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm
Hello Friends, I have contacted ETS regarding my Score verification. I have got this reply after mailing 100s times. Can any of you have any idea what does it mean please.

Educational Testing Service (ETS) is obligated to report test scores that accurately
reflect the performance of test takers. For that reason, ETS routinely reviews testing
irregularities and questions test results believed to be earned under abnormal or
administrative irregularities have occurred in relation to a test. Administrative
irregularities include such matters as prohibited communication among test takers,
presence of a proxy test taker. As confirmed by the relevant Policy, the reviews of
scores by ETS are confidential. You agreed to these policies and procedures when
authenticated, those scores from the test taken on 15/5/2012 at Premier Language
Home Office. ETS is not a party to your legal proceedings and you do not set out the
basis on which it is said that you are entitled to any order against ETS. In the
circumstances, we suggest that any additional matters or queries should be raised

Hello.

This is the generic response that ETS is sending to everyone who has a tribunal case going on in relation to TOEIC. home office have told ETS not to release any information / recordings. I had this response too. they did say that if home office agree they will release the tape. of course home office have ignored our solicitors requests for consent. In fairness this will only show the court that we have done everything we can prove our innocence and without the recording what else can we do to discharge the allegation.

I did get someone on a different forum who suggested that they have had more success getting recordings through ets solicitors, i did ask for the details but i didn't get a response. perhaps you could have better luck down this avenue. our hearing is in 6 weeks so i don't think we will get anything now before then, which hopefully goes in our favour.

Good luck!

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey Buddy , Really appreciate your time and the answer. My hearing in 6 weeks too. let see what is happen. Best of luck for your hearing too.

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

Tarejasi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

This is good news they are basically indirectly saying they have no evidence to give you and your scores have been canceled after 2 years,

If home office cannot provide evidence you have won your case as it is on then to release the evidential burden.

Good luck with your hearing,

We are in the exact same boat as you, our hearing in October.

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 am

Yes brother, Hopefully everything will go well. Just need to pray for each others. Best of luck.

hafeeza12
Newly Registered

Post by hafeeza12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi,
has anyone received any new news yet? We had our hearing almost 4 weeks ago and have still not heard anything yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:25 pm

You should hear back this week Insha'Allah

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

hafeeza12 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 pm
Hi,
has anyone received any new news yet? We had our hearing almost 4 weeks ago and have still not heard anything yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes?
Any updates??