ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KeMcS
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by KeMcS » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Finally my documents and certificate were delivered yesterday! 7 months exactly from when they received it was I entered into the register. I've been to Liverpool today to send off passport application. Hoping to have that back before the end of August. Thanks for all the help everyone :D

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Congratulations KeMcS! :D

judgefredd
Newly Registered

Post by judgefredd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:46 pm

judgefredd wrote:
porjuk wrote:
judgefredd wrote:Hi all,

Hi mate. They gave very little info. They just want proof that you're having a child. In the end I went with a certified copy of my wife's 20 week scan results which gives name, address, confirmation of pregnancy and due date. Then a certified copy of her passport although this may not be required. Guess we'll see in a few months if it worked....... Good luck with yours.
Update on this. I handed my application in to the embassy in London a few weeks ago and explained to the receptionist about the impending birth of my son. He seems fairly disinterested. I emailed the embassy a few days later just to make them aware of the urgency (and telling them the envelope contained certified evidence of the birth). I had a response the following day telling me someone was going to look into it. A couple of days later I was emailed, told they were processing my application and could I provide the witness' SARA number, which I did. I haven't heard anything since but the contact would suggest that the app has been processed. This would mean a turnaround of around a month or possibly slightly longer (famous last words). Will update as and when I hear more.

So far, moral of the story is, if you're having a kid, let them know.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 pm

So everyone else who has waited sicx to seven months has to wait longer because someone is having a kid? Doesn't make sense.

jimbucktoo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbucktoo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:24 pm

selkie wrote:So everyone else who has waited sicx to seven months has to wait longer because someone is having a kid? Doesn't make sense.
You appear to lack the moral sense and love of babies for which we Irish are justly famous. Are you sure you are Irish?

judgefredd
Newly Registered

Post by judgefredd » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:16 pm

selkie wrote:So everyone else who has waited sicx to seven months has to wait longer because someone is having a kid? Doesn't make sense.
I think it makes sense - whether you agree with it or not subsequently is subjective I guess. The child doesn't get the chance of citizenship unless the father is a citizen at birth. It seems a nice thing for them to do. There is no obligation on them to do it and it's fair to say that I didn't expect anything to come of providing the extra information but clearly they thought it appropriate enough to get it through (again, famous last words).

I have experienced similar with passports in the UK, where I live, and in France, where I used to live.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 pm

I Love Babies!!!<3
You however, are an idiot. You are not special for overpopulating the planet. But you may be "special ed". You are late in registering causing everyone an inconvenience and then you expect people to hop to it because A. You are LATE and B. You are having a kid? We all have kids get a clue. I doubt you're even irish, you dimwitted "Lug". I have the Irish wit and brains which you apparently did not inherit. I hope for Ireland's sake your kid is a brighter bulb. You still should not be taken first because of your own stupidity as the embassy official tried to impart to you when he was not enthused , Lug.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:56 pm

jimbucktoo wrote:
You appear to lack the moral sense and love of babies for which we Irish are justly famous. Are you sure you are Irish?
I love babies.
I am a hell of a lot more Irish than you, you miserable Cretan. I love babies but that is NOT a justification for moving to the head of the line. And how DARE you question my moral sense or Irishness. You sound like a misogynist to me. And a little light in the loafers.;)
I am 100 percent Irish; Which I doubt you are. You remind me of my Polish uncle whom my Irish grandmother called Lug-For OBVIOUS reasons, meathead was what my grandfather called him because he was a miserable person.:D I am Irish on both side and that is why I have a sense of logic and I also think about the PLANET and NOT overpopulating it. You sound like you live in the 1950's get with it.

judgefredd
Newly Registered

Post by judgefredd » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:04 am

selkie wrote:I Love Babies!!!<3
You however, are an idiot. You are not special for overpopulating the planet. But you may be "special ed". You are late in registering causing everyone an inconvenience and then you expect people to hop to it because A. You are LATE and B. You are having a kid? We all have kids get a clue. I doubt you're even irish, you dimwitted "Lug". I have the Irish wit and brains which you apparently did not inherit. I hope for Ireland's sake your kid is a brighter bulb. You still should not be taken first because of your own stupidity as the embassy official tried to impart to you when he was not enthused , Lug.
The joys of internet forums. I'm sorry you're so unhappy.

Nobbie
Newly Registered

Post by Nobbie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:46 am

KeMcS wrote:Finally my documents and certificate were delivered yesterday! 7 months exactly from when they received it was I entered into the register. I've been to Liverpool today to send off passport application. Hoping to have that back before the end of August. Thanks for all the help everyone :D
See my post just above, my FBR also took 7 months. The passport then took a further 12 weeks, so you're likely looking at mid October?

Happilyirish
Newly Registered

Post by Happilyirish » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm

I have just received my FBC and am absolutely ecstatic!
As I have taken much comfort and been very encouraged by other posts on this forum I would like to add my own experience in the hope that it will ease the anxiety for others while awaiting the outcome of their applications.
I applied for my FBC on 19th December2016 but (as I was horrified to find I was a certificate short) did not actually send my documents until 17 January 2017. I had certain anxieties about my application as there were a few things that were 'less than clear'. My grandparents names were Mary and Joseph (!) so my grandmother used the name Maisie on her marriage but that name did not appear on any other certificate. Also my grandfather was very much older than my grandmother and lied about his age. Consequently his DOB differed on every certificate. None of this seems to have mattered as the names and places all tallied and as somebody else has said on here, it's definitely proving linage that is the most important thing and the proof of linage in my case was very clear.
The only correspondence I had with the embassy was after six months when I contacted them for an update and was informed my application had been sent for approval and that the original documents and FBC would be forwarded with a passport application in due course. Never being able to actually believe I would be successful in my application I still didn't read this as confirmation of my Irish citizenship.
I wish you all success with your applications, be patient and don't worry if you hear nothing. We all have very different reasons for wanting to claim our Irish citizenship but I'm sure we all share the same joy and sense of privilege in being able to do so.

jimbucktoo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbucktoo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:38 pm

[quote="judgefredd"][quote="selkie"]I Love Babies!!!<3
You however, are an idiot. You are not special for overpopulating the planet.

Irish people are special and Ireland is underpopulated. There is plenty of room for everyone---even individuals, such as your "uncle" and yourself.

KeMcS
Newly Registered

Post by KeMcS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Nobbie wrote:
KeMcS wrote:Finally my documents and certificate were delivered yesterday! 7 months exactly from when they received it was I entered into the register. I've been to Liverpool today to send off passport application. Hoping to have that back before the end of August. Thanks for all the help everyone :D
See my post just above, my FBR also took 7 months. The passport then took a further 12 weeks, so you're likely looking at mid October?

I've sent my application through passport express and have an estimated arrival date of 31/08/2017.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:16 pm

jimbucktoo wrote:
judgefredd wrote:

Irish people are special and Ireland is underpopulated. There is plenty of room for everyone---even individuals, such as your "uncle" and yourself.
Even you, apparently. Sad state of affairs.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:29 pm

jimbucktoo wrote:
judgefredd wrote:

I don't like to argue and I was minding my own business, stating facts when you attacked me, a young woman, and my moral sensibility. But come prepared for Goodness sake if you are going to try to match wits with me, Jimbo. Your village called; they want their idiot back.

I will not degrade myself to reply to your comments further nor will I allow you to affect my happiness or the happiness of others on this forum in celebrating OUR Irishness.:).
Good luck.

And Please find another hobby than attacking young women on the FBR forum. You are embarrassing yourself.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Happilyirish wrote:I have just received my FBC and am absolutely ecstatic!
As I have taken much comfort and been very encouraged by other posts on this forum I would like to add my own experience in the hope that it will ease the anxiety for others while awaiting the outcome of their applications.
I applied for my FBC on 19th December2016 but (as I was horrified to find I was a certificate short) did not actually send my documents until 17 January 2017. I had certain anxieties about my application as there were a few things that were 'less than clear'. My grandparents names were Mary and Joseph (!) so my grandmother used the name Maisie on her marriage but that name did not appear on any other certificate. Also my grandfather was very much older than my grandmother and lied about his age. Consequently his DOB differed on every certificate. None of this seems to have mattered as the names and places all tallied and as somebody else has said on here, it's definitely proving linage that is the most important thing and the proof of linage in my case was very clear.
The only correspondence I had with the embassy was after six months when I contacted them for an update and was informed my application had been sent for approval and that the original documents and FBC would be forwarded with a passport application in due course. Never being able to actually believe I would be successful in my application I still didn't read this as confirmation of my Irish citizenship.
I wish you all success with your applications, be patient and don't worry if you hear nothing. We all have very different reasons for wanting to claim our Irish citizenship but I'm sure we all share the same joy and sense of privilege in being able to do so.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! YAY!!!! I am just approaching my sixth month so I will be celebrating with you soon!<3

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Judgefred,
I wasn't replying to you I was replying to "jimbuktu". Sorry, he was attacking me. I wish you all the best and I am happy for your new arrival! Good luck and I hope he/she is happy and healthy. I thought you replied with the nasty comments but it was jimbuktu. I am glad your baby is Irish! Congratulations!

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Shaz,
I didn't see your follow up post. My family owns a lot of land-so much so that we, can all live peacefully on it and not encroach on each other's space. We are close knit anyway. I don't know what you would do in your situation. But do get your mother's divorce certificate professionally translated. Take Care and good luck getting all the paperwork together.
It is a lengthy process. I travel for a living hence, it took me years to get all of the paperwork in order. I was always on assignment while I was collecting the materials. As long as you have one permanent place of residence, it shouldn't matter how often you travel. I'm excited to see your confirmation of FBR post!
All the best<3

judgefredd
Newly Registered

Post by judgefredd » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:22 pm

So today I received my certificate. I think just over a month after submission by hand to the embassy in London. Pretty sure the timing is solely down to providing evidence that I was having a child. Will submit my passport application through Liverpool the next time I am up there for work.

Thanks to all for the advice on here. Very useful. And if you're having a child, I would most certainly recommend evidencing it properly and submitting with your application.

Cheers.

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Congratulations! Submitting it as soon as you are aware of a pregnancy is a good idea.

jimbucktoo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbucktoo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Congratulations Judgefredd.

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:07 am

I'm currently 3 months into waiting and it is absolutely fine with me and I am happy that the baby will receive citizenship. No offence, but you come across as very selfish and self-centred.

Waitingonireland
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingonireland » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Dear Happilyirish,
Thank you for the update. Could you please tell us where you sent your application? And was it two months after your call when you received the certificate? Still waiting. . .

Happilyirish
Newly Registered

Post by Happilyirish » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 am

Dear Happilyirish,
Thank you for the update. Could you please tell us where you sent your application? And was it two months after your call when you received the certificate? Still waiting. . .

Hi Waitingonireland

I sent my application to the London Embassy but it was amongst those that were sent to Dublin for processing. I contacted the Dublin Embassy by email at the beginning of July and received my certificate at the beginning of August. Hope that helps. :)

nooni
Newly Registered

Post by nooni » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:18 pm

A little off-topic, but I think I'm not the first. :wink: I wanted to add my timeline for a first-time passport application from the United States.

The application was delivered to the US consulate Tues, 6 June 2017, and reached Dublin or at least a "Processing" status online on Tues, 4 July with an estimated completion date of 27/7. The passport was simultaneously marked as printed/dispatched Wed, 19 July, and it arrived back at the US consulate the next week (around 26 July). It was finally returned to me with original documents Fri, 4 Aug 2017.