ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by hrak1978 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 am

@Osafidence

Really greatful for your guidance.

Please do update when you will have your SETTLED STATUS card.

Also please advise what are the exact wording on the card.

God bless you really. Blessing from the core of my heart.

Hope u will get ur card asap.

Take care
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi everybody,

Has anyone of different tier visa holder got thrir desicion ?
Cause I feel it's too much waiting !! and I am thinking about getting my MPs to involve?

Thank you .

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:26 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:22 pm
Hi everybody,

Cause I feel it's too much waiting !! and I am thinking about getting my MPs to involve?

Thank you .
My wife brp holder still nothing
Looks like it takes ages
Our timeframe
3.4.19 application
5.4.19 brp card send
20.4.19 brp card back to us
No coa
Nothing
Couple times we called still under process

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:26 pm
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thank you .
Looks like it takes ages
Our timeframe
3.4.19 application
5.4.19 brp card send
No coa
Nothing
We need to escalate our cases ! Cause for me even I have CoA but i still can't work or do anything with it, I have been contacting the resolution center and all they say we put a note for the caseworker that's all , and at the end when I asked to escalate my case to the superior they said we can't to do this !!!
Therefore , I will contact my MPs !

rehman786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rehman786 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:25 pm

hi I applied for settle states me and my wife im famlily member

Application 15.4.19
Biometrics 17.4.19
CoA 30.4.19
Decision 4.5.19 my wife get email settle states
but not my decison

can some 1 advice me why not my decison yet

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 am

[quote can some 1 advice me why not my decison yet
[/quote]

You need to wait. People waiting for even 3 weeks after their EEA family member application approved and successful . Thousands of people applying everyday and NON EU applications not straightforward like EU nationals
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Sun May 05, 2019 1:49 am

amralialla100216 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Sky777 wrote:
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thank you .
Looks like it takes ages
Our timeframe
3.4.19 application
5.4.19 brp card send
No coa
Nothing
We need to escalate our cases ! Cause for me even I have CoA but i still can't work or do anything with it, I have been contacting the resolution center and all they say we put a note for the caseworker that's all , and at the end when I asked to escalate my case to the superior they said we can't to do this !!!
Please, count on me about this as well. I'm a BRP holder as well. They received my passport on the 17th April and I haven't received a COA yet. Every time I called the resolution center they only tell me that there is nothing they can do and that I have just to wait because there are not rejecting any application. Some of them suggested me that there could be an issue with the application because I mentioned I have a biometric card, but a BRP is not one.

The thing is that many of us cannot be waiting for several months without a status for different reasons... Hope they start processing our applications soon.

Also, I'm afraid that at some point they will contact us to tell us that we need to do our biometrics, when they could have told us that from the beginning, instead of making us waiting more than a month ...

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:33 am

danielpdo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:49 am
amralialla100216 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Sky777 wrote:
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thank you .
Looks like it takes ages
Our timeframe
3.4.19 application
5.4.19 brp card send
No coa
Nothing
Please, count on me about this as well. I'm a BRP holder as well. They received my passport on the 17th April and I haven't received a COA yet. Every time I called the resolution center they only tell me that there is nothing they can do and that I have just to wait because there are not rejecting any application. Some of them suggested me that there could be an issue with the application because I mentioned I have a biometric card, but a BRP is not one.

The thing is that many of us cannot be waiting for several months without a status for different reasons... Hope they start processing our applications soon.

Also, I'm afraid that at some point they will contact us to tell us that we need to do our biometrics, when they could have told us that from the beginning, instead of making us waiting more than a month ...

Hi
My wife brp run out in July
Why HO take so long to replay atleast issue coa or anything seriously it so frustrating waiting waiting
Even calling them not really help cos them say everything is fine
Still under process bla bla bla
Same
Is brp or brc card holders unders one immigration
Office why is so long to check them fgot our NI numbers
So already know most why for them is take so long transfer one data to other hmmmmm

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 pm

why is so long to check them fgot our NI numbers
So already know most why for them is take so long transfer one data to other hmmmmm

More than 200,000 people had applied according to Home office website in last 30 days and on the 1st day 29th march 80,000 people send applications .. They working 7 days a week so you will hear positive news soon

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Sun May 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi everyone,

So I called the EU resolution centre again today(5th of May, Sunday). It has been a month since I received my CoA. In this month period I contacted them several times, and the only information I got is that I am only eligible for the pre-settled status.

I told the EU resolution centre that I waited for a month and that my application has been downgraded to the pre-settled status. He told me that for whatever reason applications downgraded from settled to pre-settled status are taking longer. He also told me that since I've waited for a month, he can escalate my application, and with the escalation I should receive the outcome in the next week.

So we will see if this escalation really does anything.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:22 pm

Katerina_K

why do you think it's downgraded ? I think you are only eligible only for pre settled status. You need to be married to an EU NATIONAL for 5 years in the UK. Even if you spend 8 years as a student they won't count those years

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Like Obie said in here

" Time spent on the EEA FM route does count for ILR based on 10 years long residence, provided the EU spouse is a qualified person exercising treaty rights and has all the evidence to support it for the whole time an applicant for ILR "

think about it when your 10 years completed ... ILR under UK route

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:22 pm
Katerina_K

why do you think it's downgraded ? I think you are only eligible only for pre settled status. You need to be married to an EU NATIONAL for 5 years in the UK. Even if you spend 8 years as a student they won't count those years
Yeah, that is exactly the reason.
When I was applying, it was not stated explictly that you have to be married for 5 years to the EU national ( even though I knew this is the requirment for outher spouse -type visas) , so I thought to provide evidence for me being in the country for 5 years. But yeah that was a mistake. Then I found caseworker notes stating clearly the 5 year requirment. So I messed my application a bit by that.

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

katerina_k wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi everyone,

So I called the EU resolution centre again today(5th of May, Sunday). It has been a month since I received my CoA. In this month period I contacted them several times, and the only information I got is that I am only eligible for the pre-settled status.

I told the EU resolution centre that I waited for a month and that my application has been downgraded to the pre-settled status. He told me that for whatever reason applications downgraded from settled to pre-settled status are taking longer. He also told me that since I've waited for a month, he can escalate my application, and with the escalation I should receive the outcome in the next week.

Hi Katerina

Did you just request an escalation as I also applied over a month ago but still no CoA or anything from them. When I last called (yesterday) they said she can see that nothing had moved on my application and that she had put 'notes on my application' to hopefully push the caseworker and explain need for atleast the CoA as I am attending interviews in the next few days with nothing to show. Also concerned that I will be told later that I need to do biometrics when all along they have been saying I don't need to.

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Sun May 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm
katerina_k wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Katerina

Did you just request an escalation as I also applied over a month ago but still no CoA or anything from them. When I last called (yesterday) they said she can see that nothing had moved on my application and that she had put 'notes on my application' to hopefully push the caseworker and explain need for atleast the CoA as I am attending interviews in the next few days with nothing to show. Also concerned that I will be told later that I need to do biometrics when all along they have been saying I don't need to.
Hi Hayley,

No I did not request, the resolution centre worker offered that to me himself.
Before calling the resolution centre, I was ready to contact my MP. Now I will wait for a week to see what happens.

Hopefully them puting 'notes on your application' means that you gona receive at least CoA. Seems like when people say that they need CoA for job interviews, they do send CoA out quickly.

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
katerina_k wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Katerina

Putting note is not notifying your caseworker for you situation, it's just for the caseworker once he opens your case he can look at this note.

Also the CoA doesn't allow you to work if you don't have BRC !

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:06 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Hayley01 wrote:
katerina_k wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Katerina

Putting note is not notifying your caseworker for you situation, it's just for the caseworker once he opens your case he can look at this note.

Hi I called them today again about my wife application
She is holder brp etc
Again been told just to wait bit longer and my wife application been processed and soon I should get answer every day something new hmmmm
From Tuesday other week of waiting it is aready
9 days working since we get brp card back how many more ???

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Hayley01 wrote:
katerina_k wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Katerina

Fully aware that it doesn't allow you to work but you can at least prove that you have applied and have an application under consideration. Right now all I have is my word that 'I have applied'.

rehman786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rehman786 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 am
[quote can some 1 advice me why not my decison yet
You need to wait. People waiting for even 3 weeks after their EEA family member application approved and successful . Thousands of people applying everyday and NON EU applications not straightforward like EU nationals
[/quote]

thanks foe advice me I hope every thing is fine good luck to me

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Also the CoA doesn't allow you to work if you don't have BRC ! -I do not think that you are right. If you were allowed to work before you applied under Settlement Scheme, COA means that you can continue working as before. The only difference that there is no timescale for COA to be valid. For example, before it was valid for 6 months. After six months you would have to show residence card.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes this is what i was thinking . In my COA 8 years ago it mentioned this COA is valid for 6 months from the issued date now the new COA don't say anything like that

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm

@askmeplz82

Couple of questions:

Most likely i will apply on wednesday. You stated that you uploaded 10 documents (6 council tax, 3 birth certificate, 1 expired RC card)

Your RC was expired in 2015? But you submitted council tax documents from 2013 to 2019?

And online system does not allow more than 10 documents? Please advise.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:20 pm

@askmeplz82

I had 2 CoA both of them had a 6 month validity.

New CoA what does it state, can you please paste here if you dont mind please?

Many thanks

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Dear all,

My FTT appeal refused on 1st May and got 14 days to appeal in UT. Should I appeal as well? And apply through new scheme? Both at the same time?

Please advise!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm
@askmeplz82

Couple of questions:

Most likely i will apply on wednesday. You stated that you uploaded 10 documents (6 council tax, 3 birth certificate, 1 expired RC card)

Your RC was expired in 2015? But you submitted council tax documents from 2013 to 2019?

And online system does not allow more than 10 documents? Please advise.

Documents i uploaded online.....

- my expired RC from 2015
- My marriage certificate
- EEA sponsor letter from Tax office from 2014 just for national insurance
- a cover letter
- photocopy of EU sponsor national ID

system checked my national insurance number when i started the application online and it showed i am eligible for settled status so i didn't upload anything to prove my 5 years residency.

NEW COA
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 04.16.35.png
Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 04.16.35.png (398.71 KiB) Viewed 2119 times