ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Premkumar99
BANNED

in person

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:02 pm

first go to work in person

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Called Croydon PEO this afternoon about 2pm on 087060 67766 (after 20 minutes wait) for an appointment to extend my HSMP visa, was informed that they didn't have any appointment until 21st of September and that they didn't know when they will have any information on any appointments available for dates after 21st September. What will be the best time to call?
Moreover the lady I spoke was very pessimistic about submitting application at PEO and was trying to convince me to apply through post. Any idea why?

Sphinxed
Newly Registered

Post by Sphinxed » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

What will be the best time to call?
Start calling by 08:58 AM....you should be able to get through hopefully within 15mins. G/luck.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 pm

No luck even today after waiting for 20 minutes.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Got my T1 general visa approved today in Croydon. Thanks to the useful posts in this board and members who gave me many help and advices . Here i wanna share my experience.

My case is straight forward, but my concern in documents preparation is that my company does not provide formal pay slips, and the company name is not shown on salary payment on bank statement. Finally I have all the pay slips signed and stamped (although I'm not so sure as the stamp of my company does not look like a formal one, either. But anyway it has the company name and date, this was all I can do), and got a letter from my employer with detailed salary breakdown every month for the period claimed, also states that salary is paid into bank account ******** under the reference "*****"(what appears on my bank statement).

I was stuck in the payment section (due to the huge amount of money to be paid, I guess), they had to ring the bank and I was asked some security questions related to my account.
When I move on to 2nd floor my number had already been called and I was sent to a window immediately without waiting. Basically, the officer starts with checking my passport, current leave to remain category with the information they have in their system. Then he went to the check list section of the application form, and asked questions about my age (how many years and months) and qualification (length of study, year of award, etc. although some information can be read from the degree certificate).
After that he checked the 800 pounds maintenance fund and finally the income. He input everything to the point calculator and compared the points with what I claimed.
After all these he told me how many points I got and left to photocopy the documents. When he came back he returned all the original documents to me and told me to come back 2 hours later for passport. I asked him did this mean I got approved, he said yes.
So I went to the shopping centre wandering for 2 hours before coming back to collect my passport.

To be honest, i don't think the caseworker dealing my case is very professional, he did not check the corroboration of bank statements and pay slips very carefully and for the total earnings, he just pointed at the table on the letter from employer and asked me "how much in total?" and then knocked the number I told him into the computer without calculating himself. And looks like he did not sent documents for senior officer's further consideration or reference check (don't know yet, will ask my employer tomorrow).

There were many people queuing outside in the morning, my appointment was at 10, I arrived at about 9:50 (a little bit late 'cause I lost the map I printed before :oops: ) and waited for almost 1 hour before the initial check. If you arrive early plz remember to queue in the row with red line on the ground. The one with blue line is for appointment by post only.

Finally, wish everyone best luck.

Swift
Newly Registered

Post by Swift » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:41 am

Following the system being down a week ago I received my approved passport yesterday. I guess only a week delay is not too bad, so much relief after a previous decline and five months of collecting the required evidence. Frustrating that I had paid for a one day service and got a seven day one but don't think there is anything I can do about that.
At least in two years time I'll be much more prepared for what my next application will entail.

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 am

guys, after the systems were down on 5th august at croydon, i got my passport and documents by post last week, but my visa is stamped untill Aug 5th 2012 i.e from the date i applied august 5th 2009, but my initial visa expires 30th august 2009, shouldn't my visa be given untill 30th august 2012??? plz help

sanak

Post by sanak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Push,

I have an PEO appointment next week I have following query for my earning in need help urgent.

I claiming for 12 Month period in last fifteen Month I have maternity leave within this 15 month for 3 month starting from 1st October08 to 5th January 09.
But i did get a salary for month of January09 Can i claim this month or should i ignore it since five day is missing so i deally i have 12 month payslip with a shortage of 5 days however with this 12 payslip i qualify for points or should i ignore this month and claculate backward.

Please push can you reply urgently...

thanks in advance

sana

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:23 pm

sanak wrote:Hi Push,

I have an PEO appointment next week I have following query for my earning in need help urgent.

I claiming for 12 Month period in last fifteen Month I have maternity leave within this 15 month for 3 month starting from 1st October08 to 5th January 09.
But i did get a salary for month of January09 Can i claim this month or should i ignore it since five day is missing so i deally i have 12 month payslip with a shortage of 5 days however with this 12 payslip i qualify for points or should i ignore this month and claculate backward.

Please push can you reply urgently...

thanks in advance

sana
You should use January Salary. mention it in your cover letter that you resumed your duties on 5/6th Jan and were accordingly paid for 25/24 days during that month. I hope you still get adequate points if you use January earnings?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sanak

Post by sanak » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 am

sana[/quote]You should use January Salary. mention it in your cover letter that you resumed your duties on 5/6th Jan and were accordingly paid for 25/24 days during that month. I hope you still get adequate points if you use January earnings?[/quote]

Thanks push for the guidance its great help yes even if they dont consider Jan salary i still qualify for it ....

Thanks a lot

sanak

Post by sanak » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi push,

I want you to please advice me what would be best in below case as i am confused.

I am apply for HSMP extension under tier 1 as per the guidance they say that for maternity leave they will consider outside 15 month. I am planning to claim for period 05Jan 09 to August 09 and Sept 08 to June 08 which is within the 15 month but still i am writing them to consider materninty absence as the payslip are not consecutive 12 slips.

I am getting worried is since i am already asking them to consider maternity period from 1st oct08 to 5th Jan09. should i ignore january month and ask them to consider from feb 09 to August 09 and Sept 08 to May 08.

Since in Jan 09 i have been paid for 26/27 days but even if i calculate this pay slip i qualify for 35 point and if i ignore this month and ask them to consider outside 15 month still i get 35 points.

Push can you suggest what would be best or should i provide pay slips from May08 and ask them to consider anyway and i qualify.

Please push please help.....
Thanks

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 pm

archman wrote:guys, after the systems were down on 5th august at croydon, i got my passport and documents by post last week, but my visa is stamped untill Aug 5th 2012 i.e from the date i applied august 5th 2009, but my initial visa expires 30th august 2009, shouldn't my visa be given untill 30th august 2012??? plz help
very very scary mate!! this is what i was trying to clarify again and again. i think this extension date is totally depends on LUCK and discretion of case worker. some one applied before 3 months but they get the visa expiry after their current visa expiry. but u applied just few weeks ago but unfortunately you got from the day it is issued.. veru scaryy and frustratingg................

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 pm

sanak wrote:Hi push,

I want you to please advice me what would be best in below case as i am confused.

I am apply for HSMP extension under tier 1 as per the guidance they say that for maternity leave they will consider outside 15 month. I am planning to claim for period 05Jan 09 to August 09 and Sept 08 to June 08 which is within the 15 month but still i am writing them to consider materninty absence as the payslip are not consecutive 12 slips.

I am getting worried is since i am already asking them to consider maternity period from 1st oct08 to 5th Jan09. should i ignore january month and ask them to consider from feb 09 to August 09 and Sept 08 to May 08.

Since in Jan 09 i have been paid for 26/27 days but even if i calculate this pay slip i qualify for 35 point and if i ignore this month and ask them to consider outside 15 month still i get 35 points.

Push can you suggest what would be best or should i provide pay slips from May08 and ask them to consider anyway and i qualify.

Please push please help.....
Thanks
Not sure why are you so worried. For you the period of earning would be: 1 June 08 to 30 Sept 2008 and
5th Jan 2009 to 31 Aug 2009. - Total 12 months. 26 day salary for Jan would be fine as long as you manage to get the points claimed for earnings on this basis.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 pm

archman wrote:guys, after the systems were down on 5th august at croydon, i got my passport and documents by post last week, but my visa is stamped untill Aug 5th 2012 i.e from the date i applied august 5th 2009, but my initial visa expires 30th august 2009, shouldn't my visa be given untill 30th august 2012??? plz help
They should have granted you VISA upto 30th Aug as you applied only 3/4 weeks in advance of expiry of current leave. Get in touch with UKBA to get it rectified. How many days after the initial approval did you enter UK? If it was almost immediately, then you may have some reason to be ok with your VISA validiaty as you can apply 28 days in advance of completing 5 years for ILR (which will chnange to PC later)
regards,
push

sanak

Post by sanak » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks Push for your help....

I have last query for maintenance of fund for dependent does the Account should have the name of my dependant included or its okay to have the name of the Main applicant.

As per the guidance its confusing.

Thanks a lot for your help

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:33 am

Hi push thanks for ur reply. i was already in the uk when i did my initial extension (switched from student).

i am sending my passport with a cover letter (and one photograph) to get this one sorted... just curious to know if anyone else had this error??

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:30 am

archman wrote:Hi push thanks for ur reply. i was already in the uk when i did my initial extension (switched from student).

i am sending my passport with a cover letter (and one photograph) to get this one sorted... just curious to know if anyone else had this error??
Hang on a minute. I dont think there has been as error here. You switched from a non settlement category to settlement category and thats why its valid from the date of approval.

Why are you concerned. Infact its good that its a backdated validity for you as you have already started spending your time towards a 5 years ILR (PR).

When I wrote above I thought you applied for extension from HSMP VISA.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:34 am

sanak wrote:Thanks Push for your help....

I have last query for maintenance of fund for dependent does the Account should have the name of my dependant included or its okay to have the name of the Main applicant.

As per the guidance its confusing.

Thanks a lot for your help
Its ok to have main applicants name. Can you post the relevant portion from guidance which is causing confusion?
regards,
push

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:44 pm

hi push,

mine is an extension from HSMP to tier-1. When i got my initial HSMP approval on 30th Aug 2007, i was already in the UK as a student. This 2 year HSMP period expires 30th Aug 2009, this month. I applied for my Tier-1 extension in croydon on 5th Aug 2009. I got my passport back with an extension untill 5th August 2012, instead of 30th Aug 2012... sorry for confusing you, hope its clear now...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 pm

archman wrote:hi push,

mine is an extension from HSMP to tier-1. When i got my initial HSMP approval on 30th Aug 2007, i was already in the UK as a student. This 2 year HSMP period expires 30th Aug 2009, this month. I applied for my Tier-1 extension in croydon on 5th Aug 2009. I got my passport back with an extension untill 5th August 2012, instead of 30th Aug 2012... sorry for confusing you, hope its clear now...
Sorry i got confused because of the mention of Student VISA- its irrelevant now - forget about it.

I go back to my original position now i.e. you should ask them to reconsider extending your leave from expiry of current leave. Although as one can apply for ILR (PR) 28 days before completing 5 years you should not have any problems unless HO changes things later on.

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am

thanks push, am sending my passport to HO...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 am

archman wrote:thanks push, am sending my passport to HO...
Have you enquired with HO? Have they sent any email confirming where you need to send your passport to? Does the approval covering letter provided any information on what to do if there is any discrepancy in the VISA?

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 pm

no, i didnt email them, but a guy in some other forum had the same issue and he sent his passport with a photograph and he got it sorted...

shinetk9
Newly Registered

when should I call HO for appointment?

Post by shinetk9 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply in person for my HSMP to Tier 1 extension in the first week of OCT 09, can some one let me know when should I call HO for appointment?

push
United Kingdom

Re: when should I call HO for appointment?

Post by push » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

shinetk9 wrote:Hi all,

I am planning to apply in person for my HSMP to Tier 1 extension in the first week of OCT 09, can some one let me know when should I call HO for appointment?
Not sure if that date is still available. They open appointments for the day, 6 weeks in advance which are lapped up almost immediately. So call ASAP
regards,
push