ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Re: Congrats

Post by Bayern Munchen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 pm

AShawna wrote:
Bayern Munchen wrote:Hi there!
Just an update : APPLIED 13 NOVEMBER 2006.Add.doc.requested september 2008,sent october 2008.This morning,23 march 2010 received my approval letter..So,40 months and 10 days.Appointtment in court 7/04/2010.Good luck to all those,who are still waiting.Thanks for all the support and advices folks,and once again GOOD LUCK!!!
Congratulations! Sure feels good to know you are done with all the waiting.
I've sworn my undying love to the state last week :lol:
The next waiting game is for the Nat cert.

Good luck to all.
Thanks a lot,mate! Be absolutely honest,with all the waiting this single word "patience" means a lot to me.Once again,thank U and VIEL GLUCK!

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Just an update : APPLIED 13 NOVEMBER 2006.Add.doc.requested september 2008,sent october 2008.This morning,23 march 2010 received my approval letter..So,40 months and 10 days.Appointtment in court 7/04/2010.Good luck to all those,who are still waiting.Thanks for all the support and advices folks,and once again GOOD LUCK!!!
Congratulations! That was quite the wait!

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi! Bayern Munchen,

congratulations on receiving the letter. After I shed many a tear my solicitor contacted INIS on the phone today and he was told that my approval came through finally but he dies not have the letter yet. I sincerely hope that he can get it soon.

I tentatively booked an appointment at 4 courts for the 15th. I wonder if I can book it in some other court for some other day or does it have to be the court that deals with our area? I live in Stillorgan.

Furthermore, I know the naturalisation cert processing takes a lot of time. Based on your experience can I get it in 6 weeks?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Congrats mate. Well done. Relief for you at last

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm

mad wrote:Hi! Bayern Munchen,

congratulations on receiving the letter. After I shed many a tear my solicitor contacted INIS on the phone today and he was told that my approval came through finally but he dies not have the letter yet. I sincerely hope that he can get it soon.

I tentatively booked an appointment at 4 courts for the 15th. I wonder if I can book it in some other court for some other day or does it have to be the court that deals with our area? I live in Stillorgan.

Furthermore, I know the naturalisation cert processing takes a lot of time. Based on your experience can I get it in 6 weeks?
Well well well!!! Mad, Congrats in advance of the arrival of your letter mate. Pls drop in with the good news when it eventually arrives. Am sure you can write a book now on what it means to be relieved :lol: :lol:

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:36 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Congrats mate. Well done. Relief for you at last

9j
Thanks a lot 9gerian. Based on my solicitor's corresspondence over the past few days I was loosing hope. But I m delighted it was all sorted. My solicitor or I have yet to receive a written letter with yellow form yet. Can someone advise regarding expediting the oath process?

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks 9gerian. I sure can write a small book alright :) goodness gracious the INIS is as straight as a cork talk to.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 am

mad wrote:Thanks 9gerian. I sure can write a small book alright :) goodness gracious the INIS is as straight as a cork talk to.

Hey MAD

I'll put it this way....Clear your mind, dont allow any negative thoughts and ONCE again read what Nanette and 9jerian said. Those two write ups make lot of sense.

You are paranoid for no reason, and it happened in my case too, they keep telling me that my application was sent to minister, and one fine day they told me that its in the final stage and has to be submitted to minister for decision. I dont know her name, but this elderly lady INIS answered my call and I told her that mine was pending for submission ti minister from last 6 weeks...and i dont know what she has done....as she took some time to verify and she told me that she would ring me back later in the day. True to her words she rang me around 3PM and told me that she sent my application to the minister ON THAT day itself.

Please ring INIS and talk politely and tell your situation that your file has been waiting for submission from last couple of months and I'm sure if the receiver is good enough one, they would do it. Ask them to ring you back if possible, most of them would agree with out any hesitation.

Dont worry man...its almost there, just matter of time !!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 am

If you qualify for citizenship then "your files will be sent to the minister".
If you don't qualify then INIS will respond to you at that level and not the minister level.

So if your files are sent to the minister then be patient and wait for that LETTER.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

mad

Yippie! Got it mates!!!

Post by mad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:00 am

Hi mates,

I got my approval letter in hand today. I want to thank 9gerian, deception-shy, nanette, jakli and many others who took the time to offer me kind words of support. I must say you guys as a group are amazing and thank you so much for your support.

My time lines are:

Applied: Sept. 2006.
Acknowledged: Oct. 2006.
Further documents: Nov. 2008.
Sent: Dec 2008.
Sent my previous 5 years pay slips, P60 and P21 forms along with letter from Garda stating I had no crimes and a letter from Social Welfare in Sept/Oct 2009.
Sent to the minister: Early february (date not given)
Approval: verbally acknowledged on 23rd and received by my solicitor on 25th of March 2010.
Court date for oath: 15th of April.

In the end I want to thank my solicitor for the tens of letters, umpteen phone calls to INIS and everything else.

Cheers,

Mad.

AShawna

Re: Yippie! Got it mates!!!

Post by AShawna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 am

mad wrote:Hi mates,

I got my approval letter in hand today. I want to thank 9gerian, deception-shy, nanette, jakli and many others who took the time to offer me kind words of support. I must say you guys as a group are amazing and thank you so much for your support.

My time lines are:

Sent my previous 5 years pay slips, P60 and P21 forms along with letter from Garda stating I had no crimes and a letter from Social Welfare in Sept/Oct 2009.
Approval: verbally acknowledged on 23rd and received by my solicitor on 25th of March 2010.

In the end I want to thank my solicitor for the tens of letters, umpteen phone calls to INIS and everything else.

Cheers,

Mad.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Irish? Irish Mad? LOL!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am

My time lines are:

Cheers,

Mad.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Happy for you mate! Congratulations at last.

9j

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 pm

My time lines are:

Cheers,

Mad.
Hey MAD

CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D

Waiting is over eventually, I'm happy for you !!

mad

Post by mad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks a lot Ashawna and 9gerian. I am highly obliged.

Cheers guys.

Any luck with your cert guys?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

mad wrote:Thanks a lot Ashawna and 9gerian. I am highly obliged.

Cheers guys.

Any luck with your cert guys?
You are welcome mate.

BTW, Go have yourself a pint or two (remember to drink one to Irish Tom too) :wink:. You have plenty of time to worry about certs later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mad

Post by mad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Dear Ashawna,

Ha ha. Mad Irish is good. I meant mad: angry and not mad: crazy. Ha ha. Cheers 9gerian I deserve a pint :) will be out celebrating tonight.

Good luck guys.

Cherio

crown

Post by crown » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

My time lines are:

Cheers,

Mad.
Mad
Great news
Congrats
Quite encouraging

HOTSPURS

Citizenship timeline tracker

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:24 am

As Mad suggests, will a letter from Garda suffice? if that's the case, noone needs to wait for the notorious garda report for months.. if the local garda gives us an 'all clear' letter, would it speed up matters?

Deception-shy

Re: Citizenship timeline tracker

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am

HOTSPURS wrote:As Mad suggests, will a letter from Garda suffice? if that's the case, noone needs to wait for the notorious garda report for months.. if the local garda gives us an 'all clear' letter, would it speed up matters?
Hi HOTSPURS

I dont think a GARDA Criminal Check report would do the job. I had to wait for one long year for GARDA report and eventually INIS had to send reminder to GARDA to send my report. IN Between, I applied for Garda report from Central Garda Vetting, which is located in Tipparary and for that we need to take out DD or Postal order for 7 euro something. Central Garda Vetting sent me report in 3 weeks time and subsequently I sent the same report to INIS, but they did not considered that. They told me that they would prefer to receive report internally in relation to the GARDA criminal check. They told this info on phone when i ranged them not by written.

But MAD has to respond on this, there might be some change in the process in the last 2 months. If that is the case then we dont have to wait for GARDA report which takes huge amount of time !

Good luck mate..

mad

Post by mad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:As Mad suggests, will a letter from Garda suffice? if that's the case, noone needs to wait for the notorious garda report for months.. if the local garda gives us an 'all clear' letter, would it speed up matters?
Hi HOTSPURS

I dont think a GARDA Criminal Check report would do the job. I had to wait for one long year for GARDA report and eventually INIS had to send reminder to GARDA to send my report. IN Between, I applied for Garda report from Central Garda Vetting, which is located in Tipparary and for that we need to take out DD or Postal order for 7 euro something. Central Garda Vetting sent me report in 3 weeks time and subsequently I sent the same report to INIS, but they did not considered that. They told me that they would prefer to receive report internally in relation to the GARDA criminal check. They told this info on phone when i ranged them not by written.

But MAD has to respond on this, there might be some change in the process in the last 2 months. If that is the case then we dont have to wait for GARDA report which takes huge amount of time !

Good luck mate..
Hi Guys,

It took me 42 months to get approval. There are plenty of guys here who got their approval in almost half of the time that I spent waiting. Therefore, based on the advice that I received from my friends on this forum I sent the Garda report but I don't think it made any difference.

All the guys that applied around the time that I applied got their approvals recently or are about to receive their approvals. So I strongly feel that my efforts did not make an iota of difference albeit they didnt delay anything either. SO i dont think there is any harm in doing this.

Hope this answers you guys.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:16 pm

They usually accept "Social Welfare" cert from us, but i'm not sue about GARDA report, but as MAD said, nothing wrong in sending one to them. Eventually they might start accepting this as well.

Ranged INIS on thursday 25th of March, and the same message from other end "Sent to Minister" :cry: :cry:

Its been 8 weeks now and still waiting :!:

mad

Post by mad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi! Deception-Shy,

I fully understand your pain. You must be feeling very frustrated. But do not despair. Hang in there. I am fully convinced that you are about to hear the good news pretty soon.

Cheers.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 am

AShawna wrote:

My time lines are:

Cheers,

Mad.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Irish? Irish Mad? LOL!
Congrats
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 am

mad wrote:Hi! Deception-Shy,

I fully understand your pain. You must be feeling very frustrated. But do not despair. Hang in there. I am fully convinced that you are about to hear the good news pretty soon.

Cheers.
haha well said. :P

Always hope for the best.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

mad

Post by mad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 am

Cheers Tim555