ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Advice please!

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm

endlesswait wrote:My school is trying to cut my joy short :oops: ,after a relief from my 8months depression.
They are threating fire and brimstone to report me to UKBA because of my enability to make my monthly £700 payment plan. I have paid upto £7000 and £3000 remaining and am finishing my course in 3Months.
What implications will it have on my newly born spouse visa and future dealings with UKBA?
PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!
What visa did you switched from? With your brief I can sense that you've switched from Student?

Coming to point, they can do what ever they want, doesn't affect you or your visa as your T&C have now changed. You are no more a student and are not obliged to attend your School/College whatsoever. So, don't upset yourselves and just jump up high.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

DieselD wrote:
mishfitt wrote:i feel a bit lost now ive got my BRP back! ive been checking almost daily on here since september! feel like somethings missing now!

good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who have got theirs, also a BIG thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way :D
Study for your Life in the Uk Test as you'll need that next. Lucky for you Aussie is an English speaking country so no English Test. Unlike others who were born in the colonies and only speak English and still have to do the test. Lucky I only speak English as I would hate to learn it. It is such a jumbled up language.
Do we have to pass a english test for ILR? I thought only Life in the UK test.

endlesswait
Newly Registered

Post by endlesswait » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
endlesswait wrote:My school is trying to cut my joy short :oops: ,after a relief from my 8months depression.
They are threating fire and brimstone to report me to UKBA because of my enability to make my monthly £700 payment plan. I have paid upto £7000 and £3000 remaining and am finishing my course in 3Months.
What implications will it have on my newly born spouse visa and future dealings with UKBA?
PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!
What visa did you switched from? With your brief I can sense that you've switched from Student?

Coming to point, they can do what ever they want, doesn't affect you or your visa as your T&C have now changed. You are no more a student and are not obliged to attend your School/College whatsoever. So, don't upset yourselvmes and just jump up high.[/q

Thanks damanisshallo for your quick response and your useful marks on this forum.
Yea switched from student. And remains the best student academically in my department, but my international office can be very unreasonable. I know I have to pay my fees, but family life have taken a big bite from my pocket , making it hard for me to put dowm £700 each month on fees.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm

SJ_2013 wrote:
DieselD wrote:
mishfitt wrote:i feel a bit lost now ive got my BRP back! ive been checking almost daily on here since september! feel like somethings missing now!

good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who have got theirs, also a BIG thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way :D
Study for your Life in the Uk Test as you'll need that next. Lucky for you Aussie is an English speaking country so no English Test. Unlike others who were born in the colonies and only speak English and still have to do the test. Lucky I only speak English as I would hate to learn it. It is such a jumbled up language.
Yes, I should imagine by the time you qualify for ILR your English must be at level B1. Research the UKBA website for the level of English and bear in mind they keep changing it.
Last edited by DieselD on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 pm

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!
your stay here is no longer under student terms i.e you can drop out now if you really want to

endlesswait
Newly Registered

Post by endlesswait » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 pm

egoneo wrote:
PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!
your stay here is no longer under student terms i.e you can drop out now if you really want to
Thanks for your response egoneo.... won't UKBA think that I discontinued my studies because of my new status? And I can't give up my certificate after paying £7000 and 4 years studies.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

DieselD wrote:
SJ_2013 wrote:
DieselD wrote:

Yes, I should imagine by the time you qualify for ILR your English must be at level B1. Research the UKBA website for the level of English and bear in mind they keep changing it.
I phoned Cambridge and they say new English Level rules will be changed in October 2013.

Phemy
Newly Registered

Post by Phemy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello All
I have been a silent reader and listener to all this issues with FLR-M. what a pain it is.
We applied in end october 2012
Ackonowledgement received 1st week Nov
Request for further docs on 22/02/2013
Docs sen on 02/03/2013
Passport and docs returned on 06/03/2013
BRP received today

We applied for FLR-m, we need an extra month to make our stay 2 years for ILR

Well, it looks like they have their acts together now because our was a staright forward case

Wish you all the best and it was nice reading everyones experience, it made me hopeful

No more postal applications now

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

endlesswait wrote:And remains the best student academically in my department, but my international office can be very unreasonable. I know I have to pay my fees, but family life have taken a big bite from my pocket , making it hard for me to put dowm £700 each month on fees.
ALG @ Page 6 wrote:If you’re eligible for ALG, you can get up to £30 a week while you’re studying – around £1,000 a year – to help pay for things like travel, books and materials for your course.

Do I have to pay the money back?
No. But you do have to attend your course regularly and follow your learning provider’s requirements. If you don’t, ALG will be stopped.

What to do next
To find out more about ALG and to get an application pack: speak to the student services adviser at your college or learning provider – some may be able to help you to fill in the forms;

call the Learner Support Helpline on 0800 121 8989; or find out more at http://www.direct.gov.uk/alg (where you can also email or book a callback with a learndirect adviser).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 pm

DieselD wrote:
DieselD wrote:
SJ_2013 wrote:
DieselD wrote:
I phoned Cambridge and they say new English Level rules will be changed in October 2013.
I understand rules changes, but as of now nowhere it says in UKBA about English test for ILR unless I missed something. And how do you know my English would be Level B1?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

endlesswait wrote:
egoneo wrote:
PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!
Thanks for your response egoneo.... won't UKBA think that I discontinued my studies because of my new status? And I can't give up my certificate after paying £7000 and 4 years studies.

you shouldn't give up your studies, but your right of stay as of now is not based on your studies. I.e if you decided to move to another instutution or decided to study again in the future you dont need all that CAS and tier bullshit. The ukba cant kick you out if you drop out.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 pm

SJ_2013 wrote:
DieselD wrote:
DieselD wrote:
SJ_2013 wrote:
I understand rules changes, but as of now nowhere it says in UKBA about English test for ILR unless I missed something. And how do you know my English would be Level B1?
After October 2013 the rules for English will change. I guess if will affect new applicants more then older ones. Those on the new 5 years to ILR will most likely have to do an English Test at greater level ESOL A1 after October 2013.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 pm

DieselD wrote:
SJ_2013 wrote:
DieselD wrote:
DieselD wrote:
After October 2013 the rules for English will change. I guess if will affect new applicants more then older ones. Those on the new 5 years to ILR will most likely have to do an English Test at greater level ESOL A1 after October 2013.
I have found this in the UKBA website

... From October 2013 all applicants applying for indefinite leave to remain will need
to pass the Knowledge of Life in the UK test and a B1 English language ...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

That's correct.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

@endlesswait it will worth nothing if after how many years you have put in in your school to drop out of school,that you married is a bonus to you but your qualification can put food on your table and a lot to make your marriage better but don't forget that if you didn't finish you will regret the decision you take one day ,I don't know the country you came from but just know that education is the key,my advice is take your visa to your international office and show them then you won't be place under student visa then you can arrange how you will pay them but remember your visa might say no recourse to public fund if they write it off for you it might affect your indefinite you never can say if they will write ukba and you still have one more huddle to cross ,also whenever you look at your certificate you will proud of your ability ,I did bimolecular medicine in my msc and was a best student when they call me for award my wife came out to join me in my graduation stage,she was happy just know UK want the best,be wise in your decision ,don't collect public fund till your indefinite stay if you wish to do so.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm

@endlesswait your certificate can take you round the world unless you have limit your ambition just to marry a british girl is your goal,your certificate can give you job here to keep you here even if things fall apart tomorrow with your wife ,tomorrow you may decide to go back to your country and become an asset not a liability ,your wife will respect you more when she feels your not depending on her but she on you ,my dear friend strive to finish your school even if you had to pay through your nose at least your not under student visa again ,am doing three jobs and my wife knew I don't depend on her and she does everything to keep me if it was vis visa I will be the one on a begging knees always I Hope it will make sense to you

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

ATLAST

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Atlast............... i got my documents back.... (seven months of waiting)!!! Since there was no letter of Refusal, I assume my FLR is through. Waiting for BRP Card.

I really dont understand ...what on earth stop them(UKBA) to write a clear letter that your application is successful and you have be granted so and so visa.....

Anyway, I thank the forum and its member for all their support and advice.
Special thanks to the member who made the Skydrive excell Sheet.

Hope the temporary migration team is doing a good job. All the best all the members who are waiting.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Applied/Docs sent: 03/08/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 09/08/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:20/11/2012 ( sent to my old address and luckly found on 09/12/2012
Date Biometrics Given in Post office :10/12/2012
Letter dt 10 Feb 2013 asking for my spouse passport. (again they have sent to my old address )
Spouse passport sent on 28 Feb 2013 on Special Delivery and found received by Sheffield office on 1 Mar 2013 by 7:00 am (?)
Received my Doc on 07-Mar -2013
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

lynnae
Newly Registered

adding column to skydrive

Post by lynnae » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Would it be worth adding a column to the skydrive table for the date biometrics card was received?

I just ask because I've just received mine, but no paperwork/passports have been returned yet.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Phemy wrote:Hello All
I have been a silent reader and listener to all this issues with FLR-M. what a pain it is.
We applied in end october 2012
Ackonowledgement received 1st week Nov
Request for further docs on 22/02/2013
Docs sen on 02/03/2013
Passport and docs returned on 06/03/2013
BRP received today

We applied for FLR-m, we need an extra month to make our stay 2 years for ILR

Well, it looks like they have their acts together now because our was a staright forward case

Wish you all the best and it was nice reading everyones experience, it made me hopeful

No more postal applications now

Hi ...... How did you get your BRP..?. Was it by recorded delivery or by DX courier..?. I too have the similar problem like yours , paid for FLRM application for 4 months to complete 2 years and I got qualified by Jan 2013.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

===TAMILMARAN===

nats

FLRm help

Post by nats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi, I just received ILR based on 10 years. I want to apply for my wife FLR(m). My wife is in UK since June 2010.

My wife's application got refused due to my stupid lawyer. He applied for my wife as dependent on same form SET(O). Even I told him that the form is FLR(m). He said no u both can apply on the same form. Now UKBA refused my wife's visa and refusal letter states
"""'Secretary of State is not satisfied that variation of leave is being sought for a purpose covered by Immigration Rules. Therefor your application is refused under paragraph 322(1) of the immigration rules with reference to (HC395) as amended. You are not entitled to appeal as you have still leave to enter or remain and so is entitled to stay here"""'
The weired thing is they did not returned my wife's visa card back. And weiredest thing is mine and my wife's existing visa was going to expire back in August 2012. So we applied in July 2012. UKBA gone totally mad.

My lawyer said we can challenge ukba and ask them to grant discretionaary leave for ur wife. but after that? should we have to apply FLR(M) after discretionary leave? or we can apply ILR for her after discretion? i dont trust my lawyer anymore. I paid huge fee to him and still have some remaing amout to pay. Has anyone been in this sitation or know anything about it. What should I do now? Should I make fresh application of FLR(M). What are the requirements for FLR(M) like funds etc. I was been on student visa and was not working full time so dont funds and just been granted ILR.
Also what supporting documents should i send. do i need to send my BRP card or passport with her application?

Phemy
Newly Registered

Post by Phemy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 am

@ tamilmaran

BRP was by DX courier and it came through yesterday before noon
congrats :D

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 am

kings76 wrote:@endlesswait your certificate can take you round the world unless you have limit your ambition just to marry a british girl is your goal,your certificate can give you job here to keep you here even if things fall apart tomorrow with your wife ,tomorrow you may decide to go back to your country and become an asset not a liability ,your wife will respect you more when she feels your not depending on her but she on you ,my dear friend strive to finish your school even if you had to pay through your nose at least your not under student visa again ,am doing three jobs and my wife knew I don't depend on her and she does everything to keep me if it was vis visa I will be the one on a begging knees always I Hope it will make sense to you

I know its not a forum for Wife and Husband counselling,,.... But what I get from your post is:

Wife is not Permanent... but a Certificate is... is that correct

Only Joking mate...

Saanju

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am

Phemy wrote:@ tamilmaran

BRP was by DX courier and it came through yesterday before noon
congrats :D
Thanks mate. Got my BRP card today. The envelope was inserted in my door by 8:00 am. I cant find out how it came. ....??

===TAMILMARAN===

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

My Time line..... & Learings..

Post by tamilmaran » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am

MY TIMELINE & LEARNINGS
--------------------------------

Date Applied/Docs sent: 03/08/2012

Date Received Ack. Letter: 09/08/2012

Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:20/11/2012 ( sent to my old address and luckily found on 09/12/2012

Date Biometrics Given in Post office :10/12/2012
Letter dt 10 Feb 2013 asking for my spouse passport. (again they have sent to my old address )

Spouse passport sent on 28 Feb 2013 on Special Delivery and found received by Sheffield office on 1 Mar 2013 by 7:00 am (??)
Received my Doc on 07-Mar -2013 (did not expected to be delivered in my new address )

BRP Received on 08-Mar-2013 by 8:00 am. (did not expected to be delivered in my new address )

All my wait is over, now need to start for my ILR...

-----------------------------
The following are the learnings I have learnt with UKBA..........

1) Processing a FLR(M) is maximum of 7 days.
2) UKBA can do deliver better service, but dont want to....
3) Nobody can influence, follow up, make UKBA to work ....
4) You should be really lucky to get your Visa in a normal time with 200% proper documents
5) Following up with MP does not make any difference. ( In my case my earlier MP send a starus update mail that UKBA has sent a letter for my bio metrics )
6) Calling up UKBA customer care line is total waste of money and time.
7) UKBA does not have a system . Customer care officials have no idea on your applications.
8) following forums like immigrationboard.com, gives you real inputs and makes you feel comfortable that you are not the only one left alone...8)

All the best Friends......!!!

===TAMILMARAN===

nats

Re: FLRm help

Post by nats » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am

anyone?
nats wrote:Hi, I just received ILR based on 10 years. I want to apply for my wife FLR(m). My wife is in UK since June 2010.

My wife's application got refused due to my stupid lawyer. He applied for my wife as dependent on same form SET(O). Even I told him that the form is FLR(m). He said no u both can apply on the same form. Now UKBA refused my wife's visa and refusal letter states
"""'Secretary of State is not satisfied that variation of leave is being sought for a purpose covered by Immigration Rules. Therefor your application is refused under paragraph 322(1) of the immigration rules with reference to (HC395) as amended. You are not entitled to appeal as you have still leave to enter or remain and so is entitled to stay here"""'
The weired thing is they did not returned my wife's visa card back. And weiredest thing is mine and my wife's existing visa was going to expire back in August 2012. So we applied in July 2012. UKBA gone totally mad.

My lawyer said we can challenge ukba and ask them to grant discretionaary leave for ur wife. but after that? should we have to apply FLR(M) after discretionary leave? or we can apply ILR for her after discretion? i dont trust my lawyer anymore. I paid huge fee to him and still have some remaing amout to pay. Has anyone been in this sitation or know anything about it. What should I do now? Should I make fresh application of FLR(M). What are the requirements for FLR(M) like funds etc. I was been on student visa and was not working full time so dont funds and just been granted ILR.
Also what supporting documents should i send. do i need to send my BRP card or passport with her application?