ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 pm

I was asked for more documents on the 9th March and I sent all the additional documents requested on Saturday.

My letter was dated 28th Feb, but I just received the letter on the 9th March. I still do not want to believe UKBA select the most inefficient way to contact applicants---by second class post. What is a joke!

I submitted my application on the 2nd Nov

gow
Newly Registered

Post by gow » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Could anyone help me please.
I am applying for FLR(M) under new rule by next week. My husband is waiting for ILR result. We are married couple living with 2 UK born children. Do I need to submit a tenancy agreement with my application. There is a question on FLR(M) that how many rooms are in the accommodation where we are living.
Thank you.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:29 pm

gow wrote:Could anyone help me please.
I am applying for FLR(M) under new rule by next week. My husband is waiting for ILR result. We are married couple living with 2 UK born children. Do I need to submit a tenancy agreement with my application. There is a question on FLR(M) that how many rooms are in the accommodation where we are living. Thank you.
Yes, you do. However you need not add your children in your application unless you are aiming to travel in the near future rather can make MN1 application for your children once your husband gets his ILR granted.

What visa are you on currently and why do you think you'd be under new rules?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

chquin
Newly Registered

Post by chquin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:02 pm

freedomuk wrote:I got my document back today !!! 30 months leave to Remain granted:)

When my partner rang me that document back, i was absolutly astonished. It's so unbelievable as I thought It was going to take 6 months.

I am glad that the UKBA is improving its efficiency, not sure i am just lucky or what.

Still waiting for my BRP and hopefully it will arrive soon, I gonna book ticket to visit my baby nephews and family.

Thanks for great support from this forum as I know I am not alone and the only one to do this. I hope everyone will get their visa ASAP, best wishes!
wow! congratulations.. i remember we submitted around the same time. best wishes with everything!!

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Post by freedomuk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am

chquin wrote: wow! congratulations.. i remember we submitted around the same time. best wishes with everything!!
I was so scared and excited when my partner rang, the feeling was just complicated, refused? approved? He couldn't stop laughing and read the letter twice that the application has been approved. I even asked him to send me pictures of the letter.

I believe you will receive your result soon, let me know when you get any update!

lynnae
Newly Registered

final dates

Post by lynnae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello,

I've just received an email from my representative that they've received all the paperwork and passports back so, looks like the process is now finished for me, so here's the final timeline and some information about what was sent to whom:

Tier 1 general to Unmarried partners

Applied - 22/1/2013 (sent by Rep)
Acknowledgement - 29/1/2013 (sent to me)
Biometric Invitation - 14/2/2013 (sent to both me and Rep, though was told it's normally only sent to Rep)
Biometrics taken - 15/2/2013
BRP received - 7/3/2013 (dated 5/3/2013) (sent to Rep, though was told it normally is sent directly to applicant)
Documents received - 11/3/2013 (sent to Rep)

Going to be nice to put the photos back in their collages. The blank spaces have been unsettling!

kokomarine
Newly Registered

Post by kokomarine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Many congrats to people who got theirs so quickly!
I applied last Nov but haven't even received Biometric invitation yet.
Finally got through to UKBA on the phone, but they keep saying I just need to wait.
I thought the sooner I apply the sooner I will get the visa so I did it as soon as we got married, but no how wrong I was! :(

Syrus
Newly Registered

Post by Syrus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Seems that the UK Border Agency are speeding things up!! My visa consultant has just informed me that my application has been approved:

FLR(M) application
Date of submission: 15/12/2012
Acknowledgement letter: 18/12/2012
Biometric request letter: 29/01/2013
Biometric done: 04/02/2013
Approval date: 07/03/2013
Document return: 08/03/2013

Changed from Tier 1 (General) Migrant to Unmarried Partner FLR(M)

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Post by freedomuk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Received my biometric residence permit this morning, hooray :)

I switched to FLRM from Tier 1 PSW.

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Very pleased for those who are getting their visas back so soon. However I am getting impatient with this long wait. I just wish the dilemma will be over soon.

Now we can really tell that it is just down to the Case Worker that is handling your application, definitely not by Biometric Enrolment date.

Fingers crossed, i give them two weeks (no pressure, but for an October application and an early Jan biometric) i think it should be here now.....
Syrus wrote:Seems that the UK Border Agency are speeding things up!! My visa consultant has just informed me that my application has been approved:

FLR(M) application
Date of submission: 15/12/2012
Acknowledgement letter: 18/12/2012
Biometric request letter: 29/01/2013
Biometric done: 04/02/2013
Approval date: 07/03/2013
Document return: 08/03/2013

Changed from Tier 1 (General) Migrant to Unmarried Partner FLR(M)
God's divine child

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Post by andrew_walker » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi all, bad news for us today, we got refused.

To be honest it was our own stupid fault, we were quite naive when we applied. My wife originally came to England as a visitor, and so for this reason she was refused. In our rush to apply we hadn't considered the importance of this part. It was only after we sent off our documents and read everything in more detail that we began to realise the weight of this, so a refusal was to be expected. But of course we still hoped for the best.

An expensive lesson learned!

I can only apologise for any delay we have possibly caused to others.
But it looks like things are starting to pick up, so wishing everyone their wait over soon!! :-)

Regards
Andrew

lekmat01
Newly Registered

very sad news

Post by lekmat01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 pm

@andrew_walker very sad to hear the news about your wife refusal letter,Does your wife has a child for you?Because I came here as a visitor but has a British son for my wife as she was a British citizen but was granted limited leave to remain last month.Can you please tell me your story

Heather3687
Newly Registered

BRP received

Post by Heather3687 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Does anyone have experience of a long delay between receiving the BRP and the supporting documents?

On Saturday 2 March I received my BRP following an attempted delivery by DX earlier than week. My documents still haven't appeared - does anyone have a similar experience?

The other strange thing is that my BRP was dated 7 February 2013, which was two days short of six months from the date of my application, yet they did not attempt delivery until a couple of weeks later.

This suggests to me that UKBA backdated the BRP to be able to say it was processed within six months. Notably, I called UKBA on 8 and 11 February 2013 to ask whether they would let me back into the UK if I were to leave on an emergency US passport to attend my grandfather's funeral. In both calls they told me that they couldn't tell me the status of my application as it was processing and it had not yet been six months since receipt of the application. Any similar backdating experiences? Needless to say, I didn't go to the funeral.

DieselD

Re: BRP received

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 am

Heather3687 wrote:Does anyone have experience of a long delay between receiving the BRP and the supporting documents?

On Saturday 2 March I received my BRP following an attempted delivery by DX earlier than week. My documents still haven't appeared - does anyone have a similar experience?

The other strange thing is that my BRP was dated 7 February 2013, which was two days short of six months from the date of my application, yet they did not attempt delivery until a couple of weeks later.

This suggests to me that UKBA backdated the BRP to be able to say it was processed within six months. Notably, I called UKBA on 8 and 11 February 2013 to ask whether they would let me back into the UK if I were to leave on an emergency US passport to attend my grandfather's funeral. In both calls they told me that they couldn't tell me the status of my application as it was processing and it had not yet been six months since receipt of the application. Any similar backdating experiences? Needless to say, I didn't go to the funeral.
They must be manipulating figures. I think they also complete a few applications for each month to improve turn around statistics. Also deliberately not taking payments forcing visas to expire and ultimate refusals.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Re: BRP received

Post by strayaleprechaun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 am

DieselD wrote:
Heather3687 wrote:Does anyone have experience of a long delay between receiving the BRP and the supporting documents?

They must be manipulating figures. I think they also complete a few applications for each month to improve turn around statistics. Also deliberately not taking payments forcing visas to expire and ultimate refusals.
@Heather3687 I'm afraid I don't have any light to shed on the manipulative, inner workings of the UKBA. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that this happened to you and you weren't able to attend your grandfather's funeral. It must have been so upsetting for you.

I also experienced the death of a much loved grandparent when I was more than a longhaul flight away, and know how difficult it can be. I am sorry for your loss and hope you were able to say goodbye to your grandfather in your own way.

When you are feeling up to it, I really would make a formal complaint regarding your situation. Also, there are a couple of links on here to sympathetic journalists - I really think the UK should know how their government is treating their own citizens and their loved ones.

I hope you can have some peace now. Best wishes.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: FLR(m) requirements

Post by tamilmaran » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:37 am

[quote="nats"]Thanks Damani, In NARIC assesment I should go for "Statement of Comparability" or "English Language Assessment" or both? This forum is so silent and no one with past experience answers except u :(
In NARIC requirements for "English Language Assessment" it asks to send documents including 'evidence of the medium of instruction of your study'. How to prove that medium was English? Its not written on degree or transcript.

Dear nats.
I differ with Damanisshallo...

1) Please check once again in UKNARIC site, whether they consider Master degreee. If I am right they consider Bachelors degree only.

2) You need to go for " English Language Assessment" .that is what the UKBA requirement for your wife's visa whether she has at least ESOL level-1 ( English knowledge ).

UK NARIC's English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:

to confirm whether an individual's approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1)
to confirm whether your degree has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... ts/ELA.pdf

3) A Statement of Comparability states, in English, what your overseas qualifications equate to in the UK.

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... ts/SoC.pdf

You dont worry about how do they know, it is taught in English. They have their means for verifying. ( I have attached mark list where all the subjects were written in English )

The information provided is for FLR(M) application only, and I did the same and got my VISA.

Do ask , if you need more help and I am happy to help

All the Best ....
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 am

tamilmaran wrote:Please check once again in UKNARIC site, whether they consider Master degreee. If I am right they consider Bachelors degree only.
Yes, you could be right. I am bit naive in this matter as I come from a place where Bachelors degree is evident when someone holds a Masters.

I know an Australian (Shane Warne) was awarded a Doctorate at my University without a Bachelors/Masters
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

treb78
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by treb78 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi all,

Is there any legitimate phone number/contact address for chasing up applications that have been held beyond 6 months? All I can find is phone numbers with recorded messages with no instruction for applicants who have endured the incompetencies of the UKBA for longer than 6 months.

Thanks people.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Still waiting

Post by tamilmaran » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 pm

treb78 wrote:Hi all,

Is there any legitimate phone number/contact address for chasing up applications that have been held beyond 6 months? All I can find is phone numbers with recorded messages with no instruction for applicants who have endured the incompetencies of the UKBA for longer than 6 months.

Thanks people.
You can reach them... by the same number by pressing continuously 9 , but there is no use... you have to wait patiently... no go.....

I am sure, things are improving and be positive.......

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2800
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

sarara
Newly Registered

Post by sarara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't know how to update the skydrive, but just wanted to let everyone know that I got my approval+documents in the post today with BRP to follow. I applied on 27/28 Jan, received approval today, dated 11 March. There is hope yet for UKBA getting things done in a timely fashion!

Thanks everyone for the work permit advice a few days ago, and Good luck everyone still waiting :)

(mind was a switch from tier 4 student to FLR(M))

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
I know an Australian (Shane Warne) was awarded a Doctorate at my University without a Bachelors/Masters
then you should have gone to the "southampton uni not the original one"...(joke)

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:08 pm

sarara wrote:I don't know how to update the skydrive, but just wanted to let everyone know that I got my approval+documents in the post today with BRP to follow. I applied on 27/28 Jan, received approval today, dated 11 March. There is hope yet for UKBA getting things done in a timely fashion!

Thanks everyone for the work permit advice a few days ago, and Good luck everyone still waiting :)

(mind was a switch from tier 4 student to FLR(M))
That's called a miracle.... anyways...good luck

DieselD

Re: Still waiting

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

treb78 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks people.
Phone 08706067766 option 4 then option 2. You may have to phone several times until they log you into standby for 20 minutes.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

IAMSOMEONE
Newly Registered

Post by IAMSOMEONE » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi - I have not received the Biometric just yet. Strange?

------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I have received my passport and docs this morning..

Timeline as follow;-

Date Applied/Docs sent: 18/10/12
Payment deducted: 26/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 30/10/12
Biometrics taken; 03/01/13
Docs Received: 01/03/13
Biometric: to follow..

sib666
Newly Registered

time line for FLRM

Post by sib666 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Hello,

I was silent reader of this forum I would like to share my time line for Flrm.

Postal Application submited from Tier 1 General to FLR-M
21st Dec 2012
Biomatrix done
5th Feb 2013
Documents and passport missed delievery
9th March 2013
Documents and passport collection from postoffice
11th March 2013
visa issue date
06th March 2013
Biomatrix card Recieved
11th March 2013

Surprised to see quick response from UKBA.