ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oct2011

Re: ILR application waiting time - 5 years route

Post by oct2011 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Sara2012 wrote:I can't believe what you're saying really and I usually ignore childish comments but I am kind of fed up. I have not criticized anyone and I have not told anyone what to do. But you have obviously chosen to take offense at what I said. I said I thought it was pointless, that it just delayed their work on our visas further and that it makes your wait even harder and more frustrating. And yes, I couldn't believe people are moaning about holidays. Hello, you are a foreigner in this country and asking for them to give you permanent residence, how big a decision is that in your life to moan about holidays? Maybe I am too responsible or too grown up, maybe. Maybe I got real problems and real reasons to complain if I wanted to (two heavily ill members of my closest family living abroad) and maybe that's why my priorities are different and why a holiday is the last thing on my mind. Maybe, but I still am in the same position as you and everybody else here and I am on your side guys, no need to jump on me. I just want to be winner in most situations and in some situations it only happens if you keep your dignity and your cool, for me at least. I fight ALWAYS when I know it might be worthwhile. If you knew me personally you'd know I am the one who never sits back and hides. But I am not rushing into fire either, cuz it's just plain stupid.
Now if you felt complaining was your choice and way to go, go ahead with it. If it doesn't make you angry that they don't take your complaints seriously, then again, go ahead. Me personally, it makes me furious which is why I don't wanna go there. Good luck with your complaints, and I mean it! I don't mind anyone of you doing it, I never said I could or would tell someone what to do. I expressed my opinion on what I think is wisest place to be in this situation. If you can't take the truth, it is your problem and please do not stress out on me.

I apologize to everyone else for spilling this out but I was holding it for too long out of courtesy and wasn't hoping for a 'ghost' to come back. And I ask you oct2001 if you'd please let me talk to these people who obviously do not feel threatened by my words, as there is no reason, thank you. Think you got your visa right?
Woah..you brought up the topic. I was just trying to help since you didn't seem to know why everyone got so riled up. You can take it or leave it as you wish. I did not say anything at the time, even though I did not agree with your comments..so I'm no ghost. And no I haven't got my visa yet..thanks for asking :)

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Your trying to help sounded very patronizing. You didn't say anything then but you said it now, for yourself and for all of them, as it seems, and that's what sounded ghostly. I assure you I know why people feel riled up, but I also know I am not the reason for it, so I didn't like them stressing out on me.

Sorry to hear you haven't got your visa yet. Hope it comes soon!

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

SET M

Post by sufferhead » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:28 pm

SET M
Application Posted : 07/03/2012
Received By UKBA : 08/03/2012
Payment Debited : 09/03/2012
Ack Letter Received 13/03/2012 dated 09/03/2012
Biometric Letter Received :30/03/2012 dated 23/03/2012
Biometric done same day.
Document Received: 26/04/2012 dated 23/04/2012, ILR Approved.
Biometric Card : Waiting
nothing united in United Nation.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm

From the way i understand things on Postal SET Application,
Sheffield is the Carging Centre ( where fees are taken)
Liverpool is Processing and Decision making Centre.

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SET M

Post by panda143 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am

sufferhead wrote:SET M
Biometric done same day.

Congratulations!! that's so quick Just 7 Weeks.
Hope to see same improvement in other cases

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 am

Biometric done same day.
You are the Luckiest person here Mate....

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm

what a piss poor week for decisions! I've counted 4 or so decisions this week. Not really enough to make a dent on the long waiting list :(

alifaraze
Newly Registered

ILR JR Nov 2006. applied 27 Feb 2012 waiting

Post by alifaraze » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

SET(o)
Application posted: 27 Feb 2012
Payment Debited: 29 Feb 2012
Confirmation Letter received: 1 Mar 2012

Waiting ...

Ame
Newly Registered

Re: Good news today!

Post by Ame » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Feb4 wrote:I'm the guy who panicked his application could be returned invalid, for whatever reason, after the expiry of leave to remain, therby making me an overstayer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Just got indefinite leave to remain, ironically granted a day before I made the above post.

Application type = Set (m).
Application sent on 13 January, 2012
Acknowledgement received 18 January, 2012.
Indefinite leave stamped on 26 March, 2012.
Package received on 26 April, 2012.

God bless you all and honour Himself with your good news too.

I will continue to read this blog silently in your support.
congrats
have u recived Biometric Card aswell ?

Ame
Newly Registered

Post by Ame » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Biometric done same day.
congrats

will u get biometric card spreatly? how long does it take ?did thy say any thing abt it ?

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:12 am

Biometric arrived 27/04/2012

bump

Post by bump » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Sara2012 wrote:Your trying to help sounded very patronizing. You didn't say anything then but you said it now, for yourself and for all of them, as it seems, and that's what sounded ghostly. I assure you I know why people feel riled up, but I also know I am not the reason for it, so I didn't like them stressing out on me.

u say u do, but i don't think u know why people are so angry with HO. some of us have been waiting for 6 years(may be more) for ILR and have sacrificed so much. this is why it is so frustrating to find out that all of your plans are going to be delayed further 6 months or more. may be some of the SET(M) guys don't know about this(i could be wrong on this).

Most of us are not on the top our career potential because our limited visa is holding us back. Otherwise I wont be bothered at all. im loosing 6 months of career progress which i wont ever see again. I care because i have and always had big plans for the future. I left my country to avoid this kind of nonsense bureaucracy.

And just because HO is considering permanent residency for us, they don't have the right to treat us like shit. They gave us visa not because they love us. They wanted us. And we earned the right to stay here permanently and the right to be treated like locals.

Feb4
Newly Registered

Post by Feb4 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 pm

@ Ame

I think those of us who applied before February or March are receiving the old visa stamps and not the biometric cards.

aharar
Newly Registered

my 2 cents...

Post by aharar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm

bump wrote:
Sara2012 wrote:Your trying to help sounded very patronizing. You didn't say anything then but you said it now, for yourself and for all of them, as it seems, and that's what sounded ghostly. I assure you I know why people feel riled up, but I also know I am not the reason for it, so I didn't like them stressing out on me.

u say u do, but i don't think u know why people are so angry with HO. some of us have been waiting for 6 years(may be more) for ILR and have sacrificed so much. this is why it is so frustrating to find out that all of your plans are going to be delayed further 6 months or more. may be some of the SET(M) guys don't know about this(i could be wrong on this).

Most of us are not on the top our career potential because our limited visa is holding us back. Otherwise I wont be bothered at all. im loosing 6 months of career progress which i wont ever see again. I care because i have and always had big plans for the future. I left my country to avoid this kind of nonsense bureaucracy.

And just because HO is considering permanent residency for us, they don't have the right to treat us like shit. They gave us visa not because they love us. They wanted us. And we earned the right to stay here permanently and the right to be treated like locals.
Interesting view points - I don't wish to turn this into a sledging match, so please reply back with courtesy. My 2 cents..

It is important to raise the issue of the lack of service and to ensure we are treated in accordance to the SLA set out. Or even contest the SLA if it does not deliver value for money (which is the case right now). However, to say that the government is dependent on you and that the government is in " dire need" of our tax money will be a horrible assumption on our part. Understand this - the UK government does not need us as bad as we need the ILR and Citizenship - if you and I do not pay the taxes then there are a thousands or tens of thousands of people who are waiting for an opportunity and the government fully knows that (why do you think they are trying to control immigration numbers).

The fact that we have chosen to apply through the postal route and it has an SLA (no contact on status before 6 months, no online tracking etc.) is something we have to live with. Although, it does not take away from us the will to fight against such poor service.

If we are able to differentiate both these issues we could think about this in a more sensible manner and even influence the powers to be to bring about a change.

bump

Re: my 2 cents...

Post by bump » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:02 pm

aharar wrote:
bump wrote:

Interesting view points - I don't wish to turn this into a sledging match, so please reply back with courtesy. My 2 cents..

It is important to raise the issue of the lack of service and to ensure we are treated in accordance to the SLA set out. Or even contest the SLA if it does not deliver value for money (which is the case right now). However, to say that the government is dependent on you and that the government is in " dire need" of our tax money will be a horrible assumption on our part. Understand this - the UK government does not need us as bad as we need the ILR and Citizenship - if you and I do not pay the taxes then there are a thousands or tens of thousands of people who are waiting for an opportunity and the government fully knows that (why do you think they are trying to control immigration numbers).

The fact that we have chosen to apply through the postal route and it has an SLA (no contact on status before 6 months, no online tracking etc.) is something we have to live with. Although, it does not take away from us the will to fight against such poor service.

If we are able to differentiate both these issues we could think about this in a more sensible manner and even influence the powers to be to bring about a change.

Actually I agree with everything you said. The government don't need us. But the British businesses need us. The country will not be affected if it lost our tax money. But the country will be affected if it lost the competitiveness of its businesses. Yes there will be thousands of people to replace us. But they will not have the work ethic and efficiency the employers want. That is why employers prefer immigrants. Believe me, the government will not allow us in the country for a second if it didn't need us. They are pretending to control emigration because they want to stay in power. And they are targeting the most useful immigrants who are only 20%(I think this figure is correct). It will be a miracle if they reduce the immigrant numbers by this method unless the number of people from EU and other non skilled categories reduced.

We should not think they let us in for pity. Although, that might be the case for asylum seekers. Don't lower yourself to that level.

And Yes they don't want to give us ILR. They like to keep us as temporarily for ever. Because u cant claim any benefits(not that im ever going to). But we earned the right for ILR.

Wow, Now I said all this, I feel like EPIC!!!!! (just for a laugh from from Moneysupermarket ad)

Annie1989
Newly Registered

Re: my 2 cents...

Post by Annie1989 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

bump wrote:
aharar wrote:
bump wrote:

Actually I agree with everything you said. The government don't need us. But the British businesses need us. The country will not be affected if it lost our tax money. But the country will be effected if it lost the competitiveness of its businesses. Yes there will be thousands of people to replace us. But they will not have the work ethic and efficiency the employers want. That is why employers prefer immigrants. Believe me, the government will not allow us in the country for a second if it didn't need us. They are pretending to control emigration because they want to stay in power. And they are targeting the most useful immigrants who are only 20%(I think this figure is correct). It will be a miracle if they reduce the immigrant numbers by this method unless the number of people from EU and other non skilled categories reduced.

We should not think they let us in for pity. Although, that might be the case for asylum seekers. Don't lower yourself to that level.

And Yes they don't want to give us ILR. They like to keep us as temporarily for ever. Because u cant claim any benefits(not that im ever going to). But we earned the right for ILR.

Wow, Now I said all this, I feel like EPIC!!!!! (just for a laugh from from Moneysupermarket ad)
The fact that the businesses need us is the same as saying the country needing us , and offcourse we like this country and hence want to live here permanently

The hidden truth which no one talks about his that there are several key services in this country which require skilled staff which this country doesnt have and hence has to look outwards to fill the gaps

ShortWait
Newly Registered

Status as on 29/04/2012

Post by ShortWait » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 pm

SUCCESSFUL
Set M
luke79 - applied on 15/09/2011 - 16 weeks
invincible27 -applied on 20/10/2011 - 13 weeks
bazzy_1 applied on 03/11/2011 - 11 weeks
simbal applied on 18/11/2011 - 11 weeks
smz applied on 23/11/2011 - 11 weeks
doggles applied on 10/10/2011 - 17 weeks
kayaniii applied on 07/01/2012 – 6 weeks
Unfair applied on 28/11/2011 - 11 weeks
mai12 applied on 30/10/2011 - 16 weeks
ruthmac applied on 22/10/2011 - 19 weeks
jinky applied 19/10/2011 - 19 weeks
pymapp applied on 06/12/2011 - 12 weeks
thiru123 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
Skymoon applied 08/12/2011 - 12 weeks
amsidk applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 06/03/12, ILR stamped on 22/02/12)
chrisrich applied on 19/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
zari83 applied 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
Paperclip101 applied on 05/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 19/02/12)
gregos applied on 03/02/2012 VIA PEO - 5 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 06/03/12)
polly_s applied on 22/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
gid1818 applied on 21/11/2011 - 15 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 24/02/12)
spot applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 12/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
bob-russell applied on 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
boniface applied on 02/11/2011 - 19 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 18/02/12)
gaku applied on 06/09/11 - 27 weeks
ShahG applied on 19/12/11 - 12 weeks (passport received on 15/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/02/12)
januaryilr applied on 19/01/12 – 8 weeks (passport received on 16/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
tyro520 applied on 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/03/12)
SetMyasin applied 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport picked up on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
sdwaitingidr on 02/12/11 (Fr) - 15 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 04/03/12)
hiphop applied on 04/11/11 (Fr) - 20 weeks (passport received on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
olguitha applied on 31/01/2012 (Tu) - 11 weeks (passport received on 14/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
cmcmahon applied on 18/12/11 (Su) – 16 weeks (passport received on 16/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
muzy applied On 23/12/2011 (Fr) - 17 weeks (passport received on 23/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
Feb4 applied On 13/01/2012 (Sa) - 15 weeks (passport received on 26/04/2012, ILR stamped on 26/03/2012)
sufferhead applied On 07/03/2012 (We) – 7 weeks (passport received on 26/04/2012, Biometric arrived 27/04/2012)

Set O
lifeonhold applied on 08/08/2011 - 22 weeks
Rennie applied on 25/08/2011 - 19 weeks
totallylegit applied on 07/9/2011 - 19 weeks
victorlcb applied on 12/9/2011 - 18 weeks
SETO25Oct2011applied on 20/10/2011 - 12 weeks (after letter of expedite)
GSOTodd applied on 05/09/2011 - 19 weeks
albert11 applied on 10/09/2011 - 21 weeks
shuklap applied on 24/11/2011 - 11 weeks
2011ILR-2012 applied on 05/12/2011 - 9 weeks
ratish123 applied on 12/09/2011 - 22 weeks (sent expedite)
rjn360 applied 21/09/2011 - 22 weeks
cuncfbrk applied on 31/10/2011 - 16 weeks
mazuv applied on 28/09/2011 - 21 weeks
Money123 applied on 26/08/2011 - 25 weeks (ILR stamped Nov 2011, but went to old address, hence delay)
humtum76 applied on 14/11/2011 - 15 weeks
Dondanell applied on 25/10/2011 - 19 weeks
Shuklac78 applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 20 weeks (received on 20/02/2012)
septILR applied on 24/09/2011 - 24 weeks
kumar81 applied on 12/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 02/03/12)
Saleeem applied on 6/01/2012 – 10 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12)
Rithi applied on 15/11/11 - 19 weeks (passport picked up on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 08/03/12)
manishchaudhry applied on 16/11/11 - 18 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
teluguabbayi applied on 13/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 02/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
talal22 applied on 14/10/11 - 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
AshMad applied on 13/10/11 – 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 02/04/12)
antgod applied on 08/12/11 (Th) - 18 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 14/03/12)
balzer69 applied on 03/11/11 (Th) - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12)
tannipartner applied on 27/12/11 (Tu) - 13 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
mann2000 applied On 10/10/2011 (Mo) - 28 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 22/03/12)
lakshtar applied On 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 27 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 23/03/12)
Preacher applied On 31/10/2011 (Mo) - 25 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12)

Set O JR
uyi.controller applied on 30/07/2011 - 23 weeks
p5004 appliedon 16/08/2011 - 19 weeks
TEDDY61 applied 19/08/2011 - 21 weeks
mollymaik applied on 20/08/2011 - 19 weeks
a-s applied on 22/08/2011 - 21 weeks
kollexy applied on 28/08/2011 - 17 weeks
Nemo2011 applied on 30/08/2011 - 19 weeks
I-L-R-2011 applied on 31/08/2011 - 20 weeks
Doubletrouble applied on 06/09/2011 - 20 weeks
abdul23 applied on 25/08/2011 - 22 weeks
kamicool applied on 18/08/2011 - 24 weeks
ishareef17 applied on 09/09/2011 - 21 weeks
liner2011 applied on 21/09/2011 - 21 weeks
superman555 applied on 23/09/2011 - 22 weeks
Waiting2011 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
pirzadaz applied on 03/10/2011 - 22 weeks (passport received on 07/03/2012, ILR stamped on 22/02/2012)
drsk applied on 20/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
skywalka applied on 04/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 01/03/12)
gj6ab5657 applied on 28/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 28/02/12)
moraa applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
Girtbysea applied on 06/10/11 (Th) - 26 weeks (passport received on 11/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
susan1228 applied on 07/10/11 (Fr) - 27 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12
VN applied on 11/11/11 (Fr) – 22 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
onlyifiknew applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 26 weeks (passport received on 14/04/12, ILR stamped on 16/03/12)
SET(O)ILR_JR applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 31 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 06/04/12)
setu786 applied on - 26 weeks (passport received on 20/04/12, ILR stamped on 26/03/12)
hsmp2010 applied On 30/01/2012 (Mo) - 12 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 16/04/12)
saiprabu111 applied On 24/10/2011 (Mo) - 27 weeks (passport received on 24/04/12)

WAITING
SET M
speed120 applied On 04/08/2011 (Th) - 38 weeks
Max applied On 12/12/2011 (Mo) - 20 weeks
Zhimin applied On 24/12/2011 (Sa) - 18 weeks
Smallheathlad applied On 10/01/2012 (We) – 15 weeks
ineedhelpurgent applied On 18/01/2012 (We) – 14 weeks
ted7913 applied On 27/01/2012 (Fr) - 13 weeks
Raja1900 applied On 07/02/2012 (Tu) – 12 weeks
R&F applied On 20/02/2012 (Mo) - 10 weeks
planetman123 applied On 22/02/2012 (We) – 9 weeks
Skirty applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) – 8 weeks
UKwannabee applied On 01/03/2012 (Th) – 8 weeks (Biometrics Letter 26/03/2012)
Sara2012 applied On 05/03/2012 (Mo) – 7 weeks
zainoori applied On 08/03/2012 (Th) – 7 weeks
may_marie applied On 22/03/2012 (Th) – 5 weeks

SET O
MiraclePrayer applied On 06/09/2011 (Tu) - 34 weeks
RQI applied On 17/10/2011 (Mo) – 28 weeks
anotherOct2011 applied On 24/10/2011 (Mo) - 27 weeks
moz_ilr applied On 26/10/2011 (We) - 27 weeks
tushars applied On 01/11/2011 (Tu) - 26 weeks
gvijaygadde applied On 11/11/2011 (Fr) - 24 weeks
balu114 applied On 11/11/2011 (Fr) – 24 weeks
KVP51 applied On 21/11/2011 (Mo) - 23 weeks
haidder applied On 26/11/2011 (Sa) – 22 weeks
shortwait applied On 29/11/2011 (Tu) - 22 weeks
aharar applied On 29/11/2011 (Tu) - 22 weeks
bump applied On 05/01/2012 (Th) - 16 weeks
chikalo2006 applied On 14/01/2012 (Sa) - 15 weeks
vik_2012 applied On 18/01/2012 (We) – 14 weeks
haridoss applied On 15/02/2012 (We) – 11 weeks
youoz applied On 21/02/2012 (Tu) – 10 weeks
oliverjohnson applied On 23/02/2012 (Th) - 9 weeks
alifaraze applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) - 8 weeks
sekhar applied On 14/03/2012 (We) – 6 weeks
mustang390 applied On 20/03/2012 (Tu) – 6 weeks
RajuT applied On 22/03/2012 (Th) - 5 weeks
Annie1989 applied On 27/03/2012 (Tu) – 5 weeks
panda143 applied On 04/04/2012 (Tu) – 4 weeks

SET O JR
cagedhorse applied On 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 28 weeks
oct2011 applied On 20/10/2011 (Th) - 27 weeks
hsmpjr2011 applied On 04/11/2011 (Fr) - 25 weeks
VHAN applied On 10/11/2011 (Th) - 24 weeks
the_onebd applied On 14/11/2011 (Mo) - 24 weeks
kalpulli applied On 22/11/2011 (Tu) - 23 weeks
khan42 applied On 24/11/2011 (Th) - 22 weeks
waitingandwaiting applied On 01/12/2011 (Th) – 21 weeks
BRP applied On 16/01/2012 (Mo) - 15 weeks
msimran1 applied On 18/01/2012 docs reached 03/02/2012 (Fr) - 12 weeks

Successful for w/c 03/01/2012 - rennie, p5004, luke79, lifeonhold, kollexy
Successful for w/c 09/01/2012 - uyi.controller, mollymaik, teddy61,nemo2011
Successful for w/c 16/01/2012- totallylegit, victorlcb, a-s, SETO25Oct2011, invicible27
Successful for w/c 23/01/2012- I-L-R-2011, bazzy_1, GSTodd, doubletrouble,abdul23
Successful for w/c 30/01/2012 - kamicool, ishareef17.
Successful for w/c 06/02/2012 - simbal, smz, albert11, Shuklap, 2011ILR-2012
Successful for w/c 13/02/2012 -liner2011,doggles, Ratish123, kayanii, Unfair
Successful for w/c 20/02/2012- mai12, rjn360,cuncfbrk, mazuv, Shuklac78
Successful for w/c 27/02/2012- Money123, superman555, Waiting2011, ruthmac, humtum76, Dondanell, jinky, pymapp, thiru123,

Skymoon
Successful for w/c 05/03/2012 - pirzadaz, amsidk, chrisrich, Paperclip101, gregos, septILR , zari83, polly_s, drsk, gid1818
Successful for w/c 12/03/2012 - spot, bob-russell, skywalka, Kumar81, boniface, gj6ab5657, gaku, ShahG, januaryilr
Successful for w/c 19/03/2012 - tyro520, Saleeem, SetMyasin, sdwaitingidr, Rithi, manishchaudhry, hiphop
Successful for w/c 26/03/2012 -
Successful for w/c 02/04/2012 - teluguabbayi, moraa, talal22, AshMad
Successful for w/c 09/04/2012 – Girtbysea, susan1228, VN , antgod, olguitha, onlyifiknew, balzer69
Successful for w/c 16/04/2012 – cmcmahon, tannipartner, SET(O)ILR_JR, mann2000, setu786, hsmp2010, lakshtar, Preacher
Successful for w/c 23/04/2012 – muzy, saiprabu111, Feb4, sufferhead

Stillwhisper
Newly Registered

Post by Stillwhisper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 am

Hello everyone:
I have applied for ilr under set(m) on 16-02-2012 by using settlement checking service. I thought generally the processing time is faster than normal applications. it's been nearly 12weeks. I had 6 points fixed penalty points on my driving license. Which were endorsed without court process. Any similar experiences please share.
My time iine:
Applied through settlement checking service: 16 feb 2012
Money out: 20 feb 2012
Acknowledgment letter received : 20 feb 2012

Still waiting!!!!!!!

casablanca
Newly Registered

hi

Post by casablanca » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

hi every one, i applied on 7th mar set m. i received acknowledgement letter but still waiting for brp invitation letter.payment made through postal orders witch was cashed by home office 22 mar. i called HO number and the woman on the phon told me my application is not on system and for this reason i have have not received brp invitation letter. what does it meat? how long application will take to get in system. i am so worried and i cant sleep at night. does any one can help or some one in the same situation here can share experience?

R&F

Re: hi

Post by R&F » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 pm

casablanca wrote:hi every one, i applied on 7th mar set m. i received acknowledgement letter but still waiting for brp invitation letter.payment made through postal orders witch was cashed by home office 22 mar. i called HO number and the woman on the phon told me my application is not on system and for this reason i have have not received brp invitation letter. what does it meat? how long application will take to get in system. i am so worried and i cant sleep at night. does any one can help or some one in the same situation here can share experience?

Hi Casablanca, there are no rules in the waiting game, I applied in Feb Set(M), (no need for biometrics), and I've been waiting 10 weeks, I wrote to my MP to follow up on my application and it has not even been assigned to a caseworker, yet there are others who applied in Mar who have already received there passports.

Good luck in hte process, hope things start moving alot quicker although lots of Bank Holidays coming up.

serengetiuk
Newly Registered

Post by serengetiuk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 pm

My son-in-law applied through the settlement checking service on January 13th and hasn't got his passport/visa back yet. He has written to both the UKBA and Home Office and had no reply other than an acknowledgment. He has also written to his MP, who is also a senior cabinet minister, who got a reply from the UKBA which told us only what we already know, i.e. they aim to resolve 95% of all applications within 26 weeks.

We had assumed that the settlement checking service would lead to an accelerated process, but I think we were mistaken. It only reduces the risk of delay due to an incorrectly completed application form or missing documentation.
Stillwhisper wrote:Hello everyone:
I have applied for ilr under set(m) on 16-02-2012 by using settlement checking service. I thought generally the processing time is faster than normal applications. it's been nearly 12weeks. I had 6 points fixed penalty points on my driving license. Which were endorsed without court process. Any similar experiences please share.
My time iine:

Still waiting!!!!!!!

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 pm

27 weeks today
6 months 1 week.
still waiting :(

i was set O 24 Oct 2011!

this wait is beyond frustrating!

RQI

Post by RQI » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

serengetiuk wrote:My son-in-law applied through the settlement checking service on January 13th and hasn't got his passport/visa back yet. He has written to both the UKBA and Home Office and had no reply other than an acknowledgment. He has also written to his MP, who is also a senior cabinet minister, who got a reply from the UKBA which told us only what we already know, i.e. they aim to resolve 95% of all applications within 26 weeks.

We had assumed that the settlement checking service would lead to an accelerated process, but I think we were mistaken. It only reduces the risk of delay due to an incorrectly completed application form or missing documentation.
Stillwhisper wrote:Hello everyone:
My time iine:

Still waiting!!!!!!!
I have been waiting 28 weeks now and still nothing. My MP has called them twice, written a letter and my agents have also called a few times and also written a letter. I have also called them and it's just the same answer over and over again. My application was received by UKBA in October 2011.

RQI

Post by RQI » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

anotherOct2011 wrote:27 weeks today
6 months 1 week.
still waiting :(

i was set O 24 Oct 2011!

this wait is beyond frustrating!
We are in the same boat, I am 28 weeks tomorrow.

the_onebd
Newly Registered

ILR refused

Post by the_onebd » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

My ILR HSMP Jr is refused and granted 3 years Discretionary Limited Leave instead.

App sent on 14 Nov 2011
Money Taken 15 Nov 2011
Letter Received on 16 Nov 2011
DLR given on 3rd April 2012
Passport received on 30 April 2012.

I was made redundant on 20th July but my wife supported me and I had my savings. I couldn't secure any job as my visa was about to expire on 29th Nov 2011 so sent the details, my and my wife's payslips, our bank statements and other details.

Now I can't even switch to spouse visa as the leave I've been granted is outside the immigration rules.

Its really not fair! I always paid taxes, never claimed any benefits and after all the wait and 14 more days to become 6 months, UKBA declared that I can't have my ILR!

I'm devasted ...