ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31 am

dewdoc wrote:Hi,

Ive applied for SET O on 16th feb and recieved acknowldgement on 21st feb.

Still waiting!!!

Booked my tickets to go to India on 29th may, cancelled it now, having child care problems because of that.( kids stopped going to nursery because of India trip) Baby sitting now in my annual leave. Atleast if I get it by next week I will be able to go and drop the kids in India for 2 months if not , need to make alternate arrangements until august.

Life sucks!! But reading this forum gives me strength!

Put your timeline on the excel sheet, it's a must ;)

And yes keep faith and be strong!

dewdoc
Newly Registered

Post by dewdoc » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi can someone add me on to the timeline pls. I dont know how to do it. Or can you pl tell how to do it?

Thanks.

tier1_PEO_applicant

Post by tier1_PEO_applicant » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Hello All,

I am not trying to be negative or trying to crticise anyone, but it seems this thread which is ideally for finding out the waiting times and individual experience or queries, has become a panic thread.

It would be much helpful if people post their timelines or update them as they receive updates/feedback for their case.

Also, if you fulfil the criteria for ILR and if you've not done anything wrong in last 10 years in terms of your visa(student, work, hsmp, tier 1, tier 2, etc etc), haven't got any criminal records, or you are not going to be harmful to society there shouldn't be any reason for worrying.

And even if it takes long, say 2 to 6 months, you should be prepared to wait considering you are asking a country to give you Indefinite visa to stay and travel at your will.

Again no hard feelings, I understand everyone has their travelling plans, family ties, work committments etc etc etc... but again as I said earlier if you've have done everything as it has been asked and as it should have been, you shouldn't worry to much.

All the best to all...
Regards.

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:05 pm

@tier1_PEO_applicant : Just checked your comments history in the link below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... _applicant

You should refrain from trolling on this forum.

tier1_PEO_applicant wrote:Hello All,

I am not trying to be negative or trying to crticise anyone, but it seems this thread which is ideally for finding out the waiting times and individual experience or queries, has become a panic thread.

It would be much helpful if people post their timelines or update them as they receive updates/feedback for their case.

Also, if you fulfil the criteria for ILR and if you've not done anything wrong in last 10 years in terms of your visa(student, work, hsmp, tier 1, tier 2, etc etc), haven't got any criminal records, or you are not going to be harmful to society there shouldn't be any reason for worrying.

And even if it takes long, say 2 to 6 months, you should be prepared to wait considering you are asking a country to give you Indefinite visa to stay and travel at your will.

Again no hard feelings, I understand everyone has their travelling plans, family ties, work committments etc etc etc... but again as I said earlier if you've have done everything as it has been asked and as it should have been, you shouldn't worry to much.

All the best to all...
Regards.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

tier1_PEO_applicant

Post by tier1_PEO_applicant » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 pm

hemalay wrote:@tier1_PEO_applicant : Just checked your comments history in the link below.

All the best to all...
Regards.
Thanks for your command, but my not saying anything doesn't change what is going on in the forum. Most time-line forums are place where people vent their frustration making others nervous too.

Checking my history of posts isn't going to change anything.

All I am saying is if the relevant posts are posted in their respective threads, it would save everyone's time and not make individual threads long and cluttered.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 pm

dewdoc wrote:Hi,

Ive applied for SET O on 16th feb and recieved acknowldgement on 21st feb.

Still waiting!!!

Booked my tickets to go to India on 29th may, cancelled it now, having child care problems because of that.( kids stopped going to nursery because of India trip) Baby sitting now in my annual leave. Atleast if I get it by next week I will be able to go and drop the kids in India for 2 months if not , need to make alternate arrangements until august.

Life sucks!! But reading this forum gives me strength!

Your case worker wasn't well, he/she should be back by next, you will be getting ILR verrry soooooooon, fingers cross.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

tier1_PEO_applicant wrote:
hemalay wrote:@tier1_PEO_applicant : Just checked your comments history in the link below.

All the best to all...
Regards.
Thanks for your command, but my not saying anything doesn't change what is going on in the forum. Most time-line forums are place where people vent their frustration making others nervous too.

Checking my history of posts isn't going to change anything.

All I am saying is if the relevant posts are posted in their respective threads, it would save everyone's time and not make individual threads long and cluttered.
@PEO applicant!

Some people are emotionally stronger than others, and when dealing with the HO, one can never be too confident, sometimes applicants may think that there case is staight forward, but HO may find it indecisive..... we should be kind to each other, and not bash anyone, peace and good luck.

dewdoc
Newly Registered

Post by dewdoc » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 pm

@ Loveislovely : thanks mate! Hope that happens. Let's wait for that good news!

@ hemalay : well said. People feel better when they let out their feelings and if they don't want to waste their time pls just go thro the excel sheet.

MRKI
Newly Registered

Hope Tension free Day Until Tuesday

Post by MRKI » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi Everyone.

I believe who has been waiting for PP anytime,atleast those people will have been passing tension free day until Tuesday.

We do not know what gonna happen on wednesday So my recommendation will be ,Do relax as much as you can.

Wish you all the best

Take care
MRKI

rabbitshoe
Newly Registered

Post by rabbitshoe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 am

Hello all,

I'm a silent follower of this forum. Just thought to post some good news to encourage everyone here who has been contributing so much and made a difference to me when I was awaiting for my passport.

Here's my timeline:
Applied- 7th Feb
Acknowledgement letter received - 9th Feb
ILR stamped on the 3rd May by Liverpool office
Received note to collect from post office on the 25th May but post office lost track of my parcel and finally received notification to collect it today, 1st June after multiple nervous calls.

My best wishes to all who are waiting for their passports. Words just can't express the appreciation I have for this forum. Thanks once again..

locomore
BANNED

Post by locomore » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:27 am

Seems like a slow week - I reckon the warm weather and the up-coming bank holiday was probably the reason behind it!
I hope that the paperwork for Feb guys are all already done and are just on their way to get to you.
Those who has already got their pp back, congrats - now a stress free summer lies ahead of you!
March guys, let's all hope for those of whom that hasn't got their stuff back before us - for that without them getting theirs back, it will not come to our turn!

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Folks!

I felt really stupid this morning, I was entering my house, after a visit to the shop, just as I reached my door, I heard a vehicle pulled up, I looked around to see a ROYAL MAIL van..... The driver emerge, clutching a very large padded envelope in his hand. I stood there, hoping that the parcel was for me, he went three doors down, I felt really disappointed.

Sooooooooooooooo Anxious

I am definitely keeping my fingers cross, next will be bearer of good news for some of us.

Good Luck

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Time Line

Post by Loveislovely » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 pm

s_raj11 wrote:Hello All,

Not many replies and good news in the last few days. Hoping to hear some good news in this week. This forum is really helpful and will give confidence who are down.

By the way this is my timeline.

Application Posted : 9th May 2012
Acknowledgement dated : 17th May 2012
Acknowledgement received : 18th May 2012

My case is not completely straight forward. I had a returned application in 2006 for one of my student extensions for cheque returned. I have posted the application back with in 28 days. Have to wait and see how it goes.

Waiting for the biometric letter now :( .

I have a doubt. Will everyone who applied get a biometric letter or if the biometric is issued does that mean ILR is through? Sorry it might be foolish question but out of curiosity wanted to check.

All the best to everyone who are waiting and congrats to the ones who have received their PP back recently.
when you get the biometric letter, it does not mean that you get ILR, they will do the relevant checks before making a decision.

Good luck

hemalay

Waiting Game

Post by hemalay » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:57 pm

@rabbitshoe : congtagulations
@Loveislovely : LoL , Welcome to club of Royal mail red van stalkers. :lol:

Technically rabbitshoe received passport back last week on 25th May, therefore this week is a virgin week with no good news so far.

This means few of us including myself will complete our 17th week and start our 18th week. :x

Prayers for all waiting.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 pm

@Loveislovely I know how you are feeling, I think the best way is just to continue to pray to God. We will all receive PP back with Happiness.

hello32
Newly Registered

Post by hello32 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi every1 am new on this forum... Thought i am reading this very long
i sent my application on

application sent 23-02-2012
Acknowledgement dated 27-02-2012
acknowledgement recv 05/03/2012
PP get back 01/06/2012
they refused me i need ur help now the issue is one of my ext i sent them on time they refused that as invalid application because of photos i was told in 28 days time i can submit new application or same application which they sent me back with new photos on that address where it come from not that address which is written on form i sent them back same application with new photos in 4 days time
when i applied ILR on the basis of long res they refused it and no right of appeal so what i have to do now kindly help me out i read on this forum some one had the same experience like me but he was granted ILR should i sent new application or what let me know plz
need help also if some one know any good lawyer in ilford area kindly let me know plz

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm

@ hello32, it is sad to hear your story, i think it better you use a Lawyer, they will know the best way to deal with the matter. you could try UKVISAAND IMMIGRATION, their number is this 0203 627 8491.

hello32
Newly Registered

Post by hello32 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 pm

GBEMI wrote:@ hello32, it is sad to hear your story, i think it better you use a Lawyer, they will know the best way to deal with the matter. you could try UKVISAAND IMMIGRATION, their number is this 0203 627 8491.
thanks my friend i just need to know that can i apply again as i dont have right of appeal because my current leave will expire in may 2013 according to the case worker discretion wasn’t apply because I didn’t show them any thing which can help my application

advise will be help full

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 am

@HELLO32 YOU COULD EVEN GET HELP FROM YOUR MP, IT TAKE FOUR WEEKS AFTER THE MP WRITES TO THE HOME OFFICE REGARDING TO YOUR SITUATION, YOU MAY NOT KNOW, YOU MAY BE LUCK.

jbm

Post by jbm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 pm

hello32 wrote:
GBEMI wrote:@ hello32, it is sad to hear your story, i think it better you use a Lawyer, they will know the best way to deal with the matter. you could try UKVISAAND IMMIGRATION, their number is this 0203 627 8491.
thanks my friend i just need to know that can i apply again as i dont have right of appeal because my current leave will expire in may 2013 according to the case worker discretion wasn’t apply because I didn’t show them any thing which can help my application

advise will be help full
hi hello32. sorry to hear that. but u lucky still have year legal right to stay. u didnt mentain u applied on time for ext, did u send photos back within 10 day of ur visa expire. if yes i would say get ur sar report just see what it says. apply again fresh application with coving letter explaning what had happened and u never break contunies residence .

it is just my suggestion , may take advice from good lawyer. and please see this post:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 823#571823

best of luck

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:33 pm

hello32 wrote:Hi every1 am new on this forum... Thought i am reading this very long
i sent my application on

PP get back 01/06/2012
they refused me i need ur help now the issue is one of my ext i sent them on time they refused that as invalid application because of photos i was told in 28 days time i can submit new application or same application which they sent me back with new photos on that address where it come from not that address which is written on form i sent them back same application with new photos in 4 days time
when i applied ILR on the basis of long res they refused it and no right of appeal so what i have to do now kindly help me out i read on this forum some one had the same experience like me but he was granted ILR should i sent new application or what let me know plz
need help also if some one know any good lawyer in ilford area kindly let me know plz

post your query in main page than this timeline thread, in main page of ILR forum , you have many moderators and senior members will guide you through

hello32
Newly Registered

Post by hello32 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 pm

jbm wrote:
hello32 wrote:

advise will be help full
hi hello32. sorry to hear that. but u lucky still have year legal right to stay. u didnt mentain u applied on time for ext, did u send photos back within 10 day of ur visa expire. if yes i would say get ur sar report just see what it says. apply again fresh application with coving letter explaning what had happened and u never break contunies residence .

it is just my suggestion , may take advice from good lawyer. and please see this post:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 823#571823

best of luck
thanks my friend, yes i did apply in time but they sent my documents back after my visa expire and with in a 4 days they get it back

perry254
Newly Registered

Post by perry254 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

hello32 wrote:Hi every1 am new on this forum... Thought i am reading this very long
i sent my application on

PP get back 01/06/2012

Sorry about this, i know a good laywer just inbox me if u want details..ur case is very easy coz u didnt do anything wrong.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

@GBEMI, Thanks for your comforting words, God bless.
@HEMALAY, You, you are trouble.....

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 am

This week will bring good news to us.