ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KASUK14
Newly Registered

Re: Changing jobs while waiting for flr m

Post by KASUK14 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am

melbgirl wrote:My working conditions are unbearable and I really want to leave my place of work. The stress of knowing that I cannot leave is horrible. I know I am very lucky that I can continue working until my visa is granted or refused, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience trying to change jobs while they are waiting for their visa? I just feel so trapped

I had the same issue. I applied in july and still haven't heard back, so I can't tell you if this is the proper way of going about changing work, but so far I'm not too worried... I job searched whilst employed and my new job pays more, so is beneficial especially financially. I'm still on a fixed contract as per my previous visa required. Some employers are flexible and can edit your contract as per your via requirements. I also had no period of un employment as I ensured my ending and starting dates corresponded. I did call ukba once switched and they stated as long as my sponser met the financial requirements that there was no need to inform them of any changes, however I did just in case. So in your case, contact the number on your receipt of application or acknowledgment letter and they can officially guide you through where to send it and what you'll need. We were required to send payslips, contracts, a letter from our employer as evidence and 6 months bank statements from both my partner and I again. Hope that helps!

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Post by melbgirl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

KASUK14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am Post subject: Re: Changing jobs while waiting for flr m
melbgirl wrote:
My working conditions are unbearable and I really want to leave my place of work. The stress of knowing that I cannot leave is horrible. I know I am very lucky that I can continue working until my visa is granted or refused, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience trying to change jobs while they are waiting for their visa? I just feel so trapped

I had the same issue. I applied in july and still haven't heard back, so I can't tell you if this is the proper way of going about changing work, but so far I'm not too worried... I job searched whilst employed and my new job pays more, so is beneficial especially financially. I'm still on a fixed contract as per my previous visa required. Some employers are flexible and can edit your contract as per your via requirements. I also had no period of un employment as I ensured my ending and starting dates corresponded. I did call ukba once switched and they stated as long as my sponser met the financial requirements that there was no need to inform them of any changes, however I did just in case. So in your case, contact the number on your receipt of application or acknowledgment letter and they can officially guide you through where to send it and what you'll need. We were required to send payslips, contracts, a letter from our employer as evidence and 6 months bank statements from both my partner and I again. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much. It is such a relief to know I am not stuck in this job while I wait for this visa. My sponsor earns over the financial requirement, so that makes it a lot easier. :D

babita160
Newly Registered

Got my passport backk!!

Post by babita160 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi everyone I'm a silent reader on this thread. And I would just like to share my experience.

sent off my application: 13 December 2012
Received acknowledgement: 18 December 2012
Done my biometrics: 6 February 2012
Received my passport back: 15 March 2012
BRP: Still waiting

chquin
Newly Registered

Post by chquin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm

hi everyone

thanks for the support - had been following for a bit and it's always been extremely helpful. was approved last week but missed the BM delivery so that should be coming next week. i just tried updating the spreadsheet but was unable to... perhaps someone would be able to...?

best of luck to everyone! i feel very lucky and hope that others will be hearing back soon!!

Daya
Newly Registered

Post by Daya » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Thought I would join to add my time line.

Arrived back in UK July 2012
Got Married October 2012
Sent off FLR_M forms November 2012
Did Biometrics 29th January 2013

Still waiting.

I've found the excel spread sheet with dates on for the different parts very useful. Looks like I might have to wait a bit longer. If only the system was better or at least you could talk to some one!!!

nats

Re: An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by nats » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 pm

I wish this is true. But is this valid for all type of dependents? My wife's visa still valid till April 2014. I called HO today to clear some questions regarding old rules and direct Set(m) application. That lady replied my all questions but all answers were quite disappointing..
May be this might be helpful for others whose spouse is on student dependent. And they gonna apply their FLRm .
Below is the conversation with that lady in HO:

Question 1- I got ILR, my wife was on PBS dependent, so what she should apply now?
Answer- She should apply FLR(m) now.

Q2- Can she apply Set(m) as she already spent more than 2.5 years with me on PBS dependent.
Ans- No, she was PBS dependent not the ILR dependent. So she 1st need to apply FLR(m) 1st.

Q3- Is she under old rules (before 9th July 2012) or new rules.
Ans- She comes under new rules. [so i assume we have to wait for 5 years b4 we can apply Set(m) :( ]

Q4- But she entered UK b4 9th July 2012 back in 2010.
Answer- But she entered as PBS dependent not on settlement dependent visa.

Q5- Her visa will expire in 2014. Now as I m on ILR is her old PBS dependent visa still valid.
Answer: Yes, its valid and she can apply anytime 4 her current visa expires.

Q6- Can I apply in person by PEO.
Ans- Its not a straight forward case so better to apply by post. [My wife ILR dependent application got refused as Lawyer included her as dependent on same Formm Set(O) ]. So she said its not straight forward case now so I will suggest not to go for window appointment.

I wonder if I call again, someone might tell a different story? that my wife comes under old rules and also she can apply Set(m) directly? I really want to hear that.

Damanisshallo wrote:New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 am

nats wrote:I wish this is true. But is this valid for all type of dependents? My wife's visa still valid till April 2014. I called HO today to clear some questions regarding old rules and direct Set(m) application. That lady replied my all questions but all answers were quite disappointing..
May be this might be helpful for others whose spouse is on student dependent. And they gonna apply their FLRm .
Below is the conversation with that lady in HO:

Question 1- I got ILR, my wife was on PBS dependent, so what she should apply now?
Answer- She should apply FLR(m) now.

Q2- Can she apply Set(m) as she already spent more than 2.5 years with me on PBS dependent.
Ans- No, she was PBS dependent not the ILR dependent. So she 1st need to apply FLR(m) 1st.

Q3- Is she under old rules (before 9th July 2012) or new rules.
Ans- She comes under new rules. [so i assume we have to wait for 5 years b4 we can apply Set(m) :( ]

Q4- But she entered UK b4 9th July 2012 back in 2010.
Answer- But she entered as PBS dependent not on settlement dependent visa.

Q5- Her visa will expire in 2014. Now as I m on ILR is her old PBS dependent visa still valid.
Answer: Yes, its valid and she can apply anytime 4 her current visa expires.

Q6- Can I apply in person by PEO.
Ans- Its not a straight forward case so better to apply by post. [My wife ILR dependent application got refused as Lawyer included her as dependent on same Formm Set(O) ]. So she said its not straight forward case now so I will suggest not to go for window appointment.

I wonder if I call again, someone might tell a different story? that my wife comes under old rules and also she can apply Set(m) directly? I really want to hear that.

Damanisshallo wrote:New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.
Nats... I have called UKBA before I posted my wife's FLR(M) and they gave me exact answers what you have got

Call them again they will give you the same answers... because 1. they don't know what the rules are...2. they are customer service assistants and they are well trained to IRRITATE people and give them the least helpful answers

So next time you call them, ask them the same questions and point them out section 3.4 in the following link and see what they say

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I am 100% sure they will put you on hold for more than 10 mins (thats IF you get someone on the other side who are not lazy to do their job though) and then they will comeback to give a difference answer (the one which you will definitely like)... don't forget to give them an earful (one on me please mate)...

don't worry about all that...the good thing is that your wife still have a visa even though she got rejected last time... try to get a PEO as soon as possible and fill in 2 applications.. SET(M)(I am assuming she was a PSW dependent for more than 2 yrs) and FLR(M)... go to the PEO and ask them if you could do SET(M) ...and if they get to your nerves ... give them a bargain that you will pay for both the applications...(i.e., FLR(M) and SET (M))... and if they are still a bunch of mourning idiots ... just get you FLR(M) done...

nats

Post by nats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Sanju, thanks for encouraging answer. I thought the same as advised by Damanishallo earlier to take both forms on PEO with references of relevant Immigration Paragraphs. but the HO lady made me think again b4 going for PEO. She told that its no more straight forward case due to recent refusal. But i think its still straight forward because she still has valid leave. and the reason for refusal was Wrong Form, nothing else. But the problem is that UKBA have not returned my wife's current BRP card. I dont know why they kept it even the refusal letter says ur current leave is valid. So dont know on PEO appointment what to do when they will ask for BRP. If I say its already with UKBA will they trace it and proceed with her application.
So totally clueless what to do. Postal or PEO. A correction in ur post below, she is on Tier 4 General Student (PBS) Dependent. She already wait for 8 months and got refused. So was thinking for PEO for quick process.
Can I ask why you preferred postal and have not chosen PEO?

saanju9 wrote: Nats... I have called UKBA before I posted my wife's FLR(M) and they gave me exact answers what you have got

Call them again they will give you the same answers... because 1. they don't know what the rules are...2. they are customer service assistants and they are well trained to IRRITATE people and give them the least helpful answers

So next time you call them, ask them the same questions and point them out section 3.4 in the following link and see what they say

I am 100% sure they will put you on hold for more than 10 mins (thats IF you get someone on the other side who are not lazy to do their job though) and then they will comeback to give a difference answer (the one which you will definitely like)... don't forget to give them an earful (one on me please mate)...

don't worry about all that...the good thing is that your wife still have a visa even though she got rejected last time... try to get a PEO as soon as possible and fill in 2 applications.. SET(M)(I am assuming she was a PSW dependent for more than 2 yrs) and FLR(M)... go to the PEO and ask them if you could do SET(M) ...and if they get to your nerves ... give them a bargain that you will pay for both the applications...(i.e., FLR(M) and SET (M))... and if they are still a bunch of mourning idiots ... just get you FLR(M) done...

Datflo
Newly Registered

Post by Datflo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 am

After the long wait I was informed yesterday that my application was successful and all documents and BRP returned to my representative.

All the best everyone.

Xiaozhu

ILR qualifying period

Post by Xiaozhu » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:55 am

Hi all

Now that my husband has his visa (for the Skydrive, we received docs and BRP on 7 March), we are wondering about the time he needs to spend continuosly in the UK to eventually qualify for ILR. We are under the new rules so we know it's 5 years, however:

When did this period start?

We have been told that he cannot spend more than 270 days outside the UK in the last 3 years and no more than 90 of those in the last year which is fine. But what about the first 2 years? As we are currently abroad for work until November - will this be a problem?

Apologies if the answers are obvious but he left his letter in the UK so I can't examine it and of course there is no clear answer on the UKBA website.

Thanks
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:41 pm

nats wrote:Hi Sanju, thanks for encouraging answer. I thought the same as advised by Damanishallo earlier to take both forms on PEO with references of relevant Immigration Paragraphs. but the HO lady made me think again b4 going for PEO. She told that its no more straight forward case due to recent refusal. But i think its still straight forward because she still has valid leave. and the reason for refusal was Wrong Form, nothing else. But the problem is that UKBA have not returned my wife's current BRP card. I dont know why they kept it even the refusal letter says ur current leave is valid. So dont know on PEO appointment what to do when they will ask for BRP. If I say its already with UKBA will they trace it and proceed with her application.
So totally clueless what to do. Postal or PEO. A correction in ur post below, she is on Tier 4 General Student (PBS) Dependent. She already wait for 8 months and got refused. So was thinking for PEO for quick process.

saanju9 wrote: Nats... I have called UKBA before I posted my wife's FLR(M) and they gave me exact answers what you have got

My ILR didn't came yet... and her visa expired when my docs are still with UKBA for 10yrs Long ILR..

So I had no choice

about ure case..did u call UKBA if her BRP is sent back... If its on its way then there is no issue.. however, if they kept it for a reason..submit your application in PEO...it will take a while to give you a decision(might not be the same day decision)..they will keep your docs and send it to you later if they have a problem in giving decision straight away...but this will be quicker I guess than Postal and you can actually have a chance to explain the caseworker. (see.. if it was at a PEO they would have told you that your wife can't apply on SET(M) rather than refusing her visa)... so in my opinion PEO is better than postal..

and surely if they have your BRP they should be able to track it down..

I also hope that you ditched the solicitor you have been consulting and demand a refund...there are agencies where they will help u to get some money out of poor professional services...

tapi98
Newly Registered

Time Line For My Wife

Post by tapi98 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Application FLM send on the 24th January 2013
Acknowledgement Letter Dated 28 January 2013
Biometrics Letter Received 11 February 2013
Done on the 13 February 2013
Still Waiting

KASUK14
Newly Registered

Post by KASUK14 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Well someone can add my timeline and I'd love some help...

Application sent: july 31st
Acknowledgement letter dated: aug 9th
Biometric letter dated: nov 16
Biometrics sent: nov 24
Request for more documents: feb 28
Documents sent: march 2
Docs back: today
Refused.

I've spent an hour being dramatic, about 3 hours debating a solution and still nothing. So, we applied for unmarried partner. My partner had a good job, 18k basic plus commission and I'd just started a job for 12k per annum. We'd bought a house together that May and I just graduated uni. So, no issuses with living together proving relationship etc.

We then had my partner quit his job and go back to do a masters in october. I ended up getting a better job elsewhere that pays 15k. Now, as applications have taken 8 months, we weren't wanting to upset the, process so carried on waiting until february when they requested further documentation regarding our finances... Keep in mind, they don't know of our change in circumstances...

So, this is when we informed them about my partners uni and my job. We also showed that we obtain roughly 7k per year from a flat my partner owns up north, but only showed this through bank statements. So, we gave them everything plus more, and are now refused for why I'm assuming can only be because we didn't provide further details on the flat???? We met savings requirements etc... So, now...

Why request further bloody documents on a outstanding case from 8 months ago. We should have just done the application in person in july and I wouldn't be in this situation. Very regretful.

Where to go from here? It says no appeal allowed on my documents I got today, and I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

Momochee
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by Momochee » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Here is my timeline. It's been successful.

Application sent: 11/02/2013
Biometric taken: 08/03/2013
Documents with the confirmation letter back: 16/03/2013
Biometric residence permit: waiting

I was so surprised how quick it was. It's been only 1 week from the day I did biometrics.

nats

Post by nats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Saanju, , I have not called again, that day lady told that her BRP is retained but she dont need to leave uk. its wiered. I have booked PEO for FLR(m) and luckily got date b4 6th April in Sheffield office. I wanted it to be in Croydon because all cases of Set (M) instead of FLR(m) belong to Croydon i think. I am not sure if those cases are for tier1 dependents only.
To be on safe side i will take both FLR(m) and Set(m) and will ask 1st if i can apply Set(m) only.
The problem is we just found that my wife have only 5 salary slips including March 2013 (if it arrived b4 PEO date). 5 months back she was on 1 year maternity leave till October 2012 so the October salary slip showing only 1 day income (she went only 1 day for a meeting in October). So combined income of October is not enough as per Financial Requirements. but we were having amount in our savings for £2800 in October. she is still employed with same employer. will the make an issue of less income due to maternity leave? anyone with sililar condition before? should I wait for 1 more month to get slip of April as well but then new rules will be in place for student dependents :(
saanju9 wrote: about ure case..did u call UKBA if her BRP is sent back... If its on its way then there is no issue.. however, if they kept it for a reason..submit your application in PEO...it will take a while to give you a decision(might not be the same day decision)..they will keep your docs and send it to you later if they have a problem in giving decision straight away...but this will be quicker I guess than Postal and you can actually have a chance to explain the caseworker. (see.. if it was at a PEO they would have told you that your wife can't apply on SET(M) rather than refusing her visa)... so in my opinion PEO is better than postal..

I also hope that you ditched the solicitor you have been consulting and demand a refund...there are agencies where they will help u to get some money out of poor professional services...

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Post by NovApplication » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Hey,

So my husband got approved for FLR M, under the old rules. Arrived in July as a fiance and we married in Sept. Applied for FLR M on 2nd Nov, Biometrics 24th Jan, Applied for ROD my passport and marriage cert back 1st Feb (think this was ignored), applied again for ROD - received docs 8th March 2013. Hubands passport and docs back with approval letter 16/3. Now just awaiting BRP!!So so happy we can now start living!! Thanks to everyone for posting your info its been a great help if not quite distressing that a lot of people are in the same situation!

Good luck to those still stuck in limbo!

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Post by NovApplication » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

[quote="NovApplication"]Hey,

So my husband got approved for FLR M, under the old rules. Arrived in July as a fiance and we married in Sept. Applied for FLR M on 2nd Nov, Biometrics 24th Jan, Applied for ROD my passport and marriage cert back 1st Feb (think this was ignored), applied again for ROD - received docs 8th March 2013. Hubands passport and docs back with approval letter 16/3. Now just awaiting BRP!!So so happy we can now start living!! Thanks to everyone for posting your info its been a great help if not quite distressing that a lot of people are in the same situation!

Good luck to those still stuck in limbo![/quote]

Just one thing to add, my passport and my husbands passport were both returned 2nd class but they had a 'recorded' sticker on them which was very odd!!

nats

Post by nats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 pm

anyone with similar experience or knowledge!!! will one month low income (less than £18600) due to maternity leave will be an issue for Financial Requirements of FLR(m) ? will they consider savings of £3000 instead of that month salary?
saanju9 wrote:
nats wrote:Hi Sanju, thanks for encouraging answer. I thought the same as advised by Damanishallo earlier to take both forms on PEO with references of relevant Immigration Paragraphs. but the HO lady made me think again b4 going for PEO. She told that its no more straight forward case due to recent refusal. But i think its still straight forward because she still has valid leave. and the reason for refusal was Wrong Form, nothing else. But the problem is that UKBA have not returned my wife's current BRP card. I dont know why they kept it even the refusal letter says ur current leave is valid. So dont know on PEO appointment what to do when they will ask for BRP. If I say its already with UKBA will they trace it and proceed with her application.

My ILR didn't came yet... and her visa expired when my docs are still with UKBA for 10yrs Long ILR..

So I had no choice

about ure case..did u call UKBA if her BRP is sent back... If its on its way then there is no issue.. however, if they kept it for a reason..submit your application in PEO...it will take a while to give you a decision(might not be the same day decision)..they will keep your docs and send it to you later if they have a problem in giving decision straight away...but this will be quicker I guess than Postal and you can actually have a chance to explain the caseworker. (see.. if it was at a PEO they would have told you that your wife can't apply on SET(M) rather than refusing her visa)... so in my opinion PEO is better than postal..

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 pm

nats wrote:anyone with similar experience or knowledge!!! will one month low income (less than £18600) due to maternity leave will be an issue for Financial Requirements of FLR(m) ? will they consider savings of £3000 instead of that month salary?
Reading the below guidance should help you find your answers.
Annex FM Section FM 1.7 @ Page 20 wrote:5.3.6. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in receipt of maternity, maternity, adoption or sick pay, the relevant date for considering the length of employment will be the date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave, not the date of application. The relevant period for calculating income from their salaried employment will also be the period prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay and not the date of application. But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined will remain as set out in this guidance and in line with those not in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nats

Post by nats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo, I understand from this that as long as my wife is eligible to work and in receipt of maternity pay, they will exclude that maternity leave period and will consider employment length (of 6 months) and salaries b4 start of maternity leave. Means less income during maternity leave is not an issue as long as she is in continuous employment and our income (except that for maternity leave) is above £18,600? That means we can show latest 5 months salary slips (after end of maternity leave) and 6 salary slips (before start or maternity leave)? and those slips as well (during maternity leave) when she received maternity pay to be at safe side? seems like 2 year salary slips :) . not problem, we have all slips and statements.
Please correct if I am wrong?
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:anyone with similar experience or knowledge!!! will one month low income (less than £18600) due to maternity leave will be an issue for Financial Requirements of FLR(m) ? will they consider savings of £3000 instead of that month salary?
Reading the below guidance should help you find your answers.
Annex FM Section FM 1.7 @ Page 20 wrote:5.3.6. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in receipt of maternity, maternity, adoption or sick pay, the relevant date for considering the length of employment will be the date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave, not the date of application. The relevant period for calculating income from their salaried employment will also be the period prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay and not the date of application. But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined will remain as set out in this guidance and in line with those not in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm

nats wrote:Please correct if I am wrong?
I think you got it right.
Annex FM Section FM 1.7 @ Page 22 wrote:5. In respect of statutory or contractual maternity, paternity or adoption pay in the UK all of the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 5(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
(b) Wage slips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months; or (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months.
(c) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
In addition to the evidence listed in above P60(s) (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of salaried employment in the UK. If they are not submitted then the caseworker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met or they may ask for the documents to be submitted.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nats

Post by nats » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 am

my wife's pay b4 maternity was £22000 till October 2011, went on maternity from November 2011 to October 2012 (for 1st 6 months she got SMP of £500-600 almost). Returned back to work 5 months back on November 2012 as flexible worker with pro rata pay of almost 15,600 ... combining my income with her income make it 24,000 in last 5 months (Nov2012, Dec2012, Jan2013, Feb2013, March2013) which is ok. but for October2012 our combined income was less than £18,600 which is not ok as they require 6 month salary slips? thats why all the confusion is.

Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Please correct if I am wrong?
I think you got it right.
Annex FM Section FM 1.7 @ Page 22 wrote:5. In respect of statutory or contractual maternity, paternity or adoption pay in the UK all of the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 5(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
(b) Wage slips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months; or (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months.
(c) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
In addition to the evidence listed in above P60(s) (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of salaried employment in the UK. If they are not submitted then the caseworker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met or they may ask for the documents to be submitted.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 am

Hi everyone,

Hope your all good. The UKBA asked for further documents and in their list one of the documents was to include 5 official sources addressed to BOTH (they put capital letters) parties either jointly and separate should be submitted.

My bills under my name that I submitted- TV license, gas bill, gym contract, sky bills, my mobile phone bill
Bills under my husband's name- his gym contract, council tax (I'm a full time masters student so have the discount discount and it doesn't show my name but the student discount is shown)
Both of our names- water bill

Is that at least five, I know it an obvious question but I just want confirmation. So please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 am

coochiefoo98 wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope your all good. The UKBA asked for further documents and in their list one of the documents was to include 5 official sources addressed to BOTH (they put capital letters) parties either jointly and separate should be submitted.

My bills under my name that I submitted- TV license, gas bill, gym contract, sky bills, my mobile phone bill
Bills under my husband's name- his gym contract, council tax (I'm a full time masters student so have the discount discount and it doesn't show my name but the student discount is shown)
Both of our names- water bill

Is that at least five, I know it an obvious question but I just want confirmation. So please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance.
This seems to be the normal letter many are receiving. I guess it's 5 letters posted to either of you to show you are presently living at given address. The good news is that a caseworker is now close to completion of your application and a result soon.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

mide2011
Newly Registered

Thank God, The Painful wait is finally over.

Post by mide2011 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 am

FLR(M) posted: 14/09/2012
Acknowledgement: 17/09/2012
Payment Taken: 19/09/2012
Biometrics Request: 06/12/2012
Biometrics Submitted: 11/12/2012
UKBA requested further docs: 04 Mar 2013
Further docs posted: 13 Mar 2013 (next day del.)
Passport & Docs Rec: 19 Mar 2013
BRP: Waiting

Thank you everyone.