ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for settlement visa

Post by waitnwatch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi dhanyaa_kd,

You may write to Chennai.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Couple of weeks ago I contacted Mumbai office and my wife did receive a call from them about the status update. That is a different story that they did not have any status to update and asked us to wait till eternity.

In your case since they have exceeded the timeframe, they might have some justification for that.

Keep us posted.

dhanyaa_kd wrote:Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for months and I've just decided to share my situation as well.

Settlement visa applied on: 04/03/2013

Applied at: VFS, Bangalore

Documents processed to BHC, Chennai: 09/03/2013

It has been exactly 69 working days today and still no news :(

dhanyaa_kd
Newly Registered

Post by dhanyaa_kd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi waitnwatch,

Yes, so after many emails to both the VFS and BHC Chennai and numerous phone calls, all I got was a very vague email saying I had to wait for the Entry Clearance Officer to make a decision and that every case is unique. They claim that they are making enquries and as soon as they get a response they would make a decision and let me know.

I have contacted almost all the people they could contact to do background checks - like my previous employers, my husband's present employer and landlord, but they all seem to have not been contacted yet.

I started contacting the VFS and BHC from the 59th working day and I'm still pretty lost on what is happening in the process of my application.

So I guess I'd just have to wait till something comes up :?

I haven't been contacted by either offices for any extra documentation or interviews so I'm just hoping that there are no complications in my application as such, and hoping that whatever backlog they might be having hopefully clears up soon.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 am

Hi,
I have applied for settlement dependent visa using VAF4A for my son who is 5 years old. Below are dates:

Date of application : 15/03/2013
Applied at - Hyderabad, India
Processing completed : 04/06/2013
Received Passport: 12/06/2013
Decision made: Refusal

The visa has been refused and the reason they have stated is that the one of the Question in TB certificate is not completed. The doctor has forgot to complete the question 'NO evidence of active pulmonary TB'. It is pure bad luck that doctor did not complete this question on the TB certificate.
EOC has provided the option to appeal within 28 days. They said that we can appeal online on website www.justice.gov.uk.
Now my question is - I have to submit the TB certificate. If I submit the appeal form online, then how should I submit the TB certificate? Is it through post? If I send it by post, then how will I indicate that this document is related to my appeal which is submitted online?
Can anyone please answer this, as I am really tensed and wanted to get approval. Thanks in advance.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Can anyone please answer my below question. I just want to know that if I submit appeal form online and then post the supporting documents, how will they relate the posted documents to the online submitted form. If anyone has appealed before, can you please let me know the procedure of how to submit the appeal with supporting documents.
pullikanti wrote:Hi,
I have applied for settlement dependent visa using VAF4A for my son who is 5 years old. Below are dates:

The visa has been refused and the reason they have stated is that the one of the Question in TB certificate is not completed. The doctor has forgot to complete the question 'NO evidence of active pulmonary TB'. It is pure bad luck that doctor did not complete this question on the TB certificate.
EOC has provided the option to appeal within 28 days. They said that we can appeal online on website www.justice.gov.uk.
Now my question is - I have to submit the TB certificate. If I submit the appeal form online, then how should I submit the TB certificate? Is it through post? If I send it by post, then how will I indicate that this document is related to my appeal which is submitted online?
Can anyone please answer this, as I am really tensed and wanted to get approval. Thanks in advance.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi All,
I have been going through this forum searching for information on appealing process. I am new to appealing and never done it before. I found many forums posted here and I am not understading the terms determination, call letter, etc.
Can anyone please explain me what is the whole process involved in "appealing", provide a link where I can find the information about the whole process - determination ,call letter, deadline date, etc. Please anyone provide me this info, as I am not understanding how to do it and I have to appela for my son within 28 days.

pullikanti wrote:Can anyone please answer my below question. I just want to know that if I submit appeal form online and then post the supporting documents, how will they relate the posted documents to the online submitted form. If anyone has appealed before, can you please let me know the procedure of how to submit the appeal with supporting documents.

silver2012
Newly Registered

Post by silver2012 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 am

pullikanti wrote:Hi All,
I have been going through this forum searching for information on appealing process. I am new to appealing and never done it before. I found many forums posted here and I am not understading the terms determination, call letter, etc.
Can anyone please explain me what is the whole process involved in "appealing", provide a link where I can find the information about the whole process - determination ,call letter, deadline date, etc. Please anyone provide me this info, as I am not understanding how to do it and I have to appela for my son within 28 days.

pullikanti wrote:Can anyone please answer my below question. I just want to know that if I submit appeal form online and then post the supporting documents, how will they relate the posted documents to the online submitted form. If anyone has appealed before, can you please let me know the procedure of how to submit the appeal with supporting documents.

Hi,

Please check out the following links.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/immigration-asylum

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... um/appeals

You can find all the details of appeal procedure.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 am

silver2012 wrote:
pullikanti wrote:Hi All,

Hi,

Please check out the following links.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/immigration-asylum

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... um/appeals

You can find all the details of appeal procedure.
Hi Silver2012, thank you very much for providing the above links. They are very useful. Thanks a lot

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 pm

EOC has provided the option to appeal within 28 days. They said that we can appeal online on website www.justice.gov.uk

You can still do it the old way which is to complete the appeal form given to you with the refusal letter.

If you appeal like I have suggested, you can send the correct TB certificate along with the appeal form and refusal notice to IAT in the UK ( Not to the BHC post where you applied as was the case before they changed rules where all appeals are sent to IAT in UK.
o review it
The IAT on receipt of your appeal will forward all the documents back to the ECM at the BHC post to review it. There is a very good chance that the ECM will grant the visa when he see's the correct documents.

Normally the sponsor in the UK is the person who does the appealing

smiah
Newly Registered

updates?

Post by smiah » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

Any updates guys?

We are on 47 working days today!

S x

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Re: updates?

Post by waitnwatch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:01 am

I am on 58th working day and still no news. :(
smiah wrote:Any updates guys?

We are on 47 working days today!

S x

dhanyaa_kd
Newly Registered

Post by dhanyaa_kd » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 am

73rd working day and still nothing :(

silver2012
Newly Registered

Post by silver2012 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Its 50th day for me......

Status still...... application fwd to BHC.

meetvans

Post by meetvans » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 am

Date of application : 12/06/2013
Applied at - Mumbai, India
Email Confirmation of the Receipt of the
Application from BHC - 13/06/2013

------And the wait starts :cry:

vino358
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Approved

Post by vino358 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:01 am

Hello Everyone,

My Wife settlement Spouse Visa got approved on 10/06/2013.

I have shown proof as a contractor working through my own Limited company and earnings as self employed director gross salary from company.

Before applying for spouse visa my wife visited UK on visitor visa for 6 months after our marriage in July 2012

Below are the Timelines and Document list:
-------------------
21/03/2013 - Application submitted to VFS Bangalore
26/03/2013 - Under process at BHC
13/06/2013 - Documents sent Via Blue Dart SMS received
14/06/2013 - Documents collected - VISA Approved :D
10/06/2013 - Date of stamping on passport
-----------------

Documents List:
I would like to bring to your kind notice that I’m showing one source of income to meet financial requirement which is under “Category F” as Self-Employed Director of Limited Company. As per the guidance notes, I have attached financial evidence from the last full financial year of company to meet the required income level.

1. Income Source: XXXX Limited (My own limited company) (01OCT2011–30SEP2012)

I was paid a gross salary of £ 21,194.54 in last full financial year of the company. Please check below enclosed evidence in support of this income and a detailed breakdown of earnings from accountant.

I’m working as an IT contractor through XXX Technologies Limited (enclosed letter from consulting company) based for client company XXXX from April-2011.

Documents List:
1 VAF4A Family settlement application form and Passport photos
2 Appendix-2 VAF4A Financial requirement form
3 Spouse Indian Passport
4 Sponsor letter
5 Tuberculosis certificate from UKBA authorised clinic
6 Spouse evidence of English language requirement, Past experience and Future prospects:
● UK NARIC letter for English language assessment
● Photocopies of Master’s & Bachelor’s degree certificates
● Previous work experience proof’s with XXXX Company
● Certificates of Appreciation from XXX Company
● Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) enrolment for Level-1 exam on 1stJune 2013 with CFA Institute
● Recent related Job postings in job market for spouse

7 Sponsor Financial Documents ( Self-employed Limited Company-Director)
• Pay slips as a Director earnings from XXXX limited company (MAR2012-SEP2012)
• Evidence of PAYE and National Insurance Contributions:
o 2012-2013 Current year National Insurance contributions print out from HMRC website (Employer annual returns due on 19MAY2013)
o National Insurance contributions payments marked on Business bank statements
• Certificate of Incorporation and Good Standing from Companies House
• Company tax return - CT600, and Notice to file Company return CT603
• Last un-audited accounts and Accountant Certificate of Confirmation and sales summary
• Barclays Business bank statements from OCT2011-SEP2012(Provided till FEB2013)
• Natwest Personal Bank Statements from OCT2011-SEP2012 (Payments marked on statements)
• Evidence of ongoing self-employment:
o Current appointment reports from companies house
o Director self employment (self assessment) notice from HRMC for Apr2011
o Last 3 Quarterly VAT returns
o Invoices from Oct 2011
• Original VAT registration
• Original Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for PAYE
• Letter from XXXX Technologies Limited (Consulting company) about my consulting services
• Additional documents in support of Business/Consulting Work:
o XXX course completion certificate for Anti Money Laundering
o Certificate course completion for BSA/PMF role training at XXX
o Entry tickets for some client company events

8 Sponsor Immigration Status: British National
● Passport bio data photocopy
● Certificate of Naturalization photocopy
● Driving license photocopy

9 Accommodation Proof (On both of our names):
● House rental agreement
● No objection letter from letting company
● Water bill
● Telecom bill
● Electricity bill
● TV Licence

10 Relationship with Sponsor (Marital Status):
● Marriage Certificate
● Wedding invitation
● Marriage photos
● Wedding hall marriage certificate
● Wedding hall receipts
● Sponsor passport pages of India visits for the purpose of marriage (entry and exit stamps)

11 Relationship Subsisting:
● Photographs of our time together post marriage
● Natwest personal joint bank account attached above
● SBH, India joint bank account passbook
● Car Insurance certificate and wife as additional driver
● Fring phone calls list in early 2011, 2012
● Honeymoon trip to Goa air tickets in 2012
● Gift exchanges email receipts and Household items courier receipt to UK
● Christmas Ball 2012 entry tickets
● Ferry travel tickets from in Sep 2012
● CineWorld cinema’s membership confirmation for both

Very Thanks to you all !!!
Gud luck with your applications
Last edited by vino358 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mmm2
Newly Registered

Post by mmm2 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:06 pm

That is fantastic congratulations!!!!! Looks like you got a decision in 50 working days. This wednesday will be 50 days for us, and are expecting to hear from delhi office. Pray for us! Hope everyone is keeping positive it's so nice to hear success stories.

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Approved

Post by waitnwatch » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Congratulations Buddy.. At last the wait is over for you. I am on the same time scale as urs. Still waiting... Filed in Pune :(
vino358 wrote:Hello Everyone,

My Wife settlement Spouse Visa got approved on 10/06/2013.

I have shown proof as a contractor working through my own Limited company and earnings as self employed director gross salary from company.

Before applying for spouse visa my wife visited UK on visitor visa for 6 months after our marriage in July 2012

Below are the Timelines and Document list:
-------------------
21/03/2013 - Application submitted to VFS Bangalore
26/03/2013 - Under process at BHC
13/06/2013 - Documents sent Via Blue Dart SMS received
14/06/2013 - Documents collected - VISA Approved :D
10/06/2013 - Date of stamping on passport
-----------------

Documents List:
I would like to bring to your kind notice that I’m showing one source of income to meet financial requirement which is under “Category F” as Self-Employed Director of Limited Company. As per the guidance notes, I have attached financial evidence from the last full financial year of company to meet the required income level.

1. Income Source: XXXX Limited (My own limited company) (01OCT2011–30SEP2012)

I was paid a gross salary of £ 21,194.54 in last full financial year of the company. Please check below enclosed evidence in support of this income and a detailed breakdown of earnings from accountant.

I’m working as an IT contractor through XXX Technologies Limited (enclosed letter from consulting company) based for client company XXXX from April-2011.

Documents List:
1 VAF4A Family settlement application form and Passport photos
2 Appendix-2 VAF4A Financial requirement form
3 Spouse Indian Passport
4 Sponsor letter
5 Tuberculosis certificate from UKBA authorised clinic
6 Spouse evidence of English language requirement, Past experience and Future prospects:
● UK NARIC letter for English language assessment
● Photocopies of Master’s & Bachelor’s degree certificates
● Previous work experience proof’s with XXXX Company
● Certificates of Appreciation from XXX Company
● Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) enrolment for Level-1 exam on 1stJune 2013 with CFA Institute
● Recent related Job postings in job market for spouse

7 Sponsor Financial Documents ( Self-employed Limited Company-Director)
• Pay slips as a Director earnings from XXXX limited company (MAR2012-SEP2012)
• Evidence of PAYE and National Insurance Contributions:
o 2012-2013 Current year National Insurance contributions print out from HMRC website (Employer annual returns due on 19MAY2013)
o National Insurance contributions payments marked on Business bank statements
• Certificate of Incorporation and Good Standing from Companies House
• Company tax return - CT600, and Notice to file Company return CT603
• Last un-audited accounts and Accountant Certificate of Confirmation and sales summary
• Barclays Business bank statements from OCT2011-SEP2012(Provided till FEB2013)
• Natwest Personal Bank Statements from OCT2011-SEP2012 (Payments marked on statements)
• Evidence of ongoing self-employment:
o Current appointment reports from companies house
o Director self employment (self assessment) notice from HRMC for Apr2011
o Last 3 Quarterly VAT returns
o Invoices from Oct 2011
• Original VAT registration
• Original Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for PAYE
• Letter from XXXX Technologies Limited (Consulting company) about my consulting services
• Additional documents in support of Business/Consulting Work:
o XXX course completion certificate for Anti Money Laundering
o Certificate course completion for BSA/PMF role training at XXX
o Entry tickets for some client company events

8 Sponsor Immigration Status: British National
● Passport bio data photocopy
● Certificate of Naturalization photocopy
● Driving license photocopy

9 Accommodation Proof (On both of our names):
● House rental agreement
● No objection letter from letting company
● Water bill
● Telecom bill
● Electricity bill
● TV Licence

10 Relationship with Sponsor (Marital Status):
● Marriage Certificate
● Wedding invitation
● Marriage photos
● Wedding hall marriage certificate
● Wedding hall receipts
● Sponsor passport pages of India visits for the purpose of marriage (entry and exit stamps)

11 Relationship Subsisting:
● Photographs of our time together post marriage
● Natwest personal joint bank account attached above
● SBH, India joint bank account passbook
● Car Insurance certificate and wife as additional driver
● Fring phone calls list in early 2011, 2012
● Honeymoon trip to Goa air tickets in 2012
● Gift exchanges email receipts and Household items courier receipt to UK
● Christmas Ball 2012 entry tickets
● Ferry travel tickets from in Sep 2012
● CineWorld cinema’s membership confirmation for both

Very Thanks to you all !!!
Gud luck with your applications

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Thank you batleykhan, for your reply. You said that "There is a very good chance that the ECM will grant the visa when he see's the correct documents." But in the IAFT-2 Page 5, they asked to give "reasons we disagree with the Notice of Decision document". But in our case, there was mistake in the document that we sent. So, the ECM decision was correct based on that document.
So, in this case, we cannot prove or give reasons that we disagree with the Notice of Decision. So, i think we cannot appeal and win this case.
I want to know that whether we can appeal by asking to reconsider the corrected document, without saying that the Decision of ECM is incorrect.

Can you please suggest whether it is better to appeal or to re-apply with the correct document - and which of these methods has maximum chance of getting approval?
batleykhan wrote:

EOC has provided the option to appeal within 28 days. They said that we can appeal online on website www.justice.gov.uk

You can still do it the old way which is to complete the appeal form given to you with the refusal letter.

If you appeal like I have suggested, you can send the correct TB certificate along with the appeal form and refusal notice to IAT in the UK ( Not to the BHC post where you applied as was the case before they changed rules where all appeals are sent to IAT in UK.
o review it
The IAT on receipt of your appeal will forward all the documents back to the ECM at the BHC post to review it. There is a very good chance that the ECM will grant the visa when he see's the correct documents.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi,
Can anyone answer my below query please - whether it is better to reapply or appeal?
pullikanti wrote:Thank you batleykhan, for your reply. You said that "There is a very good chance that the ECM will grant the visa when he see's the correct documents." But in the IAFT-2 Page 5, they asked to give "reasons we disagree with the Notice of Decision document". But in our case, there was mistake in the document that we sent. So, the ECM decision was correct based on that document.
So, in this case, we cannot prove or give reasons that we disagree with the Notice of Decision. So, i think we cannot appeal and win this case.
I want to know that whether we can appeal by asking to reconsider the corrected document, without saying that the Decision of ECM is incorrect.

Can you please suggest whether it is better to appeal or to re-apply with the correct document - and which of these methods has maximum chance of getting approval?
batleykhan wrote:

o review it

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,
In addition to my below query, I also have another doubt. When I applied for settlement visa for my son, whom I mentioned below, I also applied for my other son who is 3 years old. Luckily the TB certificate for him was correct and he was given visa. The visa was stamped on his passport, but the expity date on it is mentioed as 7th March 2015. This is the same as expity date of this passport.
So, when we renew his passport in March 2015, will his visa be transferred to his new passport? Or should we re-apply for settlement for him at that time. I am unaware of this- when we appply for settltment visa, will it be given forever, with no expiry, or there any validity period for this?
Can anyone answer my below query please - whether it is better to reapply or appeal?
pullikanti wrote:Thank you batleykhan, for your reply. You said that "There is a very good chance that the ECM will grant the visa when he see's the correct documents." But in the IAFT-2 Page 5, they asked to give "reasons we disagree with the Notice of Decision document". But in our case, there was mistake in the document that we sent. So, the ECM decision was correct based on that document.

batleykhan wrote:

o review it

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:13 am

A quick update folks. The hideous wait for my wife and me is finally over :) :)

Following are my timelines.

Application Submitted: 21/03/2013 @ VFS Pune
Status Changed to "Forwarded to BHC Mumbai": 26/03/2013
Status Changed to "Handed to Blue Dart": 19/06/2013
Courier Received: 20/06/2013
Visa Stamped On: 18/06/2013
Working Days: 62
Total Days: 92

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 am

Congrats...Sigh of relief now....:lol: :lol: 8)
waitnwatch wrote:A quick update folks. The hideous wait for my wife and me is finally over :) :)

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 am

Big time mate. I was having nightmares about not submitting the right documents.
19eggs wrote:Congrats...Sigh of relief now....:lol: :lol: 8)
waitnwatch wrote:A quick update folks. The hideous wait for my wife and me is finally over :) :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 pm

In addition to my below query, I also have another doubt. When I applied for settlement visa for my son, whom I mentioned below, I also applied for my other son who is 3 years old. Luckily the TB certificate for him was correct and he was given visa. The visa was stamped on his passport, but the expity date on it is mentioed as 7th March 2015. This is the same as expity date of this passport.
So, when we renew his passport in March 2015, will his visa be transferred to his new passport? Or should we re-apply for settlement for him at that time. I am unaware of this- when we appply for settltment visa, will it be given forever, with no expiry, or there any validity period for this?

batleykhan wrote:
Contact me here for further info and to continue to chat about this issue
https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan

silver2012
Newly Registered

Post by silver2012 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Hey Congrats..... so VFS Pune actually did it within 12 weeks... Cool...

smiah
Newly Registered

Celebrations!

Post by smiah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 pm

congrats waitandwatch on your visa!

I am happy to report that I have received my visa too!!

Date of application: 26.0.2013
Date documents received: 02.04.2013
Visa notification: 18.06.2013
Visa collected: 19.06.2013
Working days: 50

Cheers to a new life!