ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

hang in there!

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Sanny26 your pain continues and we can all feel it.
in life we encounter many challenges but the biggest and greatest are those that affect us mentally and physically in terms of health. These guys play mind games. I m' saddened for you as they are punishing your kids because of you. What's irritating me most is that your extension was done on time. They have to draw a line at some point but this has gone too far! All I can say is sorry and try and divert your attention elsewhere. Your journey of a 1000 miles is almost complete you are at 998 miles. you are almost there. reflect whence you came from dear friend! Just keep it together please. God is working through you. He will take away the cup of suffering when it is time which is very soon and that's a fact!

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi letsee welcome in the forum. Could you share your story and time line please?
Sorry bit late with reply,

many thanks Shondra Sharma, summer2013 and chidy for the welcome.

my timeline:
Application sent: 10/06/2012
acknowledgement received: august 2012
Biometric done: late january/2013
application type: FLRO (long residence and human right grounds).

here is my brief story

Came here when i was in my mid teen for college education and Uni, Lost my status after 6 years due to various reasons.
I really should have applied for ILR based on 14 years long residence but wasn't able to raise enough fund therefore i settle for FLRO.

May each of us waiting fare well with home office decision makers.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Letsee wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:hi letsee welcome in the forum. Could you share your story and time line please?
Sorry bit late with reply,

many thanks Shondra Sharma, summer2013 and chidy for the welcome.

my timeline:
Application sent: 10/06/2012
acknowledgement received: august 2012
Biometric done: late january/2013
application type: FLRO (long residence and human right grounds).

here is my brief story

Came here when i was in my mid teen for college education and Uni, Lost my status after 6 years due to various reasons.
I really should have applied for ILR based on 14 years long residence but wasn't able to raise enough fund therefore i settle for FLRO.

May each of us waiting fare well with home office decision makers.

Hi Letsee

Welcome the forum and thank you for sharing ur situation. Most of we are in similar situation.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 pm

@letsee thanks. Sometimes I feel I did a big mistake, I should apply under 14 years rules, doesn't matter clock stopped, probably have a chance of getting descretiong rather than getting ILR. Well its passed anyway. Lets hope for good. @letsee so you came in uk as a child. Good luck, all the best you will get a stay soon.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:
egoneo wrote:Hi guys,

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Applied: 13th Nov 12
acknowledged/money taken: Late Nov
Biometrics letter : 2nd March 13(when letter was dated)
Biometrics complete: 14th March 13
MP contacted: mid jun
Documents returned: 10 Jul 13th (granted on 8th jul)

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success
Congratulations hun! Enjoy your freedom!!
Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!
Hi Time503

I send a message to you plz check your inbox and if possible reply me.
Hi shareen check your inbox I have replied you.
Cheers

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 pm

@time503 could you check your inbox please? Thank you

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@time503 could you check your inbox please? Thank you
Shondra check ur inbox

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@letsee thanks. Sometimes I feel I did a big mistake, I should apply under 14 years rules, doesn't matter clock stopped, probably have a chance of getting descretiong rather than getting ILR. Well its passed anyway. Lets hope for good. @letsee so you came in uk as a child. Good luck, all the best you will get a stay soon.
You did not make a mistake. You are still in line to be granted ILR. With a backlog of 500000 applications, surely the HO is probably considering offloading some applications by granting a straight ILR, especially to long residence applicants. The Home Committee suggested that there will be no bonus for the bosses if the backlog is not cleared up. Now you see that there is a pressure on the HO to move quickly. So do not lose hope! "We are all in the boat"

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:43 pm

@time503 I did, thanks. Could you check again please?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:54 pm

hi@shareenh24 could you check your inbox please?

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 pm

davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.
.congrats davdav.i wish everyone still waiting for decision good news soon

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 pm

@davdav congratulation!!!!!!! well done mate... enjoy your freedom. Some more good news please common..... stay positive.... God bless.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 pm

yahwadud wrote:
davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.
.congrats davdav.i wish everyone still waiting for decision good news soon
. Davdav. you are one of the lucky one again,you are granted 3 yrs instead of the 2.5 yrs new rule.am happy for you pal.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Congratulations davdav. I smile and rejoice with you, this is the first of many... I guess we are all next in Jesus Name. Welcome to the promise land. :)

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 pm

@Yahwadud,thanks

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 pm

@Yahwadud,thanks

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:41 pm

@shondasharma,thanks.for sure good news is on the way.let keep on praying.

summer2013

hi guys

Post by summer2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 pm

my application 11 months tomorrow, biometrics 5 month
is UKBA working normally in summer holidays or should we expect even more delays because of that?
what do you guys think?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

yahwadud

Re: hi guys

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:01 pm

summer2013 wrote:my application 11 months tomorrow, biometrics 5 month
is UKBA working normally in summer holidays or should we expect even more delays because of that?
what do you guys think?
.stay positive pal.someone has just been granted on forum.am sure yrs is around your corner

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

davdav congratulatiooons,
you've put a smile on my face, we love to hear good news here. .people
keep the spirit up, more positive results coming up on the following days!!!!!!

summer2013

Re: hi guys

Post by summer2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

yahwadud wrote:
summer2013 wrote:my application 11 months tomorrow, biometrics 5 month
what do you guys think?
.stay positive pal.someone has just been granted on forum.am sure yrs is around your corner
thankyou yawadud, actually when hear people granted it does make me feel better and stay positive about it, thanks to all of those who share the good news with as including you who come to encourage as.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Congrats to you! More good news to come this week. We declare that we will continue to hear good news through out this week and in the future!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm

This coming Friday will be exactly ONE YEAR i did my Biometric. Still waiting and waiting. I've only been told by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

I spoke to my solicitor on phone now, and he was challenging me why should i made complain to the UKBA that my application is taking long. because i've waited over a year now.

I honestly contacted UKBA when my solicitor refused to update me whats going on and why my application is not yet decided, and so i made the complain to the UKBA through email and letter my self, and the UKBA replied to me that they apologized for the delay in considering my application and they said they can confirm that my application is now under active consideration, and that they can also assure me that all my documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

NOW, MY SOLICITOR IS GETTING MAD AT ME FOR MAKING A COMPLAIN AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF IT WILL AFFECT MY APPLICATION.

What do you think guys?
Ale001