ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abp20e
Newly Registered

Dear Afiya

Post by abp20e » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 pm

[quote="Afiya"]Dear Kaya, this is really sad. I am in the same boat as you are. Seems like soloicitors are the only option for us. I'll keep you updated after consulting with a solicitor.[/quo

Hi afiya , my wife case if the same of your case and we are lost i will be really gratful if you let us know if u know a good solicitor it will help us alot

thank u so much in advance

kaya.b
Newly Registered

Re: Incorrect refusal

Post by kaya.b » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 am

Thank you Damanisshallo, I am going to try to speak to them today with that information, hopefully they will acknowledge this mistake and act upon it.

To Afiya & apb too: My mother-in-law suggested that I get in touch with Citizen's Advice for help if that fails. I suppose it is worth a shot... Hopefully this is something they could assist with...

I am quite worried as the date they had set for me to leave is the 3rd of April (next week), which is an incredible short time to put together an appeal especially with the easter weekend. It seems almost as if they are eager to get rid of me before I can react! I can't believe that someone could think that 01 November comes more than 28 days after 30 November!

Fingers crossed...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Incorrect refusal

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 am

kaya.b wrote:I am quite worried as the date they had set for me to leave is the 3rd of April (next week), which is an incredible short time to put together an appeal especially with the easter weekend. It seems almost as if they are eager to get rid of me before I can react! I can't believe that someone could think that 01 November comes more than 28 days after 30 November!
The thing is, we all know that you are in a WIN/Win situation. All we got to aim at is to get this done even before knocking the Court room doors.

Why waste our money when its evident that its absolutely their fault. If i were you, I'd have speculated this complaint to almost every one from UKBA to Local MP to Immigration minister to Citizens Bureau and finally to the Media. I'd not waste a single opportunity to Name 'n' Shame them for the so called World Class Service.

My advice is, send a letter to you local MP explaining your situation (including the fact that, you've got no right to appeal & only have time until 3rd November minus Easter holidays).

Then call the UKBA and tell them that, its clearly misinterpreted and tell them that you do not want to make an appeal because you believe that this can be sorted out of court. To which I am 99.99% confident that they'd agree.

Your local MP should forward this complaint to their UKBA correspondent ASAP.

You can use the below templates and tailor them accordingly

Complain to Rob Whiteman

Fax this for Urgent Cases
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Reconsideration

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 pm

@kaya.b

If you have not been given an option to appeal then your only option would be to either reapply or to write a letter of reconsideration.

What a reconsideration letter is, is a letter to the United Kingdom border agency stating the reasons why you feel you application was wrongly refused, you need to refute all the points made in the refusal letter and state the reasons why.

With the letter of reconsideration you can also attach further evidence to back up your point and refer to it in the letter.

The letter should be sent to the same post which refused your application and to the person and department names of which should be stated at the end of the refusal letter, there is no fee for this and if a decision in your favour is forthcoming then your visa will be granted. You should send this letter as soon as possible.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Xiaozhu

Just thought I'd spread the news...

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:05 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21941395

On another note, for those of you getting refused on what seem like spurious grounds, I fear that this is because they are under so much pressure they are just rushing and screwing up applications. I think you should appeal, a lot of applications are approved on appeal (although it might take a while and you may wish to cut the waiting time and just apply from abroad, horrible though the separation from loved ones is).

Good luck.
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

melbgirl
Newly Registered

The UK Border Agency is to be abolished...

Post by melbgirl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Well overdue

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi all,

Been a silent reader for 4 months..It's coming to 5 months in a few days and the best news I have received so far is that UKBA is being scrapped! A VERY WELCOME DEVELOPMENT and I cannot wait for Theresa May to follow.

After spending well over 40K in cash over 4years of residing here, I wish I'd seen the sign of things coming and moved out of this country..Already planning my exit strategy as soon as I get my passport back! Never want to be a part of the mess still to come.

FLR-M Applicant.
Previous Leave to remain: Tier 4
Application sent 29th of October 2012
Bio request: 8th of January 2013
Bio- 16th of January 2013
:( :P
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Afiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Afiya » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi everyone.
So the update is we talked to a solicitor today. They have adviced to send thr case for judicial review and are saying the case is pretty straight forward. Also the basnet case is a good reference they will use. Meanwhile we called the enforcement office and explained that we don't intend to leave the country as we don't feel the decision by ukba is right and are filing it for judicial review. They said they will put this information in their system.
Does anyone have any idea if they can force you out of country if solicitors are taking action to get the case resolved?

Just praying now that this huge issue gets resolved and they see where they've made mistakes. Also, we found out in the refusal letter ukba said we didn't send any application before thr july one. Which we have proof by their application acceptance letters, is not true.

Hoping for the best and trying my best not to stress out.

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Has anyone heard the news about scrapping UKBA and home-office taking control. Read the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21940901

babita160
Newly Registered

BRP still not arrived yet!!

Post by babita160 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 am

Hi everyone! I have received all my supporting documents back plus of course my passport. I received it on the 15th March 2013 but on the letter its 12th March 2013.

I'm just getting worried now because upto now I haven't received my BRP yet. I have emailed them twice already but no reply except for the automatic one.

Can anyone please advise me what should i do? Because I'm planning to travel on the 31st :(

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am

How do i go about requesting back my passport for identification purpose? Im not withdrawing.....

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Hey everyone,

The UKBA sent me my documents today. However, there are a few documents missing that I need back, such as my student residence permit card, payslips and etc. My question is to who and what address do I send a letter to asking for the missing documents? Do I send it to the person and the address who asked me for further documents while my visa application was being processed?

Thanks in advance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:The UKBA sent me my documents today.

Was a decision made on your application?

However, there are a few documents missing that I need back,
such as my student residence permit card,

This will be superseded with your new BRP

payslips and etc.

You can request these back, if they were originals.

My question is to who and what address do I send a letter to asking for the missing documents? Do I send it to the person and the address who asked me for further documents while my visa application was being processed?

Yes, you can do so.
Skydrives, Templates

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
coochiefoo98 wrote:The UKBA sent me my documents today.

Was a decision made on your application?

However, there are a few documents missing that I need back,
such as my student residence permit card,

This will be superseded with your new BRP

payslips and etc.

You can request these back, if they were originals.

My question is to who and what address do I send a letter to asking for the missing documents? Do I send it to the person and the address who asked me for further documents while my visa application was being processed?

Yes, you can do so.
hi, Damanisshallo

Yes all documents are originals. That is why I need them back. Basically, they granted my flr (m) visa application. I'm a bit confused with your reply, so will they send me my old student visa permit card with the new residence permit card of this visa? I already got all my documents including my passports and etc, today and the missing ones. So I just want the missing ones, do I send a letter to the person who asked for further documents while processing my visa application or general UKBA office? If the answer is general UKBA office, which address should I use?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:So will they send me my old student visa permit card with the new residence permit card of this visa?

It should be a new resident permit as spouse.

So I just want the missing ones, do I send a letter to the person who asked for further documents while processing my visa application

If I were you, I'd send a letter to this person to get it sorted ASAP. I can see that if you send to a generic inquiry office, the'd forward it to the person who dealt with your application.

Skydrives, Templates

meemyself&I

Biometric card received

Post by meemyself&I » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Msg updated in the post after this one
Last edited by meemyself&I on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's divine child

meemyself&I

Re: Biometric card received

Post by meemyself&I » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi all

Just a quick msg to say I received my biometric card today, I will give more details later, however it was issued on 25.3.13.

As per the duration, it seems as if they have put me under the new rule, as the visa expiry date is Sept 2015, which makes it valid for 2.5 years.

Thought i should fall under old rule, as per this extract from SushdMehta

"For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as a "dependant" (of PBS migrant) .... before 09-Jul-12, then:
1. if you need to switch to FLR(M) and then apply for settlement later, you will remain subject to the current immigration rules and not the new rules becoming effective on 09-Jul-12, and
2. the qualifying period for settlement is 2 years".

I will wait for the letter and docs to see what the letter states.

Thanks for all your support and good luck to all those waiting.
God's divine child

Naheel2013
Newly Registered

Visa granted

Post by Naheel2013 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi guys

Just wanted to share my experience. I came to UK on tier 4 Student visa for one year and recently applied for FLR(m). My partner (british citizen) and I got married a week before applying (after being together for 7 years- in and outside uk). We filled our application ourselves along with supporting documents. It was a rather quick response from UKBA so we are very pleased :)

My timeline is as follows:
Date Applied for FLR(M): 29 January 2013
Date Rec. Ack. Letter: 4 February 2013
Date Rec. Biometric Letter: 15 February 2013 (Mistakes in name so requested re-issue) New letter 14 March 2013
Date Biometrics Appt: 15 March 2013
Date Passport & Docs returned: 28 March 2013
BRP: Waiting..... :D :D :D

jbm

Re: Visa granted

Post by jbm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Hello,

my wife applied for flr-m in aug last year and finally we recived BRp today. her time line is:

Applied on : 15 Aug 2012
Ack recived 21 Aug 2012
Bio-matric enrolment : 27 december 2012
Request for more fresh documents: 13 march 2013
BRP issued : 26 March 2013
passsport and doc: waiting

total time: 7 months 10 day

guys i need some help now. i am on ILR and my wife is living with me as dependent since 2009. in my understanding she can apply for ILr straight now and not need to wait for 2 or 5 years .as she alreay stayed with me as dependent for more than 2 years. just for info she was initially on teir 1 dependent visa and now on flr m spouse visa.

so some expert advice needed on matter

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 pm

jbm wrote:Hello,

my wife applied for flr-m in aug last year and finally we recived BRp today. her time line is:

Ack recived 21 Aug 2012

total time: 7 months 10 day

guys i need some help now. i am on ILR and my wife is living with me as dependent since 2009. in my understanding she can apply for ILr straight now and not need to wait for 2 or 5 years .as she alreay stayed with me as dependent for more than 2 years. just for info she was initially on teir 1 dependent visa and now on flr m spouse visa.

Sorry, but can't find your question. If you asking whether you can apply for your wife's ILR then, Yes.
Skydrives, Templates

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 pm

jbm wrote:Hello,

Ack recived 21 Aug 2012

total time: 7 months 10
Jbm - Pls cld u tell me how long your wife's visa duration is for? I am in the same situation as your wife, but my biometric visa duration is for 2.5 years, so I don't know if they have considered me under new rule. I am still waiting for docs and passport to be returned.

Damanishallo - could u pls let me know if the duration matters or not, as I am of the opinion that I can apply for ILR straight away because I have been a spouse of PBS for more than 5 years. Thanks
God's divine child

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 pm

meemyself&I wrote:Damanishallo - could u pls let me know if the duration matters or not, as I am of the opinion that I can apply for ILR straight away because I have been a spouse of PBS for more than 5 years. Thanks
Don't worry, one of my friend's wife got it for 2.5 yrs and she had already completed her qualifiying period 2 yrs by then so she went for SET(M) successfully.
Skydrives, Templates

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
meemyself&I wrote:Damanishallo - could u pls let me know if the duration matters or not, as I am of the opinion that I can apply for ILR straight away because I have been a spouse of PBS for more than 5 years. Thanks
Don't worry, one of my friend's wife got it for 2.5 yrs and she had already completed her qualifiying period 2 yrs by then so she went for SET(M) successfully.
Thanks for the reassurance. Thought the duration matters.
God's divine child

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Naheel2013 wrote:Hi guys

Just wanted to share my experience. I came to UK on tier 4 Student visa for one year and recently applied for FLR(m). My partner (british citizen) and I got married a week before applying (after being together for 7 years- in and outside uk). We filled our application ourselves along with supporting documents. It was a rather quick response from UKBA so we are very pleased :)

Date Rec. Biometric Letter: 15 February 2013 (Mistakes in name so requested re-issue) New letter 14 March 2013
you are lucky congrats i applied on 19 october 2012 additional docs send back 14 march 2013 still waiting for decision i dont know what they are doing for my application everyday i am calling my solicitor for news but nothing i dont know what to do....
Do good and get reward

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Naheel2013 wrote:Hi guys

Congratulations!!! You are very lucky, normally when you marry a British that is how fast its suppose to be, but these days its the other way round. Some of us have been waiting for 8 months. Once Again Congratulations .