ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

congrats

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Congrats Davdav, vaguely remember your time line you must have waited for almost a year and a half, very well played sir. enjoy your freedom.
@summer2013 Imagine how many people have been affected over the years, without a voice. But because we are immigrants and the government seems to think we have no right to be treated with respect for our life and the lives of our kids and families. How we can enter the 21st Century of globalised knowledge and distributed intelligence with such disrespect for others and ignorance about how to perform at an international level, this is truly sad. remove the Great before Britain because clearly the policy makers and governors have lost the plot. Once I get my stay or when I get my stay should I say, I will haunt them politically day and night!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

outrageous

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm

@Ale001, you eliminated the middle man because he wanted to charge you for that action. Remember commercial Lawyers are glorified liers and con artists. Take heed, I hope all goes well for you otherwise he may put some spanners to work and compromise your case so you go via JR to maximise his earnings from you. I find barristers and Charity lawyers very helpful to be honest. Good luck

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:13 pm

davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.

Hi davdav

Congratulation. we feel comfort when see a member of this forum is getting status and get free from waiting detention center. Enjoy ur freedom and peace.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:15 pm

ale001 wrote:This coming Friday will be exactly ONE YEAR i did my Biometric. Still waiting and waiting. I've only been told by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

I spoke to my solicitor on phone now, and he was challenging me why should i made complain to the UKBA that my application is taking long. because i've waited over a year now.

I honestly contacted UKBA when my solicitor refused to update me whats going on and why my application is not yet decided, and so i made the complain to the UKBA through email and letter my self, and the UKBA replied to me that they apologized for the delay in considering my application and they said they can confirm that my application is now under active consideration, and that they can also assure me that all my documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

NOW, MY SOLICITOR IS GETTING MAD AT ME FOR MAKING A COMPLAIN AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF IT WILL AFFECT MY APPLICATION.

What do you think guys?
Hello pal.don't mind your solicitor,you have taken the right step by contacting home office yrself.my solicitor acted the same way when i wrote a letter to the first tier tribunal myself to expedite my appeal hearing date.Luckily for me,the date was eventually changed from july 31st to may 5th and i end up winning my appeal.to my surprise,my solicitor was the first person to call and rejoice with me .i pray at these moment that yr solicitor shall rejoice with you very soon.Ameen

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: congrats

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Congrats Davdav, vaguely remember your time line you must have waited for almost a year and a half, very well played sir. enjoy your freedom.
@summer2013 Imagine how many people have been affected over the years, without a voice. But because we are immigrants and the government seems to think we have no right to be treated with respect for our life and the lives of our kids and families. How we can enter the 21st Century of globalised knowledge and distributed intelligence with such disrespect for others and ignorance about how to perform at an international level, this is truly sad. remove the Great before Britain because clearly the policy makers and governors have lost the plot. Once I get my stay or when I get my stay should I say, I will haunt them politically day and night!
Very well said @Believe2013 it's unfortunate we are just to them numbers (statistics) an updated data collection. Anyways I guess when you finally get granted, I should be looking out for you inside the House of Commons as an MP lol. (Anything is possible). If they love to kiss the American mule so much I don't understand why they can't have a we link where you care clearly check the status of applications but rather have to keep exhausting the funds from vulnerable people only to talk to a "robot like human being" with no conscience or respect for psychological torment to get an answer with no hope whatsoever. I know before the month end, This forum will almost be empty by God's grace with freedom papers (visas) granted.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:27 pm

davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.
Heyyyyy!!!!! Congratulations to you and your family!!!! Enjoy!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Re: hi guys

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:29 pm

summer2013 wrote:my application 11 months tomorrow, biometrics 5 month
is UKBA working normally in summer holidays or should we expect even more delays because of that?
what do you guys think?
GRRRR i do hope they wont be jetting off to no exotic holiday destinations and ending up more short-stuffed then before!!!!! :twisted:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:30 pm

@Davdav, Congratulations to you. I pray your well deserved freedom brings you peace and joy in all your future endeavours. Wishing everyone all the best this week!!!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

yahwadud wrote:
ale001 wrote:This coming Friday will be exactly ONE YEAR i did my Biometric. Still waiting and waiting. I've only been told by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

I spoke to my solicitor on phone now, and he was challenging me why should i made complain to the UKBA that my application is taking long. because i've waited over a year now.

I honestly contacted UKBA when my solicitor refused to update me whats going on and why my application is not yet decided, and so i made the complain to the UKBA through email and letter my self, and the UKBA replied to me that they apologized for the delay in considering my application and they said they can confirm that my application is now under active consideration, and that they can also assure me that all my documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

NOW, MY SOLICITOR IS GETTING MAD AT ME FOR MAKING A COMPLAIN AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF IT WILL AFFECT MY APPLICATION.

What do you think guys?
Hello pal.don't mind your solicitor,you have taken the right step by contacting home office yrself.my solicitor acted the same way when i wrote a letter to the first tier tribunal myself to expedite my appeal hearing date.Luckily for me,the date was eventually changed from july 31st to may 5th and i end up winning my appeal.to my surprise,my solicitor was the first person to call and rejoice with me .i pray at these moment that yr solicitor shall rejoice with you very soon.Ameen
@Ale001
Don't let your solicitor discourage or put doubt in your mind about the outcome of your application.
He is not your God and can not categorically say what the outcome will be!!!
We have people on this forum who wrote letters of complaints to the UKBA of which I'm one of them and we got positive results!! Why should yours be any different!
Refuse his report and drown his voice with the words of encouragements from this forum.
Very soon we will rejoice with you!!!!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Time503 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Congratulations hun! Enjoy your freedom!!
Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!
Hi Time503

I send a message to you plz check your inbox and if possible reply me.
Hi shareen check your inbox I have replied you.
Cheers
Hi Time503
Plz check your inbox.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:33 pm

What do you think guys?
I think you should not mind him. He is upset because you did the job he is supposed to do. They (some Solicitors) are part of our problem. Instead of helping us to fight our cause, they play game with us and we pay them huge amount, they end up doing nothing.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi@shareenh24 could you check your inbox please?
Hi Sharma

Please check i have replied.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Chidy wrote:

What do you think guys?
I think you should not mind him. He is upset because you did the job he is supposed to do. They (some Solicitors) are part of our problem. Instead of helping us to fight our cause, they play game with us and we pay them huge amount, they end up doing nothing.
Hi Chidy

You are right ,

astro123

CONGRATULATION

Post by astro123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:50 pm

GONGRATULATION . ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:58 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Time503 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!
Hi Time503

I send a message to you plz check your inbox and if possible reply me.
Hi shareen check your inbox I have replied you.
Cheers
Hi Time503
Plz check your inbox.
Hello shareen check ur inbox

astro123

flro application

Post by astro123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Hello good people in this forum, I have been following this forum for a very long time and I must say there are some inspirational people here. I have followed advices from the brilliant people here even though I have not registered. Today I have decided to ask for a personal advice from you. I applied for flro application since last year may, I did biometrics in august and I have not heard anything again from the home office. I applied on the basis that I have a British partner and British child and I am an overstayer . I do call the home office from time to time and I get the usual answer. i called today and after the lady has asked me with my details ,she asked me again on what basis did I apply. And then she told me that it has been decided, and I should expect a package in a few days time from my rep. I am a bit confused since they did not request any further doc from me. And from what I have read from this forum they always request further doc before a decision has been made. S I don't know if I should start getting information for judicial review or appeal . Please advice. Thank you and God Bless you all.

yahwadud

Re: flro application

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm

astro123 wrote:Hello good people in this forum, I have been following this forum for a very long time and I must say there are some inspirational people here. I have followed advices from the brilliant people here even though I have not registered. Today I have decided to ask for a personal advice from you. I applied for flro application since last year may, I did biometrics in august and I have not heard anything again from the home office. I applied on the basis that I have a British partner and British child and I am an overstayer . I do call the home office from time to time and I get the usual answer. i called today and after the lady has asked me with my details ,she asked me again on what basis did I apply. And then she told me that it has been decided, and I should expect a package in a few days time from my rep. I am a bit confused since they did not request any further doc from me. And from what I have read from this forum they always request further doc before a decision has been made. S I don't know if I should start getting information for judicial review or appeal . Please advice. Thank you and God Bless you all.
.hello.welcome to the forum.home office normally ask for more evidence from applicant only if they are not satisfy with evidence provided or if an applicant fail to provide reasonable/enough evidence. am sure you have been granted .relax and enjoy the weather :roll:

GLH2012

Re: flro application

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:39 pm

astro123 wrote:Hello good people in this forum, I have been following this forum for a very long time and I must say there are some inspirational people here. I have followed advices from the brilliant people here even though I have not registered. Today I have decided to ask for a personal advice from you. I applied for flro application since last year may, I did biometrics in august and I have not heard anything again from the home office. I applied on the basis that I have a British partner and British child and I am an overstayer . I do call the home office from time to time and I get the usual answer. i called today and after the lady has asked me with my details ,she asked me again on what basis did I apply. And then she told me that it has been decided, and I should expect a package in a few days time from my rep. I am a bit confused since they did not request any further doc from me. And from what I have read from this forum they always request further doc before a decision has been made. S I don't know if I should start getting information for judicial review or appeal . Please advice. Thank you and God Bless you all.
Hi astro123 welcome to the forum. Am hoping its good news coming your way. If your case worker is satisfied with the evidence in hand they may grant you without requesting for more documents. I'd wait for their decision before thinking of appeal or JR if I were you. Am certain we'll be rejoicing with you in a few day's time.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Congrats and enjoy your sanity.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey congrats on your permit could you tell us what was your story and also what kind of documents did they ask for

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks @time503 and shareen24h.@shareen24h I replied please check inbox.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:14 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
Congrats and enjoy your sanity.
Congratulations...its smooth sailing from here....remove the shackles UKBA has been keeping you under ...God bless and I wish everyone on this forum good news...

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:46 pm

If ukba ask you for more documents is that good or bad news

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

ali90 wrote:If ukba ask you for more documents is that good or bad news
It's like neither here nor there....lol it only means that they are looking into your case now if they think they need more evidence/ proof then they request the same from us...so relax don't worry !

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm

SDP wrote:
ali90 wrote:If ukba ask you for more documents is that good or bad news
It's like neither here nor there....lol it only means that they are looking into your case now if they think they need more evidence/ proof then they request the same from us...so relax don't worry !
Oh okay they asked my sister for more documents more than 2 weeks ago haven't got any decision yet