ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LJLASY
Newly Registered

FLR waiting time

Post by LJLASY » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am

Hi I've been reading you're timeline for long time and I'd like to share my
Date applied 30 may2012 :?
Date acknowledged receipt 14 June 2012
Date biometric letter 16 August 2012
Date biometric taken 20 August 2012
Date passport & docs returned waiting
Date BRP waiting :shock: :shock:

jbm

Re: Visa granted

Post by jbm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 pm

meemyself&I wrote:
jbm wrote:Hello,

my wife applied for flr-m in aug last year and finally we recived BRp today. her time line is:

Applied on : 15 Aug 2012
Ack recived 21 Aug 2012
Bio-matric enrolment : 27 december 2012
Request for more fresh documents: 13 march 2013
BRP issued : 26 March 2013
passsport and doc: waiting

total time: 7 months 10
so some expert advice needed on matter
Jbm - Pls cld u tell me how long your wife's visa duration is for? I am in the same situation as your wife, but my biometric visa duration is for 2.5 years, so I don't know if they have considered me under new rule. I am still waiting for docs and passport to be returned.

Damanishallo - could u pls let me know if the duration matters or not, as I am of the opinion that I can apply for ILR straight away because I have been a spouse of PBS for more than 5 years. Thanks
she got visa issued from 26 march 2013 to 30 Sept 2014. no idea how they workout this time. but i dnt care as i am going to apply for her ilr now.

Brownsgirl
Newly Registered

Post by Brownsgirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:22 am

Hello,

Timeline for application using the Oxford council checking service ILR (set M)

Applied on: 12/02/13
Ack received : 19/02/13
Biometric enrolement :02/03/13
BRP: tried to deliver :28/03/13 but had received approval letter the same day

Total time 6 weeks 2 days

I think we got lucky as so many of our friends have been up to 6 months each, but they did use different methods. Would recommend the checking service as they gave back all personal documents (peace of mind for me thats for sure)

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:16 am

I am sending my wife FLR(m) application. Can anyone help me what documents shall we need to send with the application.

How many mine and her pay slips/bank statements shall we send?

Currently she is on maternity leave, shall We send the HMRC letter confirming that she is being paid Maternity Allowance .

Shall we send our children birth certificates, they are born in UK and we are not including them in the FLR(m)

My wife came much before 9th July to the UK.

phraxed
Newly Registered

Delivery service

Post by phraxed » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:11 pm

I was just wondering what service do Home Office use to send the documents back because I have received a missed delivery card that says that there is a signed for letter waiting for me and no one was supposed to send me anything via signed for so I am just curious to know. Thanks

stoorrey

Re: Delivery service

Post by stoorrey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:21 pm

phraxed wrote:I was just wondering what service do Home Office use to send the documents back because I have received a missed delivery card that says that there is a signed for letter waiting for me and no one was supposed to send me anything via signed for so I am just curious to know. Thanks
They use Recorded Deliver Sing for,if you haven't provided them with a special deliver prepaid envelope.

So it must be your passports, other docs and approval letter. BRP will come in Secure post.

What docs did you provide with your FLR(m) application. Can you reply to my post that is just before your your post?

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm

I contacted a lawyer and he asked me to give them my wife's passport, her bank statement, my bank statement, pay slips, work confirmation letters, pictures, and some proofs that we are living together and our marriage certificate. It wasn't a big bundle but the thing is they didn't ask for any additional letters or anything. Hope that helps.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm

phraxed wrote:I contacted a lawyer and he asked me to give them my wife's passport, her bank statement, my bank statement, pay slips, work confirmation letters, pictures, and some proofs that we are living together and our marriage certificate. It wasn't a big bundle but the thing is they didn't ask for any additional letters or anything. Hope that helps.

How many months pay slips/ bank statment did you send?
thanks

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:14 pm

6 months...

susoroh
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Refusal

Post by susoroh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

We received a refusal letter on 26/03/2013 for our unmarried partner visa. It came special delivery and needed to be signed for, but not in the envelope that we provided with our application.

As we had already suspected, it was refused because we had not been living together for the full two years. We do have right of appeal.

I have a few questions to ask... if anyone has any advice that would be great. We are seeing an immigration lawyer on Thursday, and are planning on lodging an appeal.

We know that we have not lived together for the full two years. We do have a decent amount of evidence that we have been in a serious relationship for five years, and I have seen some cases which have reached appeal and similar to this which have eventually been granted...

Basically we were wondering how long an appeal process would take?

And also my sponsor's passport was returned, along with some photos and photocopies of our documents eg. payslips, bills, etc. But my passport and the original documents were NOT returned. Has this happened to anyone else? As the visa was refused I can't see any reason for sending the documents back separately, but I cannot leave the country (as they have requested) without my passport!

Constructive advice would be appreciated.

LJLASY
Newly Registered

Time FLR

Post by LJLASY » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Today 10 months still waiting

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Time FLR

Post by mrsabih » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 pm

LJLASY wrote:Today 10 months still waiting
why dont you make complaint
Do good and get reward

LJLASY
Newly Registered

Post by LJLASY » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

mrsabih wrote:
my solicitor said the time is deferent from one to other
And I have to Waite . She just sand 2 letter for them and no reply.
I have to Waite :roll:

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am

LJLASY wrote:
mrsabih wrote:
my solicitor said the time is deferent from one to other
And I have to Waite . She just sand 2 letter for them and no reply.
I have to Waite :roll:
I suggest you make complaint it will work solicitor just send normal letters they dont do complaints
Do good and get reward

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Refusal

Post by melbgirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

susoroh wrote:We received a refusal letter on 26/03/2013 for our unmarried partner visa. It came special delivery and needed to be signed for, but not in the envelope that we provided with our application.

As we had already suspected, it was refused because we had not been living together for the full two years. We do have right of appeal.

I have a few questions to ask... if anyone has any advice that would be great. We are seeing an immigration lawyer on Thursday, and are planning on lodging an appeal.

We know that we have not lived together for the full two years. We do have a decent amount of evidence that we have been in a serious relationship for five years, and I have seen some cases which have reached appeal and similar to this which have eventually been granted...

Basically we were wondering how long an appeal process would take?

And also my sponsor's passport was returned, along with some photos and photocopies of our documents eg. payslips, bills, etc. But my passport and the original documents were NOT returned. Has this happened to anyone else? As the visa was refused I can't see any reason for sending the documents back separately, but I cannot leave the country (as they have requested) without my passport!

Constructive advice would be appreciated.
Hi Susoroh,

I am in the same situation, we lived apart due to my partner's job. I have sent my appeal form through and am now waiting on our bundle of documents to be returned from UKBA. I have contacted a solicitor and she wants to charge £700 to assist us to put our case together or £1300 to represent us in court. I cannot afford the solicitor fees and am therefore going to try and get through without legal support. I only got a refusal notice and my partner's passport returned to me, nothing else as yet and that was a week ago I got that. I will let you know if I get anymore documents back.

Good luck!

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 pm

HI all,

I guess my CW must have visited this forum..LOL I got my refusal letter today in reply to my Leave to remain as a partner (unmarried). So happy to be out of the misery of waiting and stalking the postman!

Just a quick help needed from the GURU's on this forum regarding my appeal. My refusal was based on a few reasons, first CW mentioned that we haven't been living together for 2 years which is the requirement(That was expected). Second, My partner and I had a joint income over 18,600 but CW mentioned that I didnt provide a letter from her employer confirming how long she has been working there and her salary (I did attach copies of her payslips). I provided a letter from my employer and also my pay slips. They however said they are not able to take any potential employment I have into consideration.

Lastly, we have a 4 months old Son, who is a British Citizen and settled here. He was born 5 weeks after I sent off my application, so I sent his birth certificate and family pictures to the CW in February. CW received and acknowledged that I had a Child who is British but still refused to grant a leave to remain based on family life because he/she is not satisfied that I have a genuine relationship with my Son. :shock: :twisted:
Now this last part is what I don't understand!!!! How am I suppose to prove that I have a relationship with my own SON? He bears my last name as I am name of his BC, he lives with us. My partner and I pay council tax, electricity, gas, rent without the help of the government..Is this not enough?

Will be glad if any of the GURU's can give me an idea of how they expect me to prove this. Send them a summary of every minute of his life since he was born? Or send them every single picture I have taken since? I have the right to appeal and I am already preparing the ammunition to WIN the war against removal! :P
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

phraxed
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by phraxed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 am

My lawyer phoned me today telling me that they did not grant me visa and didn't give me the right to appeal. Do you know what options do i have apart from leaving the country?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Visa Refused

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 am

phraxed wrote:My lawyer phoned me today telling me that they did not grant me visa and didn't give me the right to appeal. Do you know what options do i have apart from leaving the country?
Do you know what is the reason for the refusal?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 am

I am going to see my lawyer in two hours. He roughly said to me that the rejection is on two basis.
1. My wife is not earning the minimum of £18.6k, she's earning £15.5k.
2. My student visa was curtailed in October 2011 but I didn't get a letter from the UKBA because I moved houses and I got married on 17 April 2012 without any problems. So the second reason is because of me being an over stayer.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 am

phraxed wrote:I am going to see my lawyer in two hours. He roughly said to me that the rejection is on two basis.
1. My wife is not earning the minimum of £18.6k, she's earning £15.5k.
2. My student visa was curtailed in October 2011 but I didn't get a letter from the UKBA because I moved houses and I got married on 17 April 2012 without any problems. So the second reason is because of me being an over stayer.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Sorry for being nosy but,

1. Am I right in assuming that, you are the dependent and your wife is the main sponsor?
2. If the above assumption is right then, Is this the first time you've applied as a spouse?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:07 am

I wouldn't mind you being nosy if it helps me with my case. Actually I had a good job before my visa was cancelled and I still have a permanent job waiting for me with full time hours and my company did issue an employment offer letter to prove that I do have a job waiting for me if my visa is sorted but I stopped working after home office explained in detail that my visa is cancelled and i have to report every month and the HO person who interviewed me was surprised that I did not apply for a spouse visa before 9th July 2012 as i was totally unaware of the fact that my visa has been cancelled so he advised me to file a case if I want to stay in this country.

Yes this is the first time I have applied as a spouse.

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

Yes she is the main sponsor.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Calculating Savings.

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:21 am

phraxed wrote:Yes this is the first time I have applied as a spouse.
I am no expert in your second query but, the first reason looks hard to win over appeal. The best I could say is, for you to make a fresh application but with the savings explained below. However, speaking to a professional might help you.
FM 1.7 @ Page 27 wrote:The following equation is used:
(x minus 16000) divided by 2.5 = y
Where x is the total amount of savings held and y is the amount which can be used towards the financial requirement.
In your case it should be 18600-15500=3100

3100*2.5+16000=23750

So, my understanding is that you need 23750 savings for at least 6 months before you can apply.
Skydrives, Templates

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

Wow that figure of savings freaked me out. That is totally impossible. I will ask my lawyer once i see him.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 am

I have applied for my ILR (Set(O)) and for my Wife FLR(M)

Applied 02/10/12 HSMP 2 years + Tier 1 3 years
Dependants (FLR M) = 1
Payment method: Credit card
Acknowledgement letter received 12/10/12
Biometrics letter dated 01/12/12, received 5/12/12
Bio Enrolled 07/12/12
Dependant Bio Received: 23/01/2013, Given 24/01/2013
Approval... Still waiting
BRP ......still waiting

I have called UKBA after completing six months and they said your application status is outstanding that i already know. Any one can Help what should i do NOW??