ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

My brother in law applied for a spouse visa on 5th March in Lahore, he got the message of ready for collection yesterday and collected it today. Visa Refused!! But the weird thing is that it had been rejected on 27th of July but they kept the application with them. Now he only has 7-10 days to appeal the decision which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. How irresponsible is the Gerry's staff.

21SHOAIB21
- thin ice -

y

Post by 21SHOAIB21 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:04 pm

sazkhan wrote:My brother in law applied for a spouse visa on 5th March in Lahore, he got the message of ready for collection yesterday and collected it today. Visa Refused!! But the weird thing is that it had been rejected on 27th of July but they kept the application with them. Now he only has 7-10 days to appeal the decision which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. How irresponsible is the Gerry's staff.
What waz the reason 4 refusal.

sazkhan

Re: y

Post by sazkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:49 pm

21SHOAIB21 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:My brother in law applied for a spouse visa on 5th March in Lahore, he got the message of ready for collection yesterday and collected it today. Visa Refused!! But the weird thing is that it had been rejected on 27th of July but they kept the application with them. Now he only has 7-10 days to appeal the decision which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. How irresponsible is the Gerry's staff.
What waz the reason 4 refusal.
Spellings of his name were different on his passport to the spellings on his Application form.

1nad321
Newly Registered

Post by 1nad321 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

How different? like a few letters?

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 pm

sazkhan wrote:My brother in law applied for a spouse visa on 5th March in Lahore, he got the message of ready for collection yesterday and collected it today. Visa Refused!!
I have to admit bro.. I just felt goose bumps reading your message as my wife applied on the same day in lahore as your bro in law.. I'm shocked that it was refused around half a month ago and Gerry's just sat on it.. I automatically assumed that all march applicants with refusals would have been contacted pretty much straightaway.. =-O

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm

hashim10 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:My brother in law applied for a spouse visa on 5th March in Lahore, he got the message of ready for collection yesterday and collected it today. Visa Refused!!
I have to admit bro.. I just felt goose bumps reading your message as my wife applied on the same day in lahore as your bro in law.. I'm shocked that it was refused around half a month ago and Gerry's just sat on it.. I automatically assumed that all march applicants with refusals would have been contacted pretty much straightaway.. =-O
same.. my heart sank
thats so awful

sabootio_786
Newly Registered

Post by sabootio_786 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Salaam, sorry to hear about the refusal, May Allah give you strength and patience.

In my case, my husband became accustomed to writing his name in a different spelling than the name on his passport therefore his NADRA ID card and passport both had different spellings. The difference was only a letter change from an 'a' to an 'e' but I told him to have a new passport made with the name on his ID card and included an affidavit in my documents to explain why there are different name spellings. I'm quite worried after hearing that now Allah wills best Insha'Allah

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Just to let everyone know ukba have updated there processing times on the website and the good news is that they are still processing 100% applications within 24 weeks in most areas apart from mirpur which is 99% within 24 weeks
so inshallah most march applicants will definetely hear soon

munchies27

salaam all

Post by munchies27 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

my heart has sank too...
so sorry to hear about ur brother in law sazkhan. such a shame. it makes u wonder sometimes. Pakistan takes the P***!!! (sorry for the foul language)
..but how on earth do gerrys get away with it??! i mean, come on, visa refused on 27th July and RFC yesterday! and on top of that less than 2 weeks to appeal?! thats out of order. the passport and docs should been given back pretty much straight away coz it does tell u 28 days to appeal! sorry but im so angry right now

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 pm

sorry guys i wanted to ask u all a quick question...
has any ones spouse in Pakistan recieved a letter from UKBA/BHC Islamabad??

mr.lonely
Newly Registered

Post by mr.lonely » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Sorry king2be98, you got it right. i phoned gerrys today they told me that my visa apllication is in abu dhabi in process.

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Sallamz all .. انّا لِاللهِ و انّا اليه راجعون .. Really sorry to hear about ur Brov in laws decision .. Getting me a bit worried .. Allah tala make it easy for him n his wife .. Everything is done for a reason .. But I defo think that 2 weeks for apple is rong!!!... He should in my opp get a solicitor ... Inshalah that way he could have his 28 days!!... An sure when u do appeal u will get it inshallah .. My sister applied 5 years a go for my Brov in law and they refused it ... Only bcos my sis photo wasn't the same (they thought that it wasn't the same person in the passport and on the photos you give them) they refuse for stupid things.. But she appealed n get it ... Inshallah all will b ok for ur Brov in law aswell ...

Really sorry once again ... Wasallamz ...

Applied in 19/03/12
Under process at bhc 02/04/12
Been 98 days (excluding holidays)
Still waiting ....
Last edited by S.dawood49 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Leila-that info about processing times is pretty inaccurate as mirpur seems to be the only centre at the moment making quick decisions!
Also dont know about other centres but documents are given pretty much straight away after a decision has been made very sorry to hear visa refused sazkhan

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Under process at BhC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre Mirpur

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:44 pm

It will be 120 days for me tomorrow- let's see if the UKBA will adhere to their customer service standards and reply...

-------------------------------------------
Application submitted: 24/02/12 in ISL

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Elisha wrote:Leila-that info about processing times is pretty inaccurate as mirpur seems to be the only centre at the moment making quick decisions!
Actually it shows on the table that Mirpur has made the largest amount of decisions at 242 in July, giving them probable cause to lag behind in their decision making process.

When you think about it, it's extremely odd that Karachi BHC only had to make 30 settlement decisions yet only 70% of them were made within 90 days.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:01 pm

SazKhan

You have 28 days from the day you receive the application back. So if you received it today, then you have 28 days from now. It's not your fault that they took a month to get it to you.

However everyone needs to listen to me, because I am right when I say this. The majority of your applications are sent in batches to one decision making post ie. Abu Dhabi or Islamabad, they are returned in batches as well. That is why they took a month to send it back to you.

Gerry are to blame sometimes, but they are not to blame when it comes to this, it is the Embassy who kept it month before returning. Gerry take a week at most.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

SazKhan, in order for us to assist you, please comment in the spouse appeal thread and we will be able to help out. We know the process and hopefully can shed some light if you need. Trust me, we know as much as any lawyer collectively here.

If you're uncomfortable, then feel free to PM us and we'll guide you on the next steps.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you all for showing concern. Well yeah they are all really sad as they met all other requirements and this was the only reason for refusal.

@King2be98: Their solicitor has advised them that their appeal won't be successful so that's why they will be submitting a new application soon. Plus they don't want to wait for 6-8 months. His wife earns way above the 18,600 income threshold so he will be applying again. InshAllah he will be successful this time. Thanks for your help anyway :)

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Munchies 27 yes rcevd a letter sayng sorry for delay will try to answer in 24 weeks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 am

You have 28 days to appeal FROM THE DAY YOU RECIEVED REFUSAL not from the Date you were refused.Hope that helps

starprince7
Newly Registered

Applied uk marriage visa 13/03/2012

Post by starprince7 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:30 am

Applied for my wife

13 /03 / 2012

Forwarded on 27 /03 / 2012

Still says under process

I left my job in may, as i went to see my wife in islamabad from the uk.
I thought she will come back with me . I was in pakistan for 2 and a half months and i got back on 19th of july.

1st of august i have started a new job,

Would they ask me for any more information because my last 3 months bank statements have no income coming in as i wa in pakistan where i had to sacrifice my job to see my wife. I have £10,000 savings in my account.
My question is that would they try to find out if i was working in may june and july? As i was in pakistan. And also if i show them my 1 pay slip which i would get soon would that be enough?
I am very worried, is my savings enough even if i was not working for 3 months? But i carried on paying my rent for the house which i am renting. I just want to be on the safe side.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 am

sazkhan wrote:Their solicitor has advised them that their appeal won't be successful so that's why they will be submitting a new application soon. Plus they don't want to wait for 6-8 months. His wife earns way above the 18,600 income threshold so he will be applying again. InshAllah he will be successful this time. Thanks for your help anyway :)
Well we don't know the reason for your refusal, but if you're saying it will be successful on a 2nd application then why won't he win an appeal. Applications are taking nearly 6 months anyway, so you'll be spending pretty much an extra £700 for possibly a 1/2 month quicker VISA. The reason why most people go for the appeal is because every refusal point is either bullcrap (ECO doesn't know the law) or occasionally someone having a complex situation.

Not sure how or why the appeal will be unssuccessful as your lawyer states yet a 2nd application will.

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 am

Assalamu alaykum all .. Just wanted to let u lot no my mrs got a letter also saying that ' there r so many application and they have failed to reach their standard processing time of 95% within 12 weeks.. And they will try and complete her application as soon as They possibly can' there standard r still 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks... As it says on her letter so should b hearing something soon inshallah inshallah ...

All just have sabar and pray in these last few days of the blessed month of Ramadan .. Also plz make Dua for all of us ..

Theres a Hadith (to the nearest meaning) when 2 believers yearn the same thing and they make Dua for each other then even the angels say ameen to that Dua ...

Also just have faith in Allah the all mighty..

Applied 19/03/12
Under process 02/04/12
99days.. (excluding holidays)
Still waiting ...
Wasallamz

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:43 am

Yes rcvd the same letter brother just pray that the answer is atleast positive after this long wait really scared ryt now dnt want to go into appeal :(

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:07 pm

farah123 wrote:Yes rcvd the same letter brother just pray that the answer is atleast positive after this long wait really scared ryt now dnt want to go into appeal :(
when did you apply and are u in pakistan?