ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 - Has anyone got a response in the last 4 weeks?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:03 pm

ruine80: And then all the illegal paddies better stay out of my way as I will have INS number on speed dial.
ruine80:: if i dont get eu-1 I will make sure i deport 10 paddies that will definately give u some satisfaction
I understand you are pissed off and frustrated, but I would request that you refrain from using such facial slurs. I find it incredibly inappropriate and insulting that you would use such a term on this forum . If you have such disregard for the Irish public that you refer to them as "Paddys", perhaps you should reconsider whether you really wish to live amongst them?

joe80: It sounds to me like your application is with the wrong department. Please explain your situation more. Where did you marry your Irish spouse? Where did you live before coming to Ireland? How did you enter Ireland, or have you been living here a while before getting married?

Unless your Irish spouse and you lived together as husband and wife in another European state before moving to Ireland, the EU1 & EU2 forms will not apply to you. If you did live together in another EU State, you can apply under Treaty Rights via the EU1 form.

If you did not live in another EU member State, you should be applying under Irish Law, not European Law. There is no right to residence for non-EU spouses of Irish citizens and each application is assessed on a case by case basis. You had two choices when applying for a residence permit on the basis of your marriage:

Option 1: enter the State on a tourist visa, and then apply for a change of Status to get Permanent Residence on the basis of your marriage. Such applications generally take 12-18 months to process. It sounds like your application has followed this route?

Option 2: apply for a D-Spouse visa from outside of Ireland. Visa applications take 6-8 weeks to process. Enter on this visa and then go to the GNIB to get your Stamp 4 (5 year initial residence permit).[/quote]

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:39 pm

scrudu wrote:
ruine80: And then all the illegal paddies better stay out of my way as I will have INS number on speed dial.
ruine80:: if i dont get eu-1 I will make sure i deport 10 paddies that will definately give u some satisfaction
I understand you are pissed off and frustrated, but I would request that you refrain from using such facial slurs. I find it incredibly inappropriate and insulting that you would use such a term on this forum . If you have such disregard for the Irish public that you refer to them as "Paddys", perhaps you should reconsider whether you really wish to live amongst them?

joe80: It sounds to me like your application is with the wrong department. Please explain your situation more. Where did you marry your Irish spouse? Where did you live before coming to Ireland? How did you enter Ireland, or have you been living here a while before getting married?

Unless your Irish spouse and you lived together as husband and wife in another European state before moving to Ireland, the EU1 & EU2 forms will not apply to you. If you did live together in another EU State, you can apply under Treaty Rights via the EU1 form.

If you did not live in another EU member State, you should be applying under Irish Law, not European Law. There is no right to residence for non-EU spouses of Irish citizens and each application is assessed on a case by case basis. You had two choices when applying for a residence permit on the basis of your marriage:

Option 1: enter the State on a tourist visa, and then apply for a change of Status to get Permanent Residence on the basis of your marriage. Such applications generally take 12-18 months to process. It sounds like your application has followed this route

Option 2: apply for a D-Spouse visa from outside of Ireland. Visa applications take 6-8 weeks to process. Enter on this visa and then go to the GNIB to get your Stamp 4 (5 year initial residence permit).
[/quote]
I have apply via eu1 form like permitted family member under eu law.Irish family is in question.I`m not maried whit anybody in Ireland.In the law eu 2006 they say that you can apply as permmited family member.So i have do like that.I now that family for long time,and i didn`t be able to find any other way to apply for resident in state.I`m enter in Ireland as tourist and get 3 month stamp in my passport.I only want to now did anybody alse get same letter after applying via eu1.And i didn`t live in any other eu country before.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:49 pm

scrudu wrote:

Option 1: enter the State on a tourist visa, and then apply for a change of Status to get Permanent Residence on the basis of your marriage. Such applications generally take 12-18 months to process. It sounds like your application has followed this route?

Option 2: apply for a D-Spouse visa from outside of Ireland. Visa applications take 6-8 weeks to process. Enter on this visa and then go to the GNIB to get your Stamp 4 (5 year initial residence permit).

I find it interesting that calling "paddy" sounds dearly beloved.
I call paddy to all my Irish friends and they dont have any problem with it.
and the following is not my comment

Code: Select all

And then all the illegal paddies better stay out of my way as I will have INS number on speed dial.
Read through all the posts and se it in its full context.Its not dearly beloved thing.
If you go city center and u will see loads of "paddy wagons" , "paddy power" and paddy whiskey do you consider them dearly beloved ?

see this link here http://www.paddywagontours.com/ i will be surperised if u think its dearly beloved

I believe you didnt understand fully what we meant there.we were not being dearly beloved there.I appologise if u feel bad but i believe they were never intended in the way you have believed them to be.
Re read again and see what we meant.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:40 pm

ruine80: Firstly, apologies for attributing carteverde's comment to you. Secondly, I did read all posts fully to see the context in which it was made. I still found it offensive.

To correct a few references you made:

Paddy Power: In this case Paddy is a Proper Noun (i.e. a name), a shortening of the Proper Noun Patrick, so no this isnt a derogatory word.

Paddywagon: This is a slang name given to a police car, or a police van used to collect up criminals. The term is used in the US, Ireland and I think UK. I imagine the company PaddwagonTours named the company this as an attempt at humour. The true origin of this word are disputed. Personally I do not find this word insulting, but read here to see how many in the US (of Irish descent) do: http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=52074

Neither of these words are related to the slang word "paddy" which is a derogatory slang word often used by the English to refer to the Irish. This term was often fired an Irish during the 60's & 70's when the Irish emigrated in droves to the UK and were often viewed and treated extremely poorly.

As for whether your Irish friends find it dearly beloved or not, I guess it really depends on who is saying it, the context and how it is being used. I imagine if you said the quote above, in tangent with the other angry comments towards Irish in this thread, they would find it offensive. Try it out and see?

For the Irish to call themselves or refer to each other as Paddys/Paddies, would not be considered dearly beloved, but the same rule does not always apply to others. I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when you consider the use of a similar slur "nigger" or "paki". You only have to have seen the recent Big Brother episode to see how this was viewed when a white person used it.

Check out the following links on this topic:
http://www.answers.com/topic/paddy-1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/facial_slur

joe80: Can you give any more details on your situation and what your connection is with the Irish family? Maybe I'm not understanding your situation correctly, but you are non-EU and are applying for residence in Ireland on the basis of some family tie to an Irish citizen? Is this correct?

If so, if the Irish citizen didn't live previously in the EU, I dont see how you can apply via the EU 1 form. The EU law does not apply to Irish citizens while residing in Ireland. It only applies to other EU citizens in Ireland, or Irish citizens who move to another EU country.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Man I am not going to read 50 Web pages to proove my point.

What one person find dearly beloved might not be dearly beloved to another person.
I am from pakistan and i dont find Paki as dearly beloved<I have been called in the past in Ireland>

I dont take any offence to this.I am from pakistan and i am Proud of my history and culture.No country in the world is perfect we all have our shortcommings.

Terms like "Cracker", "N|gger", "Wigger", "Half-caste", "Paki", "Chinky", all this crap are only offensive if you think they are.

If someone walking down the street called me a Cracker, Wigger or a Pakki, I wouldn't be in the least bit offended because I'm not in the least bit uncomfortable with who I am.

These words aren't offensive, regardless of how you paint it up. The only reason you get offended is because somebody has pointed out a section of your personality that you don't like.

I would have no problem calling an English friend, a "Brit ****er", no more than I would have a problem with him calling me a "****ing Paki".

I would like to end this and will not resond to your replies as I think it was not racially motivated if you feel it that way then it might be because of the reasons above !

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:53 pm

scrudu wrote:ruine80: Firstly, apologies for attributing carteverde's comment to you. Secondly, I did read all posts fully to see the context in which it was made. I still found it offensive.

To correct a few references you made:

Paddy Power: In this case Paddy is a Proper Noun (i.e. a name), a shortening of the Proper Noun Patrick, so no this isnt a derogatory word.

Paddywagon: This is a slang name given to a police car, or a police van used to collect up criminals. The term is used in the US, Ireland and I think UK. I imagine the company PaddwagonTours named the company this as an attempt at humour. The true origin of this word are disputed. Personally I do not find this word insulting, but read here to see how many in the US (of Irish descent) do: http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=52074

Neither of these words are related to the slang word "paddy" which is a derogatory slang word often used by the English to refer to the Irish. This term was often fired an Irish during the 60's & 70's when the Irish emigrated in droves to the UK and were often viewed and treated extremely poorly.

As for whether your Irish friends find it dearly beloved or not, I guess it really depends on who is saying it, the context and how it is being used. I imagine if you said the quote above, in tangent with the other angry comments towards Irish in this thread, they would find it offensive. Try it out and see?

For the Irish to call themselves or refer to each other as Paddys/Paddies, would not be considered dearly beloved, but the same rule does not always apply to others. I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when you consider the use of a similar slur "nigger" or "paki". You only have to have seen the recent Big Brother episode to see how this was viewed when a white person used it.

Check out the following links on this topic:
http://www.answers.com/topic/paddy-1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/facial_slur

joe80: Can you give any more details on your situation and what your connection is with the Irish family? Maybe I'm not understanding your situation correctly, but you are non-EU and are applying for residence in Ireland on the basis of some family tie to an Irish citizen? Is this correct?

If so, if the Irish citizen didn't live previously in the EU, I dont see how you can apply via the EU 1 form. The EU law does not apply to Irish citizens while residing in Ireland. It only applies to other EU citizens in Ireland, or Irish citizens who move to another EU country.
Yes is correct.I now all that.But they are recive my application and send me ref number,and doj didn`t ask for any more document,i have submit all documentacion whit application.That is only application what i have found on the web.There is no any other application in my case.I live whit them and we have close bond for more then 5 years.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:40 pm

scrudu wrote: Unless your Irish spouse and you lived together as husband and wife in another European state before moving to Ireland, the EU1 & EU2 forms will not apply to you. If you did live together in another EU State, you can apply under Treaty Rights via the EU1 form.

I think it is still out in the open if that first statement is correct, the DoJ didn't incorporate that in their office until very recently.

As of the D-Spouse visa, where can I find more info on that?
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:19 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe: The fact that the EU regulations do not apply to EU citizens residing in their own countries, is not a new thing, and has not simply been introduced by the DoJ. The same would be true for a UK citizen and their non-EU spouse in the UK. Unless they were "exercising their treaty rights" (only possible if they resided/worked previously in other EU country), they would be considered under UK domestic law.

Regarding the D Spouse Visa, please check older posts in this forum by myself, Archigabe, shellylooney etc.: concerning Marriage/D Spouse Visas/DoJ etc.
e.g.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sh++spouse
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sh++spouse
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f391cb5449

joe80: I'm not sure how your application will be assessed, or which regulations will be used. As far as I can tell, the EU 1 form would not be appropriate as your Irish connection has not resided in another EU State. Therefore they cannot "exercise their Treaty rights" to use this law.

Also according to http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI656of2 ... of2006.pdf these Regulations apply to "qualifying family member and a permitted family member". You do not fall under the grouping "qualifying family member" as you are not a spouse or descendent of the EU citizen, and I dont think you can come under the grouping "permitted family member" as it is detailed as follows: [quote]"permitted family memberâ€

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:41 pm

@ Scrudo, this whole topic is about the EU1 and how it applies to European citizens risiding in Ireland and their non-EU Spouse.

When we came to Ireland we were told there is no issue with a non-EU spouse application for residency. Now that we are here, they are changing the rules and there is a court case about that going on this month.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:48 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe: I know this topic relates to non-EU marriages to EU citizens and their residence problems in Ireand. Joe80 asked a question though, and he is in a different situation to you all. Perhaps we should move his question to another post to as not to cause confusion.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Indeed, I wonder which moderator frequents this part of the forum. It was a bit confusing.
Last edited by BigAppleWoodenShoe on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:39 pm

scrudu wrote:BigAppleWoodenShoe: I know this topic relates to non-EU marriages to EU citizens and their residence problems in Ireand. Joe80 asked a question though, and he is in a different situation to you all. Perhaps we should move his question to another post to as not to cause confusion.
This forum is for discussion/information platform.It is not a political,non a nationalistic forum.
The DoJ should be told to do what is right.
Put yourself in the situation of a couple of this forum members,that the DoJ have systematically and psycologically drifted to poverty for not allowing them to work to feed their children.I am sure the DoJ/Irish government are more dearly beloved and inhuman to treat people(non Irish) like that.It is a shame.
Knowledge is Power

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:04 pm

brownbonno: i have no idea what you are talking about or how it relates to my post!

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:07 pm

scrudu wrote:brownbonno: i have no idea what you are talking about or how it relates to my post!
I`m only asking did anybody get same letter from doj,that is only i want to now.Nothing more.Thanks

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:09 pm

scrudu wrote:brownbonno: i have no idea what you are talking about or how it relates to my post!
If anyone want to say?Letter is on page 15.

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:12 pm

On the end we all want same think and wait same answer from doj.Is not ok to argue about that.If other think that i`m not for this topic i will not write again.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:18 pm

joe80: My comment was to brownbonno, not to you.

As you said, your letter was received from the "General Immigration" Division. This group deals with Domestic law & visas. The deal with Tourist Visas, Spousal Visas, Leave to Remain etc. The INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service) deals with Refugee Applications, EU1 applications etc.

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:23 pm

scrudu wrote:joe80: My comment was to brownbonno, not to you.

As you said, your letter was received from the "General Immigration" Division. This group deals with Domestic law & visas. The deal with Tourist Visas, Spousal Visas, Leave to Remain etc. The INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service) deals with Refugee Applications, EU1 applications etc.
I think that they are my application put in the office for permision to remain for non eu, that way i ask is anybody get same letter.My case is diferent,i now that,but thay did not in start refuse my application,in every case i have submit all dokumentacion,and i have lots of money to set my life hear in Ireland.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 pm

It doesnt, its a rant.
I followed his posts on another forum as well.I find them informative up to date on EU/UK/IE immigration but sometimes one sided and opinionated.
Not to say that they dont make a point up to a degree.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 pm

microlab,

Thanks for your opinion.
Its good to rant at least for once as a solidarity for those struggling in the hands of the DoJ.
Knowledge is Power

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:16 pm

If we did not have an opinion we may as well be called vegetables :lol:
Last edited by microlab on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:28 pm

brownbonno wrote:microlab,

Thanks for your opinion.
Its good to rant at least for once as a solidarity for those struggling in the hands of the DoJ.
I agree with almost 99.9999% of what brown bono has posted in all his posts

One is fully entitled to have an opinion based on the EXPERIENCES

I am sure we all have :)

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Ok, everyone...we are all from diverse backgrounds and obviously we are going to interpret things differently. But for the sake of peace, let's just try to keep this thread dealing with any new notices from the DOJ. We have enough bad luck as it is, I don't want people turning on each other within the group...we are supposed to be here to support each other, right!?! I have to say, I have felt much better about my situation since I joined because I don't feel so alone in my situation anymore! :D

Joe80, if you post something new, you should start a new thread with a new title. But I can say for certain that I did not receive any letter like you did. You keep asking, and nobody seems to answer you...sorry about that!!! :wink:

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:11 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:Ok, everyone...we are all from diverse backgrounds and obviously we are going to interpret things differently. But for the sake of peace, let's just try to keep this thread dealing with any new notices from the DOJ. We have enough bad luck as it is, I don't want people turning on each other within the group...we are supposed to be here to support each other, right!?! I have to say, I have felt much better about my situation since I joined because I don't feel so alone in my situation anymore! :D

Joe80, if you post something new, you should start a new thread with a new title. But I can say for certain that I did not receive any letter like you did. You keep asking, and nobody seems to answer you...sorry about that!!! :wink:
I`m very glad because somebody answer on my qouestion.And i can tell you that get in contact whit doj is imposible,and that every case is difrent,and don`t meen that doj will aprove every case even if eu1 is in question.Like one member say to me dipend of their mud every day.I have submit eu1 application and i hope that they will aprove my case.If i find somethig now about eu1 i will let you all now that.

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:41 pm

We got an approval letter today in mail.
Only after 11 months...

Let's see next week if they try to give the 1 year stamps ...
"Waiting for namecheck" since 2007.