ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Restricted COS decisions for August 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 am

Thank You Attwellm for your response.

My employer said they made the application for my RCOs yesterday on the SMS portal.

As you mentioned I just have to be patient until 11th Sept.

Once Approved I think my employer has to assign the RCOS to me after which I can make the application for Tier 2 General ( shortage occupation list ) from outside UK

Sincere Thanks and Regards,

newuser79

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I don't understand, August RCOS allocation is decided and updated on the gov website then how come the employer doesn't know the RCOS result? Still waiting :-(

didi_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by didi_tier2 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:46 pm

kashish wrote:I don't understand, August RCOS allocation is decided and updated on the gov website then how come the employer doesn't know the RCOS result? Still waiting :-(
Do you know if your employer has checked their SMS? My employer did not receive an email from the Home Office but checked it online and it said 'granted'.

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:52 pm

didi_tier2 wrote:
kashish wrote:I don't understand, August RCOS allocation is decided and updated on the gov website then how come the employer doesn't know the RCOS result? Still waiting :-(
Do you know if your employer has checked their SMS? My employer did not receive an email from the Home Office but checked it online and it said 'granted'.
I guess they have checked the sms. They told me they haven't heard anything yet .
Is anyone still waiting for Cos result or its just me now ?

DubloRemo
Newly Registered

Post by DubloRemo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

kashish wrote:
didi_tier2 wrote:
I guess they have checked the sms. They told me they haven't heard anything yet .
Is anyone still waiting for Cos result or its just me now ?
Still waiting myself. No idea what's going on. I exceed the points needed but am unsure as to why my employer has yet to hear of a response. If anyone here has any sort of insight it would be greatly appreciated.

kartimohan
Newly Registered

Post by kartimohan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Still waiting with 40 points. Not heard anything from my employer. They said it will be delayed but didn't give any reason. Don't know whether it's granted or not?

vsing012
Newly Registered

Post by vsing012 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi Kartimohan,

I am also still waiting for RCOS with 45 points. I don't understand is it reject or what?

kartimohan
Newly Registered

Post by kartimohan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:46 am

Hi,

Is there any way to find out whether RCos granted or not. Else we have to wait for the employer mail?
Hope some people who are waiting here may be from the same employer. If interested we can chat via skype.
Skype I'd: karthikm84

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 pm

So we can't confirm just yet that the cut-off was 36?

My employer didn't apply for me this month because we were rejected in June and July... this is such a bummer!!!

Congrats to those who received their COS.... I'm super upset on my end lol

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:05 pm

vsing012 wrote:Hi Kartimohan,

I am also still waiting for RCOS with 45 points. I don't understand is it reject or what?
If you're still waiting, it's just part of the process. Seems like confirmations of acceptance or rejection can be made up until later on in the month. There's also the possibility that your employer has received the confirmation and just hasn't passed on the news to you.

These are my best guesses from what I've seen.

vsing012
Newly Registered

Post by vsing012 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi EssDeezill ,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked with my employer yesterday (14th August) afternoon.

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:10 pm

And still nothing?

I remember people in each month getting late replies. Wish I could be more of a help here :(

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:28 am

fx125 wrote:I would say the miracle 648 is definitley speculation from a group of companies or even one single company. We know that unassigned CoS will be returned auto after 3 months, meaning that these returned CoS must be granted in May. Incidentally, there is a surge of CoS granted in May (over 2k) compared to previous months. This speculation leads to shortage in subsequent months, which is really a shame for Home Office and a disaster for many ppl who indeed need CoS. I dont know many dreams and futures have been swept away by this shameful action. I guess these companies were preparing for expansion but later failed to do so in time.

And for Sep, no miracle will happen again coz if we trace back 3 months from Sep...it's Jun, when there's more than a thousand rejection, how could there be unused RCoS? Worse than it is the surge of approved RCoS in Aug, which again creates shortage for later months.

To sum up, it's just a matter of luck when gambling ur fututre on this bullshit system.
I guess I see who those people are now. If you go to page 161 of the lastest MAC review, you will see the abnormal rise in the applications for 2231 nurses. Normally there are fewer than 300 applications for nurses each month, but this number rose to over 500 in Jan 2015, 1000 in Feb 2015, dropped back to 200 in Mar 2015, and then rose to 450 in Apr 2015 and 750 in May 2015. Those 600+ fake applications must come from 450+750.
How can they not have punishment measures for such shameful action! How could the governement assign the RCoS without checking whether there are real applicants!

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:52 pm

I am still waiting for RCOS :roll: :roll:

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Monika_tyagi wrote:I am still waiting for RCOS :roll: :roll:
Me too :-(

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 pm

I still haven't heard from my employer either, though no clue if my employer has heard from the UKVI

vsing012
Newly Registered

Post by vsing012 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Friends,

I am also waiting for RCOS decision from Home Office.

PMConsult
Newly Registered

Post by PMConsult » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:26 am

london2506 wrote:
Monika_tyagi wrote:
Ya I know PWC is not your employer, I mean to ask you that your application was processed by PWC team as my employer processed my application by PWC Legal.
psinghal276 wrote:Hi Monika,

i think we shouldn't disclose the our employer name here on forum, but i got your point..i am joining the same employer which you are going to join...and have just got information from someone, it will take some time for us to receive COS. Because in our case third party is filing the COS.
I think I am in the same boat (and likely employer) as you guys. I have also contacted the third party, and they said that a result isnt expected until the end of August, whilst stating that this month the decision will come later than usual.

I can't think of any feasible reasons why it would take that long, but to be fair the official figures for August 2015 have yet been released/updated in the government website.

All I know is that if my RCOS was granted, I need it asap otherwise I might not be able to get my visa before the September intake.

I think we may all be work colleagues then....have you guys heard back from PWC? also, did they tell you your score? I am still waiting...

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:06 am

I guess the reason some of you are still waiting is your employers had a third party apply and submit the applications for you?

PMConsult
Newly Registered

Post by PMConsult » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 am

Ln1124 wrote:I guess the reason some of you are still waiting is your employers had a third party apply and submit the applications for you?
I think so yes, at least in my case

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 pm

My employer applied themselves :/

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi all,

I am pleased to have been granted my CoS at last month's allocation at 40 points, however have hit another complication. I had applied with my old passport details in june's allocation which was rejected and received my new passport after I was granted the CoS. Therefore, the details of my assigned CoS have my old passport details. Is it possible to amend these without having the CoS to be re-assigned. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this as I am quite worried.

Thanks

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:25 pm

When they apply RCOS, your employer can't enter your passport details or personal details, but while assigning the CoS, they must enter your passport details.. has your CoS been assigned to you with old passport number? if yes, ask your employer to add sponsor note with the new passport details.

If the CoS hasn't been assigned yet, they can enter your new passport details straight away.
Shah

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks Shah, yes unfortunately my RCoS has already been assigned and I have a CoS number. I have let my employer know about this issue and waiting for them to hear from the Home Office. I am worried they may end up taking away my RcoS altogether due to the fact that it was assigned to the wrong (old) passport. Do you think there is a possibility they can take the CoS away from me altogether?

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Don't worry mate - I think home office will advice your sponsor to add a sponsor note with the latest passport details. I remember other senior members have advised this already in this website.
Shah