ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Topham24
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by Topham24 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

Hi All,

Hoping someone may be able to confirm whether I need to deliver my first time Irish passport application to Liverpool office for passport express or can I provide all relevant documents to my brother who resides in Liverpool and get him to submit for me?

It would be much easier to send onto him however someone mentioned earlier that the office will take a copy of your foreign passport and certify it.

Appreciate anyone who could help clarify.

Thanks

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Blue-That is hilarious. I wonder if you are American you sound a lot like Trump, the GREAT projector. I am UNselfish and not a narcissist so please don't project yourself onto Me. I am a happy person who feels that Everyone should be treated equally and in the order she submitted her application. What you said IS offensive and I do think you meant it but unlike YOU I am not self centered and I don't particularly care what YOU think because you ARE self centered in thinking you can be late and submit your application -LATE-just because you are having a child and cut in line.

You are ridiculous and I won't read another post by you or jumbo. Remember the planet is Overpopulated already!:) Nature is the Giver of all and sustains us and now Nature struggles because certain people are SO selfish they don't give a second thought to other beings or living things. They want a minime and will not adopt the millions of homeless children extant. Have a nice day. Peace<3

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Topham,
I am unsure but if you call the offices of the Department of Foreign Affairs, I am sure they will be able to tell you. You may also email them, click on contact and then the appropriate box, which in your case would be "passports." There will be space for you to provide a subject heading and your question. I know with visas(China) people allow others to submit the application; however, I am unsure about passports. Good luck and have a great one.

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 pm

I found out that my application was sent from London to Dublin. Did this happen to anyone else? Could this result in it coming through quicker?

Thanks

jimbucktoo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbucktoo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Bluey105 wrote:I found out that my application was sent from London to Dublin. Did this happen to anyone else? Could this result in it coming through quicker?

Thanks

My application (for my daughter) was posted to London on 26/03/2017. We got an email from Dublin, two weeks or so ago, asking for some further verification of the bona fides of the barrister who witnessed photos, etc. I received a further email, from Dublin, this morning. It informed me that:

"everything is fine with the application; but, due to the huge number of applicants, it's difficult to give a definite timescale on when the application will be completed."

Personally, we're cool with that. Good luck and blessings to any wee babies who get squeezed in before us.

ammonite
Newly Registered

Post by ammonite » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:52 pm

So I am now officially an Irish citizen, yay! :D

My application was posted to London on 16 February, and the first thing I heard was at the end of June when I had an email from Dublin (so clearly I was in the batch sent over) requesting some extra documents.

It took longer than I hoped to get hold of the extra bits, but they received the last one early last week and I had an email yesterday to say my certificate was ready! One of the documents relating to my mother is irreplaceable and she didn't want me to post it, but they were very helpful and agreed we could collect everything in person from the embassy.

Looking forward to the passport next :)

plasticpaddy
Newly Registered

Post by plasticpaddy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi all!

Newbie here but I've read through the threads. I noticed some people have applied through their local (non-English) embassies.

I have all my documentation ready. I'm a Brit, but I live in Germany. The only part of my application that isn't in English is my proof of residence (a bank statement, a leccy bill and a gas bill in German).

Does anyone know if these need to be translated?

Thanks!

selkie
Newly Registered

Post by selkie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 pm

plasticpaddy wrote:Hi all!

Newbie here but I've read through the threads. I noticed some people have applied through their local (non-English) embassies.

I have all my documentation ready. I'm a Brit, but I live in Germany. The only part of my application that isn't in English is my proof of residence (a bank statement, a leccy bill and a gas bill in German).

Does anyone know if these need to be translated?

Thanks!
Hi, Yes, Every document must be translated. I had my passport notarized in Turkey and I had it translated. Better to have it done than to hold up your application or worse have it returned for failure to provide all necessary documents.

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 am

Hi everyone! I'm almost done gathering the necessary documents. Has anyone used Irish Citizenship Consultants to process their application??

Thanks in advance!
Laurie Brennan Brodeur

billyboylondon
Newly Registered

Post by billyboylondon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 pm

ammonite wrote:So I am now officially an Irish citizen, yay! :D

My application was posted to London on 16 February, and the first thing I heard was at the end of June when I had an email from Dublin (so clearly I was in the batch sent over) requesting some extra documents.

It took longer than I hoped to get hold of the extra bits, but they received the last one early last week and I had an email yesterday to say my certificate was ready! One of the documents relating to my mother is irreplaceable and she didn't want me to post it, but they were very helpful and agreed we could collect everything in person from the embassy.

Looking forward to the passport next :)
Hi Ammonite! I am on a very similar timeline/situation to you. I submitted my application online on 10th Feb and then handed in my supporting documents to the embassy in London on 13th Feb. Same as you, I got contacted by the Dublin embassy (by a man called Gerard) in late June (23rd to be exact) asking for one more certificate (my grandmother's 2nd marriage certificate). I ordered it and sent it to Gerard at the Dublin embassy and then on the 5th July he emailed me to say:

"I received the marriage certificate of your grandparent and the application has been sent for approval"

I followed up and asked if he could give me an idea when I might receive my FBR and on 6th July he said:

"It would be difficult to approximate due to the high volume of applications that we are experiencing at the moment. Hopefully it will not take too long."

I'm curious Ammonite - have you actually received your FBR now? When you received the email saying your certificate was ready, is that what it literally said? Other than being told that my application was being sent for approval, I haven't actually been told that my certificate is ready (and I submitted my application in London a few days before you and, from what you've said, I submitted the final document they asked for (which was just one document) over a month before you too so I'm unsure as to why I haven't been told that my FBR is ready too... I haven't had any further communication since 6th July... hopefully it's just a little anomaly... I'm guessing/hoping my FBR can't be too far off now!

Billy

Damon85
Newly Registered

Post by Damon85 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Laurie9434 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm almost done gathering the necessary documents. Has anyone used Irish Citizenship Consultants to process their application??

Thanks in advance!
Laurie Brennan Brodeur
To be honest gathering the documents is the most time consuming part, the actual submitting it is easy! I guess they charge a fairly hefty fee??

I'd do it yourself and save the money, I'm sure people on here would be willing to help if you get stuck!

Waitingonireland
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingonireland » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

I live in the US and hand-delivered my documents to Dublin (happened to be there) on May 23. I received an email on July 17 from Dublin asking for clarification on my grandmother's name change (she changed her first name when she came to the US). I responded and received this on July 18: "Thank you for providing this information. I have sent your application for the final approval." Does this mean that everything is all set? I have not received any further email or my FBR or any other documents. If anyone has received their FBR in the US, did it come by USPS or other delivery service? Did you have to sign for it? Does anyone know what "final approval" is? Thanks!

ammonite
Newly Registered

Post by ammonite » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:47 pm

billyboylondon wrote: I'm curious Ammonite - have you actually received your FBR now? When you received the email saying your certificate was ready, is that what it literally said? Other than being told that my application was being sent for approval, I haven't actually been told that my certificate is ready (and I submitted my application in London a few days before you and, from what you've said, I submitted the final document they asked for (which was just one document) over a month before you too so I'm unsure as to why I haven't been told that my FBR is ready too... I haven't had any further communication since 6th July... hopefully it's just a little anomaly... I'm guessing/hoping my FBR can't be too far off now!

Billy
Yes I had an email from the embassy saying it was ready but I think that was only because I had already asked to collect it from them in person. It sounds like most other people didn't hear anything until their certificate came in the post. I think I was fast tracked just on the last part of the process so that I could get the document back to my mum (I had asked if they could send just that one document back as soon as they had seen it, but I guess they needed to keep everything together until it was approved). I hope you get yours soon!

Karenc
Newly Registered

Post by Karenc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Hello. I also applied in February 2017 and needed to supply more documentation in July. I emailed this past week and learned that it takes 3-4 months once it's been forwarded for approval.

happilychilled
Newly Registered

Post by happilychilled » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

I submitted my application on 27th Feb and chased for an update today as it'll be 6 months on Monday. I received an email reply stating that applications were now taking 7 months but mine was at "a very advanced stage" whatever that means.

Damon85
Newly Registered

Post by Damon85 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm a bit worried I didn't include a special delivery paid envelope for the return of documents, is this compulsory or just advised?

My timescale so far:
15/04/17 online application submitted
04/05/17 Documents received by London embassy (Had to wait for a final bit of paperwork!)

Looking at current timescales I'm hoping for November/December time, my application was very straight forward so here's hoping!

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 pm

I don't think the prepaid envelope is now necessary as you are charged a postage and handling fee.

My application was submitted in May and has been sent over to Dublin due to the sheer number of them. Is it likely to be any quicker over there?

happilychilled
Newly Registered

Post by happilychilled » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:30 am

I think most applications are now going to Dublin, and from what I was told yesterday by the Embassy contact applications are taking 7 months, so if you submitted in May I would expect an answer around December time.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:51 pm

@ happilychilled , where did you send email to get updates about your application ?
I applied for my daughter FBR from Irish embassy Turkey in last week of January , I contacted Irish embassy Turkey in first week of August and ask about updates , they said due to large volume of applications , my application was sent to Dublin and they are unable to give me any further updates , then I sent email to department of foreigner affair FBR section Dublin three weeks ago bot no reply from them , so any advice please what should I do now ?
I live in Ireland while my daughter is outside the country that is why I had to apply through Irish embassy Turkey .

happilychilled
Newly Registered

Post by happilychilled » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I used this email address for the update and I usually get an answer within 24 hours or so with a reply Foreign.LONDON@dfa.ie

siobhanking23
Newly Registered

Post by siobhanking23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi,

My Partner submitted his application on the 23rd February and it was received the next day. Then on the 25th July he got told he had to send another document to complete his application. They received this the first week of August and we got told "There is no current time frame for the processing of this application". We were just wondering if people are in a similar situation to us. Or if there is anyone who got the email saying their application was being processed and how long it took after that to receive the certificate. If the application is being processed, surely it should take that much longer seeing as someone already looked through the application and documentation to check everything was there? Any advice, help or general chit chat would be greatly appreciated!!

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 am

Thanks happilychilled for quick reply , mine application was submitted in Turkey so i can,t use the email address you gave me , anyone know if we can ring department of foreign affair Dublin FBR section and can ask for updates ?

Damon85
Newly Registered

Post by Damon85 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:28 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 am
Thanks happilychilled for quick reply , mine application was submitted in Turkey so i can,t use the email address you gave me , anyone know if we can ring department of foreign affair Dublin FBR section and can ask for updates ?
If you email the embassy in turkey they will direct it to the relevant department.

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:30 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 am
They don't give updates, I am afraid!

Codyzeus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Codyzeus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

I too commenced my online application 10th Feb. Sent documents to London embassy and was asked for additional supporting docs in July via Dublin I asked for update in August and was informed that the application was still being processed. I shall email them for an update @ Sept 10th (7 month waiting time). Fingers crossed not too much longer :D